Translucent #Billionaire Seri...

By Daisyinks

*STAND ALONE NOVEL* •NOTE Suitable for readers preferring slow, detailed and intense content. "I don't share... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chpater 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilouge

Chapter 32

35.2K 1.3K 100
By Daisyinks

"I don't think it would be necessary Nevaeh. There isn't any change in his condition, you will be the first person to know if he responses to the drugs. Just don't risk coming to Seattle."

"I just want to get done with this year Summer. His presence is eating my sanity!" I gruff out in frustration. I take a sip of my warm tea and lean on the back rest. I look around and notice that the cafe was filled with people. Teenagers, old gentleman, ladies and kids. I take a deep breath in and twirl my cup boringly.

She doesn't respond.

"Summer are you there?"

"Yeah.." She lazily trails off. Park Enterprises is rebuilding. Summer had a ton on her plate right now, with the Japanese deal successfully getting closed, to new mergers and tie ups, Park Enterprises was officially strengthening its roots again. I run my fingers over the Intricate design of the cutlery  and grab a biscuit.

"How is Cece's divorce going? I don't think it's smooth is it?"

"Not at all. One wants out while the other is obsessed. They are practically on the verge" I shake my head. I swallow and decide to bring the topic about Terence's grandmother. She must be knowing something about that stern lady. Her image popped in my brain and I instantly felt my heart beat increase. Quite a night.

"Summer do you know anything about Mrs.Rodriguez, Terence's grandmother?" I eagerly wait for her reply and silently munch on my biscuit.

"Not much. They are all closed Nevaeh. All I know is that she is the second wife of Mr. Ethan Rodriguez but she is the mother of Mr.Anthony Rodriguez." So Terence is her legitimate heir.

"Who is Terence's mother?" I look around and silently whisper. I didn't want people to listen to my conversation.

"I'm sorry but I don't have an answer for that. But I guess..just a guess okay..Mr.Anthony Rodriguez was not a faithful husband." I nod at her words. I don't ask her much after that and cut the call. A young looking waitress probably in her early twenties approaches me and bills me. I grab my wallet and leave the money with a decent tip.

"Thank you Mam, do visit  again." I smile at her and grab my black Prada handbag. I close my laptop and dump the notes in my bag. I walk out of the cafe and take a deep breath when the sun's hot rays smooch my face. It was a Thursday today. It's been four days since we visited Rodriguez Mansion. After his 'nan' so bluntly put in my way her outrageous proposal I didn't utter a word. We left and I always found Terence giving me secret glances after that. I was uncomfortable. His heavy stare always scrutinises  me but now after  3 months..3 and  a half to be precise I grew a shield around me. I learned to block him.

It's been really long since I had a me time and I decided to head to the cafe, an hour from where I stay. For these past four days we followed a formula. I make breakfast and dinner and I silently make some extra for him. After all he was the one who disposed his house staff out. He should be cooking for himself for all I care. But still my weak, 'positive' side takes over and I keep whatever I made aside for him. I don't ask him to eat and he doesn't ask me to cook. Fair enough.

But I always find the packed food empty the next day. I don't ask him and neither does he talk about it. Fair enough.

I sigh.

I don't know what tugs me but I feel a need to look after him. It maybe because of the responsibility as his wife or being the mistress of the house. I really don't know. At times I see him come really late at nights. I don't wait for him but the sounds of his powerful boots wakes me up and I clutch my rug closer to my chest concentrating on everything he does. He leaves very early too. It's almost impossible to catch a glimpse of him. It's better this way, at least that's what I try to reassure myself.

Regardless of the day he was always had only one expression plastered on his face. Cold. Stoic. My gaze shifts to the hot dog and other street food stalls towards my left and I slow my pace down. I decide to go check the rates. A smile decorates my face when I look at the deliciously stuffed food. I decide to grab one. Just when I was above to pay I find a a sleeved hand extend the note. I turn around and was flabbergasted at looking at him.

Ray.

He grudgingly pays the bill and I decide to let it slide this once. I didn't want to a create a scene here in public. I don't raise my eyes, seeing him after so long made me absolutely speechless..if I think about it I felt no emotion. I was stripped of them. I silently take my hotdog and stand by and wait for him to grab his. Once he is done he stands still in front of me. I stand frozen there too. We hardly say a word but there was so much to talk. He takes a deep breath and looks at me.

"How are you?"  He silently questions me. The burning sun's glare casts  a dark shadow. I look away and almost nonchalantly reply.

"Married." This time I meet his stare and for the first time take him in. He wore light blue jeans and a black leather jacket. His brown cropped hair was jelled to his side  while his faded green eyes look at me with an emotion I couldn't point out. This new Ray completely stunned me. He wasn't like the guy I knew in back in the high school, he wasn't like my best friend at all. Ray I knew had long hair, Ray I knew always smiled at me no matter what.

"Yea..to The one and only Terence Rodriguez" he sarcastically throws it on my face and I give him a glare. He causally catches his ear and looks away. He was nervous. I huff a breath.

"Look Ray, if you have nothing better to do than stand here like this throwing whatsoever you want on  my face..guess what! I have better things to do."  I Clutch my wrapped dog  harder and start walking away.

"Nevaeh.! Listen to me hey hey.." he catches my wrist and I immediately pry it away. I look around to find people giving us glances. I try and compose myself and look at his frowning face.

"Listen here and listen good. Elisa, you and I were a myth. It was a temporary bliss and guess what I was too naive to understand that people alter their personality..damn how stupid  I was..I thought you both will always there  no matter what. But you know what Ray? I'm done being the good girl. I don't being someone you both can walk on. You both are the most busiest 'friends' on this goddamn planet right..and honestly I don't care anymore. To hell with both of you!" I spit it on his face. People now stopped and started watching us.

"Sh..Nevaeh  lets no talk here..let's go some where private. Please." I don't reply and stand erect. I hear someone asking me if everything is alright and I look at Ray who was almost begging me now and I give him a feeble nod.

We walk down to a nearby local park and make ourselves comfortable on a wooden bench. I sit far away from him. I concentrate on enjoying my food than actually pay attention to what Ray was trying to say.

"I understand that we weren't in all the phases you had to endure but trust me it wasn't our intention." I scoff.

"Yeah right it was never your intention."

"Nevaeh you are behaving childish! Real friendships are the one where you needn't  to call every other  day" my eyes grow heavy.

"Know this one Ray. Real friends are those who invest their time and energy to make their bond work. And what nonsense are you talking about? Calling every other day..you guys took ages to call me, check on me! You cannot distance all at once and let me make it very clear Ray— you cannot expect me to understand each and every fucking time!" We both grow silent. I try to calm my raging heart beat..look at his audacity to still call himself my friend after never really being one.

"There were so many times I felt left out..so many days I contemplated on dialling your number and guess what I never realised that you slowly  tethered the tiny sacred thread we had." When he was about to comment I immediately stopped him.

"It's been ages since I kept telling dad about what you said me two years ago. Those were the last updates I had of you. Elisa is better..at least she pretends to be interested in my life. You! You just bloody get lost alright. I loathe you now forget being an acquaintance." I throw the wrapper in and bin and collect my handbag.

"I'm married Ray..do you think my wedding day will come again in my life? Do you think you will ever  have a chance to be a person I need the most? Do you think you will ever be able to see me in white?! See me vow to my husband?" A stray tear rolls down my cheek and I immediately wipe is off. He looks away in guilt.

"Know this Ray, after you have shown me the sort of  'friend' you can be I have decided to wipe you clean out of my life just like you did! Just like both of you did. I often forget that we aren't kids anymore..that innocence is all tainted now. We are all grown adults now! I let you have a say and forgot to listen to my own inner voice! You both always had a special spot in my heart. Always. But not anymore..I'm my own person. I get to put myself first. I get to throw tantrums and I definitely get to be happy. I really want to cut my ties with you—

"Listen to ME! What do you know about us ah? What the fuck  do you know about what we have been through!" I smirk.

"I never knew because you never made me feel required..wanted" I accusingly glare at him. True. They never really gave me a chance be a friend. They were too mature to have problems!

"My husband will be probably waiting for me I need to leave!" He instantly catches my wrist.

"I'll come if.." I look at him and frown looking at his selfish expression. Guess few people never change.

"You aren't invited. That's my house and I get to decide who steps in and who doesn't. Do me a favour Ray and please restrain showing me your true colours. Don't wipe the tiny bit of dignity you have. I'm a Rodriguez now and I demand you to treat me like one!" He looks at me not able to process everything I spit on his face. Before he can even hold me back I increase my pace and walk out of the park. Hailing a taxi I immediately get in and in no time we roared towards his place. My place.

*********

I open the door and get in. I immediately head towards the kitchen and grab a glass of water. After the dreadful confrontation with Ray I spent good 50 minutes reminiscing about my happy days with them. How blissful high school was. I had my friends and family and I felt like I had whole the world. I hate that I grew up, I wished i had stayed as a kid. I would have been so happy, everything around me, inside of me would have been perfect. I shut my eyes and just breathe.

"We have somewhere to be." I jerk and drop the glass on the floor in turn around and find Terence lazily resting his hip on the counter. His Herculean arms squared on his chest.He had his phone plastered to his ears. He cuts the call and throws it on the granite counter. I shiver under his gaze and turn around heading towards the sink. He raises his brow and I instantly relate that he was talking with me.

I feel his eyes burn right through me but I refuse to turn around.

"Where?" I nervously ask. He doesn't answer, I turn and face the counter anticipating for his reply but I don't get one. I refuse to lift my eyes. I felt him move. He starts walking closer to me and I involuntarily start cornering my self.

I feel the hair on my neck stand alert. I grow tensed feeling his tall form cover my small one. The silence surrounded the place like a whisper. The sound of nothing, the sound of energy..it screamed. I swallow hard when I feel his hands stretch on the counter in front of me. His arms caged me and I hold my breath..any longer and I would most likely die..

"Terence I—
He bends a little low. His body heat made my start sweating. How can he have control over my body like that? It's brutal! His hot breath smooches my ear. I instantly feel disabled. I was a hot mess. I look down to find his veins popping arms gripping the hard marble. Why does he corner me like this! This wrong. He exhales and I inhale. Pins and needles cover every inch of my skin feeling his mind boggling body so close to me.

"Ten minutes" he huskily whispers in my ear and I try to look at him from the corner of my eyes and just when I think he is going to release me he proves otherwise and tightens the grip on the counter. There was a thin line difference between both of us now. And it's wasn't healthy for my sanity.

"Your husband gives you ten minutes. Dress fancy." And instantly moves away from me and I feel the cold air whip me. I gulp.

"I don't want to come" I wanted to throw it on his face but I could only manage a meek plea. I meet his eyes. He was in his formals and the way his clothes moulded his body...

"Don't make me repeat myself Nevaeh. I won't prefer it next time." His hands slides down into his pocket. While his eyes drink my body. I observe how his eyes scan me bare. Slowly. Tantalisingly. He moves upwards..begrudgingly. His eyes were ruthless when they rest on the swell of my breast. I instantly felt naked. His eyes darken before he averts them away. I swallow hard and practically run towards the stairs. . Away form his eyes. Away from his intentions. What is happening between both of us! I'm no child..I know something is cooking. Something only he can quench. An ache only he can address. When he looks at me with those illegal eyes..I feel so alive. So curious. To know more. To feel more. Mr.Rodriguez is definitely an experienced man and harbouring anything unprincipled will destroy me completely..

Being his wife is costing me a lot more that I'm prepared to give. A lot more that I'm ready to give.

******

Hello!!

How is it going?!

Missed me?

Did you like it?

Things are heating up slowly..wait for more if you want more.

*evil smirks*

Don't forget to comment and VOTE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 308K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
398K 17.7K 35
This is a completed and a published Novel: It can be purchased on Amazon in the form of paperback and/or an eBook. The link for purchase is availabl...
266K 7.4K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
940 44 28
"I despise you so fucking much that I want you to be sent off to the other side of the world, Athena." He takes his last step, his front pressing aga...