Powerless {A.K.}

By XIXJJXIX

"The last time i felt so much peace with someone i got my heart ripped out and thrown back at me like a baseb... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.*
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.*
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.*
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.

19.

694 32 18
By XIXJJXIX

"Get your shit, we're leaving!" Geoff yells and it echoes through Awsten's apartment. We all groan, grabbing our bags. Geoff and Otto had stayed with Awsten and I last night to make the trip to the airport easier. We were all going to Los Angeles to start the tour.

"But Daaaaaad i wanna naaaaap." I drag out my words to be more dramatic. He narrows his eyes.

"Dad?"

"Yep, Father Geoffrey."

"Great." He laughs, pulling his suitcase towards the door. Otto slings his backpack over his shoulder, yawning. We were all exhausted except for Awsten who had decided to sleep the entire day and night previously so that he can be caught up on LA time. It didn't make sense to me but according to his logic it did.

"Come on! Adventure time!" Awsten yells, running out the door.

"Fuck you and fuck your adventure!" I yell back, walking out with the boys.

"Maybe later."

"AWSTEN!" we all yell at the same time making him laugh.

"Let's just get this over with." Geoff says, yawning. We all get into our ubers and make the journey to the airport which isn't far, five minutes tops. Geoff and Otto were in one car leaving Awsten and I in the other. Jawn and Lucas were already at the airport waiting. 

"You look cute." Awsten says, looking over at me as i lean against the car door, watching the city lights as we speed past them. I giggle some, shaking my head. I was wearing black joggers, an old white long sleeve NASA shirt, and socks that don't match under my blue vans. My hair was in a messy bun and i didn't have any makeup on because i was too tired to care.

"You're so full of shit." I say and he scoffs, pretending to be offended.

"I'm sorry that my girlfriend just has to be so fucking beautiful all the time that it leaves me starstruck." He smirks and i roll my eyes.

"You're so ridiculous. It's cute though."

"Hell yeah I'm ridiculous.  Ridiculously falling for you."

"You had the perfect opportunity to quote your own song and you didn't do it. Im disappointed." I say and he laughs. 

"Whatever. You love me and my horrible flirting."

"Maybe a little."

We arrived at the airport and I stare up at the huge terminal. Has it really been a week? Time went by entirely too fast. What if our relationship was like that too? Losing sleep and losing time on repeat.

"Are you okay?" Otto asks, nudging me some. I jump a little, nodding.

"Sorry. Yeah. Just looking around." I smile some, grabbing my bag. He frowns some but let's it go. We all go in and go through security.

"Sir, step aside." A guard says to Awsten and he groans.

"It's because of the hair isn't it? I'm a weirdo." He says, sighing.

"Awsten my hair is literally the same color but with green. Shut up."

"Oh yeah." He giggles, covering his mouth to hide his smile.

The guard begins to pull something out of his pocket and my heart drops. They think he did something wrong. He's gonna get arrested. Awsten's eyes widen as he watches, the sane fear must be going through his mind.

"I'm sorry sir but.. can I have a picture with you? My daughter is a huge waterparks fan." He says, holding up his phone. Awsten sighs, relieved.

"Of course." He says and poses for the selfie. I look over at Geoff and Otto who look disappointed. 

"They're in the band too, sir. Geoff is a very talented guitarist and he does vocals some too. Otto is a fantastic drummer and he's super loveable." I say, smiling back at the boys.

"Would it be okay if we took pictures too?" The guard asks and the boys smile, happy to be included. All the selfies are taken and we begin to leave.

"You didn't have to do that." Otto whispers and I frown some.

"Yeah i did. You're important too. Its waterparks. Not Awsten Knight and his bitches." I say and he laughs some, smiling.

"Thank you. Cia- Awsten's ex, never included us. We barely existed. It's nice to feel wanted." He gives me a side hug before we walk up to the terminal and place our bags onto the ramp to get taken to the plane. We get our tickets and go onto the plane to find our seats.

"That's a problem." Awsten says, frowning at his ticket.

"What?"

"It says I'm sitting here which means you're way over there." He points towards the window seat across the isle on the other side of the plane.

"It's fine, I'm just gonna sleep anyways." I say, shrugging. I place my backpack into the overhead bin and plop down in my seat.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, don't worry about it." I smile at him reassuringly and he half smiles, leaning down to kiss me. I kiss back then pull back as more people come down the isle. Awsten goes back to his seat and sighs.

I lean against the side of the plane, looking out the window. A few moments later a man sits beside me, awkwardly smiling. I smile some back before looking back out the window. He had bright green hair and tired eyes. The black rings around his eyes made his brown eyes look even darker. He had a nose ring and a a septum ring that crinkled up some when he smiled.

"I like your hair." He says, smiling some. His voice was a lot deeper than I expected.

"I like yours too. Electric lizard?"

"Obviously." He laughs at my Manic Panic reference. I hold up a section of my hair thats green, smiling.

"Only the best."

"Atomic turquoise too I see." He points at my blue hair and i nod.

"What's your name?" I ask, turning to face him.

"Nick, yours?"

"Tori."

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"You seriously haven't read any Harry Potter books?" Nick asks, shocked.

"I'm sorry that I'm a loser. It's been a long time since i've just had me time." I say, giggling some. 

"Why's that?" He asks, curiosity filled his eyes as he sipped some coca cola.

"Well, let's just say my roommates are kinda insane." I say, not quite sure it i should bring up All Time Low or not. Some people take it wrong and others lose their minds and want autographs and craziness.

"I understand. Try living with musicians." He laughs.

"Oh trust me, i know what thats like. Do you play?"

"I guess you could say that. I'm not really well known, but maybe that will change soon! My stage name is Guardin." He says, pulling out his phone. He shows me his spotify page and I nod, adding him.

"I'll give it a listen." I say, smiling. 

"I really appreciate it. More than you'll ever know. What's your story?" He asks, putting his phone down.

"I started as a photographer. I do other stuff too but that's the most eventful thing I've really done. I've been on nine tours and helped out with a lot of bands. It's been my life for the longest time."

"That's really cool." He smiles before looking down. He hesitates before looking back up at me, holding his phone.

"This is really bold and I understand if you say no but..  can I have your number?" He asks, his brown eyes look deep into mine.

"Sure! Gonna totally send you memes at four a.m. though." I say, typing my number into his phone. He laughs, putting his number into my phone.

"Contact photo?" He asks, opening the camera app. We both make a peace sign and stick out our tongues with  eyes closed. We looked like twins. We set the contact photos and go back to talking before the pilot makes the announcement of landing.

"This part always scares the hell out of me." I say, looking out the window.

"Really?" He looks out and stares for a moment. We were slowly getting lower and lower towards the ground.

"Yeah, it's just always scared me from the sudden shaking." I say, holding my breath as we get around 20 feet off the ground. The plane lands and I continue breathing, proud of my accomplishment.

"You did it." He smiles wider than ever before. He has dimples. We make our way off the plane and join the guys. They were all standing at baggage claim.

"Guys, this is Nick. Nick this is-"

"YOU KNOW WATERPARKS?!" Nick whisper yells at me, jumping up some. I turn to look at him in awe. He was a cute lil fanboy. Okay, a tall fanboy.

"Yeah, I'm going on tour with them, All Time Low, SWMRS, Night Riots, and The Wrecks. Anyways, guys this-"

"We know who he is." Awsten cuts me off, crossing his arms.

"Hi, Geoff, Big fan." Geoff says, shaking Nick's hand smiling.

"It's mutual." Nick greets them all and the excitement is about to pour out of him. He met some of his idols. I'd be excited too.

"It was so nice meeting you all. Tori, text me later?" Nick asks and i smile, nodding.

"Obviously, we have memes to share." I say and he laughs, waving bye to us all.

I grab my bag and we all walk towards the exit. Awsten was unusually quiet for the first time in his life. Otto and Geoff were talking about My Chemical Romance.

A familiar group of men stood near the exit holding a sign that said our dearest Victoria (and the gloom boys). I smile, running up to my idiot bestfriend, jumping into his arms. He catches me, swinging us around in a circle.

"You are never allowed to leave ever again! You are grounded!!" Jack says, holding me tightly.

"Okay mom!!" I say, giggling. He lets me down and i hug the rest of the boys, receiving similar greetings about how they missed me. I missed them so unbelievably much.

"Hey, A, you okay?" Rian asks Awsten and he just nods, scrolling through twitter.

"He's being bitchy because Tori made a friend." Geoff says, rolling his eyes.

"Oh?" Zack looks at me, raising an eyebrow.

"I met another musician. His name is Nick. He was really cool and his hair was like mine and- wait look!" I hold up my phone to show the contact photo. Zack smiles.

"You guys are like twins!" Rian says, pulling the phone fron Zack's view.

"I wanna see!" Jack pushes into the view to see it and gasps.

"Another weirdo!?"

"Shut up." I punch him in the shoulder and he laughs.

"You know i love you and your weirdness." He says and i smile, shrugging some.

"Sometimes i dont understand why."

All the boys gasp, looking at me in shock. They all start listing off reasons that they love me. I can't help but notice that Awsten hasn't said a word. I frown some but quickly force a smile and try not to think about it. Maybe its just my own insecurities getting to me. I know Awsten cares or else he wouldn't be with me. Right?

We make our way towards the tour buses and start to load up. I start to walk into the ATL bus and was suddenly pulled back. I turn, ready to swing. I sigh, lowering my hands when i realize its Awsten. Paranoia was getting to me.

"We need to talk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.7K 2.6K 33
[BOOK 1 OF SUGAR SERIES] "Can I ask you something? Don't get upset, promise?" When photographer Stella Taylor finds herself working with Waterparks o...
9K 218 31
you and awsten grew up together. you fell in love and dated throughout highschool. but when you had to move away for senior year, you two were separa...
273K 6.1K 177
[COMPLETE] Awsten Knight is in the aftermath of his break up, preparing for almost a full year of touring. He's going through his days mindlessly, a...
77K 1.6K 44
T H E E N D W A S N T O U R S T O F E A R B U T A L L T H A T M E A N S I S A N E W B E G I N N I N G - #1 in awste...