Arctic Blood

By KatieTawaststjerna

Book two to Arctic Love. Just when Draco and Elena thought they could be happy, they are faced with more is... More

Chapter 1: Choice
Chapter 2: One Life For Another
Chapter 3: Talk
Chapter 4 : Back To Normal
Chapter 5: Fly
Chapter 6: Hope
Chapter 7 : I Missed You
Chapter 8: Lets Do This
Chapter 9: Time To Talk
Chapter 10: Long Day
Chapter 11: Take A Break
Chapter 12: Waking Up Beside The Wrong Guy
Chapter 13: Never Safe
Chapter 14: A Toast
Chapter 15: Picture Not Perfect
Chapter 16: Show Time
Chapter 17: Picture To Burn
Chapter 18: When Everyone Leaves
Chapter 19: Question and Answer
Chapter 21: Welcome Back
Chapter 22: Home At Last
Chapter 23: Party Crasher

Chapter 20: Change of Plans

2.6K 49 48
By KatieTawaststjerna

Draco POV

I arrive back home to see mother waiting for me. I step out and she looks at me with a concerned face.

"Where have you been?" she asks.

"I went to speak to Logan," I say.

"Oh, I was just expecting to see you when I came home," she says relaxing, "What did you and Logan talk about?" she asks.

"I asked him for his blessing to marry Elena," I say looking to the floor.

I look up just enough to see how much that caught her attention. She takes a few steps closer to me hoping to hear more.

"and?" she says slowly.

"and...," I pause, "he said no...".

Mother gasps and takes a step back.

"What do you mean...How could he.. I...I don't understand,"

She struggles to make a sentence and I can see the panic in her eyes.

"Lucius!" she calls, "come here, quickly!"

Father walks out of the kitchen and comes to stand beside mother.

"What is it?" he asks.

"Draco went to speak to Logan... to ask for his blessing...and he said no," she says trying to stay calm.

"What, that simply incomparable..." Father takes a breath, "no matter, I'm sure he's just, thinking it over,"

"What if he's not?" Mother asks, "what are we suppose to tell people?"

"Nothing," father snaps, "Nothing at all. Draco have Elena come meet us," he says.

I nod and head for the stairs. I don't want to be part of whatever furious conversation is about to happen. I go up the stairs and start to head to my room but decide to stop. I turn around and look back at the stairs. Although I didn't want to be right there for father's anger, I was curious. I sit at the top of the stairs and try to listen.

"If this gets out," I hear mother say.

"It won't," says father, "This would disgrace Elenas' family as much as it would ours,".

"I suppose you're right" mother says.

"Of course I'm right, they attended the engagement ball and everyone knows it. It would be ridiculous for them to change their minds now." Father says,

"What will you say to Elena? You must be kind to her." Mother insists.

"Of course," father says.

His tone makes me think he's just saying that to please my mother. I get up and go to my room. I shut the door behind me and pace across the floor. I wonder what Logan said after I left. More importantly I wonder how Elena's feeling after that failure. I lay on my bed and try to think of what to do.

————————————————————
ELENA POV

"You are still very young honey," mom says.

"I know," I say.

"And this entire idea was only brought up because there was a...," she pauses, "well, a situation that's no longer relevant,"

"I know," I say.

"And from what the boys told me, you agreed pretty quickly at the Malfoys home without talking to Logan," she says.

"That's also true...I was just hoping we could get passed all the bad stuff that happened. I guess I am pretty young," I say.

"I think you should talk to Draco. I'm a little worried that this engagement may not have been entirely his idea," mom says.

"Should I go now or wait a bit?" I ask.

"Will you be able to sleep if you wait?" Mom says, essentially answering the question.

"You're right...I'll be back for dinner," I say.

I get up off the couch and head to the fireplace. I grab some floo powder and take a deep breath. There's no doubt in my mind that Draco told his parents right away. They'll probably wanna kill me when I get there.

"Malfoy Manor," I say.

I throw the powder down and arrive at the Malfoys hallway in seconds.

I step out slowly and look around. I don't see anyone and I take a deep breath.

"Elena." I hear Draco say.

I turn around to see him running down the stairs. He walks quickly over to me and pulls me into his arms.

"Hey," I say.

I feel my entire body relax the moment he touches me. I close my eyes and let the feeling take over.  He pulls away and looks at me, still keeping his arms around me. He looks almost concerned and he pauses to look at the floor.

"We have to talk," he says.

He looks around quickly and takes my hand. He pulls me towards the stairs, still looking around every corner.

"Draco, what's going on?" I ask.

I try to keep my voice down since his behaviour  is making me feel like  he's trying to be sneaky.

"Shh," he says.

He pulls me up the stairs and we get to the second floor. He stops at the top of the stairs to look around again. He pulls me to his room and closes the door behind us.

"Can you do a sound spell?" He asks.

I don't say anything, I take out my wand and flick it up. I feel like I haven't had to do a sound proof spell since we were back at school. All those nights telling secrets with Beth and Claire.
I move around the room and finish the spell. I put my wand in my back pocket and look at Draco, waiting for an answer.

"Come here," he says reaching his hand out for me.

I take his hand and he sits on his bed.  He moved me to sit on his lap and I put my arms around his neck.

"What's our plan?" I ask.

"Logan said no," he says, "I wouldn't feel right marrying you without his approval,"

"We still have time..." I say, "we could always wait to get married," I say,

"I know, I'm just so ready to marry you now," he says.

"Well, maybe we can just stay engaged for while," I say, "we can plan the perfect wedding,"

"You're right, these things do take a lot of planning," he says.

"And knowing your mother, she'll want a venue that's fully booked for the next four years anyway, I joke.

"So you're not upset?" He asks.

"No, I think you're right," I say, "the day wouldn't feel right if Logan wasn't walking me down the aisle,"

Draco pulls me closer to him and kisses me. I wrap my arms tight around him and close my eyes.

"How are we gonna tell your parents?" I ask, pulling away.

"It's not like we're calling off the wedding," he says.

"You're right," I say.

Draco puts his arm under my legs and picks me up and he stands. He puts me on the ground and holds his hand out for me.

"Let's get it over with," he says.

We start to head for the door and it opens before us. Draco and I both stop as we see Narcissa in the doorway.

"Oh, Elena," she says, "when did you get here?"

"Just now," I lie.

"Well," she says twirling her wand between her fingers, "we were just going to send for you. I hear today didn't go very well,

"Oh, well..." I say, "I think Logan is just stressed right now..."

"The wedding is still on," Draco adds,

He can clearly tell that I feel awkward and I need help.

"That's good to hear," Narcissa says.

"Logan and I will work on this together," Draco says putting his arm around my waist, "and everything will go smoothly,"

"Wonderful, Narcissa says, "your father will be so pleased,"

Narcissa looks us both up and down, then turns on her heel and walks down the hall. I've never seen her like that, it was almost as she was trying to intimidate us.

Draco takes and deep breath and without saying anything he turns and pulls me into his arms. I wrap my arms around him and try to look up at him,

"You okay?" I ask.

"Ya," he says.

I hear him say he's fine, but I don't believe him. It was like he just saw something that freaked him out and he was trying to be brave. I keep my thoughts to myself and stay pressed into his chest. Why did Narcissa just look at us like she had her own agenda?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139 12 19
your Snape's daughter and your on your third year at Hogwarts. everyone on Hogwarts know that you and Draco are dating. Draco is beginning to be a li...
196K 8K 27
Harry Potter has been accepted to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Where he meets a young man named Draco Malfoy. They go through a long j...
85.9K 2.4K 36
Isabelle's 6th Year! Gracey and Belle have been into lots of missions during the summer. Belle hasn't got the answer to Draco's question. Does she st...
30 0 12
This happens during sixth year, Paige and Draco are already dating. This is a sort of behind the scenes of what happens in the half blood prince.