Chapter 8: Lets Do This

"Good morning gorgeous," Draco says

"Good morning," I say looking up at him.

Draco props himself up onto his elbow and looks at me He runs his fingers through my hair and moves the pieces blocking my eye.

"So will you marry me yet?" He asks

I laugh at myself and think.

"I would love too, but I haven't even talked to Logan about it," I say.

"So? it's your decision," He says "You could say yes now, no one would even know"

"I might say yes if you get me some tea," I say

Draco smiles and roles out of bed. He grabs his shirt and throws it in effortlessly.

"Wait here", He says leaning over the bed and kissing my forehead.

Draco walks out of the door and closed the door behind him. I lay in bed and look around the room. Everything looks the same as it always has. Dark curtains hand beside the large windows, Draco's school books stacked in a pile on his desk, The dark marble fireplace in the center of the room full of ashes. I get out of bed and get dressed. I throw on my black jeans and shirt and head over to the mirror. I fix my hair and I hear the door open behind me.

"Hi Elena," Narcissa says.

"Oh, hi, how are you?" I ask.

"I'm very good dear, I was just wondering if you need anything. I know it's getting cold. I'd imagine we'll see snow soon." She says

"I'm fine, but thank you," I say.

"Alright, Oh also," She says, "I was hoping to talk to you about the ball, you remember from last year, don't you?" She asks

"How could I forget, it was so amazing," I say

"Yes, Well, of course, we will be hosting it again this year. Will you be joining us?" She asks

"I would love too but I'll have to tell my mother so we can plan for it," I say

"Oh, no need dear, your entire family is invited," she says.

"That sounds fantastic Narcissa," I say

"What are you two talking about?" Draco asks walking into the room.

"The Christmas Ball," Narcissa says. "I was just telling Elena how lovely it would be if her family could join us this year"

"That would be great." He says

"It would be even better if we could announce your engagement that night," Narcissa says looking at Draco trying to hint at the idea.

"We've already talked about it. That's what this is for" He says handing me my tea.

"Narcissa I do want too," I say

"Is that a yes then?" She asks

"You know what, yeah, it is, I will marry you Draco," I say

"Are you serious?" Draco exclaims.

"Yeah," I say.

"Oh wonderful, Lucius, Lucius come in here!" Narcissa yells.

"Baby, this is the best day of my life!" Draco says picking me up.

"I'm gonna spill my tea." I laugh

Narcissa pulls out her wand and levitates the mug out of my hand. I wrap my now-free arm around Draco and hug him.

"What is this?" Lucius asks.

'Elena has just agreed to marry Draco" Narcissa says linking her arm with Lucuis's.

"How wonderful," Lucius says in his slow, deep voice.

Draco puts me down and runs his hand through my hair.

"I don't even have a ring for you." He says.

'I do" Lucius says.

Lucius pulls out his wand and points it at his hand. A bright spindle of blue flows out of his wand and hits his palm. A small ring soon forms the base of the ring. A spark of gold flows out of his wand and hits the ring. Soon the ring is covered in beautiful diamonds and sapphires.

"Welcome to the family my dear" Lucius says handing Draco the ring.

Draco turns and puts the ring on my finger and I instantly feel the tears form in my eyes.

'It's beautiful" I say

"I think it suits you well," Lucius says. 'Come Narcissa, let's leave them".