Chapter 18: When Everyone Leaves

"Did you get Maddy to bed?," I ask taking cups off the fireplace mantle. 

"Yeah, I did," Draco says wrapping his arms around my waist. 

"Why don't you just use a spell to clean this up?" He asks. 

"There's something satisfying about using your hands every once in a while," I say throwing another cup into my trash bag, "Besides, it's not too bad," 

I push him off playfully and keep walking around the room. 

"Do you think Maddy will say anything to Pansy when we get back?" Draco asks. 

"I don't know, I really wasn't expecting her to go off like that. If she were to say anything it would be something along the lines of 'sorry for yelling at you about nothing, but you deserve it anyway'" I say. 

"She won't apologize," Draco laughs. 

I know I have to bring up the Logan thing but it's going to be so awkward.  I don't like having these serious conversations. What if he starts worrying about what will happen if Logan says no. What if he doesn't know how to approach that conversation? I wouldn't know how to ask.  

"Hey, Draco?" I say.

"Yeah?" he says. 

"Um, I know this is out of nowhere, but did you ever, you know, ask Logan for his blessing on our marriage?" I ask. 

"Hmm," he says, "No, I don't think I ever officially did. He would want me too, wouldn't he?" he asks. 

"I don't know if he sees it as a requirement, but I think he would appreciate the thought," I say. 

"Then, I'll go talk to him tomorrow," He says. 

"Thank you," I say. 

"Thank you," I say taking out my wand,

.I flick my wand up and the remaining cups lift off the floor and surrounding tables. 

"I thought you were all about doing things with your hands?" Draco says. 

"I was before I realized how much of a mess there was, we still have to do two more rooms," I say. 

Draco takes out his wand and goes into the other room to get the other cups and decorations. I put all the cups from this room in my trash bag and use my wand to make it hover as well. Maybe it would have been easier from the beginning to just have the bag float beside me while I picked everything up. 

Draco comes back with another bag, and we look around to make sure we got everything. I'm not completely sure if Lucius and Narcissa know Draco was having this party but he doesn't seem too worried. There are a few small bits of confetti on the floor that I pick up, but that's all I see. Draco and I walk into the front to put the trash bags down so we remember to get rid of them in the morning. Draco looks to me and holds out his hand for me to take. 

"Common," he says, " let's go to bed," 

I take his hand and we start walking up the stairs. The house looks so empty without everyone. Just an hour ago there were a hundred people running around, laughing and singing. It's crazy how fast this house can change from a party to a dark pit. 

We get to the top of the stairs and Draco turns down towards the guest bedroom. He opens the door slightly and looks in and then closes it. I look at him in confusion and he shrugs at me. 

"Just making sure they're breathing," he says. 

I laugh at him and we head down the hall to his room. he closes the door behind us and I head to his mirror to take my makeup off. I see Draco start to unbutton his shirt in the reflection and I can't help but smile a little. He looks so good. I try my best not to be obvious but he catches me looking. I smirk at me and shakes his head a little. I go back to getting ready for bed and Draco heads into the bathroom. Once he closes the door I get up and head for my bag. I knew I was most likely going to stay here so I brought something a little cuter than normal to wear. I reach in my bag and grab my black silk top and matching shorts. I throw them on quickly and go into my bag again. I grab my hairbrush and run in through my hair a few times because putting on my top just messed it up. I try to figure out how to sit when he comes back in. Do I sit on the bed? is that too much? maybe I should just sit at his mirror again and pretend I'm just doing my regular thing. I decide to sit at the mirror again and look at myself once more. I fix my hair a little and then Draco steps out of the washroom. I keep my eyes on my hair but I can see him coming up behind me in the reflection. He runs his fingers through my hair and leads down beside me.