Chapter 23: Party Crasher

"I never thought we'd be back here," I say. 

I throw my bag on my bed and sit down to look at Draco. 

"I wouldn't get too comfortable," Draco says as he sits beside me. 

"What makes you say that?" I ask. 

"My father says Dumbledore is hiding something, something he doesn't want the minster to know," he says. 

"Any guesses?" I ask.

"He wouldn't say, but he's never wrong about these things," He says. 

"Have you considered that maybe your father just doesn't like Dumbledore and that might cloud his judgement?" I ask. 

"I have, and it doesn't change anything," he says.

I wonder what he would be talking about. I've never heard of Dumbledore doing anything suspicious. Maybe I can ask Harry, he always tells me the truth and he knows Dumbledore better than anyone. 

"Well, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Whatever it is, I'm sure Dumbledore can handle it," I say. 

"You always see the best in people," he says. 

Draco stands up and turns to kiss me on the head. he heads for the door and stops before leaving the room. 

"I worry It may be you who has the clouded judgement," he says. 

He opens the door and closes it behind him, leaving me with those cold words. I start racking my brain about what he could be talking about.  I can't wait. I jump up and throw the door open. I rush down the hall and through the common room. 

"Hey Elena," Alex says, "We're about too...

I run right by him and out of the common room. I rush up the stairs and down the hall. I pass students and professors as I navigate the twists and turns of the castle and head for the Gryffindor common room. As I approach the door I see Harry and Hermione and they call out to me.

"Hi Elena," Harry says. 

"Hey, can I talk to you? Both of you?" I ask, trying to catch a breath. 

They look at each other in confusion and back at me. 

"Of course," Hermione says as she links arms with me. 

"What's on your mind?" Harry asks.

"It's Draco, he's being weird and saying awful things about Dumbledore," I say. 

They both go on either side of me and we all start walking down the hall together and take a seat in a window nearby.

"What kind of things?" Hermione asks.

"That he's in over his head, that he's hiding some sort of secret," I say. 

"That's absurd," Harry says, "Dumbledore would never do anything to hurt us, or Hogwarts,"

"He's right," Hermione says. "Dumbledore is brilliant, he would never agree to something that he didn't have full control over," 

"That's what I say, but Draco seems to believe he has some huge secret he's keeping from us," I say. 

"You shouldn't  worry," Hermione says, "Besides, we all know how Draco feels about Dumbledore," 

"Absolutely," Harry says, 

"I feel the same way," I say, "I think there's too much bad history there for Draco to judge the situation clearly," I say. 

" I would avoid speaking about Dumbledore a much as possible" Hermione says.