Chapter 14: A Toast

"Are you excited for tonight?" Beth asks.

"Yeah, I'm really happy you guys could make it," I say.

"Me too," Claire adds, "It's gonna be so fun,"

I look back in the mirror and continue brushing my hair.

"Hey, Olly," Alex says coming into the bathroom, "Draco's looking for you,"

"Ok," Olly says jumping off the counter.

Olly leaves the bathroom and Alex follows him. I'm really glad Draco invited everyone this year. Last year was so scary, especially with Pansy there. It's also a lot more fun to get ready with the girls. Narcissa has all of downstairs decorated beautifully with silver and blue. I only saw her briefly when we arrived at the manor but I'm sure she's just busy considering the party is in two hours.

"Elena, can you help," Maddy says holding her hair.

I take my wand off the counter and flick it at the curling iron. The curler hovers and takes her hair around its hot barrel.

"Don't move, ok?" I say, "it's really hot,"

Maddy stays still as the barrel moves through the sections of her hair. I turn back to the mirror and flick my wand. It lifts my makeup and it goes to work.  Everything is done and my eyeliner is left until last. I take it in my hand and do it myself as I always have.

"Still don't trust the spell huh?" Claire asks.

"Not yet," I say.

The girls laugh at me and continue getting ready. Olly walks back in and takes his seat back on the counter.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Nothing," He says looking at my makeup, "um, can you help me, you know, look not so dead."

I laugh at him and pick up my wand. I flick it at the blow dryer and it comes over to me. I grab it and nod to Olly for him to get off the counter. I turn it on and flick my wand again. It starts cleaning up Olly's hair and he seems unamused by it. Knowing Olly he's never used a blow dryer before.

"how does it look?" Maddy asks turning to me.

"Beautiful," I say.

"Should I put it up, or keep it down?" She asks.

"See what it looks like up," Beth suggests.

Maddy stats to put up her hair and I look back to Olly. I turn off the blow dryer and start brushing his hair back. He actually has really nice hair, he just never cares to do anything with it.  After a few minutes of messing around with his hair, it looks pretty good.

"Maddy, what do you think?" I ask.

"Looking good babe," Maddy says.

Olly laughs and looks over at me.

"Thanks, gorgeous," he says.

Olly leaves the bathroom and I look over at Maddy.

"Was he talking to you or me?" I ask.

She shrugs and goes back to working with her hair. I guess it's not weird for olly to say that he compliments all of us, all the time.

"Ok, I'm good,"  Claire says.

"Me too," Beth adds.

The two left the bathroom and went to my room to get into their dresses.

"Do we like it up?" Maddy asks.

"Oh yeah," I say looking at the messy bun she made, "Definitely up,"

"Thanks," Maddy says.

"Ok, I'm ready," I say.