Chapter 17: Picture To Burn

Elena POV

Well, this complicates things a bit, but I don't really have time to spare. 

"Yes, it's Harry," I say, "I'm sorry Draco, but I had to know who did it," 

"Elena, what are you doing," Draco asks," you could get in serious trouble".

"It's only for an hour, and now that we know who it was, Harry and Ron can go," I say.

"How did you think this was going to work Elena?" Draco asks, "She obviously saw them, everyone is seeing them as Crabbe and Goyle, what if people talk to them when we get back?" 

"We thought about that," Ron says, "gave us a bit of trouble actually"

"I can make them think they were here," I say.

"How do you do that?" Draco asks. 

"it's a spell I learned with Maddy, it makes someone believe they were somewhere when they really weren't," I say. 

Harry looks at me for an explanation as to why I would ever need that spell.

"We forgot to invite Julia Black to Claire's birthday party," I say. 

Harry shrugs at me and looks back to Draco for a reaction.

"Are you sure it was Pansy?" Draco asks. 

"Positive," I say.

"Okay, I'll deal with her, we can't let anyone else see them," he says looking to Ron and Harry. 

"Can we use the fireplace in your parents' room?" I ask. 

"I'm not going back down there," Ron says.

Harry looks at Ron and I try not to laugh. He's seriously scared of Pansy.

"You know where to go," Draco says. 

He kisses my head and heads for the door. He opens it to see Pansy waiting in the doorway.

"There you are!" she exclaims, "I've been looking everywhere for you. Why aren't you downstairs, it's your party?" 

"I was just heading down," Draco says.

"Who else is up here?" Pansy asks. 

"No one of interest to you," he says blocking her view, "Go downstairs," 

Pansy scuffs at him and turns to head downstairs. Draco follows her and closes the door behind him. Pretty smart considering we all know pansy would try to duck around him and come in. 

"So we meet back at the burrow then?" Harry asks. 

"Sounds perfect, I'll be back soon, besides, you two will probably be turning back into yourselves soon," I say. 

"So where's the fireplace, I wanna get out of here," Ron says. 

Harry and I laugh at him and I head to the door. I open the door and look around, just in case pansy snuck back up. The hall is clear so I open the door to let Ron and Harry follow me. We walk down the hall and take a few turns to get to Lucius and Narcissa's room. I don't remember if I've ever actually been in here, I just know where it is from wandering the house. The design is similar to Draco's room but the bed is much bigger. The dark curtains that cover the windows are the same and the wood used for the floor is even similar. I see the fireplace across from the bed and head over to it. 

"Here you are boys," I say. 

"You first Ron," Harry says, "careful not to drop any," 

Ron hops in and takes some Floo powder from the marble dish Narcissa has. He drops it on the floor and he's gone.