Chapter 10: Long Day

"Oh, Elena!" Narcissa says standing up, "I was wondering when you would be back"

"I'm sorry I took so long, I'm ready to go whenever you are," I say

"You're in perfect time," She says looking at the clock, "I'll grab my coat and we can go,"

I didn't realize it was only 2 pm, this has been the longest day ever. I mean, maybe it hasn't I saw mom at lunch and then came back here and hung with Draco and then we went to see Dumbledore, but that only took fifteen minutes at most.

"Elena, are you ready?" Narcissa calls to me.

"yes," I say walking to the front hall.

Narcissa was in a large black coat complete with a black mink scarf. Her hair fell perfectly around the fur and she held her wand so delicately it could fall any second. She walks over to the fireplace and grabs some Floo powder.

"I'll meet you there", she says.

"Okay", I say.

"Madam Malkin's Robes", She says throwing the powder down.

The flames surround her and she closes her eyes and disappears into the Floo Network.

I step into the fireplace and grab some Floo powder.

"Madam Malkin's Robes," I say throwing the powder down.

The green flame surrounds me and I shoot into the Floo Network.

I land on the floor of the dress shop and look up to see a very familiar scene. The dresses still line up perfectly by color and ladies of high-class browsing through the racks.

"Oh, Elena!" Madam Malkin says as I step out.

"Hi Madam Malkin," I say as she pulls me in for a hug.

"Narcissa tells me you and Draco are to be married", She says.

"Yes," I say

"Oh, how exciting!" She exclaims.

"Yes, we are all very proud of them," Narcissa says.

"It seems it was only yesterday you were here getting a dress for last years ball", She says.

"I loved that dress so much," I say remembering how amazing it was.

"What are we thinking this year?" Madam Malkin asks.

"Well last year I did blue so I was thinking red this time". I say

"Perfect, and you my dear?" She says looking at Narcissa.

"I was thinking a nice grey would complement the red well," She says.

"Fantastic, I'll pull some dresses for you and I'll be right back," Madam Malkin says.

Narcissa sits on one of the benches to wait and I sit beside her.

"I remember sitting here with you a year ago," She says, "You had just met Draco"

"Wow, that seems like it was so long ago," I say thinking of all that's happened, "Has it really only been a year?" I say.

"I feel as though I've known you for much longer," Narcissa says.

"Me too," I say.

"You know Elena, you can come to me with any issue," she says.

"Oh, that's so kind of you," I say.

What does someone say to that? I mean, what would I have to go to her about? The only issue she would be concerned about would be if there was something wrong with Draco. I guess she is gonna be my mother in law.