Chapter 19: Question and Answer

........

"You ready?" I ask Draco as I stand in the fireplace.

"Do I have a choice?" He asks.

"Nope," I say, "I throw my powder on the floor and head home.

I get engulfed in flames and see Draco disappear into nothing. I land quickly at home in the living room where Harry and Hermione are.

"You're back!" Hermione yells in excitement.

She jumps up and Harry stays sitting on the couch.

"Yes, I'm back," I say hugging her, "What did I miss,"

"What didn't you miss," Ron says as he enters the room.

I look to Hermione for an answer and she turns to look at Harry.

"Well," Hermione says anxiously, "Last night didn't really go as planned,"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

Just then Logan enters the room and cuts Hermione off.

"There you are!," he says as he hugs me, "We were starting to think we wouldn't see you before we went back,

"You have such little faith in me," I say.

"Mom and Mike just went out, they should be back soon," he says.

"Perfect," I say, "Sorry, what were you saying Hermione?" I ask.

I hate to cut the conversation with Logan short but this sounds important. As she's about to tell me, we're interrupted again by large flames entering the fireplace. I almost forgot Draco was following me. He steps out and looks at me.

"What's he doing here?" Ron protests.

I look at him, hoping he'll take the lead on this one. he quickly looks at Logan.

"I'm here to talk to you actually If that's okay."

"Sure," Logan says, "let's go in the kitchen and let these guys finish their conversation,".

The two leave the room and I feel instantly nervous. I really hope it goes well.

"Anyway," Hermione continues, "come sit, she says.

We sit down beside Harry on the couch and Ron takes the chair beside us.

"Pansy followed Harry," She says.

"What!," I say, "Did she see...you?" I ask.

"I don't know," Harry says, "from what I could tell, I hadn't changed too much,".

"So, what happened?" I ask.

"I got to Diagon Alley fine," He says, "I wasn't sure how much longer I had so I went to The Leaky Cauldron,"

"Okay," I say.

"You're bloody lucky you got away," Ron says.

"You're both lucky," Hermione jumps in, "This entire plan was completely reckless,"

"How were we suppose to know she would follow Harry?" Ron says.

"How did you get away from her?" I ask.

"Hagrid," Harry says, "he didn't believe it was me at first but I told him, you know, his friend," Harry says.

Ron cringes at the thought and I realize quickly he means Hagrid's spider. I still don't understand how that thing is still around. It is really ugly so I understand Ron's fear.