Chapter 11: Take A Break

"So will you come?" I ask

"I don't know Elena, I don't think mom will be comfortable," Logan says

He puts his coffee down on the kitchen table and moves his chair closer to me.

"I know that you love him and that's okay with me, but don't think I'm going to be okay with his family." He says.

"I understand", I say.

"I'll come and support you if I can bring a plus one", He says.

"Who were you thinking you would bring?" I ask.

"Do you remember my old friend Alison?" He asks.

"Yeah, kinda," I say

"She's coming here for a while so if I go, she'll have to come," He says.

"Are you guys like, together?" I ask.

"No, just friends", He laughs.

"Mhmm" I say standing up.

I grab my plate as I stand up and place it in the sink. Mom already used a spell to make the scrub brush clean the salad bowl that she used for lunch.

"I'll talk to mom about it, it would look good for her and the school if she went." He says.

"I guess," I say.

"Ok, I'll let you know," He says.

I leave the kitchen and head upstairs. I walk down the hall to my room and walk in. Dime is sitting in his cage peacefully and I walk over to him. I open the cage and let him out.

"Hey, buddy," I say stroking his head.

He crooks his head towards me as if to say he likes it.

"I'm gonna need you to send some letters today," I say.

I leave Dime and head to my desk to write letters to everyone. First Claire then Beth and Maddy. Then Alex, Blaise, and Olly. All the letters are the same idea of "I miss you, can't wait to see you, how's your holiday been". I write them all in about an hour and lay them out for Dime to take. He can usually take three at a time so I send the girls' letters first.

He flies away and I sit on my bed. I fiddle with my necklace and think about Draco. This is crazy, we're getting married. I don't think it's hit me yet that I'm getting married.

"Hey, Elena?" Harry says outside my door.

"Yeah," I say.

"Can I talk to you?" He asks opening the door.

"Yeah, what's up?" I ask.

He walks in with Hermione behind him.

"So did you talk to Malfoy?" He asks.

"Yeah, we went to see Dumbledore and he said Draco isn't allowed back at Hogwarts," I say.

"Really?" Harry asks.

"Yeah, he might be able to finish this year but not next year," I say.

"Well, maybe it won't be that bad," He says.

"Yeah, I'll live," I say,

"So, when were you going to tell us about you two?" Hermione asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You're getting married." She says sitting beside me.

"Oh, yeah, I'm sorry I forgot to tell you," I say.

"Elena, this is amazing," she says.

"Or crazy" Harry says.

"I know a lot has been going on, We have the Malfoy ball, I just got engaged, Hogwarts is still closed, it's just a lot," I say