I've Forgotten You (TFP AU)

By Arya_Skye

Years ago... The old tired doctor watched the last of the members leave through the glowing bright groundbri... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Three

979 43 15
By Arya_Skye

Ratchet looked over the list and sighed softly. He would check Jack last, knowing he needed rest. He then frowned, wondering if Skye even knew. He glanced out the windows as he looked at the apartments not far as he walked. He stared before going into the patients rooms, checking on each.

Throughout the day he checked on people and managed to help a few. He then went to one room where a young man sat in a chair, waiting for a check up. He had one leg and his other was missing from the knee down. He looked sick and a young boy sat in his lap as he clung to him. 

Ratchet walked over to them and frowned a bit. "Hello, my name is Doctor Darby. I'm here to give you a check up, alright?" He asked gently as he set the clipboard to the side. 

The young man looked at him tiredly then nodded a little. "Alright..." he rasped weakly. The boy watched the doctor then hugged the man tightly as he whimpered.

Ratchet frowned as he looked at them. He slowly knelt down. "Hi young one. I need you to let go of him so I can check on him. Can you do that for me?" He asked, his voice gentle and kind as he looked at the young boy.

The boy shook his head as he watched him then buried his face again. "Hey... Elliott please... he won't hurt you... you can sit on the chair and watch him." He whispered quietly.

Ratchet frowned deeply. "I'll only be a moment. I promise." He said gently, trying to persuade the boy. "You want him to get better don't you?" 

He nodded as he kept his face buried and he tightened his grip. He was shaking with fear and the young man whispered quietly. He talked to him for a moment then the boy calmed. He slowly let go and sat on the chair by him. Ratchet watched with silence. He then took the stethoscope off his neck and placed it in his ears. He gripped the bell and set the diaphragm against his chest.

"Take in a deep breath for me." He muttered, frowning as he glanced at the boy, recognizing this was Robin's younger brother and the young man was presumably her older brother. 

Elliott watched him intently as his brother inhaled shakily and exhaled again. He wheezed weakly and coughed a little.

Ratchet frowned and repositioned the diaphragm. "Again." He mumured as he listened to his lungs and heartbeat. The older brother did and winced as he breathed in and out. He coughed painfully and shook his head. Elliott watched him and whimpered quietly. 

Ratchet frowned and took off the stethoscope. "Did anyone here diagnose you with anything? Did you have anything in the past?" He asked, staring at the young man with concern.

"No... other than my wound..." he whispered quietly and looked at his leg. Elliott glanced at the bandages of his slowly healing injury. 

Ratchet nodded a bit and began standing. "Are you having any other troubles other than coughing? Is your throat sore or itchy? Are you nauseous?"

"Sort of nauseous... fever... tired... that's about all." He whispered quietly and looked at him. Elliott watched the doctor then looked at the bandages and pointed.

Ratchet glanced at the boy and furrowed his eyebrows. He looked to the bandages and he began putting on gloves before gently unwrapping it to take a look. "You could have the flu." He said quietly.

The older brother nodded slowly as he looked at him and rubbed his face. He was tired and needed rest. Elliott watched the doctor for a while then glanced at his brother. Ratchet finished and saw his wound was infected and it was bad. Ratchet frowned deeply at it, seeing the puffiness of the wound. He went over to the cabniets and grabbed cotton balls and some alcohol.

"This may sting." He muttered as he walked back to him and sat by his chair, pouring the liquid onto the cotton ball. He gently began dabbing it on his wound. "When was the last time these bandages were replaced?" 

He tensed and grit his teeth as his body shook but he tried to hold still. He yelled through gritted teeth as tears fell down his face. Elliott whimpered quietly and tugged on the doctor to stop as he sobbed silently. He didn't want him to hurt his brother. "A... about... a week..." he panted heavily. 

Ratchet hurried to clean up the wound and took the bloody bandages and threw them away. He grumbled to himself about the staff. "Who was your doctor?" He asked as he grabbed new gauze and bandages. He walked back to him and placed the gauze over the wound and began wrapping his wound with the bandages.

Elliott let go and tugged at his sleeve on occasion. Worried he was hurting his brother. His tiny hands gripping the lab coat as he sobbed silently. Trying to make as little noise as possible. "I... I don't know... give me... a moment..." he rasped and glanced at the boy. "It's okay..." he whispered quietly 

Ratchet nodded and finished wrapping it. He looked down to the boy as he took off his gloves. "I'm done, Elliott. Its alright." He assured as he began standing to throw them away. He tossed them in the trash and began washing his hands. "Alright, I'll come in here later to check on you. Just rest for now."

He nodded tiredly and climbed into the bed. He sighed shakily as he dozed off. Elliott looked at the man then climbed on the bed and hugged his brother as he slept. Ratchet smiled sadly before he grabbed his clipboard and left. He rubbed his face and began going to Jack's room, his chest feeling heavy as he opened the door.

Jack was still sleeping and he could tell he was struggling to survive. His report said he hadn't woken up since he came here.

Ratchet sighed softly, walking to the bed and sitting next to it. He took his hand with his, frowning deeply as his eyes squeezed shut. The young man didn't respond as he lay there and the doctor wondered if Skye knew her father was alive. She had said he died, and yet here he was. It made him wonder if anyone else in his family was alive. The doctor sighed softly and kissed his sons hand before he stood, making his way back to the apartment after whispering a promise to see him tomorrow. 

Later that night he heard about the train coming back with only a few people. Skye went to the apartment and sighed shakily as she took her mask off. "Hello Grandad..." she whispered.

Ratchet looked over as he stirred chicken noodle soup. He frowned and walked over after setting down the spoon. "I'm glad you're alright." He spoke in relied.

"Thanks Grandad." She whispered quietly and looked at him. She made sure to go clean up then walked over to help. She hugged him tightly and stared blankly at the wall. 

Ratchet frowned seeing her gaze. "Are you alright, Skye?" He asked worriedly as he hugged her gently.

"Hm? Oh yes... I am... sorry." She whispered quietly and moved away then helped with dinner.

Ratchet watched her quietly and began grabbing plates, sighing softly. "Skye, I have something to tell you." He said quietly as he began setting the table, his back to her.

She looked at him and furrowed her brow as she set things down. "Is everything alright?" She asked.

Ratchet stared at the fork as he positioned it right on a napkin. "I began helping at the hospital today." He muttered and took in a breath as he began to look at her. "I saw Jack. He's there." He heard something break and whipped around as she stared at him, tears fell down her face. A broken glass on the floor at her feet.

"Grandad... he... he's dead... remember?" She whispered quietly.

Ratchet shook his head, walking to her carefully, mindful of the glass. He gently took her face in her hands, rubbing away her tears. "No. He's not." He whispered with hope in his voice. "He's in the hospital. He's not responsive right now but he's alive."

She shook her head as she hugged him tightly and buried her face in his shoulder. "No... I saw him... die..." she choked.

He held her close, shushing her gently as he stroked her hair. "Easy.." he mumured, frowning deeply. "We can visit him if you want."

She looked at him with tears in her eyes then nodded quickly. "Please..." she whispered.

Ratchet nodded and took her hand and took her to the hospital quickly. He brought her to Jack's room, bringing her in quietly. 

She looked at him then at the man in the bed and her eyes widened in surprise. "Dad..." she whispered quietly and walked over then sat by him. She choked back a sob and took his hand. "He's alive." She choked and looked at the old man as she smiled brightly.

Ratchet smiled sadly and nodded, walking over to sit down as well. He glanced at his vitals before looking back to his son, smiling more as he fiddled with his ring. "Hopefully we can find more of our family."

"Do you think we can?" She asked as she looked at him. "Dad... got stepped on... a year ago... I guess they didn't put together that he was my dad... mom disappeared shortly before that... dad was looking for her..." she whispered quietly. "They only told me that he died and..." she trailed off and looked down.

Ratchet took her hand in his, frowning. "Everyone is stressed here, it's easy to make mistakes when you're stressed. Were going to find your mother soon." He mumured. 

"Do you really think she's alive?" She asked as she looked at him then over to her father. She gripped his hand then gently kissed it.

Ratchet nodded, leaning back in his seat a bit. "Yes." He spoke gently, his eyes staring down at the floor. He looked to the hallway as he heard crying, frowning deeply. 

"What..." she whispered quietly and looked off to the hallway. She furrowed her brow and wiped her tears away. 

Ratchet stood and began leaving the room. A young girl was sobbing outside one of the rooms, whimpering. A man on a gurney was getting ushered out of the room, plastic over his body.

Skye followed him and furrowed her brow with concern. What had happened?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

527K 8.1K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1M 25.2K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...
134K 4.7K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
1.3M 56.3K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC