Her Darkness, His Light (Book...

By SJSebastian

"Come here" he said motioning for me to step closer. I knew that I had to obey his every word. It was just th... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Part 1)
Chapter 19 (Part 2)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1)
Chapter 23 (Part 2)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Part 1)
Chapter 30 (Part 2)
Chapter 30 (Part 3)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter (Just for You💖)
Book 2

Chapter 39

106K 3.9K 1.4K
By SJSebastian

HEYYY lovelies. Sorry for the long wait but here's another chapter. Long chapter.

That's all for now. Have a wonderful day ahead. Love you guys. God bless you always.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

############################

Tonya's POV

"Did you guys hear?" India suddenly spoke up. It was already half passed nine. We were all in our room, resting after a long days work.

"About what?" I questioned. She looked excited and it was weird.

"About Eve talking?" Beth asked from her lying position. She was sprawled out on the bed with really messy, hair.

"We already know that India," I chuckled at her. She was so excited to give us the news. India however, just rolled her eyes. "Not that!"

"Then what? Don't tell me those bitches escaped from their cells!!" Beth suddenly sat up. She looked horrific with that hair of hers.

"Eerggh, no of course not. I bet the Dark Prince is currently torturing the living daylights out of them. What I meant to say was actually regarding Alex and Eve."

Me and Beth looked at each other, clueless about whatever India was trying to say.

"Ooooooooohh, this means you guys don't know," she gushed and pressed her palms on her cheeks.

"Tell us already! I wanna sleep." Beth threw her pillow at India.

"They are......." the pillow flew towards Beth but unlike India, she caught it before it smacked her face. She stuck her tongue out at India.

"They are actually......."

Now I was getting annoyed.

"Girl I swear if you leave us waiting again, I will..."

"Okay, okay. They are.......dun dun dunnnnnnn........actually......dun dun dunnnnnnn......biological siblings aaaaandd they didn't know that aaaaanndd that's not even the biggest part!" She ended with a wide smile. I just started at her. I didn't move or talk. I just couldn't. We froze.

Was this girl lying? She better not be playin' with me right now.

That's when a flash of white flew pass me again.

The pillow hit India on the face. Again.

"Is this some kind of joke?" Beth asked. "How come they never told anyone?"

The pillow came flying back and Beth caught it again, smirking at India.

"They apparently never knew. I haven't even told you guys the best part yet. They're not only biologically related, Alex and Eve are actually twins.

WAIT!!!!!"

She stopped us before we both let out multiple strings of words. Our mental vocabulary was flooding our brains at the moment. Too bad she didn't allow us to talk.

"Okay now. For the best best part," she whispered softly as possible.

"They're not only twins. Alex and Eve aren't even human! They're the lost twins of Golden Haven." She finished and looked at us expectantly. Her face held so much joy and excitement.

She received another smack from Beth's pillow. This time India did not throw it back. Instead she lunged herself towards Beth and they both fell on the bed.

"You've got to be-" Beth started but she was cut off.

"Nope! I am not! And it's my turn." India reached for my pillow and started hitting Beth's head with it.

"Stop it you bloated, fat hyena!!!" Beth screeched.

"That doesn't even make any sense." India frowned before continuing her assault. Since it didn't seem like she was going to stop any time soon I got up and tried to separate them by pulling India off.

That's when the door opened.

We all stilled.

"Look, ladies. Now I'm not even sure if I should call you that anymore but here's the thing. I'm tired as hell. It was a long day with the spoilt brat. I'm going to sleep so be QUIET," Kyle said taking slow steps towards the bathroom. He looked worn out.

I wonder what Prince Timothy made him do this time.

As India's attention was diverted, Beth pushed her off.

"How do you know all this?!"

"I heard it.....from the Queen herself."

"Why would the Queen tell you all this?" It was my turn to ask. We didn't realize that Kyle had stopped to listen and he was sitting on the edge of his bed.

"Well, she didn't tell me directly. They were actually having dinner. The Queen, the Dark Prince, Alex and Eve. Queen Charlotte brought them together to announce the big news. I was one of the servants helping around."

"They would have wanted to keep this a secret. Why say it in front of you servants so fast?" I asked.

"They were so wrapped up in their conversation that they didn't realize. Anyway, Ms.Odelle called me to help. She needed another servant at the last moment. Plus, I don't think the Queen would mind if I knew. I shared my doubts about Eve to her once. The weird thing was none of the other servants took any interest in the conversation."

"Whatever. You heard the Queen say that Alex and Eve are blood related and that they're actually twins and they are the lost twins? You heard her say that they're actually royal fae creatures? You heard all this come out of the Queen's mouth?" Beth asked staring India down. Me and Kyle were also looking at her expectantly.

"Yes!!" she said exasperated. "I always suspected Eve wasn't human. She always had this connection with flowers and nature. We all know that. The flowers in the Prince's room would always wilt or remain fresh all according to what Eve feels. Now, well now it's confirmed. What surprised me is that Alex is also fae!"

"Yes, that's unexpected. He's so.....normal. Are you sure about him being fae?" Beth asked thinking hard for a while. We couldn't believe this. It was something out of the ordinary.

How??

"You don't have to think about any hidden clues about him Beth, he never knew anything about himself." India looked up at Beth to see her staring at something behind her.

"He's behind me, isn't he?"

"Yeap," Beth said uncomfortably.

Kyle immediately got up from the bed and walked towards Alex. When he was close enough, he began to inspect him like a doctor.

"What are you doing Kyle? I've been through enough crap for today?" Alex grumbled pushing Kyle away.

"Ssshhh," Kyle scolded and continued his inspection. He walked around Alex about five times, then he started poking him all over.

"Stop that!!"

"No!!"

He continued probing and poking him then he started to sniff Alex. That's when I threw my pillow at Kyle.

"Ouch!  I was just looking for something!"

"Like what?!" Alex scolded.

"I don't know!! Something that says fae?"

"Leave me alone for a while!!  At least let me shower in peace."

"I'll continue my inspection once you come out of the bathroom," Kyle said.

We all looked at him in disbelief. He was going to get into serious trouble one of these days.

~~~~~

After Alex got out of the bathroom, we all sat in silence. One waiting for the other to talk but then no one said anything.

Finally it was Alex who spoke first.

"Whatever you've all heard is true. I'm still trying to come into term with everything."

"So you're not human."

"Turns out I'm not Kyle."

"Great! India's a witch, you're fae. Wait till Bessie turns out to be half horse, half human!" Kyle threw his hands up in the air.

"I'm not a bloody centaur!! Why would you even come up with something like that?! Do I look like a horse?!" she yelled. India and I giggled at her expression. This time Alex was also looking at Beth with a smile. His eyes were filled with some unknown emotion as he gazed upon Beth.

"So what are you going to do now?" I asked him.

"Nothing actually. I'm just waiting for Eve to recover. That's all that matters now."

"And when she does?" He let out a sigh and laid down on his bed. He just stared up at the ceiling. I knew he didn't know where to start. He was so worked up.

"Hey, one step at a time Alex." Beth said softly.

"She's right we'll get through this together," India added looking at him. "We feel you Alex. This is shocking to us as well."

"The Queen told me not to take too much time."

"For?"

"She told me not to take too much time in accepting who I am and that we would need to inform the King and Queen soon,  Beth."

"Who? How soon?" I mumbled.

"Queen Aurora and King Sindrion Celeste. Maybe two weeks."

"What?!! That's fast!" I blurted. First off, this was all a little too much to handle and second Eve is not even fully recovered. We can't just drop another bomb on her.

"Why do you think I'm breaking apart? I wish I could just grab Evie and run away from all this."

"Can't do that now," India advised. "I know it's weighing you down but like Beth said. One thing at a time. At least try to get Eve to talk more and then maybe you know......you can go about telling her."

"Yeah," he muttered.

"Alex, you look exhausted. Why don't you put this behind you for now and go to sleep? You need it. We can talk more about this tomorrow."

"Alright," just before Beth turned away he caught her wrist. She turned to him looking genuinely concerned. "Beth, thank you. Thanks for always being here for me," he said sincerely. Then he looked at all of us.

"Thank you. All of you. I don't know what I'd do without you guys."

"You don't have to thank us Alex. This is what families do," I lightly scolded him. Just then I heard soft snores.

I guess everyone heard it so we looked around and saw that Kyle was already in a deep sleep, snoring away.

"This is such important news. A big news and he fell asleep?! Like seriously??" Beth asked in wonder.

"That's Kyle for you." I chuckled. India then went over to his bed and covered him with his blanket.

"Why does he smell so bad?" she asked all of a sudden.

"He didn't shower." Alex answered her.

~~~~~~

One week later

Prince Phoenix POV

"How long do you plan on keeping them alive Phoenix?! Enough is enough. I've already had Lord Marcus punished and you have already tortured the others as you saw fit. You even had the genitals of those rapists removed!!!" the Queen said impatiently.

No amount of torture will ever be enough for those creatures.

"I will execute them when my girl is ready to watch it." I said authoritatively. This argument was so unnecessary at the moment.

"Why would you want her to watch that? She has experienced enough violence. You do know that you're going to be killing her sister right?"

"She needs to understand that no one will get away with hurting her. No one. She needs to understand what would happen if anyone tries to harm her and do not call that pathetic human her sister!"

The Queen let out a heavy breath giving up on her persuasion. Nothing is going to change my mind and my mother knew that.

We ended our conversation there.

I immediately went to the gardens and saw my Little Flower sitting on a bench near the fountain. She was listening to Alexander talk. She would occasionally look at him and give a small reaction. At rare times she would answer his question but it was always a yes or a no. Most of the time,  just a shrug. They were little things but that was enough for me.

She was finally able to walk a little. She would wobble at first and then limp but her legs were slowly getting better after some physical therapy. I called in one of the doctors who helped save her life. Dr.Mirian. She cared a lot about my Little Flower and treated her with much warmth and attentiveness.

She will be able to walk on her own in a few days. Her bruises and all the deep wounds were healing but I knew the scars will not disappear completely. They will remain and she would have to live with them. Not only the visible scars on her body but the internal scars as well. Everyday, I could only hope she would be able to come out of the trauma.

I walked closer to the pair. Alexander turned around and acknowledged me by standing and giving me a bow. I nodded at him and looked towards her. She was glowing under the Sun. She always had me mesmerized and she doesn't even know it.

"I'll go now," Alexander cleared his throat, kissed her cheek and said goodbye to her.

I wonder how he feels about me and his sister. Well, there's nothing he could do anyways so that's that. Honestly, knowing that he was biologically related to her was the best thing that's ever happened recently. I smiled to myself and pushed the thought behind me.

I sat beside my precious Little Flower. She turned towards me but kept her eyes below my face. Just then I realized that she never once looked me in the eye. Except for that one time where I let my emotions take over and forced her to look into my black orbs. That was the first and last time. She never once looked up herself. Many of the other servants had at least done it by accident but not her.

I caressed her cheek with the back of my hand. She flinched but I didn't pull away. I wanted her to get used to me as I was never going to let her go. Ever. I almost lost her once and that won't happen again.

"Have you eaten your breakfast?" her blank face gave nothing away. After a while she nodded.

"No, I want to hear you say it." I told her holding her chin so that she would face towards me.

She did nothing but blink a couple of times. I still waited but we were only surrounded by the many different tunes of nature. After a while, I dropped my hand. "I will not force you to talk but it will be good if you used your words, Little Flower. I would never hurt you for talking. I would never hurt you at all and I know I cannot simply say I'm sorry for things I had done to you before I left for the war. I don't deserve your forgiveness yet but I will make it up to you. I will do whatever it takes to earn your trust and hopefully your affection. I give you my word. I also miss your sweet voice," I said looking at her. Her lips parted slightly but she still remained quiet.

At least she was listening.

A few more days passed with her gradually healing. Bit by bit. Alexander had been throwing hints at her about who they actually were. It wasn't working very well and I wouldn't blame my girl.

She was clueless.

Which is why I ordered him to be completely honest with her and to tell her every single detail. By the end of the day.

~~~~~~~

Third Person's POV

"Stop walking around like a lunatic!" Kyle growled out at Alex. "Just tell her what you know."

"What if she freaks out?! What if she can't handle it and runs away?!!"

"Um, she's not you?" Kyle said deadpanned. Alex glared at him but said nothing. He was right. Eve is a strong person. The strongest person he knew.

"I'm just worried about her reaction when I tell her. What if it has a negative effect on her?"

"It won't and she needs to know this. Someone will tell her sooner or later and we prefer that someone to be you."

Alex groaned. "Wish me luck," he muttered and left the room.

The closer he walked towards the Dark Prince's chambers, the more fear and anxiety crept into his bones.

Please let everything be alright. He prayed.

He went in without knocking. She was sitting on a chair at the oval table. She was already informed that Alex would come by to speak to her.

"Hey, Evie." She turned around and looked at him with wide eyes. She wondered what the big news was.

Alex slowly took his seat which was adjacent to hers.

"How are you today?" she looked into his eyes and after a few seconds, nodded.

Alex looked at her then he looked at the table. Then his eyes went up to the ceiling and then to the wall. They both knew he had no clue as to where to begin. Eve slowly reached out and held his hand. His eyes snapped to her. She replied by tilting her head slightly. Alex just groaned. "This is going to sound crazy," he muttered. He held her small hand with both of his.

"Remember the conversation we had with Queen Charlotte?" Eve thought about that scary night. She could only nod.

"I think by now you know that we are not only siblings. We are actually twins, Evie. I am seventeen. The Queen managed to proof everything to me. Remember how we both don't have our memories before the age of seven?" Eve looked at her brother fearfully. She dreaded whatever he was going to say next. She was already beyond shocked that Alex was the same age as her causing her heartbeat spike up a little.

"The whole story, about me finding you in the woods near the stream, how my parents were normal human beings and the story of how they were taken away by vampires and never to be seen again. Those were not real memories Eve." He paused to look at her. His sister's face looked pale.

She stared at him, a part of her waited for him to laugh and tell her it's all a joke. Like he would usually do.

The other part of her which was deep down, knew his words were somewhat sincere. Something deep within her insisted that her Alex was speaking the truth. Maybe because she too had her doubts about herself. Especially after they were taken to serve for the Royal Pure Bloods.

Moreover, if Alex said they were actually twins, she could already guess where he was going with this. So this was the big news. Eve wondered why Ms.Odelle and the Dark Prince were extra gentle with her that day. Now, it seemed like they wanted to make sure she was in her best state to hear this.

It didn't work. Her hands were already trembling and not to mention sweaty.

Alex took both her hands in his and kissed them.

One look at her and he knew she already realized what he wanted to say.

"You always had this connection with nature. You loved the forest where we used to go. You said you felt connected to nature more than humans and I made fun of you," he cupped her cheeks and brought his face closer to her.

"Eve we're not human." He whispered softly to her.

Her breaths came out heavy and uneven. Eve closed her eyes and tried to control her breathing.

We're not human.

It kept repeating in her head. She thought she could handle it but hearing the words come out of his mouth made it much harder to digest. How could they not be the very being they always thought they were?

"N..n...no."

She managed to let the word out.

"Yes, Eve. We're not human. We both have fae blood in us. The Queen is convinced that we're the missing twins-"

Eve began to frantically shake her head. She couldn't accept it. There was no way, she thought. Her eyes began to tear up. Everything was becoming too stressful. Alex was trying to calm her down but his voice sounded far away.

"Eve!" The boy began to get worried as his sister's breathing wasn't normal. There were beads of sweat covering her forehead.

"Eve, I need you to breathe, please!" the pain in her chest only shot up, causing her to bend over.

Just then, she felt two strong arms around her waist. She was being lifted up. She thought it was Alex but he was still seated on the chair looking at her worriedly.

The Dark Prince sat her on the edge of the bed and knelt before her. He gently placed his hand on her chest and closed his eyes, willing her to calm down.

Gradually, her heartbeat slowed down. Thoroughly exhausted, she fell forward. Prince Phoenix took her in his arms and hugged her as she was still shaking slightly. "It's alright Little Flower. Everything will be alright. We are all with you."

After a few moments Eve pulled away and hugged herself. She looked at Alex. He was standing beside her now.

"Did you leave out anything?" the Prince asked Alex, not taking his eyes off of her. Alexander came closer to his sister.

"India told me that you not only have a connection with nature but something more. The flowers...." Eve's eyes immediately shot towards the vase on the table. The white rose looked back at her.

"She said you somehow have a certain effect or power over them. That's why they change at times," this made her heart beat faster. Again.

Is this why she always had the need to talk to them? So she wasn't as crazy as she thought she was? Eve always knew she had a strong bond with the roses but she never voiced it out. What would people think if they knew she actually spoke to flowers?? Whenever she spoke to them, it wasn't an odd thing to her. She always thought she was being her usual weird self. She also assumed that that was what loneliness did to a person. She never once thought she was actually bonded to nature.

Why would she think that way?  She was human! In her mind body and soul.

Now they were telling her that she was a fae creature. Certain things in her life would make more sense now but her head was beginning to spin.

Everything was turning out to be the opposite of what she always believed in.

"You are born with a gift, Evie. We just don't know what it is exactly and the extent of it," Alex added carefully.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she began to get more and more anxious. She looked towards the rose.

The Dark Prince followed her gaze and so did Alex. They all witnessed the rose slowly bend downwards and turn into an unhealthy yellow.

The Dark Prince didn't want to cause her anymore distress so he held the sides of her head and made her go to sleep.

"What the hell did you do?!!" Alex yelled.

"Same thing I did to calm her down. I just made her go into a deep slumber. She has heard enough for one night." The Prince laid her down on the bed and tucked her in.

"You can make people sleep?!! How do I know if she's fine?!!"

"Stop. Shouting. Never forget who you're talking to." The Prince warned. "Anyway, it's more than that. I made her mind to relax. Completely. Then I willed her to simply rest."

"Will she be okay?"

"Of course!! I didn't hurt her."

"Not because of this. Will she be okay after all that I've said."

"She may need a day or two for it to sink in but yes, she will be alright. We'll see," the Prince replied. He too did not know how she was going to be after this.

"She won't be alone in this. That's the most important thing. It will give her the strength she needs."

Alex looked at the Dark Prince who was keeping his eyes intently on Eve.

No one else got that look from Prince Phoenix Valentine and no one except Eve will ever get that. His eyes held so many deep emotions.

One in particular, stood out from the rest.

It almost made Alex feel a little better about the Prince's claim on his sister. He still didn't like it but maybe, just maybe he can learn to accept it.

After a while they both walked out of the room. "You will be meeting with the Queen soon, Alexander. The time has not been fixed but it will be soon."

"W..what for Your Highness?" Alex asked with caution. He always forgot to address the Prince with his title during any conversation.

"My best guess is that she would want to know when you are ready to go to Golden Haven."

Alex's eyes widened. "This is happening too fast. How much time would she give me?"

"A few days," the Prince spoke seemingly unaffected. Although, on the inside he wanted more time for his Little Flower.

"I'll have to give an answer soon then."

"Yes and she would want to send you there as soon as possible."

Alex just stood there staring at the ground.

"Aren't you eager to meet your real parents?"

"What?! We never could have begin to imagine something as outrageous as this! We thought we were human remember? Why would I be eager to meet my so called 'parents', who are, apparently the King and Queen of the entire fae population when I thought there was never a possibility of us being in the same part of this world?! Now, suddenly I have to-" he looked up letting out a heavy breath. "You know what? I'm just gonna shut my mouth and pour this on someone else. This is just weird for me....Your Highness," Alex gave an awkward bow.

The Dark Prince just blinked at him a couple of times before stiffly nodding.

With that Alex left for his room in a rush.

############################

Share your 💭 💭 💭

LOVE YOU

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 7.3K 30
BOOK 3 "Dance with me Tallulah." His whisper slithered over my skin, tempting me to comply. I smirked as I brought forth my current, allowing it to c...
74.7K 3.6K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...
22.2K 1.3K 70
New world. Multiple mates, New family, New friends... and enemies, Kidnap, murder... And a crown she wasn't ready to wear or wield. ****************...
56.6K 1.8K 37
*Previously Take Flight* Eliana is running from her past, and it's chasing her with a vengeance. When her loved ones are murdered before her by a cru...