Loyal

By sugarhoneytea

Before I know it Colin has me over his shoulder. I fight as much as I can, banging my fist against his back... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Author's Note
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Author's Note
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 82

6.3K 170 17
By sugarhoneytea

Colin's POV

             As soon as the jet lands, my whole body tenses. We had been delayed for a little bit, bad weather. Every second in the air or waiting on the ground was like digging a dagger deeper and deeper into my chest. I grind my teeth, my jaw tightening.  Can't eat and can't sleep. A dull headache interrupts the steady clenching of my jaw. If there's fuckin reporters outside, I'll lose my fuckin head. I check my phone again, hoping for her name to flash across the screen. Nothing. Nothing. No texts or missed calls. As much as I hate to admit it, I know the media's words have gotten to Vera before mine have. I turn the volume up and drown myself in the music of my headphones. 

Vera's POV     

            When we pull up to SFO, I have to beg Leah not to walk me in. She parks in the loading zone outside of Southwest Airlines and we sit in silence for a little bit. I look over to her, her eyes bloodshot. We stayed up until it was time to take me, we watched movies, ate ice cream, and talked about everything-just like we did so many nights in college.

            "V, I want you to call me as soon as you land."

                        "I will."

            There's a tear that finds its way down Leah's cheek, and I wipe it away with a crooked finger.

            "I love you V."  

                        "I love you more. Let me know when you make your way up to Seattle."

            "Duh. I don't know what I'll do without you."

                        "Start partying again?" I laugh lightly before Leah grabs me into a hug.

            We hug for longer than I mean to, and I pull back, grabbing my single bag. Flight ticket in hand, I open the door and jump out. I close it before backing up onto the curb of the airport, blowing a kiss toward Leah. I've never been good at farewells, and I don't want to go into the airport red faced from crying. I turn to head into the double doors before turning back to catch a glimpse of Leah's car getting smaller down the ramp.

 Colin's POV

As soon as I get out of the jet, cameras start to flash. The PR team and some of my bodyguards surround me, providing shade from the glare of bright lights.      

            "Kaepernick! Kaepernick! Did you or did you not rape the female accusing you?" 

Lights flash and I pull up my hood, squeezing the wire from my headphones along the front of my shirt to keep myself calm.

"Kaepernick! Are you acting out because of the way your team is looking this year?" 

I shove past hands holding up cell phones with recording apps open from each side. The bodyguards who had been waiting for us at the terminal come forward, pushing them away. 

"Kaepernick!" I hear a familiar voice and stop to turn. 

"Is it true that you took advantage of a poor young adult who had absolutely no idea of her actions because she was under the influence of narcotics, and went on to rape her?" Melody's icy blue eyes pierce through me, even more so with her blonde hair pulled back. I can feel my upper lip sneer without meaning it. Man I want to kill this bitch. Why are there so many fuckin women trying to fuck me over? 

"Well?"

I bite my lip until I can taste blood to hold my tongue. I can feel someone push me from behind.

            "Keep it moving Kaep," Becca nudges me forward.

I turn away and we walk toward the black car waiting for me.

Vera's POV

            Flight 234 will be preparing for takeoff in fifteen minutes. Please make sure all carry on luggage is placed safely into specified areas.

I buckle my seatbelt and sit back in the seat. Thank God I'm next to the window. I lift the cover over the window open, and lean back to close my eyes.

"Hey! Hey! It's Kaep! It's Kaep!" 

I feel my chest tighten at the sound of his name, the way it always does. 

"He's right there! He came out of that jet!"

There's a bunch of clicks from all over the plane as people unbuckle themselves and jump from their seats, scrambling toward my side of the plane to get a look out the small airplane windows. I feel my face flush. Don't look Vera. Don't look. Don't fucking look. 

"Ugh, he is fiiiiiner in person," one woman says, letting out a cat whistle. Against my will I feel my face turn toward the window to my left.  

There's a small swarm of news reporters hovering towards a black car several feet away from the jet. I can see Becca, her arm tightly clasped around Colin's, as she pushes reporters away with her other free one. The PR team surrounds him as well, along with several body guards. Colin, their crown jewel, whom they have to protect at all times. I watch him. He pulls his hood down, but it doesn't go as low as he wants it to. He looks up, his eyes bright. A bright deep brown, almost amber. Even in the midst of this damn scandal, all of the drama, he's handsome...beautiful... His tongue breaks from his lips, sweeping over them in confidence. He holds his head up high, his tall frame dominating in a sweat suit. I feel my heart beat quicken, the way it always does around him. Those damn butterflies moving around inside my stomach, threatening to break out. I wipe my hands over my knees because my palms are sweating out of control. 

The voice over the loud speaker comes on again.

Everyone we do realize there is a certain commotion occurring on the side of the plane, but we do ask that you all please take your seats and buckle your seatbelts. We are preparing for takeoff.

I bite my lip as I watch Colin hastily get into the black car, and close the door behind him. I sit back in my seat and close my eyes tightly, but not tight enough to keep hot wet tears from running over.

Colin's POV 

FLASHBACK

            "I mean, there's nothing wrong with dating around, Colin. I think it's actually encouraged. You're the star on the team; a lot of your young female fans love to see that you're not in a committed relationship. It's good for business."

                        "But?"

            I'm sitting in Becca's office, swiveling back and forth in an office chair across from her. She lets out a long sigh.

            "I just, I genuinely care about you Colin. You are fairly new to this team, you're a young leader, and I don't want to see you getting hurt."

                        "Is this coming from someone who dates men twenty years younger than her?"

            Becca blushes slightly. I bite my lip, it was a low blow. But I don't need anyone fuckin up my high. I've been a solid player on the team for two years now, I don't need this extra babysitting bullshit.

            "Anyway, Colin. I know from personal experience that sleeping around is only temporary pleasure. You have all of these women, you get them drunk, sleep with them, and they're gone the next day."

                        "I'm missing your point."

            "Something's gotta give. You feel like you're playing these girls, but really you're playing yourself. You're giving yourself away just as much as they are."

            I run a hand over my head before looking Becca square in the face. She's being sincere. She's acting motherly. 

                        "Look, Becca, women are better than me being on drugs like I was. Sex is better than getting high right? This is a win win. I get what I need, and it ain't getting anyone in trouble."

            I spin in the chair once more.

            "What's going to happen when you actually meet someone you genuinely care about?"

            I scoff.

                        "Meet someone I actually care about?"

            "Yes, Colin, believe it or not, sometime in the future you may meet someone that you genuinely care about. Someone you might even want to settle down with."

            I feel something rattle inside of me at those damn words. Settle down with. My mind goes back to the kids I love working with at the community center, the families I see. For a few moments I think about having my own family....

But nah. No, not me. Not Colin Kaepernick. 

                        "Not for me."

            "Not for you?"

                        "Nah, it'll be a cold day in hell before I find someone who makes me want to settle down." 

***************HEY EVERYONE **************************

Just want to thank you all for reading! I'm excited at where this book has gone so far, and I am excited to keep writing. I love all of your comments and all of the people getting into the story! I love yall so much xoxoxoxo <3 <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 1.2K 55
"I love you Kao, sooo much that you are an addiction for me and i can't live with out you, So, I have decided to live with insecurity over living awa...
Snatched By Maggs

Short Story

44.2K 1.6K 15
I'm not usually the type to make a rash decision. I'm the one that usually sits back and laughs my head off at the stupidity of today's generation...
5.1K 112 87
"Looks like opposites attract huh?" "What do you mean?" He chuckled,taking a swig of beer."I mean that I'm more of a country guy and you're a rock n...
697K 28.1K 63
Chance. I don't believe in it. Everything that happens in our life happens for a reason. I've always believed that. But, it's funny. Wh...