Love Remembers

By jkh01234

Georgia is a seventeen year old country girl who lives on a farm in Ohio with her boyfriend Jake. One day whe... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chaper 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue
New book!!!

Chapter 19

315 5 0
By jkh01234

Love Remembers

Chapter 19

*****Letty’s POV*****

                I hated lying; I really did, especially to my best friend. It sucked canal water like a mother trucker. I had to lie to Georgia about that stupid picture of her, when the truth was I really did know who it was with her as she danced away in the bed of that truck.

                I just sighed and hopped up off my bed and went over to my closet and started picking out two different outfits, one was for me while the other was for Georgia.

                I saw the shirt I was looking for as my eyes skimmed over it, my favorite button down orange plaid shirt. Now time to find bottoms, It was the middle of July so it was hot out at night still, so chose a cute pair of cutoffs and grabbed a tank top to go under my button down. Then to finish off my look I grabbed my pair of Justin boots and sat them next to the outfit I would wear.

                Now for Georgia, she’s a blonde so I think purple and blue would really look cute on her. Usually those two colors bring out the color of her hair, either way I wanted her to look her best for tonight. So I grabbed a pair of cutoffs for her also and a teal, purple, and white button down with a white tank top to go underneath. Her boots would be fine because they were brown.

                After I finished getting dressed I brushed my hair out and put it in a messy bun atop of my head, grabbed Georgia’s outfit and headed off towards her room. She seemed so weird earlier during dinner, as if she was hiding something and just waiting for her secret to be found out. She never acted like towards me, so it was quit odd for her to be like that now. Who knows though Letty, I thought to myself as I approached Georgia’s bedroom door. It might change tonight, maybe she’ll tell you. As soon as my fist went up to give the door a good ol’ knocking on it opened to reveal Georgia’s face.

“Hey, perfect timing!” She exclaimed and grabbed my upright arm and yanked me into the room, slamming the door behind her.

                “Ok then,” I said slowly as I glanced at the now shut door as Georgia went into the bathroom and came back out with her makeup bag.

                “Here, you already got your outfit on so I’ll do your makeup first.” 

                “Ok,” I told her as I closed my eyes and prepared for her to put the eye shadow on first.

                One thing I learned about Georgia is once she sees something cool done with makeup she HAS to know how to do it herself. It’s just the type of person she is, which is why she knows how to make the perfect Smokey eye which I would love to do, and from the feel of the different brushes I could tell that’s what she was doing.

                “You know, you have the prettiest eyes Letty, I swear I would love to have brown eyes instead of these ugly flat green ones.” Georgia told me as I opened my eyes and saw her as she twisted the eyeliner back in and put the lid on it.

                “Georgia, shut up. Your eyes are extremely pretty on their own. I mean that’s one of the reasons guys like you.” I scolded her as I stood up and turned around to grab her clothes from the bed.

                “Well every guy that you’re with compliments your eyes, have you not noticed?”

                “No, honestly I haven’t.” I replied, thinking back to when I talked to guys and my memory coming up blank. I just shrugged and turned around thrusting the pile of clothes in Georgia’s arms.

                “Well next time you talk to some guy you watch, I bet you they will compliment your eyes.”

                “How much do you wanna bet?” I asked her in all seriousness.

                “If they do you have to make me a sandwich, and I get to call you woman.” She replied staring me down.

                “Sounds good to me, but the same thing to you if I win.”

                “It’s a deal, let’s shake on it?” She asked sticking out her hand which I did in return and shook it.

                “Now go get changed so we can go,” I told her sitting down on her bed and bouncing on it slightly.”

                “Eye, eye captain!” With that and a salute she headed off into her bathroom to get changed.

                While she was changing and doing her makeup I walked over to the mirror located on the vanity we had placed in her room. I did look really good surprisingly. For once my eyes really did pop with the oranges on my shirt, as did my caramel colored hair. Usually whenever Georgia did my makeup she tried to make it seem like I was the drab one while she was all bright and pretty, and for once she made me bright and pretty myself.

                I took my IPod out of my pocket and snapped a quick picture. I’m going to post it on Facebook I decided and closed out of the camera app, and went to my Facebook one. As usual I only had a few notifications, just simple stuff like “Chris Baker likes your link,” or “Kelsey Wolf likes your photo”. I just ignored them all and went to post the photo adding a little description “Movie night with the best friend.”

                I took a second look at the photo after I posted it, and I really liked it a lot. It clearly showed the brightness of my eyes which was my goal. One good thing I learned in photography is the fact that if you take a picture at a certain angle depending on the way the light hit it would turn out amazing.

                I was finished up checking the newest posts when Georgia came out of the bathroom with her hair braided and wearing the outfit I picked out. Surprisingly she didn’t have as much makeup on as normal, what she did have on looked natural which was extremely pretty in my opinion. Somehow she always managed to pull any look off.

                “You ready to go?” I asked closing the app and shoving my IPod in my pocket after successfully locking it.

                “Yep, are you?” She replied giving me a once over as she grabbed her purse.

                “Mmhmm let me get my purse and I will be.” I said leaving the room to get my purse.

                “Ok, meet you in the car when you’re ready.” She called as started off out of the room and down the hallway to the front door.

                “Will do!” I called back to her.

                I went to my room to find my purse on the bed, but when I reached for it I noticed something was odd. I glanced around my room to look at thing, I took in the way the curtains were pulled to the side the way I always had them, The way my perfume bottles were aligned on my dresser, my shoes neatly aligned in my closet, and then I finally noticed it.  

                I noticed it as I was looking at the way my pictures were plastered creatively on my walls. Some were missing, and it just so happened to be the ones of Georgia. The very ones she was asking me about earlier. But she couldn’t have taken them, she was in the bedroom with me and I’ve been in my room basically the whole time. Then I went to her room and she was with me in there. It just didn’t make any sense.

                I just mentally shook the thought off as I snatched my purse up and started off out the door towards the car. But as I was on my way down the hallway I glanced in James’s room and stopped in my tracks.

                He seemed like he was depressed, the way he sat there on the edge of his bed looking at the ground. The bed caved a little under his weight because he was perched on the edge. He just sat there, he gaze traveling up and down from the floor to the wall and back.

                He never acted like this, it was odd. James was the type of person who was cheerful and happy most of the time. He’d always be joking around with you and snatching something out of your hands tossing it high above your head to aggravate you because he was tall. I swear everybody called him the jolly green giant.

                Honestly, it pained me to see him like this. It broke my heart into a gazillion pieces over and over again. He was my older brother, how could it not pain me to see him down like this? I would ask him what’s wrong but if I did he would snap at me, he had a temper on him that’s for sure but it barley ever came out.

                Maybe it was wrong of me not to ask what was wrong I thought as I continued down the hallway and out the front door. I would’ve said good bye to mom but at this time she’s out in the garden watering it because the sun was starting to go down. She always said it was one of the best times to water because if you water in the straight sunlight it could kill the plants, and if you watered at night you wouldn’t get all the plants. So therefore, she waters them at sundown.

                I broke free of my thoughts as I neared the truck and got in the driver’s side and started it up. I had to be cautious, after the wreck who knows how Georgia would act in the car yet. Yeah she wasn’t bad on the way here that much, but the drive to the movie theater is much longer. So I had to find a way to keep her calm and I didn’t exactly want to talk. After seeing James like that it kind of got to me too and it made me feel really crappy. So I just decided to turn on the radio and let some song come through the speakers.

“I don’t see you laugh,

You don’t call me back,

But you kiss me when you’re drunk

I don’t know your friends,

Don’t know where you’ve been

Why are you the one I want?

Don’t put your lips up to my mouth and tell me you can’t stay,

Don’t slip your hand under my shirt and tell me it’s ok,

Don’t say it doesn’t matter because it’s going to matter to me,

I can’t be alone with

You’ve got me out on the edge every time you call

And I know it would kill me if I fall

I can’t be alone with you”

                Suddenly Georgia reached over and changed the station to another song.

                “What was that for?” I asked kind of snapping a little.

                “I don’t like that song,” she replied softly. “I wanted to listen to something else.”

                “Ok, Go ahead and find something then.” I told her as my eyes went back to the road after glancing at her.

                “I will.” She told me as she began fiddling with the radio.

“Here, she told me and leaned back into the seat as an Eli Young Band song came on. I think it was called even if it breaks your heart or something like that. I only heard it a few times, but I could obviously tell Georgia knew it quite well. Her lips forming the words to the song as her voice mixed with the ones streaming through the speakers

She didn’t sing very often but when she did it’s because she had a somewhat reason too, or a connection with the song playing. Georgia had a good voice, she just didn’t showcase it like other girls our age with that kind of talent would.

“Some dreams stay with you forever,

Drag you around to bring you back to where you were,

Some dreams keep on getting better,

Got to keep believing if you want to know for sure”

She sang with the lyrics, you could tell she was pouring her heart out into them as she went along with the chorus after that. It was amazing, knowing your best friend was this good yet she wouldn’t even sing for anybody.

“Georgia,” I began when she was done singing. “Why don’t you let other people hear you sing?”

“I don’t like them too, I suck.” She replied instantly, it was her same answer she gave me every time the subject came up.

“Don’t even give me that answer, you say that all the time.”

“Well it’s the truth, what answer do you want?”

“I want the answer of why you really won’t do it.”

She hesitated to answer for a moment’s notice and when she did the answer that came out of her mouth shocked me.

“I don’t like to sing because of the fact that whenever I did around mom and dad they always tore me down saying things like ‘Georgia you suck’, or ‘Georgia you need to shut up before we make you’. They never seemed to care about me whether it was with school, boys, or anything. It never mattered to them, I never mattered to them.” She said her voice fading off quietly at the end.

I eased down on the breaks and pulled over on the side of the road.

“Why didn’t you ever tell me this?” I asked quietly, my hands gripping the wheel as I stared straight ahead out of the window.

“Letty please don’t be mad at me,” She begged. “I was scared to say anything; I didn’t even know how to bring it up!”

I just stayed quiet and didn’t answer her, I mean she thought I was mad at her for this? What the f***? How could I be mad at her? I was pissed with the fact that her family treated her that way, and in fact I completely understand why she didn’t want to say anything. Believe me it made more sense to me than what she thought it did that’s for sure.

“Letty, please say something?” She begged again,  this time quietly.

“How could you think I’d be mad at you over this?” I asked her.

“Well because I didn’t say anything to you about it up until now.”

“Believe me Georgia, I’m not mad at you I’m just pissed off at the fact that your family treated you like shit half the time.” I spat out, putting the truck back in drive and floored it.

“Letty, I’m sorry please slow down.”

Instantly I slowed down, just now remembering she got into a car accident from a driver acting the exact way I was now. I felt bad about snapping at her, but I didn’t apologize. I just drove the rest of the way to the movie theater and parked the truck in the closest open parking spot near the entrance and shut it off.

“Common,” I told her. “Let’s go see that movie.”

A/N:

Heyyy! Haha sorry for the late update but I’ve been sick this past week and haven’t felt up to writing. But I did itt!

Holy Schneikes! More than 100 reads more than what I asked for? Thank you ll soo much! That’s frikin amazing! Its like eyeliner to my eyes haha that saying failed. Epically xD I was going for something like its like music to my ears, but its more like to my eyes because I saw it, not heard it! Haha J either way Thank you!!!!!!

Questionn: So what do you all think of Letty in this chapter?

Teaser: Surprise at the movies ;)

Next Update: Can we get 1010 reads please??! ! J

Thank You so much for getting me this far! Please let’s keep it going! Don’t forget to vote, comment, rate, fan, basically do anything you can to keep this story up and rolling! J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 88 18
Kylie Jefferson a 17 year old girl who thinks she won't ever find love. When she finally finds someone who loves her there's a twist he lives 11 ho...
605 33 25
In Atlanta, Georgia a 17 year old girl had the best life she could ever ask for. But after She moved in with her abusive boyfriend she only had one c...
Begin Again By sam

Teen Fiction

292K 9.1K 29
Savannah Jacobs is a 17 year old girl who goes to school and does normal things. Well that's what everyone thinks. Four years ago she was in a coma f...
132 0 13
Within the span of a year, Noa Barret lost both her mother and her father. Desperate not to lose anyone else she cares about, Noa forbids creating st...