Dear diary: How do I heal his...

By itsbarbecue

A story about a girl who writes in her diary as she watches her crush being broken for the one he loves, whil... More

CAST.
o n e
Diary's Page: 1
t w o
Diary's Page: 2
Diary's Page: 3
f o u r
Diary's Page: 4
f i v e
Diary's Page: 5
s i x
Diary's Page: 6
s e v e n
Diary's Page: 7
e i g h t
Diary's Page: 8
n i n e
t e n
Diary's Page: 9
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
Diary's Page: 10
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
Diary's Page: 11
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
Diary's Page: 12
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
Diary's Page: 13
t w e n t y t w o
f i n a l c h a p t e r
e p i l o g u e

t h r e e

11.9K 603 2K
By itsbarbecue

"A party? Tonight?" I ask raising an eyebrow. Suri nods with a big smile on her face filled with excitement.

"That's right." She responds, plopping on my bed and looking at me expectantly.

I shake my head.

"I think the hell no."

 She sighs.

"Why not? Come on, y/n, you never go anywhere. I want you to go with us." She says, now looking at me with pleading eyes.

I look at her again, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Why would I go to that party with you guys? I'm not a fan of being a third wheel you know?"

She frowns.

"What a bad excuse you just gave." She rolls her eyes. "It's not like we're going to be making out in front of you and leave you all alone or something like that, and also, Soobin's going." She adds, with a smirk forming on her lips.

I laugh ironically.

"So what? He's going with his girlfriend, I don't see why would that make me change my mind." I shrug. "And I have to take care of my egg."

Suri stands up from my bed and walks towards me. She grabs my chin and make me look at her in the eyes, she lifts an eyebrow this time.

"It's an egg, it's not going anywhere. You just have to turn it once a day and nothing more. Don't come with such a lame excuse."

I roll my eyes, pulling out from her grip and standing up.

"Whatever. You didn't give me a good reason about why are you being so insistent with all the Soobin thing." I say, walking towards the kitchen, with her following behind.

She shrugs, leaning against the counter.

"I don't know, I kind of ship you both together I guess." She confesses, looking at me as I pour some water to drink in a glass.

"Suri, for the tenth time, he has a girlfriend. He would never look my way, she's too pretty."

Suri let's out an exasperated groan.

"What's with that shit you keep repeating? You are beautiful too. What does she have that you don't? Look at your face, look at your gray eyes. Are you blind? I'm going to slap you." She scolds, placing her hands over my shoulders and glaring at me.

I press my lips together, trying not to burst into laughter at her seriousness.

"I'm not prettier just for having light eyes." "And yeah she has something I don't. She has him." I state, placing my hands on hers and pulling back.

"Okay, listen," She begins. "You are prettier than you think, and you could have him." She assures, turning around and taking a seat on the dinner table, lacing her fingers together over the wooden surface. "You know Yeonjun? He told me he laid eyes on you first, he even thought about asking you out."

I freeze on my spot, my eyes widen as I turn to face her. I was expecting her to be uncomfortable at her sudden confession, but she's not, she's actually really calm and is even smirking.

"What the fuck did you say?" 

A weird feeling inside my chest at the thought. Yeonjun is like my best friend too, knowing that he liked me at some point it's just... weird.

She giggles.

"Yeonjun felt attracted to you, until he met me, of course." She says, batting her eyelashes and making me chuckle. "But the point is, you're more attractive than you think."

I take a seat in front of her, tilting my head in confussion as I keep quiet for a couple of seconds.

"How can you tell me such a thing so relaxed? Don't you hate me? How's that you're not jealous?"

She chuckles, patting my hand and shrugging.

"Why would I? You're my best friend, and you're pretty. He has a good taste, I can't blame him. Besides, he's with me and I can assure you he doesn't have eyes for anyone else" she explains, winking at me.

Suri, you really are... Special.

"Okay, it's still weird. How am I supposed to look at him now?"

She shrugs.

I sigh.

"Don't make a big deal of it. It was a long time ago. The only thing that matters is that you could have Soobin one day."

"My wish." I mumble. She gives me a sympathetic smile when her phone starts buzzing. She unblocks it and answers the call.

"Hey, babe." She greets, smiling at me, I smile back. "Yeah, I'm at y/n's house, trying to convince her to go with us tonight. Yeah I told her he's going. Yes I know, but she's too stubborn" she keeps talking, now rolling her eyes at her last sentence. She looks at me again. "Yeonjun is asking if it's okay if he comes, he says he's bringing pizza."

I chuckle.

"Of course, he's always welcome."

Suri nods.

"Yeah she says you're welcome. Alright babe, see you in a while. Bye."

Suri hangs up the phone and sighs. I take a deep breath, knowing perfectly what she's thinking by just the look on her face.

"If I go, do you promise that none of you will leave me alone?" I ask in resignation, she smiles widely and claps her hands.

"I promise. Now let's pick something nice for you to wear." She responds excitedly, standing up and grabbing my wrist to drag me upstairs.

When she picks a floral red dress for me to wear with red sandals, I go to take a shower. I hear Yeonjun arriving on the other side of the door, so she goes downstairs to meet him. When I finish, I get dressed and style my hair a little bit, putting a little makeup on and sighing at the sight in front of me. I analyze myself for a couple of minutes. I know I'm not ugly at all, but could I be more attractive than Soobin's girlfriend? I don't think so. She is pretty, she has money, she is popular.

I am just me.

She has him, and I don't.

I take my purse and go downstairs, meeting Yeonjun and Suri at the kitchen. They are already eating.

"Hi, Yeonjunie." I wave at him, he smiles when I take a seat next to him and pats my head gently. I gulp at his sweet gesture and warm smile, trying to shake off that thing Suri told me earlier.

God, this is so awkward. I shouldn't have known.

"See? You look amazing." Suri praises me, smiling warmly and rubbing my forearm.

I grab a slice of pizza and start to eat, just giving a smile back to her.

"So what did you do to convince her?" Yeonjun suddenly asks, smiling. Suri sighs.

"It was hard, she's too stubborn. Not even Soobin's excuse worked on her. I had to be persistent and plead."

Yeonjun chuckles.

"That's because I have no reasons to be excited about him being there, since he won't be alone." I shrug, taking a sip of coke.

Suri rolls her eyes in annoyance.

"I keep telling her that it doesn't matter. She already knows him, she could get closer. And also, I don't like that girl at all. She has such a bitchy face and smells like a heartless snake."

I widen my eyes at her words, glaring at her. Yeonjun bursts into laughter.

"You're so lovely." He says, grabbing her hand. She shrugs.

"How can you say that? I mean I don't like her either, but that could be influentiated by me liking her boyfriend" I add, taking the last bite of my pizza.

Yeonjun scratches the back of his neck and sighs.

"I know what she means. I mean, yeah, there's something about her that doesn't feel right. I've seen them and to be honest, he looks more in love with her than the other way around. I don't really trust her, but since he's my cousin I have to keep my mouth shut." He confesses.

Suri smirks.

"See?" 

I am confused and surprised of Yeonjun's words. I could understand why Suri wouldn't like her, she's my best friend and knows about me liking Soobin, but Yeonjun not liking her either? Yeah, maybe there's something really wrong with her.

"Okay, whatever. Let's go, it's getting late." She says, standing up and throwing the empty boxes in the trash. Yeonjun grabs his car keys and I turn the lights off.

"Hold on, I'll brush my teeth really quick." I run upstairs while they make their way to Yeonjun's car.

After I checked on the egg and left the house with them, we finally arrive at the party. Music is really loud and there are tons of people around the backyard. I lace my arm with Suri's while she holds Yeonjun's hand with her free one. We look like a polyamorous couple.

We make our way through the people dancing and playing around and walk into the big place. It's a really nice house, with wooden floors and marble walls. There's a good amount of antique decorations in every corner, paintings, crystal chandeliers on the ceilings, big lamps and carpets. There're two floors, the stairs are built in a spiral way and I feel nervous by just looking at the gap between every step. Whoever lives in this house, surely has money.

We are about to take a seat in an empty couch, but someone starts to shout for everyone to go and play some games.

That's not a good sign.

"No, no. Please, no." I beg to Suri, trying to pull her to another place around the house, but she shakes her head.

"Come on, it'll be fun." She assures, dragging me and Yeonjun with her.

We are standing now in the middle of the hall and surrounded by people talking and cheering to who knows what.

"We're playing 7 minutes in heaven, so be prepared. It will be totally random." The guy at the front says, gaining more cheers.

Fuck off.

I tighten my grip on Suri's arm, but she doesn't even pay attention to me. She and Yeonjun are too focused on the stupid game.

Looking around I notice I don't know anyone in this place. But then, my heart skips a beat when my gaze lands on him.

He's looking stunning. His tall figure is dressed with a black t-shirt and a white jacket, black ripped jeans and a pair of converse. His hair looks perfect, and he has a light pink baseball cap back.

My eyes are glued on him as he's all smiles. My heart is racing and it's like I have hearts flying all around my head. She's here too, she looks really pretty, but her face isn't smiley at all. She has her arms crossed over her chest, and is frowning. He is holding her from behind and resting his chin on her head, but she's not even looking at him.

I frown at the sight. Something is off, or maybe they just aren't all lovey dovey like I thought.

"Okay, the guy with the white baseball cap, come here!" The guy shouts, pointing out his finger to Soobin.

I widen my eyes when the guy calls out for him. He lifts his girlfriend's face to look at him, like asking for permission, but she just shrugs. He releases her frame and walks towards the guy, scratching the back of his neck in nervousness. People are still cheering, the majority of them probably are already drunk.

The guy who's picking people, places his arm around Soobin's shoulders as much as he's able to, cause he's much taller than him. I chuckle at the height difference.

He whispers something in his ear and Soobin nods, but he's not smiling. He has a blank face.

"Okay, so... Uhmm..." The guy hums, looking around us as he tries to pick a girl. I am lost in Soobin's pretty face and how shy he is looking. Poor boy, he's probably all confused of why his girlfriend didn't stop him from playing this stupid game.

"You, the beauty in the red flowered dress!"

Everyone turns their heads to look at me, including Yeonjun and Suri. My eyes widen in shock and I feel a knot forming on my stomach. Soobin looks in my direction, and his eyes go wider in surprise. He probably wasn't expecting me to be here.

Same, boy, same. I don't know what the fuck I am doing here.

I shake my head and my hands in front of me, trying to escape from this ridiculous thing. I'm feeling incredibly uncomfortable being the center of attention. Everyone is looking at me and cheering for me, I don't want to do it.

And from all the people, it had to be Soobin.

What kind of wicked game is this?

The guy steps closer with the intention of grabbing my hand and take me where Soobin is standing. I step back, but then I feel Suri's hands pushing me in his direction. I turn my head, looking at her completely terrified, but she's smiling.

"Fuck, no, stop!" I try to convince her, but no, she keeps pushing.

The guy grabs my hand and drags me next to Soobin. He turns his body and opens a door behind us. Soobin looks at me with a puzzled look, and I look back at him quickly, not being able to maintain visual contact with him.

I look at his girlfriend's direction. She's staring back at me, anger spreading all over her face. She's sending a death glares my way.

I panic. But then, the guy pushes us both inside the room and closes the door behind us.

Holy shit. Someone please erase me from this world.

My body is frozen in the spot when I hear the door being locked behind me. I'm looking down at my feet, my hands are all sweaty and shaking. I feel like throwing up and my heartbeats are almost leaving me breathless.

"Are you okay?"

Soobin's deep voice sends chills all over my body. I hesitate but look up to meet his gaze. He's standing in front of me, but with a good distance between us.

"I, yeah. I'm sorry." I say in a whisper, biting my lip and averting my gaze.

"Why? Don't be sorry. I'm pretty sure you didn't plan this." He chuckles. I look at him again, and his smile makes me feel a little more at ease.

"Uh, Yeah, b-but-" I stutter. Fuck me and my nervousness.

He giggles again.

"It's okay, I'm not going to do anything to you, don't worry." He promises, and I let out a big breath. "I have a girlfriend, so it wouldn't be okay. And even if I wasn't with her, I wouldn't touch you if you didn't want to." He adds. I nod.

I smile, feeling better at the fact that he's being respectful with his girlfriend and with me.

"That's very nice of you." It's all I manage to say. I play with my fingers, still looking at him as he seats on the floor.

"But now that we're here, why don't we get to know each other?" He suggests, patting the floor ahead him and inviting me to take a seat in front of him.

I rest my butt on my heels, covering my thighs with my dress and placing my hands above them.

"Okay." 

 He smiles warmly and I instantly feel my cheeks burn. I press my lips together in a slight smirk.

"So, what brings you here?" He asks, I sigh.

"Suri."

"Ohh, Yeonjun hyung's girlfriend. She's your best friend, right? She's a nice girl."

I smile.

"She is. What about you? I saw you with your girlfriend."

He nods.

"Yeah, his cousin is the owner of this house. She's not in a good mood today." He shrugs. "But nevermind. Tell me about you."

He looks at me expectantly, waiting for me to answer to his request. I suddenly feel my mind going blank and forgetting all about myself.

Who am I? What's my name? What do I like? Shit, why.

"I-I Um... My name is y/n. I'm nineteen and I'm an only child. My parents travel a lot, so I'm kind of used to be on my own." I say, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "I love animals, and I used to dance ballet until my parents started to travel more frequently."

He nods.

"I see. That's interesting, I'm not sure if I'd be able to be without my mom." He confesses, chuckling. "By the way... Um, your eyes, they're... different." He mutters, immediately making me notice that he's ashamed of mentioning it.

I chuckle.

"Yeah, I know. They're gray, blue when I cry." 

He smiles. He somehow looks... fascinated?

"You're not Korean? I mean yeah you look like one but not completely." He says, intrigued.

I smile and nod.

"I am. I'm half Korean. My mom is Korean, but my father is American."

"That's great. I've never met a foreigner before. I am fully Korean, just turned twenty, I have a little sister and I really like reading, singing and bread." He adds, chuckling. "And... Uh, don't think I'm being flirtatious or anything, but your eyes are beautiful. It's just that I hadn't seen other than brown ones before." He admits, smiling gently. His cheeks instantly become tinted in a subtle pink dust.

My heart is jumping at his compliment. Not knowing what to do, I blush and look down to my hands.

"Thank you." I say shyly, looking at him again. "I like your dimples."

What the fuck did I just say?

He widens his eyes, but then giggles.

"Thank you." He says with a breathy chuckle. "Wanna poke them?"

I look at him in astonishment. Is he really inviting me to poke his dimples? He's staring at me, amused as I cock my head to the side, waiting for him to just say he's joking. But no, he doesn't.

"Um, s-sure" I stutter, smiling.

He then grabs one of my hands. I feel electricity flowing all over my veins, his touch is burning on my skin and I could swear I'm even getting dizzy. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm already on the ground, I would've lost my balance for my wobbling knees.

Soobin then smirks, grabbing my index finger and placing it in one of his dimples. I can't help but smile widely at his action. His skin is soft and smooth.

When I pull my hand back, he giggles and his smile reaches his eyes, making them smaller.

Ahh... That smile of yours, always turning my world upside down.

"Your eyes are sparkling, cute." He giggles again. Such a giggly baby. "You must really like my dimples."

I cover my face with my hands and laugh, embarrassed.

Am I that obvious?

I like more than just your dimples.

The door suddenly opens, making the both of us turn our heads. The guy from before peeks his head in.

"Time's up. Get out please."

Soobin stands up, and offers me his hand to help me do the same. I stay still for a second, but then I take his hand.

His hand is large and warm to the touch. My stomach just flips again.

He releases the grip on my hand, and smiles at me.

"See you later, y/n." Soobin says, waving goodbye. I wave back before he bows and walks out the door.

I do the same, rapidly finding a smiling Suri waiting for me on the other side. But I'm still looking at Soobin when he walks away, the moment he reached his girlfriend, he tries to hold her hand, but she slaps his away.

My heart sinks when I see his disappointed face.

If she only knew how much he respects her. He's so nice, and he doesn't deserve that treat.

I can't understand. My skin burns at his touch, my heart screams in joy and the whole world stops whenever he says just a word to me.

How can she reject him like that? How can she do that while I'm here wishing he could touch my hand again even if it's accidentally?

"So, how was it?" Suri asks, making me look at her. I smile softly.

"He's a gentleman."

That's all I could say.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 4.2K 48
A 19 year old Park Do Hee found herself travelling to the city of Seoul, trying to find her older brother whom she lost when she was still little. To...
113K 5.6K 53
[ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴀᴜ ] Choi Yeonjun Fanfiction "Because it has to be you" Upon hearing the same thing, I heard in my past life. I closed my eyes. He crashe...
117K 3.9K 23
❝ you're ripped at every edge, but you're a masterpiece ❞
906K 41.4K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...