CHANGES | Nathan Scott

By bjfanfic

"Morning will come, nothing can stop that." AU setting | Nathan Scott x OC + OTH Cast. More

P R E F A C E
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
CHANGES
67
68
69
70
71
72
73

15

1.2K 21 9
By bjfanfic

It's been a little over a week since the night of that party.

I'd seen Lucas a few times throughout the week, never making mention of the party, or the fact he's now discovered he's got a brother. Trying to pry him for answers to see how he's coping, to no luck. He's too bottled up. If he wasn't going to tell me, I knew those feelings were being let out and turned to beautiful words in one of his private journals.

It turns out a week passing by doesn't get easier, the longer you end up waiting because I'm still in the same panic mode I was on the night of the party, to how I feel now.

There's reminders, which set off flashbacks of moments including Dan's raging face, his force on to Nathan, then to how upset and broken he looked.

I haven't seen Nathan since then and it made me worry, rumours quickly circulated around campus. One of the main stories I'd over heard was Nathan caught leaving out the back way to escape questions regarding Dan or the life changing video reveal. He got into a fight with a police offer and they had a minor scuffle that had him locked up for the night.

If it wasn't Nathan in the fight, it was Dan with one of the cleaners he'd hired. They got in a screaming match, which causes Nathan to jump in too. Fiery fists of rage flung from the small squabbling group and now that cleaner is suing Dan for a large sum of money. From the way he dressed and judging by his home, it'd be paying out some pocket money, though the cleaner could reverse the roles, and have him clear out his bank for the injuries inflicted.

There were others saying Nathan had been too busy arguing with Dan in the office room to have come back out and enjoy what was left of the party; if that was even possible. That he in fact never left the house, so he's innocent in all of this and Dan, he was the evil one in all outcomes.

No matter what had happened, I'd left before the apparent time frames of these rumours, so I can't exactly defend the situation. Anything could've been possible.

In all of this, if there was one thing I caught on to about hosting a party, it's you wanted it to be one, in which everyone was talking about, may it be for good or bad reasons. In this situation it's mission accomplished for the Scott family of parties.

I wearily glance at my phone, no messages, or missed calls. Leaving me a little disappointed.

What was I thinking? Foolishly getting my my hopes up by giving Tim my number, the one he was supposed to pass on, so Nathan may have called me, or even sent a text by now.

Absolutely nothing from me or anyone else I knew has been heard or seen of Nathan Scott. Or maybe he told them to not say anything.. so I guess I'm being ghosted?

I run a hand through my tangled bed hair and start to think even more into the situation, that's not really a situation, but I'm making something of it? I wanted to slap myself because it's all coming across rather needy, all because I kinda miss someone, whom I barely even knew.  Not to mention, he's got a lot of baggage and for someone who has a freaking girlfriend, but not? That it was probably not even worth the drama that would come with that particular territory.

Rolling out of bed, feeling rather fresh on a Sunday morning, I decided to make the most of my day off and go into town.  I knew I needed to study, but that could wait till a little later.  I wasn't in any mood to study, or take in any information, other than the one person who was consuming all the space in my mind.

Whilst getting ready, I sent Haley a message thinking she was free to join me.  Unfortunately for me, Brooke was too busy preparing some sample garments for an assignment she had been raving on about all week.  Lucas was busy and so was Peyton, but I only learnt that, after he'd mentioned that randomly amongst our messages.  To be honest, I was almost certain we were both on the last of each other's lists of people we'd want to be hanging out with, right now.

I'd still hadn't heard a peep from Haley and was getting tired of waiting.   Taking action, I left my room and went down the hall and knocked on the door several times, but no answer.  Finally a text came through from her.

Haley: Sorry, busy at the moment :(. X

Me: Too busy to see your own sister?? 

I knew there was no use in wallowing over her absence and any issue going into town solo, but sometimes having some company would be nice. I hated being alone; even if it was my own fault due to my anti-social ways.  Being a homebody just seemed like a better option, most times.

One booking later, I made my way in a short Uber ride into the town.

I drew in a deep breath upon stepping out of the departing vehicle when I shut the door gently behind me. 

The sun is out, which I felt soaking the warmth into my pale skin and closed my eyes for a moment to enjoy the feeling, until my bag began to vibrate from a message, one I expected ages ago.

Haley: You know what I'm like, I can't say no, especially to helping someone.

She replied and I frowned instantly at the message. She hadn't bothered to offer to hang later, or a different day.  I knew it was always up to me to pester her, time and time again to even see her these days.  It was starting to become a joke, like I needed to have an appointment to spend time with my sister.

Me: But you can say no to me, all the time.

Rather than having to wait a long time again, she was quick to reply.

Haley: I can't always drop everything for you.  I have my own life and so do you, go and live it.

Shaking my head in disbelief, I roughly shove my phone away, rather than starting one of our world war fights, which were just a waste of time. Stubborn vs Stubborn – it was bound to go nowhere.

Familiarising the area, I went past the music store, remembering it's the place I'd visited with Peyton. Funnily enough, I caught a glimpse of the curly haired blonde when slowly walking past, who's hand deep inspecting CDs.   I was lonely, but not desperate to disturb and start up fight number 2, though the first wasn't directly with me.  I sped up my pace and looked forward, I'd preferred to be alone.

The next few hours were made up of getting lost in the city life, window shopping, enjoying some innocent retail therapy with the credit card Dad had given us, and occasionally messaging Brooke, where her opinion was warranted.

Along the way, I stumbled upon a help wanted sign outside a café, which held my attention. It'd made me think of Karen's cafe and reminding me that I should go back and visit mum soon, even if I hadn't been gone for too long now, she would appreciate the gesture, one I'm sure my sister would now fail to do.

I couldn't bring myself to working at a café, just yet, after having worked for Karen on and off for so long, it didn't feel right.  And neither did the unexpected sight of two people sitting at a table not too far from the shop front.

At first, I thought I had been seeing things, images of people flashing to mind of those I would want to be seeing at the moment. 

After blinking several times, putting on my new pair of sunglasses to lessen the glare outside, I am seeing it all clearly.

Haley And Nathan.

There weren't many people around, both outside and inside the café.  I could feel the adrenaline start to kick in, the quivering of my lower lip and my hands starting to ball into tight fists clutching even tighter on to my shopping bags.  I was not only blown off by my sister, but, Nathan too, for each other, not that I'd asked him to hang but his Carmen Sandiego hiding game was no longer my idea of fun.

I debated whether it would be worth storming in, causing a scene, dumping the contents of their drinks to either of their heads.  I also knew, I wasn't in any mood to have a reputation built up on one moment, one that was made up of betrayal.  But then again, Nathan owed me nothing and Haley didn't know I had some weird-freaky interest on this guy.

Slowly backing away from the window, hoping they hadn't spotted me. 

Of course, nothing would be easy for me, as I felt my back crash up against something solid.  I went stumbling to the ground and landing on top of whoever had been the poor soul, whom I had gotten in the way of in my retreat. 

"I knew you would fall for me, eventually," said Tim smugly.

Removing my hair and glasses from out of my obstructed view, I was too close for comfort in Tim's space; face to face, the tips of our noses dangerously grazing against one another's.

"Tim? I'm-I would be sorry, but you're useless."  I said after taking in his remark, as I tried to push up off of his chest to get up and retrieve my discarded bags. 

The jingle of the nearby bell of a door opening, alerted me that there were others around.  I needed to get up before anyone could capture this embarrassing moment.  

Tim was already a step ahead of my motions and drew his phone out, taking a snap of us, keeping a strong hold of one of his arms around me to keep me close.  The photo was somewhat clear, but blurry enough to shield my identity, as I continued squirming to get up and away from him.

Within moments, another bell jingle went off as the cafes door swung open.

"What the hell man?" I can hear Nathan's voice growl.

"You wouldn't have believed me, if I didn't send that photo." Tim quickly replied.

I could hear the footsteps approaching me, the shadow of their figure looming over me.  

"Here, let me help you."  The familiar soothing voice offers, their hands scooping me under each arm and helping me up to steady me on my feet. "You, you're an idiot, sending out a pic, like people will actually give a shit," He scolds over my shoulder to Tim.

"We were gonna lose our streak," He defends himself, over a virtual number he got for each day he sent his best friend a pointless photo, "And, I wanted you to see for yourself that girls fall for me, too."

Once again the door opens from the café and this time, I could hear Haley's voice 'Are they okay?', she mumbled from behind the figure in front of her.

"I'm fine! I'm fine,"  I wriggle out of his hands and snatch the bags he held up for me. When I reluctantly look up, I'm now staring into the worried blue eyes, belonging to Nathan.

"Bek, are you-" He attempted to speak until being interrupted.

"Bek?" Haley steps around and examines me, with a smirk. "That's one way for attention.  You know, rather than staring creepily from outside and roll around with Tim, you could have just come inside and joined us, seeing as you're already here, after stalking me."

Nathan arched his brow at Haley, who turned around, shrugging at him and mumbled incoherently something I wasn't able to hear.

"I was enjoying my day, alone, until now... so thanks for ruining it." Swiftly turning away and making sure the edges of my shopping bags whacked Haley in the process and knock into Tim too.

Secretly I'd hoped one of them may have tried to stop me as I stormed away, to no surprise, did I turn around the corner and was alone, again. No one ran after me, to stop me, or see if I was okay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 6.2K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
142K 6.2K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
134K 6.6K 47
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
158K 2.7K 48
just read