Devotion [h.s]

By happydays1d

{SEQUEL TO MALIGNANT AND HIDEAWAY} MATURE READ! (18+) "Lay one finger on my daughter and I'll have you destro... More

Authors Note
Prologue
205
206
207
208
209
210
211
212
213
214
215
216
217
218
219
220
221
222
223
224
225
226
227
228
229
230
231
232
233
234
235
236
237
238
239
240
241
242
243
244
245
246
247
248
249
250
251
252
253
254
255
256
257
258
259
260
261
262
263
264
265
266
267
268
269
270
271
272
274
275
276
277
278
279
280
281
282
283
284
285
286
287
288
289
290
291
292
293
294
295
296
297
298
299
300
301
302
303
304
305
306
307
308
Epilogue

273

125K 3.9K 7.6K
By happydays1d

I updated less then 24 hours ago so make sure you have read that chapter before his one :)

Niall Horan

"G-grab t-the baby—." Harry's eyes rolled back in his head while the blood dripped down to his lips.

My eyes widened as I whipped Briar out of his falling arms, getting her before he collapsed to the ground. My heart raced as I had Briar firmly in my grip, knowing if I was a second later then she would've been dropped to the hard floor.

I stare in shock at Harry passed out on the floor, his arms sprawled out and his nose bleeding down his face.

"Harry!" I shout in fear, Briar crying and staring at his father on the floor, her fingers going into her mouth.

I run over to the couch and sit her crying state down on it, racing back over to Harry on the floor. I fall to my knees next to him and grab his head, lifting it up off the floor.

"Harry wake up!" I shout while levitating his head off the floor. Blood was dripping down his nose and down his face, like he was dead.

I place his head down and shake him a few times, getting more and more panicked every second he doesn't respond. I peel his eyelids open, seeing just the whites of his eyes.

"C'mon Harry don't do this." I murmur in stress, getting mentally ready to call 911.

I lean down and hover my ear over his parted chapped lips, listening and feeling for any form of breathing. Luckily I could hear him breath, meaning he wasn't dead but unconscious. I don't know what's going on with him, but he's either drunk or taken something. I pray it isn't coke again.

I felt at a loss of what to do, but he needed to wake up.

I turned my head around the trashed living room frantically, trying to decide what to do in the situation. I was contemplating calling Louis, but it would take him to long to get here and I'm not just gonna not do anything in the meantime.

I look at Briar who was sitting up and crying on the couch in just her diaper. I get up and go over to her, picking her up and bring her to the stairs.

"I'm just gonna put you in your crib for a little bit." I say to her like she's understand, she must be so scared. I was scared.

I run up the stairs as she looks over the railing at Harry laying on the floor, a traumatizing sight for her young eyes but hopefully she won't remember this. I race right into her next to empty nursery, putting her down in the white crib and sticking a pacifier in her mouth that was on the mattress.

"I'll be right back." I tuck the stuffed animal under her arm before running back out of the room.

I run down the stairs to Harry's body again, shaking him a few more times just in case if that was all he needed. His limp body just laid unconscious on the hardwood floor, his nose bleed dripping down the sides of his face and to the floor.

"Fuck Harry." I say in grief before standing behind his head and bending down to grab him by his armpits.

I drag his tall body to the stairs, he was dead weight. I was panicking the entire time but had to think fast. I hoisted him all the way up the stairs, his back dragging up the hard steps.

"I don't know what is wrong with you but if you even think about dying then I'll fucking kill you in hell." I mutter while getting him to the top of the stairs and pulling him down the hallway to the bathroom.

I push open the door with my back and pull him to the bathtub. I drop him in front of it before stepping in the tub and grabbing him by his armpits again. I hoist his dead weight into the bathtub, propping his head on the side so he was partially sat up.

I could hear Briar crying from her room and I wanted to go calm her down but he was my first priority at the moment.

The back of his neck rests on the edge of the tub, his body stretched down the length of it. I get out of it and go over to where the facet is, yanking the shower handle to turn it on.

The ice cold water sprays from the shower head, hitting him right in the face and going down his clothed body. I kneel next to the tub where his head was resting, lifting it up off the side and trying to get him to wake up as the cold water soaked him.

"C'mon Harry you need to wake up." I encourage while the blood from his nose washed away from the water.

His red flannel shirt was ripped open completely, and his track pants were clung to his body from the water. He laid with his neck on the edge of the tub, water hitting his face while he was completely passed out.

I get up and go to the cabinet, seeing if there was something that could help him. I don't know what exactly I was looking for but I needed something. I opened the bare cabinets and dived my hands in to look at the minimal amount of medication, nothing that was gonna help.

I cuss to myself and shut the cabinet, putting my hands on the counter and feeling at a loss of what to do.

I dipped my head down for a second and shut my eyes, trying to regain my thoughts and figure out what to do next. My foot was tapping the floor as I felt my heart race dramatically. He needs to wake up, he can't die.

I opened my eyes and looked at the counter top, realizing my hands were on something just by the texture on my skin. I lift my hands up and look at my palms, seeing some white power on them. I furrow my brows in confusion and analyze the counter to see more of the residue all over, and in the corner was an open orange pill bottle.

I grab the almost empty bottle and read the label, seeing it was his old prescription for Oxycodone. The second I read the word, I hear the water splash from the tub to my right and a loud gasp of life fill the room.

"Amelia!" Harry shoots his eyes open and flinches in the tub so the water splashed everywhere. He flies his head in different directions from confusion, hyperventilating and looking like he just came back from the dead.

I raced over and kneel to the ground as he jolted around in anxiousness, it was like he didn't know where he was.

"Harry! Harry!" I grabbed his shoulders as he sat up and looked frantically around the room before at me.

His bloodshot eyes stared into mine while his hair was soaked and hanging over his forehead. The life looked like it was sucked out of him as he was pale as a ghost, lips almost purple.

"It's me!" I say before he starts to freak out again. "You passed out!" I inform while he breathed heavy in stress.

"Where is Amelia?" He looks at me like he was crazy, does he not remember where she is?

"She isn't here Harry, she's at the hospital." I say as he looks so lost and frantic. His jumpy red eyes were deathly and his pupils were so small, way too small.

He was on drugs; that's what this all was. He's been snorting his old painkillers. I can tell just by the look in his eyes and his absent state of mind, he wasn't Harry.

His vision flicked back and forth between my eyes, his hyperventilations mixed with the sound of the water spraying him and Briar crying down the hall.

"W-where did they go? I know they are here!" He looked around me in the bathroom, looking frantically scared.

"Who are they?" I shake my head.

He shuts his eyes and shakes his head, diving his face into his hands.

"They- they were right here. Zayn, A-Adrian, my fathe-" He could barely speak properly as he was all frazzled.

"Harry they are all dead, you are loosing your mind here." I shake my head.

Words couldn't describe how disappointed I was in him for getting to this point. He was using again, and with oxy. This is why he was passed out in the kitchen that day when Louis and I showed up. He's been high, and now it was unsafe for Briar.

"I did this to see her! I just needed to see her like I see them!" He says in frustration, shaking his head that was in his hands. I was trying to decipher what he meant but he was just acting insane.

"See who Harry? Amelia? Amelia is in a coma! You're high!" I tell him with my voice becoming raised.

"No I'm not." His tone becomes more calm because he knows I'm onto him.

"Don't you dare tell me your not. You're counter is covered in crushed painkillers and you're acting like the kid in the sixth sense! You're fucking using again you could've overdosed! I thought you did!" I raised my voice because I was mad, so mad.

"You don't understand.." He shakes his head while admitting it.

"No you're right, I don't understand at all. I don't understand how you could do this when you have Briar to look after! Your kid is a crying mess, watching her only parent act like a fucking psycho and passing out on the floor!" I start to go off because everything was just becoming unleashed, he has made me so mad.

"There's more to it then that Niall!" He shouts back at me like he had a right to defend himself for this.

"Get out of the tub and get fucking changed, I'm gonna go make sure your kid is being taken care of." I stand to my feet and storm to the door, needing to calm down before this escalated more then it needed to.

"I don't need your help!" I hear him shout as I storm down the hallway away from the bathroom he was in.

"Well you're not doing so hot on your own." I mutter and shake my head while going into Briar's room.

I open the door to see her laying in her crib, crying so her face was red. Her pacifier was tossed out of her mouth and her eyes were squinted shut.

"Lets get you changed.." I say while lifting her up and out of the crib.

I bring her over to the change table and get her a new diaper. Luckily I watched Amelia do this hundreds of times when I live with them. I start to change her as she cried. I felt so bad for her, she clearly missed her mom and Harry wasn't make her happy in anyway.

"Daddy's okay." I say to her like she'll understand me once again. 

All of this information was hitting me like a ton of bricks. I can't believe everything that just happened. I thought for a moment that he was dead, and Briar would've potentially lost another parent. And then I found out he's been snorting lines again, throwing everything he's built for himself away. I never pictured him actually doing this again, it was a possibility in my mind, but never a real thought.

I get her all changed and bring her out of her bedroom, looking down the hall to see the shower wasn't on anymore and Harry wasn't in it. For further speculation I walk down the hall and toward his closed bedroom door. I knock once, thinking he was changing. There was no answer so I knocked again.

"Harry I'm gonna go feed Briar." I say through the door, waiting to hear a response but getting nothing.

I grab the door handle and open it up, stepping in and seeing that he was changed in dry clothes, but passed out on the messy bed. He was laying on his stomach, arms spread out and mouth wide open.

I walked in with Briar in my arms, going right up to him. He looked asleep, but I had to make sure he didn't actually die.

I walk up next to him and hover the back of my hand around his mouth, feeling his exhale crash against it.

He was asleep.

I look around the room, seeing more of the powder residue on his nightstand next to some beer bottles. He's hit complete rock bottom, but he also needs rest. I could imagine that the results of his drug use is also from his body failing from the little to no sleep he gets.

Either way he is not in the right health to be alone with Briar, he was so close to seriously hurting her if I wasn't there.

"Alright, you're coming with uncle Ni tonight babe." I say to Briar before walking towards the door.

I'll leave Harry a note and take Briar for the night to my house. This place was a mess and Harry was so deep in the hole that he couldn't watch her on his own right now. I wish I knew about this earlier, I could've helped.

But he doesn't let anyone help, and that's the problem.

//

just hang in there y'all, I'm sorry this is so sad. This book would be boring if everything worked out perfectly all the time. Congrats if you made it this far and I hope you stick around till the end xoxo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 1.2K 59
"All my life I've been on my own, I use a light to guide me home, but now together we're alone, and there's no other place I'd ever wanna go" Anna is...
158 1 9
I could see how broken he is, his eyes and mouth relaxed showing a blank expression; nothing helps. All I want to do is hold him, "you're broken" a w...
769K 21.3K 125
"You should've thought about that before you asked me to be your sugar baby!?" "How am I supposed to break it to you I have kids?!... oh yeah I'm lo...
Run (H.S) By Kay

Fanfiction

112 2 16
Harry Styles A.U. I don't remember a time when I didn't run. I've spent so much time in my life hiding away from everything good, and everything bad...