Katerina and Her Darkness

By Gia_Klaire_C_

'Katerina!' 'Tobias!' The two children screamed and cried as they were torn apart... 'Please don't forget ab... More

Last Memory
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Flash back...
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
New Boooooooook!
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 19

20 4 0
By Gia_Klaire_C_

Ardwyad's POV

I sighed frustratedly and walked out of the house at vampire speed. I needed to hurry... There was something I must do right now. No, there was someone I needed to see.

I ran and ran, deeper and deeper into the woods. 

Are you scared...?

"Just shut up!" I shouted in my head at the demons inside of me. 

You are afraid... That she would find out about the prophecy, right?

"She doesn't need to know!"

She deserves to... we know... and We love her just as much as you do...

"Demons are born to hate! Not love."

Hahaha... That's quite right, we were born to hate... Without us, you are nothing... 

"Shut up! Shut up!" I shouted loudly and kept running.

.

.

.

Finally, I reached there. The cave where he had been locked up, for a thousand years...

"Your Majesty!" Two soldiers greeted me nervously.

"Who are you guys... I haven't seen you guys before." I asked, and studied their faces suspiciously.

"We... We are the new ones that came..." The soldiers tried to explain.

"If you lie to me, you know the consequences..." I warned as the temperature starts to drop around us.

"Hey, T! What r u doing! They're with me, and they just came last week." I heard Flame say cheerfully from behind me.

"Really?" I asked and I narrowed my eyes at the two soldiers. "What are your names?"

"Nick and Bob, your majesty."

"Whatever," I said, and looked over to Flame. "As long as they're with you."

"Come on, you can at least trust me." Flame said acting hurt and dramatic as he always was.

Doors after doors automatically unlocked and locked as I walked deeper and deeper into the dungeon. This cave was specially made just to keep one person. 

My father.

From the outside, it looked like an abandoned cave, but it was actually a jail. I'm sure that this was the most secure jail in the world. There were 20 secure doors made of corundum inside the cave, and each door was 1-foot thick. (Corundum is the third hardest rock in the world.) People may say that I'm going overboard, but my Father was a strong vampire and he had powerful friends who do anything to get him out of this prison. With Haze's help, the doors were under a spell so that it only opened when I walk in. If a vampire other than me waked inside the gate, there would be vervain gas everywhere. To be safe, Haze also made it so, if a werewolf walked in, there would be thousands of silver needles flying from every direction. Yes, this was a jail made with modern technology and magic spells. 

There were only 2 people that could come in here. Jestin and I. There were reasons why I didn't allow Flame to come in. He was very close to my father compared to me, he had looked up to my father his entire life. My father was also very kind and nice to him. It was not that I don't trust Flame, it was my father that I don't trust. My father had lived many thousands of years, his years of experience taught him how to be crafty and very "good" at talking. Flame was still too naive to judge between Good and Evil. To this day, I was never sure whether I was doing the right thing, making the right choices. Being the king of all Vampires wasn't easy...

.

.

.

Finally, I reached the last door, and it opened slowly. A strong rotten sour smell hit me. Even among vampires, I was very sensitive to smells. I felt like throwing up.

"My, my... s.. son. Is that you?" I heard a faint, groaning weak voice calling from the back of the dark cell. The whole cell was drenched wet with vervain, even the air was full of vervain. On top of that, I made it so that he only gets one drop of mice blood every 3 hours. That way he could only stay alive, yet not heal.

I hurried and put on a mask, and put on the gloves to protect my hands that were already starting to have sores, due to the vervain. My hands were shaking while I put the gloves on. They were not shaking with fear and physical pain, but anger.

"I'm not your son. Your son died many years ago..." I said coldly and turned on the lights. The lights were dim and covered with spider webs. "The moment you sent his mate away, you lost him."

I wonder when was the last time someone had visited this awful place.

I walked closer and closer until finally, I saw him. My own father. Crawled up like a helpless dog. His clothes were no longer clothes, they were like pieces of rags, drenched with blood and sweat.

"Ardwyad... You've grown..."

"You don't get to call me that! Only she can..." I roared at him, the temperature in the room dropping. The demons inside me were also screaming inside of me.

He couldn't move, he just laid there, but his eyes stared up at me. He was no longer strong, arrogant, and high-up like the last time I saw him. Ever since the day I locked him in this cell, I have never come to visit him.

Shall we kill him?

No!

We want to... He was the one that took her away... He doesn't deserve mercy...

No!

The demons inside were screaming and cursing with anger. I held my fists tightly to hold them back. My nails digging into my palms, causing some blood to ooze out.

"Your shaking... Hm... You still can't control the demons within you... How can you rule the kingdom...' His voice was weak, but still full of mockery. "When you can't even rule the demons inside you."

"Shut up!" I shouted, and the earth around me started to tremble. I couldn't let his words affect me.

"I know why you came to visit me..." He turned his face a little so that he can look straight at me. He has aged so much. When a vampire doesn't get enough blood, they would begin to age little by little. "You found Katerina, didn't you. After a thousand years you finally..."

"You don't deserve to say her name!" I demanded and a dark shadow of a demon's arm flew out from behind my back and picked him up by the throat.

He groaned and gasped for air.

I couldn't kill him. For my mother's sake, I have to keep him alive. The last thing I want was to let her go through the same pain I went through. In about 10 seconds, the demon's hand disappeared, and he dropped down hard unto the stone floor. His groan echoed in the soundproof room. 

"She... Lost all of her memories... about... me." I said coldly, ignoring his pitiful coughs and grunts.

"Hgh... so you came to ask for help... Then you shouldn't have done that, my son..." Again... His voice was full of mockery.

I hate him.

"Katerina... Does she want to see me?" He looked up, and our eyes met. His dry cracking lips curved into a smile... His eyes stared into mine as if he knows what was about to happen.

I glared back at him. The longer we stare, the smaller I felt. The bigger his smile seemed to be...

Why do I feel so defeated?

As if he had won?

Did I lose?

No way... He is up to something... Something terrible is about to happen. I feel it!

It's coming!

KATERINA!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 870 27
TEASER: "No fiancée of mine needs to learn how to fight." His breath flows upon the prickling skin of my neck. I close my eyes, involuntarily shu...
29.9K 1.1K 66
|| Highest Ranking = 68 in vampire|| 15k reads-24/03/2018|| ||26k reads- 10/12/2018 Bk1- Forced To Be With Him Julia Tanner was the youngest of two...
28 0 3
The Lost Running away from the one i hated the most my vampire mate. I know crazy right. My name is Star Royal Shadow im 17, im a hybrid. I have a t...
86.4K 2.7K 16
ash walker>18> werewolf> she lost her parents in a car accident and has always been angry but when she loses them her life spirals and she is forced...