I'm Not Okay {FIN & EDITING}

By -yxungest

*MY FIRST BOYXBOY!* Zayden: a teen boy who doesn't know the definition of friends and family and wonders why... More

note + cast + playlist
Preview Of I'm Not Okay
{1} Normal and Simple
{2} My Therapist
{3} Glowing Stars
{4} "Are You New?"
{5} Session 1
{6} Two Different People With The Same Story
{7} Session 2
{8} Dead Flower
{9} Time
{10} Lunch Table
{11} Session 3
{12} The Woman
{13} Fuck It.
{14} Brothers
{15} Am I Adorable?
{16} Session 4
{17} What The Hell Is Going On?
{18} Don't Look Back
{19} Session 5
{20} What Am I Going To Do With You, Eden?
{21} Trying To Tell Mom The Truth
{22} Dinner Time Goes Wrong
{23} Hanging Out With Rhett: Part I
{24} Hanging Out With Rhett: Part II
{26} Car Panic
{27} My Head Hurts Because Of Him But Makes Me Calm Too
{28} About Alexandrina
{29} Session 6
{30} The Meaning Of Sorry
{31} You're The Best Brother
{32} Money Is For Buying Things, Not For Bets
{33} Broken
{34} I Can't Be Gay {Picutre of Crevan}
{35} Nurses Are A Pain In The Ass
{36} Couldn't Stay With You
{37} Session 7
{38} Beaten Eden
{39} Nightmare
{40} "Hi Zayden."
{41} Nightmare = Reality
{42} Session 8
{43} Forget
{44} Fucking Up My Mind
{45} A Scar
{46} Surprise MY ASS! Part I
{47} Surprise MY ASS! Part: II
{48} Draw Me Your Rage
{49} Trick or Treat, Smell My Blood
{50} Smile
{51} Sleep With A Brother
{52} Project A+
{53} Starch Out Laser Tag
{54} Nice Cheeks
{55} Session 9
{56} A Shoulder To Cry On
{57} Love Triangle
{58} "Normal One"
{59} The Park
{60} Cookies
{61} The F Word
{62} Special
{63} Session 10
{64} Questions
{65} Flashback
{66} I'm Not Okay
{67} Kisses And Holding Hands
{68} Everything's Okay...I Think
(69} Fight! Fight! Fight!
{70} One Side
{71} A Trip
{72} Flowers
{73} Kind of Like at First Sight
{74} The Dad Talks to Son Talk
{75} New and Old
{76} You're My Star
{77} Nice to See Everyone Here
{78} One Step to Okay
{79} Aunt Cassandra
{80} Hot Chocolate and Cookies
{81} A Fight Worth Fighting For
{82 & FIN} A Whole Family
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter: Movie Day

{25} Hanging Out With Rhett: Part III

6.8K 315 199
By -yxungest

Sorry I took so long to upload! I had to do other stuff and I came up with 4 new stories but I have others that will come when I'm done with these. Hope you enjoy this!

~~~~

Rhett walks in front of me and I stand there. What does he mean "You’re something more to me"? You don't even know me! And I don't know you! Why did I say yes when I knew he was going to say stuff that I don't understand? I groan and I walk in Rhett's house.

He has an amazing place. The living room is connect to the kitchen and there are stairs next to the living room. I take off my shoes and slowly walk to the kitchen. Rhett was eating an apple and woman was cooking something. I sniff the air and it smell like heaven! It smells like...chocolate chip cookies! Rhett smiles and swallows.

"Mom, I want you to meet Zayden. He's a friend of mine," Rhett said bumping his shoulder onto hers.

She looks up and she beams. "You are so adorable and tiny! Now I know why my son-"

Rhett covers his mom mouths as she kept talking but it now she was mumbling.

"Yeah she talks a lot and say the more random stuff," Rhett said and laugh nervously.

I raise an eyebrow and stand away from them. Rhett lets go of his mom mouth and she had the biggest smile on her face.

"What's your name again, sweetie?" She said going to the fridge. She takes out milk and I couldn’t focus because of the smell of cookies.

"Um..Zayden, miss," I said and glance at Rhett. He was still biting on his apple and I sigh.

"What's wrong, Zayden?" Rhett's mom asks. I didn't want her to worry about me and I need to respect her. I know I don't respect my therapist and she's an adult, but if I do something bad she'll be disappoint.

I smile politely and said "Nothing, miss."

Rhett chocks and I quickly go to him and pat him on his back. "Are you okay?" I said when he stop chocking. He nods slowly and wipes his mouth with his sweater.

"I'm fine, Zayden. Don't worry," he said with a smirk on his face.

I glare at him and stop patting his back. "I wasn't worried, I didn't want you to chock-" I didn't get to finish my sentence because Rhett's mom giggles. I would be freaked out but she looks like a kind woman and I don't want to hurt her heart. Rhett glares at her and Rhett's mom shuts her mouth. Okay...this is getting weird.

"Tell me, Zayden. How did you meet my son?" Rhett's mom said.

She sits on the kitchen chair and I follow her. Rhett sits next to me but too close. I glance at Rhett and he look nervous.

"Well," I smile, "Rhett was being nice since I'm the new kid and he talk to me first."

Rhett's mom raise an eyebrow. "New?" Oh fuck. I shouldn't have told her I was new.

"Yeah, mom he's new," Rhett added.

"But you told me he's-"

"Mom!"

While they were arguing I decide to examine Rhett's mom. She has dark brown hair, baby blue eyes, and she looks in her 20s but probably she's 30-40. She kinda acts like Rhett but when its something serious, she'll quickly turn focus and make things right. I clear my throat and they both stop arguing and look at me.

"I think your cookies are burning..." I said. Rhett's mom gasps and quickly opens the oven and black smoke appeared. We cough and I quickly jump to chair and open the front door. Once the black smoke was gone I close the door and walk back into the kitchen. Rhett and his mom both stare at the cookies and Rhett pick up one and takes a bite to of it. I pat him on the back and his mom slaps him on his head.

"What the hell are you doing? You don't eat burnt or raw foods. They make you sick," I said. Rhett's mom rolls her eyes and throws the cookies away.

"This sucks. I wanted to make cookies and now they're burnt. Looks like I have to make more," she said.

"Why?" I said. My parents would only makes cookies if it’s something important and my mom won't let me have lot of sweets. She smiles and goes to the fridge.

"I make them because I love cookies. Who wouldn't want cookies when they come home from school?"

She does have point. School is like work (or going to hell) and all you do it work, work, and work. I shrug and go to the fridge take out bowl on top of the fridge.

"What are you doing?" Rhett said when I grab a bowl on top of the fridge. 

"I'm helping your mom," I said and open the milk and eggs.

"Oh no, no, no, no, Zayden. You don't have to help me! But thank you for helping," Rhett's mom said grabbing the bowl away from me.

I take the bowl again and said "I won't take no for an answer. I love cookies and I want to make some." Rhett blinks his eyes and looks at his mom. Rhett's mom smiles and ruffles my hair. She winks at Rhett and Rhett look away blushing.

I wanted to ask them why she winked at him and the way she did it made my skin crawl. She knows something that I don't know. My brain is telling me I shouldn't care about Rhett, Crevan, or my therapist but my heart tells me they are all trying to help me in a different way. I shake my head and try to focus on the cookies. 

45 minutes

I moan when the chocolate chip cookie melt into my mouth. I didn't know we could make such good cookies! I take another bite and moan. I look at Rhett and he was staring at me in a weird way. "What?" I said still cookies in my mouth. He blinks and he had a dumbfounded look on his face. I swallow and drink my glass of milk.

"Is there something on my face?" I said when he kept staring at me. He shakes his head and looks away. I shrug and continue eating, moaning, and drinking. Every time I moaned, Rhett would move uncomfortably and grip the table tightly.

"Miss..." I said getting Rhett's mom attention.

She looks at me and said "Yes, Zayden?"

I glance at Rhett and said "I think something's wrong with Rhett."

She raises an eyebrow and rushes to Rhett. She knees next to Rhett and started to whisper in his ear and he whisper back. She looks down and she blushes. She glances at me and gives Rhett a small smirk before standing up and wipe her hands on her apron.

"Is he okay?" I said impatiently. What is wrong with him? Why is he acting weird all of a sudden? "Yeah, he's okay. He has something in his pants that needs to go away," Rhett's mom said and giggles.

"What's in his pants?"

Rhett's mom burst out laughing and Rhett blushes and slams his head on the table. "I. Hate. You. Mom," Rhett said.

Rhett's mom stops laughing and pats Rhett on the back. "Don't worry, Rhett. When Zayden leaves you can go to the bathroom and moan-"

She didn't get to finish when she starts laughing again. Her laugh is laughable. I chuckle and Rhett looks up surprise.

"What?" I said.

"Y-y-you laugh!" Rhett exclaimed.

I shrug and take a sip of my milk. "It was just a chuckle."

He smiles and looks down. "To me its a laugh." 

I feel my lips twitch and I pick up my cookie. Why does he care if I chuckle? And why do I feel happy that he cares? Not only about what I do or say, but he actually cares about me. Rhett's mom stops laughing and wipes her eyes.

"Oh my god! That was a good laugh!" Rhett said happily. I nod and check the clock in their kitchen. My eyes widen and I quickly grab my book bag and run to the front door to put on my shoes.

"Zayden, what's wrong?" I look up and Rhett look concerned. The happy feeling came to my stomach and I try to shake it off.

"Um...I have to go home. It's 6:03," I said.

I quickly walk to the kitchen. "Bye Rhett's mom. It was nice meeting you." She smiles and quickly hugs me.

I stand there as a statue, shock by her hug and she said "You too, Zayden! Please come back!"

She does seem fun to hang out with and bubbly, and it makes me uncomfortable, but she's Rhett's mom.

I smile. "Sure. It's nice hanging out with you."

Her smile widens and she was about to hug me when someone grabs my arm and pulls me outside.

"I guess you’re coming back," Rhett said and smile.

My smile drops and I roll my eyes. "Of course. I have to since I told your mom I'm coming back." His smile widens and we both get in his car. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 11 15
Kyle Anderson, who goes by Kabe, lives in a small town where everyone knows everything about everyone. He isn't his usual happy-go-lucky self and has...
61K 1.7K 13
Dib decides to try a new way of exposing Zim. Dib states that it's for the sake of Earth. How Will this play out? Will it be successful or fall apart.
852 41 21
COMPLETED>>> Asher is a normal teenage boy with teenage boy feelings... for boys Jayden is also a normal teenage boy with teenage boy feelin...
4.2K 161 25
Little um backstory hehe( this book is LITERALLY shit since I made this in what 7th grade so like be prepared for some cringing ass writing lol) Kell...