Beginnings ➣ Monroe [1]

By -jxsperhxle

❝ one of the most beautiful things in life is a new beginning. ❞ [ GRIMM SEASON ONE : BOOK ONE ] [ I ONLY OWN... More

EXT. SUMMARY
01 | PILOT PT. 1
02 | PILOT PT. 2
03 | PILOT PT. 3
04 | BEARS WILL BE BEARS PT. 1
05 | BEARS WILL BE BEARS PT. 2
06 | BEARS WILL BE BEARS PT. 3
07 | BEEWARE PT. 1
08 | BEEWARE PT. 2
10 | LONELYHEARTS PT. 1
11 | LONELYHEARTS PT. 2
12 | LONELYHEARTS PT. 3
13 | DANSE MACABRE PT. 1
14 | DANSE MACABRE PT. 2
15 | DANSE MACABRE PT. 3
16 | THE THREE BAD WOLVES PT. 1
17 | THE THREE BAD WOLVES PT. 2
18 | THE THREE BAD WOLVES PT. 3
19 | LET DOWN YOUR HAIR PT. 1
20 | LET YOUR HAIR DOWN PT. 2
21 | LET YOUR HAIR DOWN PT. 3
22 | GAME OGRE PT. 1
23 | GAME OGRE PT. 2
24 | GAME OGRE PT. 3
25 | OF MOUSE AND MAN PT. 1
26 | OF MOUSE AND MAN PT. 2
27 | OF MOUSE AND MAN PT. 3
28 | ORGAN GRINDER PT. 1
29 | ORGAN GRINDER PT. 2
30 | ORGAN GRINDER PT 3
31 | TARANTELLA PT. 1
32 | TARANTELLA PT. 2
33 | TARANTELLA PT. 3
34 | LAST GRIMM STANDING PT. 1
35 | THE LAST GRIMM STANDING PT. 2
36 | THE LAST GRIMM STANDING PT. 3
37 | THREE COINS IN A FUCHSBAU PT. 1
38 | THREE COINS IN A FUCHSBAU PT. 2
39 | THREE COINS IN A FUCHSBAU PT. 3
40 | PLUMED SERPENT PT. 1
41 | PLUMED SERPENT PT. 2
42 | PLUMED SERPENT PT. 3
43 | ISLAND OF DREAMS PT. 1
44 | ISLAND OF DREAMS PT. 2
45 | ISLAND OF DREAMS PT. 3

09 | BEEWARE PT. 3

3.7K 114 6
By -jxsperhxle

✯ ✯ ✯

"Damn." Hank curses walking into the human sized beehive.

"Yeah, well, I guess everyone has hobbies. This woman's just happens to be bees." Isabelle remarks.

"Forensics says this stuff is a preliminary match to the apitoxin in Serena's system." Nick states.

"Which clears our beekeepers and makes Melissa our primary suspect." Isabelle interjects.

"She didn't sell this place or buy a new one. It's like she just picked up and disappeared." Hank pauses. "Now can either of you tell me how in the hell you found this woman and her hive?"

"Well, it's all in the legal files. We read them last night. Everything's connected — Shellow, Coleman, the mill, even Serena." Nick quickly explains.

"You could've called me." Hank says.

"You were on bedrest because you were, as Juliet puts it, their flower. Remember?" Isabelle reminds him.

"Eh, fine. Alright. So connect the dots." Hank challenges.

"Well, messy class action lawsuit about a year ago. Serena represented Ameri-mill in a hostile takeover of Primrose Paper. The employees tried to fight it but they lost." Nick tells him.

"Let me guess — two of those employees were Doug Shellow and John Coleman." Hank comments.

"Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner." Isabelle grins. "And not only that. Melissa was their boss. It was family owned and operated for over a century. So in Melissa's eyes Serena tarnished a family legacy."

"So she's taking revenge on Serena for getting her company shut down." Hank muses.

"Detectives, Sergeant Wu just called from Chapman Square. There's been another flash mob murder." Officer Riaz informs them.

"Another flash mob murder?" Isabelle inquires turning to Nick and Hank. "Looks like Melissa has more bees to fry than just Serena."

✯ ✯ ✯

"Another tweet, another flash mob. This time death by Hokey Pokey." Wu begins once they reach the crime scene.

"Hokey Pokey? What is this person — five?" Isabelle questions.

"Witnesses say the victim was doing her morning yoga routine when it started. Eye in the sky caught it all." Wu continues.

"Shellow or Coleman in the group?" Nick asks.

"Nope. Whole new set of flash mobbers this time." Wu answers. "But UNI's grabbed Shellow and Coleman about an hour ago. They're at the precinct. Both are staying silent until they lawyer up."

"Suspects refusing to talk until they have a lawyer? Ooh, what a shocker." Isabelle sarcastically retorts.

"Tell me you got a solid lead on this." Renard urges as the three detectives reach the body.

"We're zeroing in on a suspect, Melissa Wincroft." Hank replies.

"That's Camilla Gotleib. She was on the Primrose Paper case with Serena." Nick muses.

"Two dead lawyers from the same firm? I'd say we got ourselves a pattern." Renard comments.

"Was anyone else on the case?" Isabelle inquires.

"Yeah, I read the file. There was a third lawyer on the case." Nick says, quickly pulling out his phone as they rush back to the car. "This is Detective Burkhardt. Send a unit to Berman, Rautbort, and Associates, and take an attorney into protective custody. Her name is Adalind Schade."

✯ ✯ ✯

"Miss Schade." Renard greets leading the three detectives inside of his office, all three of them watching as a blonde turns to face them. And Isabelle wasn't sure why, but there was something very creepily familiar about the blonde. "I'm Captain Renard. These are Detectives Burkhardt, Kessler, and Griffin."

"Detectives, thank you." Adalind responds smiling.

"You can thank Detective Burkhardt. He's the one who figured it all out." Renard informs her.

"Actually, I'm still trying to piece it all together." Nick responds.

"But don't worry, we're getting there." Isabelle interjects before sending her cousin a confused look.

"We need to ask you a few questions if you're up for it. Can I offer you a cup of coffee?" Hank asks.

"Thanks." Adalind nods.

Isabelle watches closely as Adalind, Hank, and Renard walk out the door, waiting before they're out of hearing range before turning to Nick.

"Okay, what the hell is going on? You look like you're about to choke on a hair ball." Isabelle comments.

"That woman — she's the one that tried to kill Aunt Marie before sticking the needle in me." Nick explains.

"What?" Isabelle gasps as she processes the information that Nick just gave her. Looking out the glass Isabelle watches as Adalind smiles and takes a sip of her coffee. "That bitch is going down."

"Izzy, no." Nick shakes his head, quickly grabbing her arm and pulling her back before she reaches the door. "I'm as angry as you are, but you can't lose your temper. Especially not here."

"Then what do you suggest we do?" Isabelle questions.

"So we know Adalind is a Hexenbiest, right?" Nick inquires.

"Yes, she's a Hexen-bitch. I'm pretty sure her trying to kill my mom proved that." Isabelle retorts. "What's your point?"

"That maybe this isn't just about some case. Maybe it's about what they are — and what Adalind is." Nick explains.

"Well, maybe. But how are we suppose to find that out? The other two girls are dead." Isabelle reminds him.

"Their tongues." Nick states. "The book said that Hexenbiests have marks on their tongues. And if that's what they were the mark should still be there."

"Alright. Let's go look at some tongues." Isabelle agrees before heading downstairs to the morgue. "Harper, we need to see their tongues."

"Whatever floats your boat." Harper remarks opening the cooler. "Bodies were so swollen I had to cut them out just to get a look inside. Here they are."

"Is there anything strange on either of them?" Nick asks as Harper picks up one of the tongue with a pair of tongs.

"Hm. That?" Harper muses pointing to a small mark on the back of the tongue.

"What kind of mark is that?" Isabelle questions.

"I thought that was weird, too." Harper replies handing the tongue to Nick and picks up the other tongue. "See — but they're not tattoos. These marks have nothing to do with their deaths. Who would do this hideous thing to these girls?"

"I guess that's part of our job." Isabelle says as Nick places the tongue back in the jar. "Come on, Nick. Let's go."

✯ ✯ ✯

"I can't believe she could have done this to Serena and Camilla." Adalind frowns as Nick and Isabelle walk in.

"People are capable of all sorts of things." Isabelle retorts sitting down. "I mean, you are a lawyer. You should be used to inner workings of an immoral compass."

"I guess so." Adalind nods.

"Even so, we don't want you to be next." Hank says. "Now, Miss Schade.."

"Please, call me Adalind. All my friends do." Adalind smiles facing Hank.

"All your friends are dead." Nick states, and Isabelle can't help cracking a smile as defeat appears in Adalind's eyes. "I mean, it just seems more personal than a business transaction to me. Eye for an eye sort of thing — like you hurt someone close to her or something."

"Some people don't get the big picture. I was just doing my job." Adalind defends.

"Just like how we are just doing ours — which is to find out the truth." Isabelle replies. "Surely that's understandable."

"Absolutely." Adalind grins, but Isabelle knew that it was forced.

"You wouldn't happen to be hiding anything from us, would you Miss Schade?" Nick inquires.

"No more than you guys." Adalind informs them looking between Isabelle and Nick, instantly causing the cousins to become tense. "Look, I wish I could tell you something more about Melissa Wincroft, but I really didn't know her. I told you, it wasn't personal."

"Isn't everything, though?" Isabelle counters.

"Very intelligent, Detective. You must have had a wise mother growing up." Adalind comments flashing a smile, and Isabelle has to bite down on her tongue in order to not retaliate.

"Well, if it were me and someone tried to take something important away from me I'd take it very personally." Nick interjects.

"You know, let's take a break. Excuse us, Adalind." Hank suggests standing up. "You guys coming?"

"Don't worry, we're coming." Isabelle reassures him standing up as she and Nick follow Hank out the door. "God, I hate lawyers. Always know the answer to everything."

"What's up with you guys? Both of you are treating her like she's the perp." Hank muses.

"I don't trust her." Nick remarks.

"Not to mention the fact that she's an obvious bitch." Isabelle adds.

"It's a good thing you don't have to trust her. You just have to protect her." Hank argues. "Come on, guys. We got to track down Melissa Wincroft."

✯ ✯ ✯

"No credit card activity, no travel, no sign of Melissa Wincroft in the system." Hank announces to Isabelle and Nick.

"So we're dealing with a system ghost, great." Isabelle scoffs rolling her eyes.

"She's got no known family." Nick adds.

"Friends?" Hank asks.

"Well, we know about John Coleman and Doug Shellow — but I doubt she's going to be calling them." Nick reminds him.

"They look usually gets us in trouble." Hank frowns as he turns to Nick.

"Well, she might not be getting in touch with them. But what if they got in touch with her?" Nick inquires.

"Unlikely scenario for two hundred please." Isabelle retorts with a sarcastic smile as she raises her hand in the air.

"She's right. Wu says Shellow's not cooperating until he sees a lawyer." Hank informs him.

"We don't need him to cooperate. We just need him to do what he does best, send a message." Nick states. "And he doesn't know we're protecting Adalind Schade."

"And neither does Melissa Wincroft." Hank muses.

"It's worth a try." Nick shrugs before heading off to Doug's interrogation room.

"Alright, I bet twenty bucks this won't work." Hank says turning to Isabelle.

"Oh, you are so on." Isabelle smirks shaking his hand. "Just watch, Griffin. Us Burkhardt's and Kessler's are pretty much known for getting our way one way or another."

✯               ✯               ✯

"Nice work." Nick compliments Wu. "Now let's hope Melissa Wincroft takes the bate."

"Do you really think this will work?" Adalind asks as Nick hangs up on the phone.

"We wouldn't be here if we didn't think that it would." Isabelle retorts, placing the magazine in her hands back on the coffee table. "Don't worry, Miss Schade. You'll be back in your luxury penthouse in no time."

"Thanks, detectives. This is probably a big inconvenience for you." Adalind says.

"Oh, we're just doing our jobs. Nothing more." Nick states.

"Anyone want some room service?" Hank inquires.

"I'm not really hungry." Adalind admits.

"I'll have a bubbly water and preferably a magazine that's not from the early two thousands." Isabelle responds.

"Izzy, this is Portland. Not Beverly Hills." Hank reminds her, to which Isabelle just rolls her eyes. "How about some tea? Chamomile is nice — and relaxing."

"Sure." Adalind smiles.

"Nature's full of powerful concoctions." Nick comments walking past her and over to Hank.

"I'm going to make yours a double." Hank warns. "Come on, Nick. There's got to be a coffee maker around here somewhere."

"Alright, enough with the dumb blonde act. Me and my cousin know what you are." Isabelle remarks, glaring at her as Nick and Hank walk down the hallway.

"I'm an attorney." Adalind nods.

"Oh, so being a Hexenbiest is just a hobby then? My bad. I'm still working on this whole monster thing." Isabelle tells her with a smile. "Look, I saw the marks on Serena and Camilla. And let's just say they were as ugly as you are."

"Detective, I don't know.." Adalind starts.

"You tried to kill my mom in the hospital but got my cousin instead — who survived by the way, in case you haven't noticed." Isabelle informs her. "So, were they in it with you? Or was it all you? Were you just trying to prove yourself to them?"

"I don't have to prove anything." Adalind answers.

"Fine, play the victim. You'll end up dead soon anyways." Isabelle shrugs. "Speaking of, why on earth do the Mellifers want you dead?"

"You're a detective — figure it out." Adalind snaps.

"As much as I would love to help you out, I can't. You're not being straight with me. And if I don't have the right facts, then I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to help you." Isabelle replies.

"You have no idea what you're in the middle of." Adalind shakes her head.

"Exactly my point. So now, if you don't mind, how about we.." Isabelle begins when she hears Nick and Hank yelling for help. "Stay here."

"Here — take this." Nick says handing her a can of Febreze as she enters the bathroom, which was being overtaken by buzzing bees.

"What the hell happened in here?" Isabelle questions.

"I don't know. It's like they're coming after us." Hank muses when suddenly they all go out the window. "Where are they going?"

"Oh, no." Isabelle sighs before racing back out to the main room. "Adalind, Adalind!"

✯ ✯ ✯

"No sign of forced entry." Nick says as they race out into the hallway.

"Why would she run?" Hank questions.

"Well, maybe it's the fact that someone is trying to kill her." Isabelle responds.

"Button's still lit — she didn't take it!" Nick muses.

"Come on, we might be able to catch her." Isabelle urges as they burst into the stairwell.

"Izzy, you go down. Me and Hank will go up." Nick instructs.

Isabelle quickly races down about five sets of stairs before noticing a blonde woman on the stairs — it was Adalind. But before Isabelle can catch up to her Adalind continues down the stairs.

"Son of a bitch." Isabelle groans and chases after her, going down another three set of stairs before reaching the basement. Forcing the door open she finds a swarm of bees — and Melissa Wincroft. "Stay back, put the needle down, and place your hands behind your head."

"I have to kill her. You don't understand." Melissa shakes her head.

"You don't have to do anything, Miss Wincroft. Because you're under arrest for the murders of Serena Dunbrook and Camilla Gotlieb." Isabelle informs her, slowly walking towards the woman as she pulls out her gun.

"I did it to protect you — and your cousin." Melissa states.

"Thanks for the concern, but we don't need your protection." Isabelle assures her.

"We're Clarions. We send the warning call. We're on your side." Melissa tells her.

"And you're trying to prove that by killing those women?" Isabelle asks.

"The lawsuit — it was a conspiracy to get rid of us. They're not just lawyers." Melissa explains turning around.

"I know what they are. But that doesn't make killing them right. Those two women are still dead." Isabelle retorts following her.

"Two Hexenbiests." Melissa exclaims turning back to Isabelle. "Closing the mill was their way of stopping us from warming you and your cousin."

"Warn us? Warn us about what?" Isabelle inquires as Melissa hides behind a

"Something's coming. Something bad." Melissa replies. "I have to finish this."

"Melissa, don't!" Isabelle nods as Melissa takes off. Racing after her she finds Melissa and Adalind fighting in their Hexenbiest and Mellifer forms. She tries to intervene, but then a large swarm of bees surrounds her. "Melissa, stop. Please, don't do this."

"This isn't your problem. Don't make a mistake." Adalind sneers and swings a metal pipe at Melissa.

"She'll harm you, don't listen to her!" Melissa begs dodging Adalind.

"Do your job!" Adalind snaps.

"Melissa, I'm sorry. But you've given me no choice." Isabelle frowns pushing her way through the swarm of bees as she points her gun at her.

"You're a Grimm — that's more important!" Melissa pleads.

"Help me, please! She killed my friends!" Adalind cries as Nick and Hank burst in.

Melissa turns to stab Hank with the needle but Isabelle quickly shoots her gun at her. Nick rushes over to Isabelle, squeezing her in a tight hug.

"He's coming for you two." Melissa chokes out dropping to her knees.

"Who?" Nick questions.

"Beware." Melissa warns, falling to the ground as all the bees drop dead.

"What just happened?" Isabelle asks.

"I have no idea." Nick answers as they turn to Adalind, who was giving them a knowing look.

✯ ✯ ✯

A/N: Hey everyone. First of all, I want to say thank you guys for supporting this story. It means the absolute world to me. And second of all, I would like to apologize for not updating. What can I say? Life happens. But I'm back, with my longest chapter no less, and ready to write like crazy. Xoxo, Ashley 💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.6K 1.1K 79
Sometimes being a hunter and a witch isn't the best combination, Crystal Winchester learns that the hard way. Welcome home Crystal Winchester, Mystic...
264K 5.5K 45
My 1st MCU Story! Enjoy!
59.3K 1.5K 27
𝐂𝐡𝐥𝐨𝐞 𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐉𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 �...
718 40 9
" Always and Forever they promised each other. But what happens when one of them breaks that promise. " ||Season 1||