Cliches | Yoonmin

By orangexmint

"This is so cliche," "Is it?" "You're my boss," "Is that wrong?" "I never said that," "I want you, Jimin," "I... More

Author's Note
character profiles
Clichรฉs
prologue
oo1
oo2
oo3
oo4
oo5
oo6
oo7
oo8
oo9 (m?)
o1o
breaking news
o11
o12
o13
o14
o15
o16
o17
o18
breaking news
o19
o2o
o21
o22 (m)
o23
o24
o25
o26
o27
o28 (m)
o29
o3o
o31
o32
o33
breaking news
breaking news
breaking news
o34
o35
o36
o37
o38
o39
breaking news
breaking news
breaking news
o4o
o41
o42
o43
o44
o45 (m)
breaking news
breaking news
breaking news
o46
o47
o48
o49
o50
breaking news
o51
o52
o53 (m)
breaking news
breaking news
o54
o55
o56
breaking news
Epilogue
Author's Note
bonus chapter - tangled...I see what you did there
bonus chapter - I do

ooo

5.6K 238 87
By orangexmint

Wednesday

_______

TO SAY THAT HE WAS FRUSTRATED WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT. Min Yoongi was not only frustrated, but he was stressed, exhausted, and about five seconds away from breaking somebody's neck. How hard was it for someone to get him a cup of coffee? Especially when he drank his coffee black. Honestly, it wasn't that hard, but for Yoongi's assistant, it was. It didn't matter what you told him, he found someway to fuck it up. Yoongi had met a lot of stupid people, but this one took the cake. His assistant had three simple instructions.

One: go across the street to Mei's Cafe

Two: get him a large, black, coffee

Three: return with said coffee

And yet, twenty minutes later, he was holding what looked like an abomination to him in his hands. It wasn't even coffee, it was just warm milk, murdered with sugar of all kinds. And was that honey he tasted? The man closed his eyes and clenched his jaw. He took several deep breaths, trying to calm his mood, but it seemed to have worsened by the time he opened his eyes.

Needless to say when his staff saw him come down the hallway, half tossing, half chucking the cup of coffee into the nearest bin, they knew what was coming. Yoongi pushed the door to the small office open. It crashed against the wall startling everyone within a five foot radius. None of his staff looked over at them. They knew better. They kept to themselves, but braced for the furious voice that was bound to echo through the whole floor.

The assistant behind the desk jumped, and when he saw Yoongi, he cowered in fear. "M-Mr. Min, c-c-can I help you?" He stammered.

"You. Are. Fired." Yoongi hissed, enunciating every word. "You have five minutes to pack your things and get out." And without another word, he spun on his heel, slamming the door shut behind him. He stalked back to his office angrily, opting to take the stairs and not the elevator. This to some, would seem absolutely ridiculous considering his office was on the 20th floor, and his assistant's was on the 11th. He stormed past more of his employees who all hurled themselves out of the way, not wanting to risk an encounter with their angry boss. He was not a force to be reckoned with. He made a sharp right hand turn, and shoved his office door open. He didn't noticed his best friend, and business partner, Kim Namjoon seated on the black leather sofa, hands folded neatly in his lap. He waited for Yoongi to sit down at his desk, before announcing his presence.

"That's the third assistant this month," Namjoon sighed, startling the older. Yoongi glared in his direction, arms resting on his desk.

"You don't think I realize that?" Yoongi replied, venom laced in hiswords. "I'm not stupid,"

"I thought you liked Han," Yoongi gave Namjoon another look, the lookof utter disbelief. Namjoon already knew the answer to his question,but he still couldn't help but say it anyways.

"Liked? The poor boy is a fucking idiot. I asked for a black coffee today, Joon, BLACK and this boy brings me some sort of iced honey Macchiato abomination. He can't follow simple instructions. Every single task I've asked him to do, I end up having to do myself because he can't.I can't do a million different things and run a company Namjoon. It doesn't matter if I have you or Hoseok helping me out,there are things that still have to get done, and I can't have to stress about the smallest things like making sure trainees know when their auditions are, or scheduling photo shoots. I have meetings to attend to, a-and," Yoongi groaned in frustration, running both hands through his hair. Namjoon could tell he was stressing, and it didn't help that this was one of their busiest months of the year. Yoongi was right. He couldn't afford to worry about the small things, and even if he or Hoseok were to pick up some of the slack, it wouldn't help. He let out another sigh, and rose to his feet.

"I'll see if I can find you someone more competent than Han," Namjoon told him. "Hoseok and I will handle the list of things he was supposed to do today, you should go home and rest. Kimi, Choi, and Jungsoo can handle it."

"Namjoon-"

"That's an order. You're exhausted, and trying to work while your tired is going to end in a disaster, you know that," Yoongi sighed.

"Okay, okay, I'll go home,"

"You better," Namjoon said, not bothering to look over his shoulder at him as he opened his office door. "If you're still here in half an hour, I will personally drag you home, or worse–" Namjoon slightly turned in Yoongi's direction now. "– I'll have Jin drag you home,"

Yoongi swallowed the lump that had risen in his throat. "You wouldn't,"

"Then I suggest you get going," He slipped through the doorway, and shut the door gently behind him. Sighing for the umpteenth time that day, Yoongi rose from his chair, and began collecting things from his desk, shoving them into his briefcase. He grabbed the stack of folders off his desk and made his way for the exit.

In the hall, not even five steps from his office, Yoongi was joined instep by his secretary Kimi. Kimi was five foot exactly, had the blackest hair you had ever seen, and always kept a cigarette behind her left ear. Despite her height, she managed to keep up with Yoongi, who's long strides equaled three of hers. In her right hand she held a small notebook, and in her left, a coffee. "Namjoon said you've fired your assistant. Again." she grumbled, taking the stack of folders from him. "What am I going to do with you?"

"He was incompetent," Yoongi replied. She let out her own frustrated sigh, and passed him the coffee cup.

"Large, black, nothing else, just like you asked for," she stated.

"You're a god send,"

"Well this god send is sending you home. You're going to leave, take a hot shower, maybe get laid, and I don't want to see you back here until at least Friday – Ah! No arguing, you need a break from all this madness, the company isn't going to collapse if you leave for a day. It'll do us all some good, now fuck off so I can get to work," Yoongi let out a deep laugh, and stopped outside the elevator doors.

"Goodnight Kimi. I'll see you Friday morning."

"Any sooner and I'll kick you out," she said with a grin.

Yoongi was greeted by his puppy when he stumbled into his home. There was no traffic coming back, which was a surprise seeing how there's always traffic, but it was nice to be able to drive straight home without having to sit on the highway for hours upon end. He set the briefcase down by the door, and kicked his shoes off. "Hi Holly," he said, bending over to pat the dog on the head. "I'll feed you in just a second,"

Slipping a hand under his tie, and pulled on the soft fabric as he made his way up the stairs to his room. He could hear Holly trailing behind him, whining as he struggled to make it up the steps. Yoongi rolled his eyes, turned around, and scooped up the small dog, carrying it the rest of the way up. It was moments like this where he wondered why he'd bought such an enormous home. He didn't need it, he would have been perfectly content in an apartment, a bachelor's pad as some referred it too. But Yoongi was a man of solitude. He liked to be alone more often than not, and so a house was the perfect choice. It was just him, and his dog, and his nearest neighbor was a 20 minute walk away, at least a ten minutes drive. There was no one around to bother him, or his neighbors. People who lived here liked to be alone, and he was okay with that.

He set Holly down on the floor when he reached the landing and proceeded to shrug of his shirt, and jacket, tossing them in the hamper of one of his many bathrooms. He kept discarding clothes as he neared his bedroom, tossing them wherever, some on the floor, some on the chair. He'd clean them up afterwards if Seo-Ah, his maid, doesn't beat him too it. Until then, he'd just leave them discarded around his house.

He made a beeline for his bathroom and by the time he reached it he was completely naked. He considered it a perk of living alone. He could do whatever he liked, whenever he liked, and however he liked. Being naked in his own home was one of those many things. He turned the tap on in the shower, and twisted the knob all the way on the hot side.He was never one for cold showers. He liked the way the burning water felt. He stepped under the running water, and let the heat take over, relaxing his muscles.

He stayed under there for what felt like hours, and only when the water ran ice cold down his back did he get out of the shower. He grabbed afresh towel from the hook outside the curtain and wrapped it around his waist. He grabbed another, smaller towel, and ran it over his hair, towel drying it to an extent before chucking it into the basket by the door.

Still in his towel, Yoongi made his way back downstairs, followed by an enthusiastic and hungry Holly practically galloping down the steps with ease. For a dog that took forever coming up the stairs, he had no problem getting down them. Yoongi chuckled softly to himself in amusement. Holly was quite the character and in his mind, it was like caring for a child as opposed to a puppy. Min Holly was his baby.

Yoongi flicked the lights on in the kitchen and was blinded by a bright lights. His kitchen was illuminated by the harsh lighting and it took his eyes a few minutes to adjust to them. Holly ran around the kitchen excitedly while he fixed his dinner for him. In the process of getting Holly's food, Yoongi checked the fridge. Seo-Ah had already been here, because the top half of his fridge had been filled with tupperware containers, labeled with what sort of food was in there. The rest of his fridge had been stocked as well. She had done groceries too. Yoongi shut the fridge door and was greeted with a note.

Dear Yoongi,

I am sorry to inform you that I can't come in tonight, my son is sick,and my husband can't stay home with him. He has an important job interview that he can't miss. I've already called Kimi to let her know, but in case she hasn't informed you, I am leaving you this note. I've cooked, restocked your fridge, and cleaned. Your suits are at the dry-cleaners and I shall pick them up on my way in tomorrow morning. Your laundry has been done and has either been put away or is folded neatly in the laundry room.

You have four important messages, I've written them down for you, and placed it in your office. They are on top of the red binder next to the phone.

Also, your packages have arrived, Jackson carried them in for me, and they are in your studio.

I'm sorry that I can't be there for you tonight, I will make it up to you.

Sincerely,

Seo-Ah

p.s. Your mother called

Yoongi made a face and made a mental note to call his mother before the evening way over. He finished fixing Holly's dinner, and carried it over to the balcony door. Holly was waiting patiently for him, half sitting half standing in his spot. The puppy sat down fully, however, once Yoongi reached him because he knew that Yoongi wouldn't set the bowl down until he was properly seated. "Good boy," Yoongi hummed, setting the bowl in front of him. Holly quickly lent down and began lapping up his dinner.

While Holly ate, Yoongi returned his room, discarded his towel and dressed in sweats and a sweater. He checked the messages that Seo-Ah had left for him in his office, wrote down the most important ones in his phone, and then headed back to the kitchen to fix his own dinner. He paid no attention as he pulled one of the containers out of the fridge and dumped it into a bowl. He shoved it in the microwave and grabbed a pair of chopsticks from the drawer. He grabbed a glass from the cupboard and a bottle of red wine from the cabinet and poured himself a generous glass. With his food in one hand and his wine in the other, Yoongi padded over to the balcony door and slid it open with his foot. Holly looked up at him. "Coming?" he mumbled to the puppy. Holly hobbled out onto the deck, and Yoongi followed closely behind. He made himself comfortable on one of the deckchairs, setting his food in between his legs and his wine on the table.

He ate in silence, only pausing to throw Holly's toy onto the grass every so often. It was moments like this he looked forward to the most. He loved coming home to his dog, and being able to just relax and not stress about his job. He loved the quiet of the country. He never did like the city, there were too many bad memories that outweighed the good ones. It was out here that he felt the most content with his life, and his success, but there was still a part of him that was missing. He just couldn't figure out what that was.

Yoongi grabbed his phone off the table and dialed his mother's number. Holly came running over the a mangled rope hanging from his mouth. Yoongi grabbed it playfully, shaking it loose from Holly's mouth and tossed it as far as it could go. His mother picked up on the third ring."Hello?"

"Hello mother," Yoongi replied, leaning back in the chair.

"Yoongi, darling, how are you?" his mother asked. He could hear her shuffling around in the background and the sound of something sizzling filled his ears. She must be cooking dinner for her and his father.

"I'm stressed, but that's what happens when you run a business. Stressful things happen,"

"Mmm," was his mother's response. She knew very well what Yoongi meant, regardless of the fact that she never ran a business before. She knew what it was like to work hard though, and having to get the job done even when you didn't want to. "Work is stressful right now?"

"Yes," Yoongi sighed, not really wanting to discuss his work with her. He didn't want to get lectured.

"Well I know you, and you'll do just fine. You always have,"

A tiny weight lifted itself from Yoongi's chest. His parents had never fully supported his interest in music growing up. "Music is a hobby, not a career," His father always told him. "You can't make it in the real world doing music. Find yourself a suitable job when you're older, Yoongi," And yet at 19, Yoongi did make it. His song Give It To Me topped the charts at #1 for three months straight and then right before his 20th birthday, he, Hoseok and Namjoon dropped Cypher Pt. 1 which launched their careers. A year later they built their company, and now they were one of the biggest entertainment companies of Korea, debuting many successful groups such as TXT and Stray Kids. And while there was still some disapproval, Yoongi's parents made their best efforts to be supportive. His father still wished that he would go out and get a proper job, but Yoongi could hear how proud he was of him in his voice whenever they spoke. He might not come out and say it, but he knew it and that was what mattered. And his mother did her best to ask questions and try and engage in conversation with him about what he did. She would still have him play for family and friends at family functions, and would smile in the corner. So the fact that his mother chose not to argue or lecture him tonight about the stress of his work, and instead said something encouraging to him made him feel a lot better. It gave him hope, which was a rare thing for him to feel. Yoongi wasn't one to feel hopeful.

"Thanks Ma," He replied quietly.

"You're welcome," she responded in an equally soft tone. There was a couple of seconds of silence before Yoongi's mother cleared her throat. "You're father's birthday is coming up soon, can I say that you'll be here? Or will work interfere?"

"I'll be there," Yoongi told her. He never let work interfere with family. It was a bonus of running his own company. He could easily schedule around his work.

"Will you be bringing anyone?"

And there it was. That missing piece of his life that he needed to fix. He was still single. Yoongi hadn't been in a relationship since high school and it did not last well. Yoongi made a face even though she couldn't see.

"Mother, you know-"

"And I have said several times that I do not care about who you bring home, I just want to see you be happy. That's all I have ever wanted," And Yoongi could not have been more grateful for that. His parents were fully aware of his sexuality, and anyone who really knew him, knew that he preferred men, and they had both been accepting. But he could tell that his mother wished he was into girls, because he knew how much she wanted to be a grandmother.

"I don't know, Mother, I'm not seeing anyone at the moment," Yoongi explained. "-but should I chance upon someone I find interesting enough, I'll bring them, alright?"

"That's good enough for me. Now If you don't mind, I need to get back to dinner because your father is eyeing me from his spot. He's starving," Yoongi chuckled.

"Of course. Goodnight mother,"

"Goodnight baby," Yoongi hung up the phone and set it back down on the table.Holly had returned to his side and dropped the rope onto his lap. He laughed again, and picked it up.

"How are you not tired?" Yoongi mused, patting the top of Holly's head.He chucked the rope into the sky, watching Holly chase after it eagerly. "Silly dog," He lent back in his chair again and let out a content sigh. It was so easy to come home and forget about the stress of work. He closed his eyes, and exhaled. He wished it could stay like this forever.

this chapter is a lot longer than I expected it to be and while I am not a fan of the ending, I like where this is going a lot better than the original. please bare with me as I continue to write this story

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

727 15 14
"hello, welcome to mcdonalds, how can I help you? in which the drive thru voice was a bit too attractive for jeon jungkook.
175K 7.1K 33
"Fine then LEAVE!"
384K 15.4K 60
" What are you? " " What am I? Or what am I capable of? " " Both? " " Why don't I show you what I'm capable of? "