Not a Ghoul [Kaneki Ken x Rea...

By tsubame-chi

[Tokyo Ghoul Fanfic] [Kaneki Ken x Reader] You passed the scene of the crime and followed the man who got inj... More

Chapter 1: Kaneki Ken
Chapter 2: Secret No More
Chapter 3: Wound
Chapter 4: I Will Protect You
Chapter 5: For His Sake, I Will...
Chapter 6: Die, Die, Die
Chapter 8: The Raid
Chapter 9: Latebloomer
Chapter 10: Hunger
Chapter 11: Instincts
Chapter 12: Memories
Chapter 13: Fireworks
Chapter 14: Surprise Attack
Chapter 15: A Night Together (LEMON)
Chapter 16: Confined
Chapter 17: A Miracle
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 7: Your Feelings and Mines

17.6K 685 1.3K
By tsubame-chi

It has been a while since you and Kaneki last normally spoke to each other. Ever since that kiss, things got awkward between you two. When you arrived at Anteiku, you greeted each other and then you guys just awkwardly not talk to each other.

Touka stood behind the counter feeling a bit irritated by the awkwardness. "Hey. Did something happen between you two?"

You choked on your drink while Kaneki flinched. Touka eyed at the both of you which made me sweat. "I-it's nothing...!" you stuttered. Touka sighed and continued serving the customers. She thought it would be too troublesome to investigate further into your relationship.

"Bonjourrrr~" A tall purple man wearing a funky red suit entered the door. He sat down a table in front you. He seemed to be interested in Kaneki since he kept glancing at him which surely made Kaneki uncomfortable. He had a handkerchief wrapped inside his hand and once in a while, he would sniff it and blush.

As you were about to to get up and move out of the cafe, you felt a grip on your wrist. "Wait, (First name)-chan. I have to talk to you. Just wait for me." The eye-patched boy sighed in relief as he let you go and went to upstairs to change.

You sat back down and looked forward to see the tall purple haired man right in front of you. "Miss, what kind of relationship do you have with Kaneki?" He sipped once of his cup of coffee.

What kind of relationship? You thought. You wondered about it. Just what kind of relationship did you and Kaneki have? "Just friends....I guess.."you mumbled. He looked relieved from what you said and started to introduce himself. "I'm Tsukiyama Shuu. Everything about me is tres bien~ Someone like me is perfect to be by Kaneki's side~"

You were kind of disgusted at first but then...something extraordinary happened. You covered you nose and mouth with your hands. 'What is this smell?' you wondered. It was the smell of blood and you could see a faint red mist hovering above the handkerchief he was clenching onto. Your eyes were set on that handkerchief. It was something that you never smelled before and it smelled....awfully good.

You shook your head away from those thoughts. You don't know what just happened. You sniffed the air once again and the smell was gone. Perhaps it was your own imagination. "Sorry for the wait, (First name)-chan." he slipped his jacket on and came into eye contact with Tsukiyama.

"Tsukiyama...." His face showed a bit of hatred towards the man. He quickly grabbed your hand. "Let's go, (First name)-chan." You turned around to look at Tsukiyama as Kaneki was dragging you. He licked his lips as he sniffed the handkerchief again.

--------

You and Kaneki walked towards a nearby park. "He didn't do anything to you, did he?" His face was full of concern. You smiled, "He didn't do anything, Kaneki-san. So what did you want to talk about?"

His ears and cheeks flushed with a tin of pink. "Well, uh...," he began. "I just want to talk about-"

RING RING.

You phone just rang in the middle of the conversation. It was from your best friend. "Sorry, Kaneki-san. I'll take this phone call first." He slowly nodded.

"Hello?" you called out. No one answered back. You could hear someone sobbing in the background. "(F-first name)!! (Best friend's name)....Please come here...!" It wasn't your best friend speaking. It was his mom. You were worried that something might've happened to him.

"Where are you at?" Within a few seconds you ended the call and turned to Kaneki. "Kaneki-san, I'm sorry but I have to go somewhere!"

Kaneki was confused and decided to run after you. "W-wait..!"

----

You arrived at the room in a hospital. Your best friend's parents were grieving and sobbing in front of a body covered in a blanket and a thin layer of paper over his face. Your eyes widened as your legs gave out strength.

He...was dead.

You crawled to the deathbed and lifted up the thin paper to make sure it was him. You just couldn't believe it. He was just fine the other day, yet...how can such a tragedy happen? Tears rolled down your face nonstop as you collapsed into misery.

He....had a girlfriend. He had a life, a future. Yet...it was all taken from him.

Because of me.

That was the only conclusion you could come up with. You remembered what the stalker said before. He said he already did a bad thing. With your knowledge, you assumed that he was the one who killed him. It was all because of yourself that your best friend died. You couldn't blame no other since it was your own existence that took his life away.

You felt a warm pat on your back. You didn't bother to turn around and let his arms wrap around you.

Kaneki was there. He always was. Just what could you do without him?

Your cries mixed in with the quiet sniffs from the parents. You sniffed until you heard loud stomping footsteps of someone running in the hall. The door was slammed open alerting everyone's eyes to face the doorway. A pretty girl with strawberry blonde hair pushed you and Kaneki over to the side and kneeled beside the bed, touching your best friend's face.

"(Best friend's name)...." Tiny droplets of water formed in her eyes. She then looked over to you. "You...!" She walked over to you and lifted you up on the collar. "What did you do to him?!" She screamed at your face. "It was you, huh!"

You didn't deny it. It was partially your fault after all. Before you can apologize to her, Kaneki separated you two apart.

Then she screamed the words you never wanted to hear. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU KILLED HIM! YOU FUCKING KILLED HIM! I WISH YOU SHOULD'VE DIED IN HIS PLACE YOU BITCH!"

You just stared at the girl, eyes widened and you could feel the space around you get smaller.

No. It's not me. I didn't kill him. I didn't kill him. It's not my fault. I'm not a murderer. So stop blaming me. Please....

It's... not me.

You quickly ran out of the hospital room. You couldn't bear to hear it anymore.

It was raining hard outside. Your clothes were wet and you didn't know where you were. You just ran to wherever. You didn't care. You turned to look behind you and Kaneki wasn't there. "Kaneki-san...? Kaneki-san...?" He didn't appear. When he's not with you, you felt unprotected. You dropped down to the ground and wrapped your arms around you legs.

"Oya, oya. Look what we have here. A human!" You looked up to find that you were surrounded by two ghouls. They got closer to you and thought they were going to hurt you, but it turned out they were sniffing you. "Oi, she smells just like him." One said to the other. The other sniffed you and backed away in shock.

"Shit. She's the woman he was after, huh." The two ghouls snickered to each other. "Since he's dead...that means we can take her right? He boasted about that one time he are her, right?"

One of them caught hold of your arm and shut your eyes close and heard a splashing sound.

You weren't hurt. You opened your eyes to see a large hole on the ghoul's stomach. He screamed and clutched his stomach. The both of them went into "red eye" mode and faced the attacker.

"Kaneki-san...!" You couldn't believe what you were seeing. Kaneki was in his ghoul mode and he revealed everything to you.

You sat there surprised as you watched Kaneki fought back against them. The two ghouls were not even a match for Kaneki and they ran away. When his kagune was out, he seemed like a different person. A faded image of a long haired woman stood by his side. You rubbed your eyes and it wasn't there anymore.

What was more horrifying was when you saw Kaneki out of control. He was screaming for help and his kagune were trembling. You quickly stood up and walked towards him since you couldn't bear to see him in pain.

You wrapped your arms around him, hugging him. You can hear him mumble "meat" under his breath. He was restraining himself. He was suffering inside.

You hugged him tighter, "Kaneki-san...please come back." You felt him stop trembling and his kagune disappeared. You could hear him panting a bit and felt his arms wrap around you too. 

"(First name)-chan...when did you know?" You guys released each other and stared at each other's eyes. "Since the beginning..." you honestly said to him. "Ever since that accident...I was there. I witnessed you and Rize..."

You looked up at him and found that he was crying which totally surprised you. "K-kaneki-san...why are you crying?" You touched his face to wipe his tears away. He touched your hand that was on his face, "Thank you..." His voice was hoarse with a tint of happiness. "Thank you for not seeing me...as a monster..."

You started to tear up too. He was suffering from what other people thought of him. You clearly understood his feelings. He was half ghoul, half human. He was someone who has a perspective on both sides. 

He coughed out a laugh, "Why are you crying too?" He cupped your cheeks in both of his hands. "That's what I like about you, (First name)-chan..." You felt his lips rub against yours. It was a wet kiss (from the rain. cough cough u dirty readers.) 

You both walked side by side holding hands as you walked back to Kaneki's place. It was the nearest place for you to change your soaked clothes.  As you entered the bathroom to take a bath, it reminded you of the wound you had on your right shoulder. Everything was pretty much patched up and a scar was left on your skin. It also reminded you that Kaneki walked in on you and probably saw your bra...and your...body... Your face flushed in embarassment as you washed your face with the hot water.

After you finished with your bath, you realized that Kaneki forgot to give you. It was just like last time...but less serious. You slightly poked your head out the door and walked out with your towel on. When turned the corner towards the living room, you bumped into Kaneki who was holding spare clothings. As you opened your eyes, Kaneki was on top of you, moreover your towel slightly came off, but it luckily covered your major parts.(lol)

The both of you were red from ear to ear and Kaneki quickly turned around the other way. "I-I-I-I d-didn't see anything!" he stuttered. "These are the clothes...please change into it..!" Then he quickly ran towards his room. You laughed at his behavior towards you. Hopefully, things will never change and stay this way.

That's...what you thought. Just not until that incident.

------------

A/N: BULLSHIITTTT THE ANIME JUST ENDED AND THE MANGA TOO. FUCKKKKK.

Don't worry. Kaneki...will...always be in our SOULS. I'm still sad though....cuz it ended.... 

Vote, comment, and add to reading list :(

FOREVER TOKYO GHOUL BEST SHIT EVER.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 166 13
"Then why do I feel butterflies in my stomach everytime you look into my eyes? Why can't I look away from those possessing eyes everytime our glances...
4.4K 129 22
A story telling the life of Ken Kaneki, as he pursues a foreign feeling...known as "Love ". The hardships of his life only get worse, especially as...
371 25 5
a better and improved version of my old kaneki x reader. Follows the anime and manga story line. (I'll think of a better description later q゚(゚'Ο‰'゚)゚...