Always | ✓

Da AlwaysLostInWords

#1 in Teen Fiction - 26.03.2020 #10 in Romance - 04.10.2020 #1 in Unrequited - 21.02.2020 #1 in LoveTriangle... Altro

1. The First Meeting
2. My Life
3. Enter Julie
4. Liam and Calc
5. Seeing Her
6. Cafeteria Hell
7. My House
8. You and I
9. Echo
10. Apology
11. Okay
12. Perfect
13. Liam, Julie and Calc
14. Cafeteria Friendliness
15. Invited
16. Party at Holden's (I)
17. Party at Holden's (II)
18. Act Natural
19. Aftermath
20. Saturdays
21. First Date
22. Six Words
24. Soup
25. Unexpected
26. Saviour
27. Learning to Dance
28. Shopping
29. The Ball
30. Charmed
31. Change
32. Shot
33. Hospital
34. Recovery
35. For Him
36. Memorable Day
37. A Day
38. Decisions
39. Pause
40. A Letter
41. Bent Arrows
Epilogue - Always

23. Hold On

19.8K 802 229
Da AlwaysLostInWords

It's been a couple of weeks since Liam and Julie went on their first date and I know they've been on a couple more since then as well.

I won't lie, after their first date, I was a little emotional.

Liam was obviously none the wiser about how I felt, but when he told me he could really see himself falling for Julie, that sort of made want to run his head through a wall.

I'm not a violent person, but I swear only Liam brings out these kinds of emotions within me. I either want to hug him or smack him. Not sure how that works, but it's just how I feel.

But it's not like that with Julie, as odd as that is.

She'll call me after their dates. I know she's not being malicious, which is why I don't feel annoyed at her or anything. She's just someone who's happy, I'm not that bad of a person to hate her for that.

I think my life would be so much more easier if I was that person.

But then again, I wouldn't be me.

***

"You're so annoying. Why won't don't you like romantic movies?" Flo asked in disbelief.

"Because they're stupid," I told her.

It made so much sense that she watched those movies, because she gasped so dramatically. As if I said something awful.

"They are not," she denied.

I let out a snort in response.

"Whatever," Flo narrowed her eyes at me, knowing that she wasn't going to win this argument against me. "Sara, Mel and Julie are coming over to mine to watch some movies and so are you."

This caught my attention. "Really? Sara said yes to watching romantic movies?"

When it comes to cheesy crap like that, Sara is exactly like me. We'd rather watch something more action based. Something that'll have us on the edge of our seat.

Flo then gave me an innocent smile. "That girl will come for the food anyway. It doesn't matter what we watch."

Well, she wasn't wrong.

Before I could object any further, Flo spoke up again. "So movie night at my house. You're coming," she said, leaving no room for arguments and then walked away from my locker.

I laughed as she walked away. I never understood her obsession with those movies. I mean, they're not real in anyway. Let's look at my life, I am literally the girl next door and still have no one.

But I guess I can go to her house for food.

After placing some books in my locker, I was going to head to the canteen, but as soon as I took a few steps, I heard some familiar voices coming from one of the classrooms.

"Oh, honey. We are just looking out for you. You know, girl power and all. We don't want you to get hurt."

Okay, that's Amy, but who is she talking to?

"Julie, just think of us as your well wishers," I then heard her say.

Well, that answers my question.

I stepped into the classroom, before Amy can continue saying things that just didn't sound right coming from her.

"Since when did you ever wish anyone well, Amy?" I asked her, as soon as I walked into the classroom.

I noticed the fake smile that she had put in, morphed into her normal resting bitch face.

"This is a private conversation," Amy looked at me.

I rolled my eyes and instead looked at Julie, who seemed to be on the verge of tears.

"Are you okay?" I asked her and she silently nodded, but kept her head down, which clearly meant she was not okay.

I looked towards Amy, who had a smirk on her face.

"What have you been saying to her?" I questioned Any.

"I was just telling dear Juliet here, that she should be careful now that she's with Liam," she said, putting on a fake smile.

"First off, it's Julie, not Juliet," I told her, knowing how she felt about her name, which earned a scoff from Amy.

"Secondly, both Julie and Liam, are none of your concern. Whether they are dating, friends or separated, you don't need to worry about that. Just stay away," I told her sternly.

Amy just grinned at me, like a freaking Cheshire car.

"I was just telling her the truth, Rena," she said. "You're his neighbour. You know what Liam's like," she said.

I honestly didn't think she knew that we were neighbours but that wasn't the point to focus on right now.

"I am his neighbour, which is why I know exactly what Liam's like," I told her. "What are you to him again?" I questioned, wondering why she was taking so much interest in this.

Amy glared at me. "Didn't he leave you to chase at popularity," she said, and it was clearly she was just saying all of this to get into Julie's head.

"Didn't you want to date him and about four other guys in our year for the same thing?" I replied, putting on a sweet smile.

I clearly struck her nerve. I could literally see it pulsing on her forehead.

"I'm just being Julie's well-wisher," she then said, as if she was being an angel this whole time.

"No, you're being a moron. You really should try being a nice person," I told her.

With all honesty, the girl could really be lovely, if she only just improved on her personality a little bit.

Amy scoffed, not liking my suggestion clearly.

"What has being a nice person got you?" She asked, as if I was some kind of troll living under a bridge.

"Friends," I told her bluntly. "Besides, the guy that you claimed to have 'left me for popularity', well he's back in my life, asked for my forgiveness and is now my friend. Who do you have, Amy? Apart from two little minions who'd easily throw you under the bus for a chance at that Queen B status?"

Was that mean? Oh well.

Instead of replying to me, she glared. As if trying to send icy daggers towards me. Too bad that wasn't going to work.

Then then walked towards me and pushed past as she left the classroom.

"Well, that was mature," I said as she walked off and glanced back towards Julie.

"Are you okay? She didn't do anything right?" I asked her.

Julie raised her head and looked up at me. "No, she just said some things."

Well, I can guess what she may have said.

"What did she say, Julie?" I asked her anyway.

She let out a deep breath and shook her head rapidly. "Amy's right, Rena. I shouldn't be with Liam," she told me.

"Any sentence that starts with 'Amy's right' is already a red flag, Julie," I said. "Besides, she doesn't know what she's talking about."

"I don't think I can do this. Maybe I'm making a mistake; pretending me and Liam can be together," she replied, her eyes become glossy, tears waiting to spill.

"No. Julie, don't do that," I said and pulled her into a hug.

She sort of reminds me of sad puppy. I don't want her to cry over this, especially when it's nothing but nonsense said by someone insignificant.

"None of this is pretend, okay? None of it," I told her and then tightened the hug. Julie just seemed to sniffle in response.

I sighed and then pulled away from her, seeing how she still seem hesitant. "Look, I can give you another long speech like last time, but I think that it won't really help the seeds of doubt you have."

"I'm just afraid," Julie confessed.

"You should talk to him. Tell him how you feel. Liam will understand.."

"I'll understand what?" I heard a very familiar voice ask.

Both Julie and I turned towards the direction of the voice, and no surprise, I saw Liam standing by the doorway, with his face full of concern.

Well, this is gonna be fun.

Liam walked into the room, looking at the both of us.

"What's wrong?" He asked, again looking at the both of us.

"Wrong? Nothing's wrong," I said.

Internally, I winced. That was an awful lie. Not sure why I sounded so guilty.

"Well, you're twirling the ends of your hair. So you're clearly nervous about something, and Julie looks like she's been crying," he noted.

When did he turn into a detective?

The guy can notice all of this, yet nothing about my feelings. Is there a condition like, selective obliviousness? If so, Liam definitely has it.

"Serena, what happened?" He asked.

Great, full name. Why do I feel like I'm the one in trouble?

"There's nothing to get so concerned about. But I think you and Julie should talk. In private. I'm just going to go," I said.

Just as I took a step forward to leave, I felt a hold on my arm.

"No, please stay," Julie said, her voice cracking in between. 

Just as I was about to tell, I really couldn't stay, Liam spoke up.

"What happened? I'm in the cafeteria waiting for you both and you don't show up. I come to find you guys, assuming maybe you're studying together or something, and instead I find Julie all teary-eyed and Rena, you're saying we need to talk," Liam says in an exasperated voice.

"This really isn't a conversation I can be a part of," I said and looked at Julie, as she gave me a pleading face to stop me.

I placed a hand on her shoulder. "I know it's awkward and uncomfortable, but you need to tell him, Julie."

She nodded and I breathed in relief.

I gave her a quick hug and walked away. But before I left, I looked at Liam, who seemed incredibly confused.

"Take it easy on her, okay," I told Liam, who frowned at me. "Amy was in here, talking to Julie. I didn't hear the whole conversation, but it was enough to know Amy said some dumb things to put off her of you."

I didn't know if Julie would tell him the truth, but I thought to take a little pressure off from her, I'd give Liam an inkling to what was going on.

He didn't say anything but just nodded at me, and after that I left the room, heading to the canteen. 

I know that Julie wanted me to stay, but I couldn't do that to myself. Everything is already kind of uncomfortable for me, I don't want to make it worse.

As soon as I walked in, I spotted Sara and made my way towards her.

Before I could, someone else bumped into me.

"Oh sorry...Rena," Holden muttered.

"Hey, Holden. Sorry, bumped into you there," I apologised.

He shook his head. "No, no, it was completely my fault. I'm so sorry. I didn't see you. I mean I see you, but just not right now. You weren't here before," he rambled.

I couldn't help but give him a weird look. "Uh, yeah. I was with Julie."

"I was wondering where you were," he said, which caused me to raise a brow in question. "I mean Liam was looking for you. He couldn't seem to find you before."

"Oh, right. He found me, so it's all good," I said.

"Okay. That's good," Holden said and then he kind of just looked at me.

I cleared my throat. "Right, well, I'm going to have lunch now. Bye, Holden."

"Bye, Rena," he muttered and walked off.

That was so weird.

***

Just before the bell could ring and lunch was officially over, I was heading towards my locker to grab my books.

I hate crowded hallways and to avoid that, I liked to get my things beforehand.

After grabbing my stuff, I was going to walk away, but then thought maybe I should check up on Julie, to see if she was okay.

As soon as I got to the classroom where we were before, assuming thats were she still was, I froze.

Through the window of the door, I saw something that caused something in my chest to tug painfully.

They kissed.

Immediately, I turned away and looked down, feeling a lump forming within my throat. I tried to blink rapidly, to avoid any tears spilling.

It just suddenly became hard to breathe.

I need to go somewhere else.

All this time I thought that maybe I had control on my emotions and I was doing well, but seeing that just caused something to snap inside me.

I thought the best thing would be to run to the girl's toilet, but on my way I bumped into something.

Only it wasn't a something, it was a someone.

I looked up and it was Danny.

He didn't say anything, nor did I. But instead, he just pulled me into a tight hug.

I held onto him, because right now that's all I needed. Something to hold onto, just so I wouldn't drown.

Danny still didn't say anything and instead, he held me together and began to lead me towards the exit and I didn't question him.

I just needed to hold on.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

50.1K 1K 37
I would bet none of you have ever had that dream summer that all of us want.... that summer where you meet a boy on the beach and go surfing even tho...
20.2K 1.1K 60
Formerly known as "The Heartthrob Won't Leave Me Alone!" - "God Blake, you're a true enigma" Her eyes widened slightly at his words. "I don't underst...
28.2K 2.2K 43
Book one in Forever' Series #FIRST IN ROMANCE #FIRST IN BEST MOM #FIRST IN TWISTS #FIRST IN TURNS Ariana & Ryan, the best friends forever. Their fri...
423K 10.4K 68
"I want you and you want me. Nothing else matters." Four years ago, Rachel Evans was destroyed by the only boy she ever loved. Ever since then, she...