Hold On To Me

By Roninolive

One night of passion lead these two to forever be tangled intricately. Mo Yuan (Mark) is rich, perfect, and... More

First Encounter
An Unexpected Surprise
Madame Mo
The Contract
I Do
Are You Pretending To Be Demure
Playing House
Don't Forget You're My Wife
Time To Say Goodbye
Old Man Bai
His World Collapse
Two Little Doughs
You Are On My Mind
The Truth
The Show
Found You
Missed Chance
Feels Good To Be Back
It's a Love Affair
Are You Insane?
Let Me Breath You In
Her Heart Soften
I'm Hungry For Your Kisses
Old Love, New Love
Love Triangle
Truth
A Turn of Event
These Two Can Only Be Mine
Shameless
Too Eager
It's Hard to Say
Bewildered
Mishap
Who Are You?
Disconnected
A little Progress
Unexpected
Passive To Active
The Start of Something
Obsessed
Can't Handle This Man
I Surrendered....
Can't Denied The Attractions
Unashamed
This Heart is Yours
I Willingly Give Myself To You
Giving You The Happiness I Owe
A Day Full Of Surprises
A Step Forward Together
My Way Of Loving You
Overflowing Warmth
Only Fools Rush In
Strike While It's Hot
Storm and Thunder
I Won't Bite
Save It
Only You
Will You?
From This Day Forward...
An Intoxicated Night
Flabbergasted
Full Circle
Wife Pursuing
Heaven and Hell
Friendship
Burning Flames
Eternal Promise
Eagerly Waiting
Nothingness

Redeeming Myself

3K 111 38
By Roninolive

Mo Yuan drove smoothly on familiar roads, hands on wheel while a contemplative look appear on his face. He stared at the road ahead while the world slides by the window.

Were his thoughts visible it would be chaotic turns and twist. Though it spins everywhere, it all comes together just for one person HER and just one word LOVE.
His mind wandering down the path that is destined to make him feel guilt and internal grief. Perhaps the guilt is a warning, that to judge before knowing will only bring sorrow. Yet without feeling sorrow ones will never learn to treasure what was there.

Just when he thought things were looking up, fate takes a new turn. What fate has written could be beautiful, yet he's afraid of what it have in stored. His heart beats harder at the unknown destiny.
If someone had told him years ago that the way forward is the way back. He would laughed at the idea.

When the truth revealed, feelings of regret in his chest felt like vines tightly squeezing his heart....suffocating him from within.
He took their slow bond for granted, stealing her purity and made her insecure....made her doubtful of his feelings for her. The more he dwelled on it, the more hopeless he felt.
He want to beg, plead, for her forgiveness. Even now he's shaping her future with him by the arrangement they have....at least for a year. The arrogant him won't accept her refusal because she has becomes more than the air he breath. He had become the person he never wanted to be. Love had blinded his thinking and clouded his vision.
The thought of losing her filled him with trepidation.

_____

Bai Qian sat slouch in the seat of her car, her body conform to the shape of the seat. She sat unmoving and stiff, starring at no particular point. This moment to herself was the release valve that she needed to sort out her thoughts.

Now that she had resolved the situation with Damien, she felt lighter. They were not meant to be. If they were, things wouldn't be what they are today.
She had two years if she really wanted anything to happen between them, prior to Mo Yuan reentering her life, but the timing and how she felt was never there.
Perhaps how things turned out between them is for the best. She can't imagined how complicated her life would be if she was truly involved with Damien.

Mo Yuan....thoughts of him trickles it's way to the forefront, pushing all other thoughts to the sides.

The darkness fades as lights slowly filtering in, soon the darkness disappeared, more colors and a surge of hope enter her world.
Love is like climbing a ladder, the higher you climb the closer you get. The problem is she can't seem to find the will to reach out for the first rung.
She remembered the storm, the swirls of emotions, she's scared if she'll ever experience that once again.

Does she have feelings for him? She would lied to herself if she say no. She has been harboring feelings for him all these times. Afraid to show it, afraid that her heart will be trample on.

Her thoughts shifted to the upcoming show. This will be her very first show in Beijing. Therefore, nothing can go wrong. Although she's confidence with her designs but she also knows that it won't please everyone.
She's prepared for that and knows that in this fickle business everything comes and go quickly, just like the clients taste. As long as everything move forward exceptionally well, then she's happy with the outcome.

Bai Qian let out a loud sigh as she started the ignition. She backed up her car and drove out of the parking garage.

One thing has always cheer her up was cooking the children's favorite foods. Her lips curved upwards, determination shown in her eyes.
With that thought in mind, she drove to the grocery store.

Bai Qian pulls into the parking lot of Bloom Market. She grabbed her purse and push the door open.

_____

Mo Yuan drum his fingers on the wheel. The lights turned red as he slowly press down on the brakes. His eyes scanned the road ahead of him, sizing up the traffic. Then his gaze wandered to the right.
People walk in various directions trying to get to their destination, while chatting with their companions or on the phone. Mo Yuan watch as some lost in thoughts, he wonder what their private worlds are like.
He can't help but think that each of them view this same place, same time, day, but all have their own unique perspective.

He cast his eyes back to the road but a figure dressed in light blue caught his eyes, as his gaze reverted back to the sidewalks.
Her long black hair lying straight down her backs, her large onyx eyes held serenity and happiness, her nose was especially high, her lips were full begging to be kiss. There's symmetry to her features and something about it that captivated him every time he look upon her face.

Strangers gazed at her a little longer when they thought she was unaware. But all these attentions did not make her have a superiority complex. If anything she doesn't know her own beauty could affect the people around her.

Without thinking he turned into the parking garage and decided to chase after her.

Bai Qian's always amazed at the seemingly endless rows of groceries and household items, lined and stacked neatly like soldiers. The colorful fruits and vegetables overwhelmed her with their choices. The ripe succulent fruits make her want to bite into it.
Her eyes shifted to the soft, fuzzy peaches. She would love to take a bite of the peach and taste the sweet juice it offers.
She grab a basket and walk towards the peaches. She selected some and placed it inside the basket.
Once she got her fruits and vegetables from the fresh produce department. She then head to the meat department.

Mo Yuan entered the market and his eyes scanned for the familiar figure. He briskly walk around until he saw her.
She stood in front of the meat counter and pointed to the piece of meat that she wanted. Mo Yuan can't hear what was being exchanged between her and the meat clerk, but the young man was bashfully smiling at her.

The happy expression on his face turned into a frown.

The clerk handed the wrapped piece of meat to her over the counter. Bai Qian hand went up to reach for it. Before her hand touch it, a masculine hand came out and took hold of it.

Bai Qian turned to see who the hand belongs to and their eyes met and held. He smile tenderly down at her, while her eyes was wide with shock.

What is he doing here?

The meat clerk lost his smile as he looked from Bai Qian to Mo Yuan. Disappointment clearly shown on his face.

Mo Yuan took the heavy basket away from her as he placed the meat inside it.

"Qian Qian, is there anything else you need from here?"

She seems to lost her voice and all she could do was shake her head slightly.

"Where shall we go next?"

She stood staring at him transfixed, not moving an inch.

He closed the distance between them and gently reach for her hand. He looked down at her small hand that fit perfectly into his. Her long fingers completing the space left in his, a perfect fit....he thought. His fingers interlock with hers as his dark eyes stared deep into hers.
A teasing smile spread across his face, making him look exceptionally handsome.

"Qian Qian, looks like you're unwilling to cooperate. Shall I carry you then?"

Bai Qian quickly recovered. She breathed out her held breath from the shock.

"Why are you here?"

"I knew you were missing me, so I flew here to look for you."

Humph! His tongue is coated with sugar.

A flicker of warmth spread from her heart and soon started to grow, pushing all the doubts in it's path. Her worries burned away.

He leaned in closer to carefully examined her face. He continued to study her, taking everything in until his eyes danced merrily and his lips curved up into a sweet smile.

Bai Qian lashes quiver slightly and her cheeks were tinged pink. The way he looked at her made her nervous, unsettled, but also excited. Her hand rise up and pointed to the refrigerator section. Telling him that it's where she want to go next.

"Kiss me." He pushes his face closer.

How can a person go from being helpful then turned into an opportunist in just a few seconds? Besides, he is just holding the basket for her. Does that garnered a kiss from her?

Frowning, she took a step back. How can he even think about that when they're in public spaces?

"What are you thinking."

"I am thinking, one of these days, I will love you throughly until you beg for mercy."

Bai Qian's face turned crimson at his shameless words. She ignored him and walked away.

When it comes to flirting she's as slow as a snail.

_____

After changing her clothes, Bai Qian walk into the kitchen. Immediately, she saw Mo Yuan wearing an apron and washing the vegetables. He looked up and smile at her.

"I just finished washing all the vegetables. Do you want me to clean the meat as well?"

Bai Qian nod her head as she wonder what has gotten into him today. He seems different.

The atmosphere in the kitchen were harmonious. Mo Yuan cleaned the meat while she cut the vegetables.
She can't help but occasionally steal a glance at him from the corner of her eyes. Due to that she accidentally cut her finger. She instantly dropped the knife as the blood oozes out.

Mo Yuan finished cleaning the meat and stole a glance her way. He saw her abruptly dropped the knife, concerned he closed the short distance between them. When he saw her finger was bleeding his heart tug. He steered her hand towards the sink and turn on the water to clean the wound. Once he's done he tightly pressed her wound down with a clean napkin.

"Thank you, I'm alright." Bai Qian pull her hand back but his grip on her wrist tighten.

"Come with me to the living room."

They walk to the living room with one of his hand pressing down on her wound and the other holding on to her wrist.

"Wait for me."

She sat down on the sofa while he disappeared down the hall. Her hand took over his as she continued to press down on her wound.
He came back with the first aid kit and kneel in front of her legs, legs that somehow spread with him in between them.

Mo Yuan looked at her wound carefully, he applied some ointment on it, and put a bandage on the wounded area. While she stared at him in a dazed.

"Don't be so careless, my heart will hurt. It's not a deep cut but don't get it wet or else it will take longer to heal.
I'm not going to let anything happen to you from now on."

Bai Qian felt her heart leaped out of her chest, as his soft voice felt like it's caressing her. She involuntarily shivers.

Not let anything happen to me? What if I say that you are what's happening inside of me?

The dining room was elegant and minimalist. The modern wood table is beautiful in its simplicity....dominated the space. The crystal light above the table lends a warm ambience and makes one feel comfortable.

The boys sat excitedly while Mo Yuan ran back and forth from the kitchen to the dining room. The delicious aroma wafted around the air, she can literally taste the food on her tongue.
The steams rise up slowly and drifted off in the air. Her stomach grumbles, begging to be feed.

"Do you need any help?" Bai Qian asked softly.

Bai Qian stood there and eyed this unusual side of him. He is different today but she can't pinpoint what it was. There's a lot about him that she doesn't know.

Mo Yuan smile and took off his apron. He ladled the pork broth with chives and tofu soups into four small bowls.

"What are you doing standing there? Sit, or do you want me to feed you?"

Bai Qian quickly slide into her chair, afraid that he would really act upon his words. Mo Yuan placed the bowl of soup in front of her.

The rich aroma beckoned and wafted up her nose. She can't resist and pick up her spoon. Mo Yuan stared at her face, waiting for her reaction to his cooking.

The flavors mingled to produce a taste unlike any other soups she had before. The rich pork broth combined with the delicate onion flavor of the chives, that is complimented with hints of garlic produces a mild flavor. The solid white block of bland tofu absorbs the flavors of pork and chives making it exceptionally good.

"Thank you."

Like an eager child waiting to be praised, the  expectant look on his face was obvious to her.

"It's very good."

He smiled happily, like he had been given the first prize. Once Mo Yuan was satisfied that she was eating the healthy soups, he served the boys.

"Daddy, did you cooked all these foods?"

"Daddy, you can only cook for us and no one else!"

"I will only cook for the three of you."

Bai Qian stared at him through thick lashes. Was that devotion and promised in his eyes that she saw?

A warm feeling of the intimate atmosphere wrap around him. This is family. A feeling of being complete, whole, and happiness.

You are the Moon who cannot see her own beauty. Let me be the Ocean and show you your own beautiful reflection!

-Avijeet Das

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.8K 2.4K 72
A fan fiction based on the Tv Drama series Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms using the main characters I'm not sure how far into the story I will go with t...
25.6K 521 19
Bai Qian and Ye Hua fan fiction. All characters are strictly from the drama but the plot is my own. Enjoy :)
180K 5.1K 87
This is an Original story it doesn't have any rape and there are few misunderstanding but nothing over the top it is just a sweet romance between an...
76.8K 1.4K 45
The second book I ever wrote. It is amateur writing so not really all that great. Still, it is what it is, though please read my more recent fics...