impossible | barry allen

By concupiscentz

[unedited/discontinued] I thought the unimaginable only existed in fairy tales, and stupid redundant televisi... More

intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
discontinued

90

3.6K 64 53
By concupiscentz

The case file slips from my hands, papers seperating and falling around freely, making a huge mess in the middle of ccpd. It was my first day back at work after Barry and I's engagement was broken off, and I was already going through hell.

Lately, I hated being here, and i regretted coming back. I dropped to my knees, fighting back the tears. I had been extra emotional lately, and i couldnt help myself. I start to gather the papers, feeling embarrassment rush through me as I tried to quickly pick everything up.

I didn't pay any attention to whoever started to help me, until I looked up when everything was gathered, Julian Albert out of all people standing up, handing me the rest of the papers, "How are you doing, Detective?"

"I think we're at the stage where you can call me by my name, Julian." I quietly say, giving him a weak smile to thank him, fixing the rest of the papers back into the folder they were once in.

He returns the small gesture of the smile, "Are you going to stop by the labs today?"

"I haven't been there in days, Julian." I blink long and hard to keep the tears in my eyes held back, looking back at him, "I don't think I can make it today either."

"You can't make it?-" Julian started, "Or you won't come?"

I sigh, looking down, "I have some things to do at home."

"For the record," Julian starts to walk backwards, clutching onto his bag, "From what Cisco has told us, Barry isn't doing any better."

With that, he turns, walking up the stairs and into the CSI lab that him and Barry shared.

-

[ barry's pov ]

I was seated on Cisco's couch, dressed in sweats, leaning my head against the remote I held in my hand, my eyes fixed on the tv.

"This, again?" Cisco's voice came from behind me, leaning his hands against the couch, "What, are you gonna spend the rest of your life on the couch? Come on, you've been doing this for days. Let's do something. Let's go out."

"Man, I'm sorry-" I cross my arms, a pout falling on my lips as my mood remained low, "I don't feel like going out."

"What is it with you and musicals these days anyhow?" Cisco rounds the couch, standing by me now.

"Everything's better in song." I chirp up.

"Listen, dude, I know you've been going through a tough time, since Zee broke off the engagement or I guess-" Cisco went on, "Technically, since you broke off the engagement. Whoever broke off the engagement, it doesn't matter, I don't know man, I wanna help."

"Nothing you can really do." I admit.

"Really?" Cisco says in disbelief, pointing towards the television that lit a musical on the screen, "I guess I'm just gonna have to let Mr. Gene Kelly take over 'cause Lord knows, I can't do anything about that."

I scoff, before both of our phones buzz at the same time, Cisco checking his phone first, "It's HR."

-

[ zee's pov ]

Kara Danvers and Barry Allen were in a coma. Mon-El and J'onn has come from their Earth with an unconscious Kara, and eventually, Joe had come into that same room holding an unconscious Barry Allen.

I had brought myself to go to Star Labs later that day, seeing what had happened to Kara and watching it happen to Barry, the two of them laying side by side, hooked up to different wires.

I was dressed in an oversized black sweater, along with a pair of olive green cargo joggers. A slouched cream beanie sat on my head, my attempt of trying to hide my messy wavy hair. I wore black heeled ankle boots on my feet, ignoring the fact that there were small circles under my eyes, and kept my best to keep all emotional interactions at a minimum.

We had captured the man who had put out Barry and Kara in their coma; Music Mister.

And this is where Mon-El and I stood, in the pipeline, in front of where the handsome looking man was trapped in, practically having the time of his life as he spoke, "Well, well, well, if it isn't the two people I hoped would visit me the most."

"Fix them." I demand, "Now."

"I'm sorry, I can't." He shrugs, staying seated on the ground of his prison.

"If you ever want to get out of that cell, that's exactly what you're gonna do." Mon-El ordered, his arms crossed.

He chuckles, getting up onto his feet, "You don't get it. You don't understand, big guy. That's not how my powers work- my powers don't work that way."

"What do you mean?" Mon-El asks, "You're the one that did this to them."

"Yes, but they're the only ones who are in control of what happens to them right now. As are the two of you." He looks at us.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I question, shoving my hands into my pockets, "How are we in any control of what happens to them?"

"How much do you love him, Zee?" Music Mister questions me, "And you, Mon-El, how much do you love her? So the question is: is that strong enough to save them? You want Kara and Barry back from the world they're in, you can go get them yourselves. You have that power."

"How?" Mon-El and I unintentionally ask in unison.

"Ah, I can't tell you." He smiles at us innocently, "Sorry, you're gonna have to figure it out yourself. Now, if you don't mind, I'm just gonna chill in this wonderfully decorated cell of yours. Bye guys!"

I sigh, starting to back away, Mon-El turning around, as Music Mister continued to speak, "Good luck. Love will find a way. You can do it. Power of love and all that."

-

I ran into the room where Barry and Kara laid, Mon-El right behind me, my eyes widening at the sight that was in front of me as everyone else crowded in also.

"What's wrong with them?" asked Mon-El, moving to Kara's side as I did Barry's.

"I think we're losing them." Caitlin's words are rushed.

"Can you stop it?" J'onn J'onzz questions, his eyes scanning what was happening.

"Not if I don't know why." Caitlin quickly tells.

Wally spoke up in a question, "What are we gonna do?"

My head snaps up, "Cisco- you need to vibe Mon-El and I to whatever world they're in. He told us that if we loved him enough, we could save him."

"Zee, I don't think it works that way." Cisco told me.

"You sent me into the Speed Force." I reason, "You vibed Barry and Wally to the future. This should be one of the many perks of your powers- you're capable of so much more than you put on- and you need to embrace it right now and vibe us there. Please."

"What is she talking about?" J'onn asks.

Mon-El is next to question, "What's a vibe?"

"I'll explain later, just grab onto my shoulders-" Cisco grabs his goggles, putting them on, placing his hands on Barry and Kara. I threw my arm out as does Mon-El, as we grab onto Cisco's shoulders, "Let's hope this works."

It was quick, a rushed feeling. But within seconds, we were where Barry and Kara were. But, the sight that I saw the minute we arrived made my heart drop to my stomach.

Barry Allen and Kara Danvers were on the ground, bleeding, both of them shot. I let out a small scream of Barry's name, the tears I had been holding back all day filling my eyes instantly, my feet carrying me to him as quickly as I could, falling onto my knees next to his body.

Mon-El was already by Kara, telling her how he was going to get her out, telling her to stay awake.

"Barry- Barry- look at me-" I whimper, holding his face, the tears slipping my eyes and rolling down my cheeks, Barry's eyes barely open, his head moving around slowly, as if he was trying to take one last look of his surrounds, "We're gonna get you out- you're gonna come home with me- everyone's waiting for you- you're not- I'm not losing you-"

I choke out a few sobs, holding his face, making sure he was looking at me, Mon-El snapping his attention towards me, "We need to get them out-"

"Hey-" Barry weakly catches my wrist, his tone a whisper, my head snapping right back towards him, his eyes starting to fully close, "I love you."

"Barry-" I felt all oxygen leave me, my sobs uncontrolled, "No- keep your eyes open. Please- you're gonna be okay-"

His eyes slowly close, as I unwittingly pressed my lips against his, my eyes closed.

When I opened my eyes, I was in Star Labs, slowly pulling away from the kiss I had shared with Barry, Barry's eyes opening, "Zee?"

I threw myself up straight, using my sleeve to wipe my tears away, Kara now slowly sitting up too after Mon-El pulled away from kissing her. Barry and Kara removed the wires, sitting up straight.

"They're back!" HR cheered, throwing his arms into the air.

Then walks in Music Mister, "Bravo! Round of applause! Standing 0. That was so good- I loved it. That was a hell of a show. And you two, I guess your love was really strong enough after all. Beautiful."

"Man, how did you get out the cell?" Cisco spoke up in disbelief.

"Cisco, did you really think that cell is, just, gonna hold me?" He asks.

"No, I'm sorry- what's going on?" Barry asks for all of us, "Why did you do this to us."

"I did it because I believe in the good guys." Music Mister threw his hands up, "I told you when we first met, it was to teach you all a lesson. 'Cause I see everything, and I saw two people, with two broken hearts."

"So, the lesson was-?" Kara starts to trail off.

"Love, Supergirl." He answers, "Love is about letting yourself be saved. It's not just about saving other people, even if you're superheroes. Anyway, I'm sorry that I had to mess with you a little bit, I was just trying to get to you play the game, and do the song and dance."

"Are you from another Earth-multi-verse- universe something?" HR asks.

"Yeah, you would've even understand where I come from." He turns, starting to leave.

"Wait, you're just gonna leave and teach somebody else lesson?" Barry asks.

"Yeah, that's exactly what I'm gonna do." He nods towards us.

"I'm gonna teach you a lesson-" I mutter, and take a step forward but before I could do anything else, Barry had wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me back, holding me to his side.

"Think of your fellow man. Lend him a helping hand. Put a little love in your heart." Music Mister sang, before vanishing into thin air.

-

A knock at my door forces me up, walking over, swinging it open to see Barry Allen stood at my door, his hands behind his back, "I come bearing gifts."

"You don't need to bring gifts to have an excuse to come here, Barry." I quietly say, "You're welcome here anytime."

"But-" Barry pulls his hands from behind his back, holding his hands up, that held the two gifts he had brought, "Its Big Belly Burger. And- I picked up the brownies you love so much from the bakery down the street."

"You saved me from eating more ramen for dinner." I open the door wide for him, letting him come in, my hands slowly pushing and closing the front door, locking it, slowly following behind him, as he set down the two paper bags on the table.

"You haven't changed anything since I moved in with Cisco." Barry's eyes raked through the entire loft.

"I loved it too much to make any changes." I quietly admit, coming to a stop in front of him, "It was just right, and always will be."

Barry slowly nods, his hands in his pockets.

"You know, through out the three years we've been doing this-" I start, seating myself on the arm of the couch, "I never thought you'd be stuck in a musical."

"I've got to admit- it was fun." Barry asked, "Up until the part I caught you making out with Mon-El."

My eyebrows furrow, "Gross."

"Believe me, I wanted to gouge my eyes out." Barry shrugs lightly, a small playful grin playing at his lips.

I roll my eyes playfully, "I'm with Joe on this one. I'd pay to see you sing and dance."

"Hey, maybe you'll get your own session soon." Barry tells me.

"I'm looking forward to it." I simply say, crossing my arms, looking at him, "So did you just come here to eat food with me or did you have something to talk about?"

"As a matter of fact, I do." Barry reaches for my hand, lightly grabbing it and pulling me over to the window, sitting down at the small bay.

I nod, looking at him, placing my hands on my lap, preparing myself for the worst.

"Music Mister was right." Barry starts, "We both had broken hearts. I knew you barely came into Star Labs or CCPD. I barely left Cisco's couch. But, with the week or two we've had away from each other, it's given us both a lot of time to think."

"I love you, so much." Barry went on, "Zee, the first time I saw you, after coming out of my coma. It wasn't love at first sight. It was a friendship. A strong friendship. That I never thought could become any stronger in any shape or form. But I was wrong. I was so wrong. The love I have for you formed gradually. Your voice, your personality, your hair, your eyes, your humor. The way you smile at me when I'm not looking at you, and look away and smile when I catch you looking. It all gradually came crystal clear to me that you were exactly what I was looking for. Exactly who I needed. Exactly the woman that I want to call my wife. The first time we kissed, I was completely hooked. I was addicted to you. I made sure I could spend as much time with you as I could, and as my feelings grew stronger, I found myself making time for you whenever I could. After everything we've been through, my feelings for you always come back. And that's because they never left. I want you. All of you. I want the arguments. I want the happiness. I want it all. Imperfections, flaws. All of it. Because you are the love that came without a warning, and you had my heart way before I could say no."

Barry finally comes to a finish, pulling out the ring that once was on my finger, holding it up, slipping off the bay and getting on one knee in front of me, "Zee Young, will you marry me?"

"I think we've established that no matter how many times or where, or how you will ever ask me, I will always say yes." I whisper, a small smile on my face, and for once in a long while, I felt happy again.

I was relieved, and I was okay.

Barry slipped the ring on my finger, grabbing my thighs and lifting me up, pressing his lips into mine.

I held his face, melting into the kiss almost instantly. My hands move to his jacket, pulling it off for him, tossing it somewhere as he gripped my waist with one hand, his other hand squeezing my thigh.

Before I could process what was happening fully, we were up in our bedroom, and by the time we were there, my shirt was discarded somewhere. Barry having me pushed against the wall, now holding both my thighs, pressing small kisses down my neck.

He brings his lips back up to mine, mumbling into the kiss we shared, "So, are we really going to eat anything that's downstairs?"

I open my mouth to answer, but before I could muster anything out, Barry presses his knee right in the center of my thighs, pressing more kisses down my neck, leading to my collarbone, causing a gasp of complete pleasure to leave my lips, one of my hands grabbing a fist full of his hair, lightly tugging on it, "Yeah- just- not right now."

He hums in response, laying me back in the bed, climbing on top of me, placing his hands on my lower back, arching it, unclasping my bra.

authors note:

13k yooo. that's insane.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 196 20
Honestly I was disappointed after watching series finale of the flash. All the villain speedsters getting knocked out in one hit 🙄😶. The finale was...
438K 21.3K 36
She was like the perfect sin Something like the truest lie... *TRIGGER WARNING*
13.1K 141 8
The Flash has a daughter who he didn't know about.
28.8K 586 22
"𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓰𝓽𝓱, 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓪 𝓵𝓲𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂."~Barry Allen, The Flash There is no smut!!!