The Bad Boy and His Good Side...

By tea_and_a_pen_fanfic

She never knew the real him until the incident happened. Before than she was just some girl and he was just... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Sorry/thanks
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Guyssss!!!!!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Happy New Year
Oh, yeah
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
New Chapter/ Thanks
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Wow
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Sequel
sequel (2)

Chapter 10

5.1K 108 17
By tea_and_a_pen_fanfic

-Vivian's Pov

When we stood in his room, Shawn acted the exact opposite of my perception. His lips were warm against mine, they tasted most strongly of coffee. His voice was so nice, it didn't seem so cold anymore. Especially as he explained why he acted the way he did, "If you act cold then bad people won't come for people I care about."

As I crossed the street, I felt him watching me, not  in a creepy  way like it would've felt last week, but rather a confirmation I got back safe. I showered, and got ready, everything I tried on was uncomfortable on my arm–making it hurt home or just the skin burning for whatever reason. The only thing that didn't bother the gash was Shawn's shirt, probably just from needing to cling to something familiar. I put one of Aaron's sweatshirts on over so he wouldn't question it then walked to the park.

"Hey!" Aaron yelled to me as he saw me walking up, an insincere grin formed on his face. I smiled faintly at him, he ran across the baseket ball court and hugged me tight. I winced in pain at his grip, "What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing I just scraped arm last night." I lied, not wanting him to worry.

He nodded, then hesitated a bit, "Listen we really have to talk." He sat down on the bench, and pulled me down next to him.

"About what?" I asked, leaning into to him. He sat there for a second without speaking.

"I'm moving." His voice was almost muted.

"W-what? Where?" I whispered, shock taking away my volume.

"New York."

"When?" Was all I could get out.

"Two weeks, I just found out last night. I don't want to go but I have to. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. How about you come over and we can watch a movie or something." I suggested. "I have something to tell you too."

He nodded, and wrapped his arm around me to keep me warm, even if I hadn't shivered once. On our walk back snow danced down from the clouds. When I opend the door a few things were out of place or on the floor.

"What happened?" He asked seeing the broken picture frame on the floor, and how the door had been taken slightly off the frame.

"It's kinda what I wanted to talk to you about." I sat him down on the couch, then pulled off the hoodie. His jaw fell at the mark, entirely ignoring the fact I was in Shawn's shirt. "I didn't scrape my arm last night something happened. There's bad people in the world and some of them are in my life, and they make bad things happen to me."

"What are you trying to say?" His jaw dropped with concern, his face grew pale as well.

"Ian had friends, they think he's dead. Blaming me for it they wanted vengeance, 'course they used the word justice. Anyways, they came here did this to my arm and would've killed me if it weren't for the one who said something about not splattering my guts everywhere. Please don't worry about me, someone saved me."

"One: I will worry about you, even when you're next to me. Two: who saved you? I need to go thank them."

I turned, to the window, he wouldn't think the same if I told him Shawn rescued me, nor would he want to believe it. "Nevermind. Can we just watch the movie? I have somewhere to be at seven."

He wouldn't accept the fact Shawn saved me, nor would he want to. I sat with my head against his shoulder, he wouldn't stop talking during it though I ignored him it was slightly difficult and I'd seen the movie enough times. I then realized soon I'd no longer have a protector. He paused the movie and stared dead at me. "Tell me who the hell saved you, it'll kill me not to know." Before I even took a breath his phone went off. "Oh," Disappointment drown his words. "I-I have to go. But you need to tell me, how about I'll come over tomorrow and you tell me then."

I then realized I shouldn't have told him, his uncle was on the local police force and if Aaron told, things would only get worse. I hugged him tight, it was one the last times I could. "Aaron wait!" I yelled out to him. I rushed down the walk way, "You can't tell anyone."

"B-but I wanna keep you safe and..."

"Telling authority doesn't keep me safe, it puts me in further danger."

When he left I went around the house and started to clean things up. At around six I started getting ready. I curled my blondish hair so it tousled down just passed my soulders. When I was putting on a coat of red lipstick I heard Shawn knocking on my front door. I hurried down the steps carefully as my tight black dress restricted my legs. The sleeves flowed over my arms hiding any forms of scars.

"You look...wow." Was all he could say when I opened the door. He handed me a single rose and smiled, "A beautiful flower, for a beautiful girl."

My teeth sunk in to my lip, I blushed, "You look pretty wow, yourself."

His cheeks turned to shade near the one of my lipstick. Grabbing my jacket I shut the door behind me. I stepped down from my porch Shawn took a second to realize it, like he was staring into space or lost in thought.

"Do think maybe we could hold hands?" All of a sudden he was innocent, like he'd never had girlfriend or been on a date. It hadn't occurred to me before, that maybe he hadn't and how smooth most girls took him to be was just an act so he'd fit his appearance.

"Sure." I giggled at him, I suppose, I hadn't ever been on a real date either–if I had, I couldn't remember it and it probably ended with drugs in my bloodstream. My heels clacked against the cenment as we walked across the street to his car, he opened the door for me too. When I tried to get into the passenger seat I realized it would be slightly hard to reach from me being only around 5'2" even with high heels and the car being a bit high from the ground. "Could you please help me?"

He laughed and put one hand hand on my waist and kept the other around my hand. As he walked to the other side, I noticed how he couldn't help but smile. "D-do you have a cerfew?"

"No." I had to restrain myself from laughing, I forgot some people had those. A smirk egnighted on his face. "You really don't have to worry about my parents freaking out that I'm out all night, and I know you've done that type of thing, I've seen you get home at four in the morning before."

"I had reasons." He nodded and shrugged, we drove for awhile in slince when he turned on the radio on. At first I was expecting to hear something else but an Ed Sheeran song played. I looked out the window than heard him singing along. A few a minutes later he turned the volume down as we stopped at a red light. He took a right turn into a parking lot of an office building. "We aren't eating here so don't think that." He joked, but all humor and positivity drained out the crack in the back window. "You don't like me, don't interrupt. me." Which was what I was about to do only as a protest. "You like what I did, I really like you but it's not fair to either of us if part of you is screaming that it doesn't want to be here."

"Shawn, you might be right, but the side no one knows, who saved me and gave me his shirt because I didn't have one, who sang to me and bandaged my arm and let me cry on him and didn't take advantage of me even though I was practically asking for it. I'd like to get to know that guy alright?"

"So? Do you wanna go eat?"

I nodded at him, he started the car again then pulled out of the lot. Minutes later we pulled into  Paris, a fancy cliché french resraunt. He got out then told me to wait, he walked around to open my door and help me out. When we reached the door he held it open for me, "Mendes; for two." He said as we got to the hostess stand.

"This way please." A brunette girl said taking two menus under her arm. She lead us to the room in the back of the building which was half made of windows. I could see the local lake out the window.

"Did you plan all of this?" I asked in amazement, it'd been so long since someone had done this type of thing for me.

"Uh, maybe." He scratched the back of his neck, not wanting to make eye contact. We both sat down, piano started to play in the background. "I never realized this but you have the most beautiful eyes."

"Well, the other time you really looked at me, I was drugged and..."

"I look at you all the time, in class." His face fell with the evidence of some secretive personal success. "Let's not talk about that, I don't want you to cry again." He put his hand over mine, I didn't pull my hand away, like I thought I would've. "Someone like you shouldn't..." He paused, and looked around, like him acting moral needed to stay exclusive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
903K 38.3K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
89.7M 2.8M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
946K 16.2K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...