Origin of the Fae

By miladyronel

Faerie is the home of all Fae, yet they've managed to infiltrate the Human Realm and make it their home. They... More

Dragons
Faery Hybrids
Magic
Faerie
Galno
Sea Witches
Phoukas
Witches, Warlocks (Wizards) and others
Kelpies
Selkies
Caìt Sìth
Sea Nymphs
Grogochs
Cù Sìth
Elves
Imps
Banshee
Barguest
Domovoi
Red Caps
Gancanagh
Sirens
Brownies
Merrows
Vila
Valkyries
The Furies
The Cailleach
Ankou
Magic Entrances to Faerie
The Faery Queen
The Wild Hunt
Leannan Sìth
The Moon
Faery-Hybrid Bats
Faery-Hybrid Monkeys
Raven/Crow Faery-Hybrids
The Grim
Dagda
Duergar
Thin Places and the Other Side
Werehyena
Krampus
Will-o'-the-Wisp
Pegasus
The Fates
Yuki Onna and Tsurara Onna
Faery Trees and Forests
Faery-Hybrid Rabbits
Immortality
Obayifo
Vampires
Ghouls
Werewolves
Kishi
Dullahan
Jengu
Sprites
Yumboes
Sasabonsam
High Fae
Iron and Fae
The Ultimate Warrior - Cian, the Assassin
Keeper of the Veil
Necromancy
Tooth Faeries
Solitary Fae
Season Fae
Paladin
Odin
Morrígan
Ly Erg
Kappa
Half-Mortal
Goblin
Elementals
Dryad
Black Sun
Anubis
The Dark King
Mermaids
Mami Wata
Mountain

Pixies

96 1 0
By miladyronel

Usually the size of a human thumb, they can change size and appearance at will just like all fae. It takes a lot of magic, though.

They love ribbons. Their clothes are usually made of ribbons – in any colour. Some clans may have a preference in style or colour.

They always live in thorn trees, including fruit trees that have thorns (apple and lemon trees, for instance).

Pixies love mushrooms. They will plant them anywhere. When they have revels, mushrooms will grow in a circle around the place of the revel – sometimes growing huge overnight. It is unlucky to remove or harm these mushrooms: pixies will cause mischief in various forms. In some occasions, they will live in mushrooms: special faery trees that happen to be thorn trees will be guarded by pixies who live in mushrooms at the base of the tree.

Pixies also have a love of growing tulips, cannas and other bulb flowers. They will encourage the growth of these plants wherever they live.

They love to have fun. They are mischievous creatures who enjoy riddles. They also like playing games. Pixies usually don't harm others, but when it is a choice between their own survival and that of another creature, they will always choose themselves.

Pixies are great at creating glamour. As a group, they can create illusions so strong that even other fae cannot see through it. Some might even do it as a favour...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48 12 7
A magical forest, once inhabited by mischievous fey creatures, has been forgotten by the mortal realm. A young adventurer stumbles upon a hidden port...
105 10 16
Follow five queer fae in their journey to find who they really are, and their place in a great prophecy to save the world. Currently a WIP, so lookin...
60 28 22
Sylvie just wants to study alchemy and live a peaceful life among the humans, but an encounter with a strange man from her family's past sets her on...
56 3 14
The continent of Elway is divided into two realms, separated by the snowy Birthue mountains; Lenira, the realm of the fae, is situated in the north...