The Dragon Father

By The-Dragon-Hearted

Dragon of the apocalypse, black dragon, master of death, dragon king; Acnologia has been called many things t... More

A Chance
Loss
Mavis
The Three "Punks"
G*D*MN YOU ZEREF!
Ankhseram
Makarov
The Dreyars - and the Messed Up one in Between
Serena
Apprentice and Master
The Poison Dragon Slayer
The Beginning of Complete Insanity
The Lightning Dragon Slayer
What it Means to be a Dragon
Kaidas
What is Ours
Day 1 of Training
And so it Begins
The 1st to be Spared
Kids from the Tower
Tested
Fight, Cry, Sleep
Imitatia's Salvation
Do you, Still?
Remember him?
Well Merry *Input word* Christmas
The Strauss Siblings
Bickslow and Freed
Couple old, Couple new, Couple years
Nightmare?
Lucy and Lisanna
Lullaby
Phantom Lord
The Tower of Heaven
The OraciĆ³n Seis
Edolas
Tenrou Part 1
Tenrou Part 2
Serena's sorrow
Reunions
Beginning of the Grand Magic Games
Raven Tail's Damnation
The End of the Grand Magic Games
Fairy Tail's Party
The Dragon's Life
The Sun Village
Tataros
E.N.Dragneel
Fairies vs Demons
That which you did not Kill
Choices.
Healing
The Life of a Young Dragon Saint
You want us to... WAIT!
Jackal and Seliah
Do Demons Dream?
Curse? Nah, Friends.
The Beginning of Alvarez
Memoires
Retake Fairy Tail!
Fairies vs Spriggans
It's Time You Face Your Demons
E.N.D's Awakening
Forget.
After Alvarez
Dragon's Teeth
The First Mistake
Stay with Me
Hang in There
Do Not Test Me
Last Straw
What Have You Done?
A Dragon's Soul
Dragon's Rage
I'll Never Forgive You Brats!
Your Punishment
The Plot
Search
The Clue
E.N.D
The Hunt
Yeah.
Natsu's Return
Tyregenium's Influence
There are so many ways to Win.
A Life of Memories
Acnologia's Tale
The Council's Ruling
A Guild Divided
You Do Not Have To Fight Alone
The War
Dragon Fight
Stand Up.
The Death of a Saint
The Price to Pay
More Time
A Victory Ensured
Dragons
I Know Who I Am
. . .
Joy
Epilogue
A little Thank-You (Not a Real Chapter!)

Sting and Rogue's "Betrayal"

4K 93 139
By The-Dragon-Hearted

Sting and Rogue were back on their feet and were back in business. Day two of the Grand Magic games had begun and the next game was called Chariot... and every one had failed. Some idiot decided that Gajeel and Erik should participate.

Erik growled to himself as he slowly crawled along with the chariots.

"I want, to die," Gajeel choked.

"Keep pushing forward," Erik instructed him.

Gajeel shot the poison dragon a death glare, Erik smiled, "Language," he scolded him.

"I can think whatever curse words I want to think!" Gajeel spat

Then the chariots hit a bumpy spot. Both dragon slayers let out a long string of curse words as they clutched the cars for dear life.

Dobengal appeared between the two, "You should consider quitting," the ninja-like man offered.

"Touch me and you die," Erik growled.

"We can't quit," Gajeel panted pulling himself farther.

"Good luck then," Dobengal mocked, he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"I cannot quit!" Gajeel chanted.

Erik was in the same state but was completely silent. Bacchus who had replaced Warcry had literally broken the carts ahead of them.

"$&!!!!%%%%%" Gajeel moaned.

Somehow the two actually finished, Erik first, and then Gajeel came in second behind him. Everyone in Fairy Tail was touched that the two usually composed people actually suffered through humiliation and motion sickness just to score them a few points.

"Hey, they weren't last!" someone cried out.

Everyone was awed by the fact that Raven Tail's person had been knocked off and therefore disqualified.

"When did that happen?" Levy asked.

In response, Erik gave thumbs up and Gajeel Gihee'd.

"Of course," Acnologia sighed.

The first fight of the day was between Toby Horhorta of Lamia Scale and Kurohebi of Raven Tail. Acnologia was bored with the fight until Hurohebi one and ripped apart Toby's sock... let's just say a few members had an issue with that.

"That monster, I'LL AVEGE YOUR SOCK!" Erza cried. Gajeel, Natsu, Sting, and Rogue were all desperately trying to hold the knight back.

"Why you little," Erik bit.

"Why the heck are you all worked up about this?" Laxus asked giving Erik a knock to the head that put him out cold.

"He's so cruel," Wendy frowned.

"Why on earth would he do that?" Levy asked.

"Some people like watching others suffer, it's unfortunate," Mavis sighed.

"Okay, I'm glad you all have some sort of connection to that fight but can we continue on," Acnologia sighed.

"HOW ON EARTH COULD YOU SAY THAT UNCLE!" Erik cried from afar.

Acnologia sighed.

The next fight was Bacchus vs Kagura... Bacchus had drunk... A lot, a lot a lot.

"Lehista startag dis ting!" he chuckled.

"How undignified," Kagura sneered.

The battle was over with a quick slash of Kagura's sword.

"Wow, that was impressive," Rogue applauded.

"Oh does my bro have a crush?" Sting smiled deviously.

"How dare you, I'm simply commending her impressive skills," Rogue retorted.

"CRRUUUSSSH," Sting teased.

"Now you're starting to act like Happy," Rogue sighed.

Then came Mirajane vs Jenny... Acnologia nearly died, his guild was ridiculous, a beauty competition REALLY! Then Mira went all demon and the fight was over.

The final fight was Sting vs Yukino of Sabertooth. There was no doubt that Yukino had skill, she easily threw Sting off his feet with Libra and knocked him around with Pieces. Sting, however, was used to hard fights; he fought Laxus for fun for goodness sake! Sting came down on Yukino with a white dragon talon and then a wing attack. Yukino was knocked down, the fight went to Sting... then Yukino began to cry.

"Oh my gosh are you okay, geez did I go overboard, I'm so sorry, do you need help, my sister can help, what hurts!" Sting jabbered trying to help Yukino.

"No... I'm fine," Yukino said quickly getting to her feet; she bowed to Sting, "thank you for the good fight."

"Uh, oh no problem, you're an amazing wizard, I hope we get to fight each other again," Sting smiled.

Yukino looked down, tears in her eyes, "yes, that would be nice," she said softly, and then she walked away leaving Sting to wonder what he did wrong.

Fairy Tail was still in the top rankings so naturally... more drinking. Acnologia sighed as drunken fairy tail members barreled around the bar. Then there was a knock at the door, Mira opened it to find... Yukino.

"Is Lucy Heartfillia here?" she asked meekly.

"Hey Yukino," Sting greeted running up to the door.

Yukino smiled, "hello Sting."

Then Natsu was thrown into Sting.

"Jerk I'm trying to say hello!" Sting cried.

"I'm sorry I can't control where I'm being thrown, go yell at Gajeel, he threw me!"

"You probably asked for it!"

"Well, you're asking for it!"

The two began a brawl to the side. Acnologia sighed and ordered more coffee.

"Sorry, you want Lucy, I think she's upstairs she was pretty tired," Mira told Yukino.

"Thank you, may I go see her?"

"Of course!"

Mira, Natsu, and Sting accompanied Yukino, Natsu, and Sting arguing the whole way. Yukino was there to offer her keys to Lucy who refused, telling Yukino that she obviously cared for her spirits and she couldn't do that to Yukino.

Natsu and Sting stopped arguing when they heard that she was no longer in Sabertooth. Sting seemed to freeze in place. Natsu, Sting, and Lucy escorted Yukino out of the guild and down the street, where they learned why and how she was kicked out of Sabertooth.

"How could they do that to their comrade?!" cried Lucy.

"That's just how they do things," Yukino choked.

"I'm so sorry," Sting gritted.

Yukino looked at Sting puzzled, "What are you sorry for?"

"I beat you, and because of that you were humiliated and hurt... I'm so sorry."

Yukino's eyes softened, "It's not your fault, you never meant any harm and I know that you let me get the first few hits in, I should be saying thank you, you and your guild have been so kind to me."

"Where will you go now?" Lucy asked.

"I'm not sure, but I want to go far away, somewhere where I can be alone and train, I want to get stronger, then maybe I can come back... join a guild," Yukino smiled.

"You could stay with Fairy Tail!" Sting offered.

"Thank you, but I'm done with guilds right now," Yukino sighed.

"Well, all of Fairy Tail wishes you good luck," Lucy smiled.

"Yeah, and we'll always be here for you," Natsu encouraged.

"Thank you... thank you all," Yukino smiled before turning and walking down the road.

"I can't believe that Sabertooth would do that, It's so cruel" Lucy sighed walking back towards the bar; she looked back at the dragon slayers, "you two coming?"

She didn't notice the shadows on their faces, "Nah, we're gonna enjoy the night a bit see you, Luce," Natsu smiled.

"Okay," Lucy sighed.

After she was inside both dragon slayers growled the same word, "Sabertooth."

The Sabertooth guildhall was attacked later that night.

"What the heck is going on?" Orga asked.

"I have no memory of anyone attacking this guild," Rufus cried.

"That's because it's a death wish," Doranbolt hissed.

"WHERE IS YOUR MASTER?!" Sting roared kicking a member aside.

"WHERE IS HE, SABERTOOTH?!" Natsu roared as he spat fire.

"It's two mages from Fairy Tail," Orga gaped.

"What do they want?" Doranbolt asked.

"What so two brats like you want with me?" Master Jiemma growled stepping forward.

"One loss huh?" Natsu growled.

"One loss and you're out?" Sting hissed stepping forward.

"Are... are they talking about Yukino?" Doranbolt asked.

"It appears so," Rufus answered.

"But that has nothing to do with them," Orga choked.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Doranbolt, Ikagura (yes, she joined this guild), deal with these two," Jiemma ordered.

"No problem master," Doranbolt nodded, Ikaruga simply smiled, she moved swiftly swiping at Sting... then when the dust cleared everyone was shocked... Sting had caught the blade and Ikaruga was struggling.

"OUT OF MY WAY!" he cried and he used his breath, Ikaruga was out. Doranbolt had tried to take Natsu, but with a simple punch, Doranbolt was knocked aside.

"They're two of our strongest Wizards!" someone cried.

"You kicked someone out because they lost once... how could you do that to a comrade!?" Natsu cried.

"There is only room for the strong in Sabertooth," Jiemma answered.

"Really, because all I sense is weakness," Sting growled. At this everyone froze, "If you're not strong enough to protect your comrades, then you are not strong," Sting roared.

"What do you know!?" Jiemma growled.

"Obviously more than you!" Sting cried lunging at the master, his fists glowing; Natsu stayed back, stopping any and all members that moved to hurt Sting.

Jiemma unleashed a bit of his power, but Sting awakened his dragon force and knocked him down with an attack on his leg. Everyone gasped, Jiemma had been knocked down.

"If you lose to me you're out of this guild too," Sting growled jumping in the air. He prepared to use Holy Ray, the guild was lit up with white light, but when the light cleared Minerva stood between Sting and Jiemma, she had nullified Sting's attack.

"Minerva," Jiemma threatened.

"Relax father," Minerva smiled, "I know you could have destroyed this little dragon, but we must consider our image."

"What did you say?" Sting growled.

"Killing this one would have made you look bad, even if he did start it," Minerva smiled cruelly.

"Our uncle would probably also kill you," Natsu shrugged with a smile.

"I offer a solution," Minerva laughed, in her hands appeared Lector and Happy.

"Sting-Kun," Lector cried.

"Natsu," Happy wailed.

"Lector," Sting cried.

"Happy," Natsu growled.

"If you leave peacefully, these two kitties will not get hurt," Minerva smiled.

The two dragon slayers were gritting their teeth, they threatened to erupt.

"Natsu, Sting," a deep voice roared... the two dragon slayers shrunk in shame as Acnologia walked through the broken down doors.

"Hi Uncle," both Natsu and Sting laughed nervously.

"You both are in so much trouble, I can't even begin to explain how long you will be in the punishment box," Acnologia growled storming up to the two and grabbing them by the collars of their shirts.

"Uncle wait, these guys humiliated Yukino, they kicked her out, and now they have Lector and Happy, we have to-" Sting started objecting.

"Do I look like I care?" Acnologia threatened.

"Sting-Kun," Lector cried.

Acnologia gritted his teeth, "FINE, I care." He walked up to Minerva, "Can I have my members back," Acnologia growled.

"Um," Minerva said gaping at the man.

"Do you need me to say please?" Acnologia growled threateningly.

"Oh, uh no," Minerva said releasing the two cats of their ropes, the exceeds ran to Sting and Natsu who immediately comforted their partners.

"I apologize for their behavior hope you will forgive them, blah, blah, blah, blah, goodnight," Acnologia growled dragging the two dragon slayers out of the guild.

"Uncle, they hurt Yukino, you can't let them go!" Sting cried.

"Yeah, what happened to 'Guildmates are comrades and comrades are family', you taught us that!" Natsu argued.

This made Acnologia freeze, "Sting, Natsu, I will not ask you again."

"But Uncle!" Sting objected.

"Leave," Acnologia growled dropping the two.

The two understanding his tone quickly scrambled out of the guild, their exceeds in their hands. Acnologia looked back at the stunned Sabertooth members, "They're right you know; if you can't protect your family, then you are weak."

"Who are you?" Jiemma growled.

"Acnologia, the dragon of the apocalypse," Acnologia answered letting the name sink in. Everyone in the room shuttered. Acnologia's fame had spread far and wide, he was known to be the strongest wizard, stronger than all the wizard saints put together.

"Ah, surely a strong wizard such as yourself realizes that the weak only slow the strong down," Jiemma smiled.

"I used to think that way, I couldn't understand why the strong helped the weak, why on earth should I be concerned about those below me," Acnologia smiled slowly walking forward.

"Exactly that is the way!" Jiemma nodded.

"But back then, I also wanted to exterminate human and dragon races," Acnologia chuckled.

Jiemma did a double-take.

"Why should I care, humans are so weak and foolish, they're simple insects made to be killed, and dragons were monsters, tell me Jiemma, if everyone thought as you did, you would be dead," Acnologia smiled.

Jiemma shivered when he looked at Acnologia. Minerva looked on in awe.

"B-but what changed your mind!" Jiemma cried.

"Many things, many things," Acnologia chuckled leaving the guild, "Watch you back Sabertooth, if you wage war on Fairy Tail; none of you will remain unscathed." With that, he left the guildhall.

"Such a strong wizard," Minerva said in awe, she had only heard tales of the great dragon.

"He has become weak... but perhaps we can use this weakness to our advantage," Jiemma laughed.

"What are you planning?" Minerva asked, for the first time in her life, she feared another guild... and her father planned to wage war against it.

The next day, a replacement had been called in for Sabertooth, some wizard that no one knew and no one really cared about. The crowd was pumped for day 3 of the grand magic games. The day began with Pandemonium, the participants being Millianna, Hibiki, Erza, Mira, Jura, Obra, Orga, and Nobarley. Erza swept the competition, going first she destroyed all one-hundred monsters, everyone seemed surprised but Acnologia simply shrugged, her nickname was Titania, what did these people expect? Because Erza ruined Pandemonium, everyone else had to use the MPF. Millianna went scored 365, Hibiki scored 95, Orga 3825, Jura 8544, and finally came Mira. Everyone had seen her go full demon... but no one was quite expecting what came next.

"Satan Soul Halphas," Mira smiled shifting into her new form, she then looked up at Makarov, "Sorry master, I know you don't like me doing this, but now I'm sure to win," Mira smiled devilishly.

"MIRA DON'T YOU-" Makarov began to warn.

"Cosmic beam, destruction form!" called Mira raising her hand... well claw towards the machine, a glowing sphere of blue and green energy began to form.

"Dare," Makarov sighed.

"It could have been worse, Mavis could have Fairy Glittered them," Acnologia chuckled.

"I'm getting De Ja Vu, and I don't know why," Mavis pondered.

Mira unleashed the spell and when the dust cleared... she had broken the machine... 

'SHE BROKE THE MACHINE!!' a voice in his head cried.

"Come on Mira," Acnologia sighed.

"M-M-Mira," Makarov cried.

So Fairy Tail's team B received 2nd place while team A was in 1st, everyone else followed.

Nothing exciting happened in the fights... first came Millianna vs Semmes, Millianna won. Then came Eve Tearm vs Rufus, surprise surprise Rufus won, then came Nullpudding of Rave Tail vs Beth Vanderwood of Mermaid Heel, Beth won with a cabbage cannon and a carrot missile... who knew vegetables were deadly? Nah Nullpudding was fine... mostly. Finally came Sherria vs Wendy.

Now Gray had suffered a nasty blow to the head by a wild flying table last night so Porlyusica was holding him captive against his will. Therefore putting Wendy in Fairy Tail Team B.

(Meanwhile at the guild bar)

"LET ME GO!" Gray cried rushing towards the door.

"Gray my love you must be properly healed," Juvia cried.

"Get back in bed you rebel!" Lyon yelled putting Gray in a chokehold and dragging him back up the stairs.

"I'm fine," Gray choked gasping for air.

"You have a broken rib and a concussion because apparently, tables hurt more than other mages!" Ur cried.

"Oh, hi Ur," both boys said sheepishly.

"Gray get back in bed before I beat you for Porlyusica!" Ur commanded.

"Yes mam," Gray said quickly.

"Lyon, don't let your brother leave that room, and Juvia," Ur cried turning to Juvia.

"Yes, mam?" Juvia asked.

"Do you want to play cards with me?" Ur asked suddenly.

"Cards? Juvia has never played cards."

"Great I'll teach you, Gray and Lyon never want to play and Cana is constantly drunk and does not make a good partner."

"O-okay."

(Back at the Grand Magic Games)

"YOU GOT THIS WENDY!" Natsu cheered as Wendy fought the sky god slayer, he had his hands in the air and was pumping his fists.

"GOOD HIT KID!" Gajeel called as Wendy gave Sherria a sky dragon claw.

"WATCH OUT FOR THAT COUNTER ATTACK!" Sting cried as Sherria threw Wendy off her feet. He was practically jumping up and down with excitement.

"RETALIATE!" Rogue cried gripping the railing.

"USE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE, YOU GOT THIS!" Laxus encouraged.

"COME ON WENDY YOU CAN DO THIS!" Erik cheered leaning over the railing.

"Keep going," Acnologia coaxed, "Wendy! Use it!"

"Use what?" Makarov asked overhearing Acnologia's soft encouragement.

"I gave Wendy a book of ancient texts, in it, were Dragon Slayer spell written by Grandeeney, her foster mother," Acnologia smiled.

"How did you get that?" Makarov asked.

"Porlyusica had it, I assume she received it from Grandeeney's old nest on one of your travels, when she was still active in the guild," Acnologia smiled.

"So..." Makarov said looking down at Wendy.

"Shh, watch," Mavis giggled

The fight intensified both girls using immensely strong spells. In the end, they tied.

Wendy emerged banged and bruised but was all grins. She skipped all the way back to the bar where the guild stayed, her brothers tailing her... unknown to them was the fact that they were being followed. Acnologia could have sensed their stalker if he had been there, but he was still at the arena talking with Makarov and the other guild masters.

Minerva carefully watched the dragon slayers as they walked down the street.

"I'm so proud of you little sis," Erik laughed patting Wendy's head.

"Oni-Chan I tied, I didn't win," Wendy giggled moving away.

"Don't sell yourself short, we've gone up against a god slayer, one of them gave Natsu trouble," Rogue smiled.

"No, he didn't," Natsu denied.

"Oh yeah, you would have died had we'd not been there," Sting smiled smugly.

"You wanna bet!?" Natsu cried.

"Shut up, this is Wendy's special moment!" Charle ordered.

"You did good kid," Gajeel smiled looking down at Wendy

"Yeah, I wish I could thank Grandeeney for that spell... it was really helpful," Wendy smiled. A somber mood descended on the group.

Minerva pushed herself against the wall she was hiding behind, "Who's Grandeeney?" she pondered.

"I'm sure that you'll get to thank her one day," Natsu encouraged.

"Yeah," Wendy said a happy tine returning to her voice.

"Okay, that's enough depressing discussions," Laxus sighed.

"Laxus WHOA!" Wendy cried as Laxus picked her up and put her on his shoulders, "Woah!" she cried happily.

"Whoa now you're super tall Wendy," Lector smiled flying around her head.

"Wow, you must see everything from your height," Wendy laughed looking happily at all the shops from her new vantage point.

Laxus only smiled in response.

"Hold on, I'm tall too!" Gajeel gritted.

"Don't ruin this moment Gajeel," Pantherlily scolded

"Now my cat's giving me etiquette lessons!" Gajeel cried.

Minerva looked at the dragon slayers, something in her heart weighing her down. She was supposed to give her father the report before they set their plan into place, but both he and the plan could wait a few moments... she needed... no, she wanted to know why these seven were so happy. She knew about Laxus's parents from the guild records, his mother had disappeared shortly after his birth and his father had been marked down as abusive, ever since that day he had been watched over by Acnologia marked down as an Uncle in relations. Everyone knew that Acnologia wasn't his uncle, but who was going to argue. Erik was marked as an orphan, but after deeper digging into the magic counsel's records, she found that he was from a dark guild, rescued by Acnologia, also marked as an Uncle. The other five seemed to just spontaneously appear at once.

"Hey, Laxus... are you comfortable with your fight tomorrow?" Wendy asked suddenly.

"Huh, oh yeah why shouldn't I be?" Laxus asked.

"Well... you're fighting your dad's guild," Sting spoke up.

"Pfft, he's not my dad," Laxus said shaking his head.

"Huh?" Happy asked.

"I mean sure biologically you could call him my "father" but he never acted like a dad, in all honesty, Uncle had always been like a father to me," Laxus shrugged.

"I still can't believe a father can act like that," Erik hissed.

Minerva breathed, 'You'd be surprised what a father can do to his child' she thought.

"Yeah isn't he the one who put the dragon lacrima into you?" Sting asked.

Erik looked to Laxus wondering if he would respond, Laxus's gazed darkened.

"Laxus, are you okay?" Wendy asked leaning forward.

"Yes, my father forced me to become a dragon slayer," Laxus said.

"He could have killed you," Rogue snarled.

"Yeah, but I'm kinda thankful, if he hadn't I might have not have been your sibling," Laxus chuckled.

"No way, no matter who you are or what magic you use you'll always be our big brother," Wendy smiled hugging Laxus's head.

"Thanks, Wendy," Laxus smiled.

"I wish I was gonna fight Raven Tail tomorrow just to show your dad what it means to mess with my bro," Natsu growled.

"You're gonna be okay fighting your dad's mages right?" Rogue asked concerned.

"Oh yeah, I don't care how he's related to me, he's not my family. My family, it's right here," Laxus smiled looking up at Wendy, "Fairy Tail is my family and anyone who messes with Fairy Tail will feel my wrath."

"We'll always be behind you Laxus," Sting cheered.

"Yeah... we'll be supporting you, do me a favor and get knocked upside the head," Erik snickered.

"Leave it to you to ruin a happy moment," Laxus sighed.

Minerva slipped into her space bubble and appeared at the Sabertooth guildhall in her room. She collapsed on her bed thinking back to the seven people who seemed to be broken in their own ways. Even though they were so different they were so close. She thought back; Wendy was the weakest, but her brothers who were immensely strong supported her allowing her to improve... would Yukino have done the same if given the chance? She found that she was terrified, if she failed, it would mean horrible punishments from her father... she might even get kicked out of the guild. But she was even more scared that she would succeed... that would mean threatening, hurting the Dragon of the Apocalypse and his family... what wrath would she bring upon herself?

"Minerva!" Her father's harsh voice called out for her, "Are you ready?!"

"Yes Master," she choked as she left her room.

"So Fro, how do you think we're going to do on the fifth day?" Lector asked, as the twin dragon slayers and their partners

"Fro thinks that everyone will do wonderful!" Frosch answered.

"Just like you Frosch all butterflies and rainbows," Lector laughed.

"Rainbow? Where!?" Frosch cried excitedly looking around.

Sting and Rogue walked next to each other silently, Sting was the first to break the silence.

"Do you think Laxus will be okay?" he asked.

"Oh yeah, Erik is his partner and both of us know that Erik is deadly when he's angry," Rogue smiled.

"Yeah, I almost pity whoever they go against," Sting laughed.

Minerva shook as she moved to strike... this was it, her future depended on this one moment... her guilds future... her father's future.

"Do it Minerva!" her father hissed.

Minerva shook... the two were still acting carefree, their exceeds romping around happily... why couldn't they sense the danger.

'Notice me, run away, please getaway,' Minerva begged silently.

"Minerva!" Her father hissed.

Minerva moved and the plan came into action.

"What do you mean Sting and Rogue quit!?" Gajeel objected.

"They quit, they left Fairy Tail," Makarov shook.

"When, why!?" Natsu cried.

"They left a note... they said they were done and were now moving on," Makarov shook.

"That's not true!" Wendy cried. Everyone turned to see the young dragon slayer, "Sting and Rogue would never leave unless they were forced to, they'd never abandon their nakamas, never!" she cried, she squeezed her fists.

"She's right," Erik said, he was sitting on a window sill in the shadows, "Sting and Rogue were acting completely normal yesterday, their thoughts were on the fifth day's battle, I would know if they were planning to quit, and they weren't."

"Which means that someone must have made them... or someone forged the letter," Laxus growled.

"Enough," Acnologia gritted. Everyone jumped at his voice, "Whatever has happened, we must stay focused, Sting and Rogue will be at the competition, I'm sure of it, we have to be ready, I don't know why they left... but I do know that they didn't leave on their own accord. If we act rashly, we may do more harm than good. For now, we continue on until we understand more of the situation am I clear?" he eyed everyone.

"Yes sir," they all nodded.

"Good, for now, Cana and Juvia will take Sting and Rogue's place" Acnologia sighed. Everyone nodded, "now let's go finish this competition quickly."

The next day began with all the teams taking the field... there was a change to Sabertooth's team.

"Sting, Rogue?' Natsu questioned as Sting and Rogue walked onto the field with Sabertooth tattoos on.

"What are you doing!?' Laxus growled.

"Why can't I hear your thoughts?" Erik asked his eyes wide.

Rogue looked to the floor unable to meet the eyes of his comrades, Sting, however, looked up to Natsu, pain-filled his blue eyes.

"I'm sorry," he choked. Then Sabertooth left the field.

"I-I don't understand," Lucy stuttered.

"Sting... Rogue," Wendy choked from the sidelines.

The day began with an event called the "naval battle"; the participants were Risely, Jenny, Lucy, Juvia, Sherria, Minerva, and Rocker. Rocker, Sherria, Risely, and Jenney were knocked out almost immediately by Juvia and Lucy who were working together... all that was left was Minerva.

(Flashback to Minerva and her father before the event)

"No father, I can't do that," Minerva denied.

"The fairies have embarrassed us, I want them to pay for it," Jiemma cackled.

"But... but the twin dragons are already tied around our finger... this is just cruel!"

"You will do it Minerva, and you will enjoy it."

"...Yes, father."

"I'm sorry..." Minerva thought as she blasted Juvia out of the ring.

"JUVIA!" Lucy cried as Juvia fell to the earth.

"Juvia is sorry Lucy!" Juvia cried.

Lucy reached down and found that her keys were gone.

"Looking for this?" Minerva taunted. Lucy turned and found Minerva holding her pouch and whip, "you won't need them."

Minerva began to beat Lucy... and she refused to let Lucy leave the water sphere. Lucy was hurt.

All of Fairy Tail watched in horror... as did Sting and Rogue.

"She has to stop... she has to stop," Sting shook as he gripped the railing.

"No she doesn't, this is great," Orga chuckled.

"You monster," Sting growled sending Orga a threatening glare.

"You should remember what's at stake here, I know I do," Rufus chuckled.

"We'll kill you," Rogue threatened from the shadows; "Once this is over we'll kill you all."

"I'd like to see you try... you'll end up like Blonde is in the sphere," Orga laughed.

"LUCY!" Natsu yelled.

Sting and Rogue looked to see Minerva drop Lucy out of the sphere; they rushed to the railing and breathed when they saw that Natsu had caught her. Everyone crowded around Lucy who wouldn't move, Minerva left the field with a smug look on her face.

"Lucy," Sting choked.

"Oh don't tell me you're gonna cry," Orga taunted.

"Lucy's always been kind, and now she's hurt... she's hurt... and I'm on the side that hurt her," Sting choked.

"You should think of who else will be hurt if you don't help us win," Minerva smiled as she walked up the stairs and entered the balcony.

"You monster," Rogue spat trying to stop himself from lunging at Minerva.

"Bad dragon," Minerva taunted, she walked past the two and smiled as Lucy was dragged off the field, "father was right, it is so much easier to hurt once you've done it before."

Then there was inhuman snarling, the three Sabertooth mages looked to Rogue and Sting who were snarling like cornered animals.

"What is wrong with you two," Orga sneered.

"You're right Rogue... we'll kill them," Sting snarled baring his teeth.

"You should watch yourselves... because we will come for you," Rogue hissed.

"Try to, and you will regret it dearly," Minerva smiled summoning a space bubble.

"STING-KUN," Lector's voice cried.

"ROOOOGGUUE!" Frosch cried.

You couldn't see them but their voices were loud and clear, Sting and Rogue tensed, as did Erik who heard them.

"P-please don't," Sting choked.

"Don't hurt him," Rogue gritted.

"I won't, as long as you too behave," Minerva threatened.

"That's it," Erik breathed

"What's it?" Laxus asked.

"I know how their controlling Sting and Rogue," Erik growled looking to Laxus.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 48 9
Bahamut was the dragon god of chaos, the son of Acnologia the apocalypse dragon king and Trihexa the chaos goddess and big brother to Hexa the dragon...
772 94 21
"It's been quite a journey, hasn't it, mother and father? Who would've thought it would've turned out this way? Who knows... what's yet to come for u...
6.8K 279 40
I remember my father... although, I wish I remember more. I mostly remember him laughing, always, laughing. And then they came... and I never saw my...
52.8K 1.9K 24
Lucy held the picture in her hands, listening to the deafening roar of her opponent. Juvia and Gray lay on the ground behind her, Gray's body thrown...