thief.

By asanation-

jennie tests the popularized phrase of 'ride or die' when she comes back in contact with a now dangerous frie... More

๐•ฅ๐•™๐•š๐•–๐•—.
the town home.
the medic.
the other doctor.
the bag of chips.
the club.
the fight.
the video.
the sandwich.
the basement.
the office.
the neighbors.
the bathroom.
the racer.
the racer pt. 2
the couch.
the club dancer.
the cup of coffee.
the problem.
the stare.
the water bottle.
the arena.
the daydream.
the gun.
the soirรฉe.
the jinx.
the nickname.
the knock.
the phonecall.
the move.
the admirer.
the invite.
the lunch.
the shot pt. 1
the shot pt. 2
the day off.
the flowers.
the breakdown.
the storm.
the kitchen.
the surprise trip.
the mom.
the photo.
the bruise.
the girlfriend.
the shirt.
the past.
the girl.
the chair.
the dress.
the sister.
the break-in.
the jump-attack.
the weakness.
the reveal.
the abduction.
the deal.
the deal pt.2
the sacrifice.
the break.
the thief.
the epilogue.

the bullet.

7K 468 318
By asanation-

There was another call-out between Baekhyun and Taehyung. She hadn't joined them this time.

But lately things had been so busy for Jennie. Her residency was wrapping up, and her higher-ups kept pressing Jennie for the reason on why she declined a position at the hospital.

She just wouldn't be able to manage it with her position at Bangtan. It was hard enough, keeping things a secret from Taeyong, making sure no one conflicted with her packed schedule.

Would she ever be able to tell Taeyong about this?

She frowned, hands lingering on a countertop. What exactly was the status on him and Seulgi?

Taeyong hadn't spoken much about her lately—asides from saying he was seeing her.

But what did he mean by that? There was a vast range in 'seeing each other'?

Were they legit or no?

Jennie personally made a note to go interrogate Seulgi in her free time.

Unfortunately, she had been so busy, maybe Taeyong hadn't told her what exactly was the gist since she was busy.

That seemed more logical, unfortunately. Damn, she felt slightly bad, since he was always there to listen to hers, but she couldn't reciprocate. The brunette groaned, promptly setting her phone. She finished pushing away the other medical supplies in the room, then sat up upon hearing her phone buzz.

unknown: hey its irene. call-out went kinda bad, be prepared to deal with a gunshot wound.

jennie: k, how far away are you? do i need to meet you somewhere?

irene: no, jin is already 2 minutes away from the base. sit tight

Someone got shot? Jennie didn't like the dreading feeling sinking in her stomach. Of course, she would have to get used to this if this were to be her new life.

But these people were her friends. Despite them doing what they did, it still hurt to see them get hurt.

Lisa had gone to the call-out. What if...

There was a loud commotion, following with Irene who bustled inside the clinical room.

"It's Jungkook." She breathed, clearly out of breath. It seemed like she had bolted inside. "He got shot."

"Where is he?"

"Namjoon's bringing him inside. Jen, it is not pretty, you're going to have to work fast."

"So this one is legit." Jennie sighed in distress. "How's Lisa?"

"Not good."

"This is my fault!" A familiar female shrieked, following with a louder sob. Jennie and Irene turned.

"Lay him down. I'll be there in just a second."

"There were a few minor injuries, I'll take care of those." Irene patted Jennie's shoulder before moving. The brunette rushed over to Lisa's side.

"Lis? Babe, what's wrong?"

"H-He—"

Jennie sat her down in a chair near Jungkook, who was unconscious.

She sighed. This was going to hurt.

The wound was a lot worse than the one Jennie had seen with Yeri or Hoseok. She shuddered, snapping on her gloves.

"Does she even know what she's doing?" The voice taunted, coming from behind Jennie. She chose to ignore Dahyun, applying direct pressure onto the wound to cut off the severe bleeding.

Irene had informed her that Jungkook was currently under some form of anesthetic which she had given while they were in the van. Thank goodness for that girl and her fast thinking.

"Dahyun, we don't have time for this." Yeri barked. "Jungkook was fucking shot, leave her the hell alone."

"I'm just saying." She grumbled. "How do you guys even know she's like properly certified or whatever?"

Lisa was oddly silent, Jennie spared her a glance, noticing the blonde was just watching sadly.

"Don't worry." Jennie mumbled. "He'll be fine."

She wasn't lying, Jungkook would be fine. Sure, he got shot, but luckily not in a place which would be fatal. Thank god.

However, it was still bad.

After several laborious and excruciatingly anxious minutes for Jennie, she set aside the extracted bullet from Jungkook. The worst was over.

"Is this really taking that long?"

"Dahyun." Irene hissed. "Leave Jennie alone, she's currently in the middle of something."

"Well I don't think she is—"

"If you're jealous, you can just say so." Jennie turned, locking her gaze on the shorter.

"Why would I be? Of you?" Dahyun scoffed. "You wish."

"This is just immature. I'm just trying to do my job—what I was hired for—and you can't handle it. What the hell is your problem?"

"You think you can just force everyone to listen to you?"

"Shut up." Jennie spat. "If you want to help, which would be gladly appreciated, then be my guest and do so. But don't march into my fucking room, demand me of my time when I have more important things to do."

She pointed to Jungkook. "He was shot, don't you understand? I am the most qualified one out of everyone here to deal with a gunshot wound, if you give me my space then I will be able to do my job."

"Dahyun, just get out." Lisa growled. "If you're smart, you'll leave."

Dahyun scoffed, then turned without a further response. Lisa slumped her head back down.

This was going to be a long night.

Long night it was, just as Irene bade her good nights, and started to finish clearing up the room, Taehyung appeared in his might and glory.

Decorated with a fresh cut along his shoulder. It was deep. Jennie pinched the bridge of her nose, letting hot air slip through her mouth.

"Where were you?"

"I was..." He sighed. "taking care of business."

"That's your excuse for everything." She gestured to the table. "Sit down, you're lucky I didn't leave yet."

"Someone's grumpy."

"I'm just tired." Jennie whined, reopening the medical supply kit. "And you're the one keeping me further away from my bed."

She heard him laugh, then turned her face away, flustered.

Half of his shirt peeled off for better access to his injured arm, Jennie sucked in a breath at the color of it.

"You didn't think to let business wait?"

"It was important." He mumbled, eyes never leaving her face. She bit her lip.

"What happened?"

"It was a knife."

"You're always hurting yourself." Jennie shook her head, disinfecting the wound. "Once again, you're lucky you have me."

"I suppose I am."

She looked up at those words, surprised to find Taehyung already looking at her.

"I've been worried about you. That scene at the last call-out keeps troubling me."

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine."

"That's something you would say even if you aren't." Jennie bit her lip again upon seeing him wince from the pain.

"I'm fine, trust me." He breathed. "This always happens."

"People are always trying to kill you?"

"Well, not always, but it certainly isn't the first time."

"Why do they want you dead so badly?"

"Baekhyun and I have our reasons not to like each other. He chooses to be a bit more immature about it by always resorting to violence, but that's just his personality."

"Sounds like you know him well."

"I do." He watched as Jennie's fingers gingerly wrapped his arm with a bandage. "Had we not hated each other, then we probably would be good friends."

"Makes sense." She glanced back at Taehyung again. "But how do you know he won't try again?"

"Well I can't guarantee that—"

"Taehyung—" She was suddenly silenced when his finger reached up to her lips, shushing her.

"Stop worrying about me. It's like you haven't changed a single bit."

Jennie was suddenly out of breath. Taehyung was well aware of this, he smirked to himself then leaned back.

"Worrying is my forte." She mumbled, forgetting what she supposed to do momentarily.

"Damnit, you distracted me." Jennie grumbled, moving away from him to pull at her hair, scanning around to remember what exactly she was trying to do.

He laughed again.

"Right, you need to lay off on that arm." Jennie nodded, pointing at his arm. "I will wrap your arm for you if you come to see me whenever you're free."

"And uh..."

"If this is about me staying away from Baekhyun or anything about me staying safe, Jennie—relax."

"I'm perfectly calm." She pouted, her eyes flitting over to his arm. Suddenly piqued at a sight she hadn't noticed before, Taehyung watched as her fingers trailed over his bicep.

"Is this like a group emblem or something? Lisa has the same thing."

"It is. How observant."

"It's pretty." Jennie whispered, admiring the ink design. "Did Jungkook do it? He's very good at that."

"He did." Taehyung glanced over at the younger, who was knocked out and fast asleep on the table across the room. Lisa lay next to him, probably asleep.

"Is he going to be fine? I was worried."

"Oh yes. He'll definitely be fine, JK just needs to rest and probably do a little therapy to get his shoulder back to it's normal shape."

"What he did wasn't that different from what you did, you know."

Jennie looked back to him, confused. Taehyung nodded.

"Someone tried to shoot Lisa, he just jumped in front of her, and pushed her out of the way."

"That's why she was saying it's her fault." Jennie fiddled with her hands. "Most of time I just can't take them seriously, but it seems they are definitely serious about each other."

Jennie didn't know where she was going with this.

"Sometimes I wish I had that."

She missed that feeling, well more importantly she missed Taehyung. Even though he was right in front of her, even though she saw him almost every single day, even though she lived next to him...

It wasn't enough for Jennie.

Just seeing wasn't enough for her, she missed the whole feeling of bliss she had just being to hold hands with him.

She sounded desperate. But seven years had been a long time and Jennie didn't realize exactly how much she would miss him.

Jennie blinked when Taehyung tugged down on the crook of her elbow, decreasing the amount of space between them. Her hand immediately made their way around his neck to balance herself.

"Have what?"

"The way Jungkook looks at Lisa," She trailed. "I wish I had that."

"Are you sure you don't?"

Her breath hitched. She had a feeling she knew what he meant but...

"Seven years hasn't changed anything Jennie."

"I don't want you to get hurt because of me." The brunette found herself running a hand into Taehyung's hair, just like she always used to. "I don't think I can handle that."

"And I don't think you will ever have to." His arms wrapped around her waist, tugging her closer. She could feel his steady breathing now.

Taehyung reached up to her head, brushing his fingers through her bangs neatly before kissing her forehead.

Jennie didn't want to plan on letting go of him anytime soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 206 31
two best friends, grow together, they are like 'one soul in two different bodies ' both have crush but on different people and they start dating w...
17.6K 724 26
???: She is alive. I know and she is somewhere! She will come back to take revenge!! ???: Whoever you are. I am not gonna leave you for destroyi...
227K 9.2K 42
Jennie Kim, daughter of a gang leader was given a mission to hunt and kill the son of another gang leader, Kim Taehyung. Secrets revealed throughout...
247K 9.3K 31
Jennie : "Stop. Just stop. It's nasty." โ€ขโ€ขโ€ข - in which Jennie catches Taehyung doing something bad and Taehyung develops a new nickname.