Her Darkness, His Light (Book...

By SJSebastian

"Come here" he said motioning for me to step closer. I knew that I had to obey his every word. It was just th... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Part 1)
Chapter 19 (Part 2)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1)
Chapter 23 (Part 2)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Part 1)
Chapter 30 (Part 2)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter (Just for You💖)
Book 2

Chapter 30 (Part 3)

105K 4.5K 2.4K
By SJSebastian

Hellooooooooo! Another chapter is here!

So a lot will happen and I switched to different POV's

While reading please take note of that and DO NOT get confused.

I repeat this chapter contains many different POV's. Don't get confused.

Also contains a bit of violence though not very detailed but still.....it can be very triggering to some of you. To those of you who are easily triggered, I suggest you skip Percival's POV.

Lemme know what you think about this chapter.

Have a Wonderful Day ahead. God bless you guys!

💕💖💕💖💕💖💕💖💕💖💕💖

############################

Third Person's POV

Kyle cradled Prince Timothy's head on his lap while India massaged the young prince's temple. He looked so weak and fragile. Kyle wasn't use to seeing him like this and he hated every second of it.

The cell they were in was quiet except for the sounds of birds, particularly pigeons. They were located high up in a tower for prisoners, at the back of the castle.

The birds' cooing noises were the only thing they could actually bear.

"Why is this happening?! Wait till the King and Queen find out about the old hag," Kyle grumbled. India only looked more saddened. "What if....what if I'm already too late?" she whispered. "I hope they're alive," a tear slipped out of her eye, rolled down her cheek and fell on the Prince's neck.

"They are." Prince Timothy breathe out. He admired India for her brave attempts. She was an incredible friend.

"Thank you my prince. I just hope we had a way of getting all these awful news to your parents somehow," she sniffed.

"You said you came on a horse?" Kyle asked.

"Yes?"

"Where is it?"

"In the stables. Why?" India looked puzzled.

"I just wish there was a way to send a message through it." India just gaped at him.

"So where are we going to get the paper and the pen genius?! And does Rexamus know how to go to White Winter's Land?! Does he know where to find the Royals? Oh, and how do we get to him?! Hmm? What a genius." India muttered.

"Hey let me brainstorm. At least I'm trying!" he said defensively.

"Animals were used to send important messages. People still use animals sometimes," he muttered thinking hard.

"Yes Kyle, but we can't write anything and we're locked up! If we're going to use them anyway, we need one which is free and then we'd have to tell.....tell......t...tell

Them." India finished. Her eyes suddenly filled with realization.

"You wanna tell your horse what to do? And you insulted me just now?"

"We can use them Kyle. Just not a horse....and thank you," She moved forward and kissed Kyle's cheek. 

After moving away from a surprised Kyle, India reached up to the small window and looked out for the birds. The problem was the gap between the bars. They were too close.

Prince Timothy saw this and sat up with much difficulty. The venom was starting to take full effect.

"Lie down before you kill yourself boy!!" Kyle panicked unnecessarily.

To India's amazement, two bars started to bend and curve outwards making the center gap bigger. "Nice. Thank you again my prince." The young prince however fell back on Kyle. His eyes were closing and his body became so much weaker. He couldn't use much of his powers in his current state. Just by bending the small bars, it worn him out.

India wasted no time in stretching her hand out. She then started to whistle a tune. This went on for some time until finally a bird landed on her open palm. She gently closed her fingers around it and brought it in.

She sat down with the beautiful white pigeon in her hand while she gently stroked it's head and back while whispering something to the bird.

"And she's talking to a pigeon. Why does everyone call me crazy?" Kyle whispered to himself.

"I'm trying something. All my life, I've only seen my great grandma do this twice. Hopefully it works."

"She talks to pigeons too?" India rolled her eyes.

"No!  I mean it's not what you think. We have a spell which can somehow link ourselves to a being and show them whatever you want them to do."

"It only works on birds or.....?"

"I'm....not too sure about that. I've only seen my great grandma do it with birds so...we'll see."

"How is it to know where to go, and unless you can make pigeons talk, how is it going to let the Royals know what's going on?!!"

"Sshh, he's asleep," she whispered pointing at Prince Timothy. He didn't have the strength to stay awake anymore.

"It's not just me telling it. This spell allows me to share my thoughts and what I know. I know the way to White Winter's Land and that's enough even if I haven't been there before. I know what the Royals look like so these information should do," she said with hope in her eyes.

Hopefully she remembered how her great grandma did it.

"Okay, shoot." Kyle said impatiently. He was put in a cell for three nights just for visiting his sister and now he's locked up for no particular reason.

"Fuck my life," he grumbled. Then stared at India and the bird. He didn't understand what India was doing or what she was mumbling but the bird actually seemed to be listening. It remained still only concentrating on India.

India looked deep into the pigeons eyes and allowed her thoughts and knowledge flow. She freed her mind and thought about the way to White Winter's Land and the Royals. She thought about the events that took place the moment after she met with the young Prince. To make things easier and more specific for her messenger, India concentrated on one Royal in particular.

Prince Zenas Everett.

He is a warrior and he's young and powerful. He'll surely bring the princess as well. Another fighter. She couldn't afford to waste any more time . India could only believe the message will get through. Fast.

While she allowed her thoughts to flow she spoke out the simple spell. It was one of the very first spells taught to her by her great grandma. While she was saying it, the pupils of the pigeon dilated. Then it turned completely black.

"Go now. Hurry," the bird immediately flew out the window.

"Now, if I did everything right, Prince Zenas will only have to hold the pigeon. Everything I allowed the bird to know will flow to him."

"I think it'll work," Kyle spoke up.

"Why do you say that suddenly?" she raised a brow.

"Your eyes were almost glowing." Kyle said still staring at her.

~~~~~~~~~

The Princess Esmeralda was training the pack warriors tirelessly. Pushing them for hours and making sure that everyone was excellent enough in her eyes. She was a perfectionist when it came to battles, training and fighting. This was a whole different side of the gentle, feminine princess. She could be sweet and poise or a vicious warrior when she chooses to be.

She made the warriors fight and train in both wolf form and human form.

That particular day, she was angry with her older brother. He gave all the work to her while he sat down and watched the werewolves train.

After two more hours of combat training, the princess grew tired herself and ended it. She turned around and saw that Prince Zenas was still sitting under the tree. He seemed to be doing something but she couldn't make out anything as his back was facing her.

She marched up to where he was, all sweaty and worked up.

"Listen here you idiot!! I'm not coming out of the mansion tomorrow!! You'll train them yourself and I'll be watching while sipping on a big jar of cold orange juice!!

Zenas are you listening?! I'm talking to you!" he then slowly turned to face her. He had a sullen look on his face. He was also puzzled at the same time.

"What's wrong?" the princess questioned. She knew something was off. Her brother then revealed a white pigeon in his hands.

"Are you sad because it can't fly? Becau..."

"It came with a message Val," he spoke without a hint of playfulness.

"O..okay what is it?" Prince Zenas sighed before telling her that their little brother is being held captive by Lord Marcus.

"There's something more Val, I'm just not getting it. All the 'whys' and the 'hows' still remain a mystery. We have to go."

"Okay, but how do you know? I mean how do we really know?  Because of this bird?"

"I know it sounds weird but this pigeon came directly to me. Flew directly at me. It wasn't carrying a letter. The message was given through a spell."

"More reason to be weary but...if Timothy's in trouble...."

"Then we have to go. It's Timothy we're talking about. It seemed like he was already hurt. Truth or lie, we have to find out."

"Let's go to mother and father." With that both siblings went inside the mansion.

~~~

"You're saying Lord Marcus. A Lord, a noble vampire and one of the main council members has my son locked up in a cell?" King Caelestinus demanded.

"That's the message," the prince answered. "We have to go father. If it's true then he might hurt Timothy more."

"Take some of the pack warriors with you," the King commanded.

"Already planning on it. Val is also coming with me. I need her."  King Caelestinus nodded at this. "Careful princess," he said softly to his only daughter.

"Always am, father."

They turned and were about to leave when their mother stopped them.

"One more thing. If the message was true and Timothy is hurt, I want you to keep Lord Marcus alive," she spoke in a low tone which made even the King feel uneasy. "Tell him the Queen and her eldest son, Prince Phoenix will deal with him separately. Nobody messes with any of my children. Nobody."

"My precious, if the message is true we will have Lord Marcus punished alright. Calm down," he reached for the queens hand but she slapped it away.

"Not now." She said coldly and glared at him.

"Okay."

The princess smiled at the queen with pride. "I'll tell him that myself mother. Nothing to worry about."

"Be very careful, both of you. I expect a call as soon as you have everything under your control." Queen Charlotte said before they left the mansion.

Prince Zenas rounded up twenty of the pack's best werewolf warriors all chosen by his sister, and they took off towards Silver Heights.

~~~~~~~~~

Prince Zenas' POV

Me sister and I rode in my favorite car while some of the werewolves drove behind us. The rest of them decided to run in their wolf form, insisting that they would reach Lord Marcus's castle faster. I was more than willing to allow it.

It was a five hour drive. With my car. The werewolf warriors who ran reached the castle only a little earlier than my sister and I. The rest who drove arrived less than an hour later. I immediately went to front gates and demanded entrance.

The guard at duty however explained that Lord Marcus was at a meeting and that he had no permission to let anyone in.

I almost ripped his head off but then I controlled myself. The werewolves in their wolf form gave all the guards menacing growls.

"I am Prince Zenas Everett and this is my sister, Princess Esmeralda Valentina. The children of King Caelestinus and Queen Charlotte. As you know we are also Royal Pure Bloods. So I'm telling you again, guard, let us in before we kill every single one of you in a blink of an eye." 

He just stared at me, frozen to the ground. For a second I believed he actually didn't know who we were. Whatever the case, he was talking too long I was going to snap his neck when another guard came running towards the gates. He seemed to be their leader.

~~~~~~~~~

India's POV

The Sun was setting and it was already getting dark when the head guard came to check up on all the prisoners.

When he reached our cell, he stared at Prince Timothy's half asleep state.

"Is this going to be worth it?" I asked the man who let me into the castle. "You are going to pay for this you know."

"We are under direct orders from Lord Marcus. We serve Lord Marcus. We swore an oath!"

"This is your Prince!! What do you think is going to happen when the King and Queen come barging in?!!" Kyle yelled at him.

"Let us out sir," I said to the head guard. I knew he didn't want to do this. None of them wanted to. They were just following orders given by their master.

He smiled at what I said. "Let you out? And then what? The prince will go running to his parents and all of us will die. That is if, Lord Marcus doesn't kill us first for defying him."

"What do you think is going to happen anyway moron?!!" Kyle was getting pissed off. So was I honestly.

"I am a dead man aren't I?"

"Yes!! Yes you are! Wanna know what else?...." Kyle suddenly stopped. I heard it too. Far away voices. A commotion.

"My guards are arguing again," the guy muttered.

"Not only that." I said softly with a small smile. "There's someone at the gates."

My smiled widened as I looked at Kyle. "It worked," I whispered.

The head guard looked at me confused then he looked out and yelled at another guard asking who the visitors were.

When he got his answer, he paled. He swallowed hard then turned to me. "Y...you did this didn't you?"

"Of course I did," he remained silent.

"Look here mister! You're right! You are a dead man! The least you can do now is free us and open the front gates. That's right, defy Lord Marcus and remain loyal to the King and Queen.

As you should be in the first place instead of carrying out this idiocy!! That way you pick a side. And maybe, just maybe if you do this we'll put in a good word for you and perhaps you'll get to save your life and the lives of others." The guard stared at Kyle, contemplating his words. He looked so confused.

"You don't have time! The prince and his sister are going to go on a killing spree at any moment!!"

"Alright! I'll do it. Take the keys!" he threw the keys at Kyle and ran out like his life depended on it. Well, it really did.

Kyle truly amazed me at times.  How can a person be so stupid and smart at the same time? I guess there's one of them everywhere.

"That was awesome Kyle. You were great."

"Yeah, I know. That's what I keep telling everyone!" I rolled my eyes again but he made me laugh too.

"Eerrgh, you h..have to stop talking o..once in a while human," Prince Timothy's tired voice came. We looked at him and noticed that he looked more pale.

"Quick, let's get him out of here." I said helping the prince up.

"Come on Tim, wrap your arms around my neck." Kyle said.

"That won't be necessary," all three of us looked at a very pissed off princess.

I immediately bowed and looked down. Kyle did so after he made the prince to sit.

Princess Esmeralda rushed to her younger brother.

"You alright?" she cupped his face and noticed how pale and weak he looked.

"N..not bad," she swiftly turned around to me and Kyle. "What happened to my brother?! What made him this weak?!"

"It was Lord Marcus." Kyle spoke up. "He shot him with what he said was dew from the Core of Life and werewolf venom. He said it would cause some complications and Prince Timothy would be weak for a few days," Princess Esmeralda looked beyond shocked.

"Dew from the C..Core of Life and werewolf venom?" she asked.

"Lord Marcus said he was trying to create a weakness for the pure bloods for some time now. I bet he has created many."

"I...I'll be fine Val. S...she came with more pressing news. You need to h..hear her out."

"Sshhh, rest now. Zenas is coming. He'll take care of you," she then turned to me. "I'm guessing you're the witch who sent the bird to my brother."

"Y...Yes, Princess."

"Thank you," she told me sincerely. "Now what could be more important or worse?"

That's when I poured everything out. I didn't leave a single detail out. I told Princess Esmeralda everything from my hunch to the moment me and Rexamus got here. "That's when Lord Marcus shot Prince Timothy. He overheard whatever we said. Prince Timothy was going to call your parents to let them know about Lady Esther."

Prince Zenas came in halfway and listened to whatever I said.

After I was done, he informed the princess that Lord Marcus is arrested and will be thrown into the dungeons until the Queen arrives. He also asked how he should punish the guards.

That's when Kyle and me explained that they only followed orders and the head guard actually let us out. The Prince only stared us down.

"They will be punished anyway. Nobody has the right, power or authority to go against the Royal Pure Bloods. The ruling family at that. Even if they were following orders, they should have known better." Prince Zenas spoke leaving no room for arguments. Me and Kyle kept quiet after that.

"However, I will spare their lives this time," he said at last.

"Y..yeah. Can we get out of here?" the young prince asked.

"Just one moment. I need to take some blood." Prince Zenas looked at Kyle signaling for him to show his wrist. "My brother needs human blood to gain some strength."

Kyle stretched out his hand at once. Prince Timothy brought Kyle's wrist close to his mouth and bit into his skin, sucking out enough blood to make himself stand up.

I was becoming anxious and impatient every second spent in the damn cell.

"My Princess, with all due respect, you or your brother must go to Red Kingdom at once!!! Or anyone from your family!! Please!! I don't know whether they're dead or alive!" tears ran down my cheeks. They needed to be there before its too late. Tonya put a lot of faith in me.

The Princess was already sitting on the ground. I understood it was a lot to take in and a lot has happened for the day.

"Lady Esther is a ruthless vampire. She will kill anyone who she does not like or if she simply feels like killing. We are most probably already too late, human. I'm sorry."

I wrapped my arms around myself and slowly fell to my knees, sobbing. "Y...You have to at least try. Please.. "

"We have to take care of our Timothy first and we'll be too late anyway,"

"No...no ple.." she raised her palm stopping me.

"That's why we're just going to leave it to our oldest brother," both me and Kyle stared wide eyed at the Princess, damning the rules. Even Prince Zenas stared at his sister in surprise.

"It finished much sooner than he expected it to." She shrugged at him before turning towards us.

"We can only hope and pray that all your friends,......including Mr and Mrs Salvador are alive," Princess Esmeralda whispered. She too was afraid now.

"Mr and Mrs Salvador?" me and Kyle both voiced out looking confused.

Who were they?

"Odelle and Percival." Prince Zenas answered us solemnly. The princess looked at him worried.

They meant lot more to the Royals than I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

Prince Phoenix's POV

"At least they're gone for now! Cheer up a little!" Alpha Silvian is the most irritating friend in the world.

"We didn't win Silvian! We only chased them away. They will be back. In numbers far greater than this. Me, a hybrid, an Alpha King!" I slapped Silvian's shoulder. "King Epaphroditus Urien, Queen Aurora and King Sindrion Celeste. All working together and what did we managed to do Silvian?! Scare them away for a while!!" I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. Five powerful beings with four separate armies on our side and we could not manage to permanently end the war!!"

"We waited too long." I sighed. "We ignored everything for far too long. My father waited too long." I muttered out.

We were on our way back to Red Kingdom. I needed him to sign some reports and discuss our next move. The beta of the pack was currently driving while me and Silvian sat behind.

Silvian turned towards me and stared. "This was the first war against the trolls for you. That's why you're feeling this way Phoenix. This is like my what?  Sixth? Seventh?" he grabbed my shoulder. "And you know what, this is our first victory. We didn't win for good, yeah I know that. But it's our first real victory. They will not come back for a year, maybe more. That's something and we owe it all to you Phoenix."

"You shou..."

"You have all of our sincere gratitude. Even the proud Elven King was impressed. That guy is never impressed!!!  You just uplifted the names of every Royal Pure Blood. You should be a little proud. They will not be called the creatures that allowed the world to turn into hell."

"We were called that?"

"And much much worse. You do not want to know the rest Prince. Aaahhhh, I can't wait to sign everything and go home."

"We still have some vital things to discuss," I told him strictly. Silvian Hunter would avoid meetings every chance he gets. I envied that. There was no one above him. He's the alpha. More specifically, the alpha King.

"Can't my beta fi..."

"No! Either you attend the meeting or I will freeze your head again. Maybe this time I'll set it on fire!"

"Okay! Damn! You really live up to your title," he looked away. The beta laughed at this. "Forgive my best friend. He just wants to get back to his mate, our Luna."

"I can imagine the surprised look on her face when she sees me, tonight." He sighed dreamily.

"Why would she be surprised?"

"Why my Prince, we're back three days earlier. Of course my mate would be surprised," he told me with a look of excitement.

"I bet your betrothed, Lady Esther would be surprised as well." I glared at him making the temperature rise up.

"Whoa if anything happens to our ride we'd have to walk Prince Phoenix," the beta sounded worried. I immediately calmed myself but I still glared at the irritating Alpha.

"She's not my betrothed. She's not my anything Silvian."

"I know, I just enjoy pissing you off," he said casually. "But seriously, why do you hate her? She's beautiful, she's a noble lady, she's obsessed with you, she'll do anything for you. Why don't you want to marry her?"

"I don't feel anything towards her. I don't love her and she loves the crown, not me. Adding on, I don't want to spend the rest of my life with the wrong partner. Enough of your stupid questions."

"All valid reasons. Acceptable. Okay." he spoke like I owed him answers in order to solve a bloody case.

"I still couldn't understand what happened back there.  Why weren't we able to end the war?" I muttered.

"There he goes again!"

"I'm serious," I looked out the wind shield. "We didn't win, but we didn't lose either. How is that? There was something missing in that battlefield. We had the numbers, the strategy, everything. I still feel like there's a missing puzzle. I believe we fought beyond well, just not enough....."

"Hey remember the time you and Queen Aurora were fighting side by side?" I knew where he was going with that.

"The unexplainable explosion?"

"Yes! Both your powers combined to create that explosion. The Fae Queen's gifts were great but what made it awesome was, when it got mixed up with yours!" he said it like he was still living in that moment. "We need more of that to win Phoenix! That's the answer! Too bad that was the maximum extent of her powers."

"What are you talking about Silvian? We didn't even know what we did!! It was an accident actually. We bumped into each other and then it....just happened."

"Did you see the look on all the trolls' face?! You scared the shit out of them!"

"Whatever, anyway how do you know that was the Queen's maximum force?"

"I asked her to do it again of course. You guys managed to wipe out a huge number of trolls. Although, when I asked, she told me she couldn't. She had used up most of her strength and the King went against it as well.

I guess we need to surround you with fae creatures?"

"That sounds stupid Silvian."

"Not entirely!.....Maybe a little but seriously we need someone more powerful. You. You need to train hard and keep practicing your gifts. There's a lot you don't know. Like the extent of it and by training you get to unlock many secrets to your powers. You are four hundred and twenty seven and you had no idea you could do something like that didn't you?"

"No. No I didn't but it wasn't just me." He was right. The Queen's powers were outstanding but if only she had more of it, then we could plan better strategies and actually win.

"Hmmm, either she'll have to train harder than ever or you can actually work with two fae creatures," Silvian suggested. Not a bad idea. We could always try different approaches and training techniques but my head was starting to hurt.

I let out a heavy breath and massaged my temples.

"We'll continue later."

~~~~~~~

The three of us reached Red Kingdom alive. The beta got down and went with the other soldiers. They wanted to explore the town area.

Once me and Silvian walked inside the castle, servants came to take our coats off. The castle seemed a little too quiet. I brushed off my curiosity and turned to the alpha.

"Show Alpha Silvian to the guest room upstairs." I ordered one of the servants. He nodded and waited for the alpha a few feet away.

"Freshen up and rest. I'll meet you in an hour."

"An hour?! I wash up in less than 15 minutes. What do you expect me to do for an hour?!" I glared at him again.

"Don't you want to sleep for a while?" I gritted out. He was pissing me off.

"Nope!"

"Then dig into the kitchen," he beamed at me.

"You know Prince Phoenix, no matter what the world says about you, you're still the best to me."

"Flattered," I said coldly and disappeared in a blur.

I sped up to my chambers. I needed her. These past few days were so empty without my Little Flower.

When I opened the door, it was silent. Not normal silence. More like an eerie silence. Emptiness was what I felt.

She wasn't here.

My eyes scanned my room and I spotted the vase next to the bed. I went towards it and saw that the flowers had dried up. All of them had turned to an ugly dark brown. I took the vase in my hands.

Odelle was supposed to change them from time to time. It was my direct order to her. She never disobeyed or forgets anything.

Now, where was she? Where's my Little Flower?

The anger building up in me couldn't be stopped.The dead petals in the vase were on fire. I put it back on the table before I could do anything worse.

Did she seriously try to escape??!!

She couldn't have!!

I rushed out and saw the closest guard walking pass the stairs. I went to him and held him by the collar. "Where is she?!" he immediately paled and trembled with fear.

"Wh....who Your Highness?"

"The girl who was supposed to be in my chambers and where is Odelle and Percival?!!"

"I...I don't know Your Highness, I swear!!" I threw him against the wall when I saw another guard walking the other way.

"You!! Stop!" he obeyed and walked towards me, eyes down. He gave a low bow. "My Prince."

"Where the hell is Odelle and Percival?"

"Um.."

"If you say you don't know, I will tear out your guts. Now, where is the head butler and the head of the maid servants?" I asked daring him say something stupid. He was already sweating now.

"They have not been seen since the day your family went to Silver Heights Y..Your Highness," his voice shook and his eyes traveled to something behind me. "Him!! Over there, he should know! I saw him with the Lady Esther yesterday and..."

I didn't wait for him to finish. In a flash I was standing in front of the guard he pointed at.

"Where are they? Just so you know, I'm sick of guards not telling me what I want to know," I wrapped my fingers around his neck and felt my hand heating up. "You know what I'm asking so hurry up and talk!" my hand was starting to become red from the heat, I was slowly burning his skin. "I... I'll take you t...there. Please..stop Y...Your High... ness." I let go and he dropped to the floor. He coughed uncontrollably.

Take me there??

"Start walking! NOW!"

~~~~~~~~~

Percival's POV

Everything was dead silent. No one else walked in after what had happened. Alex kept his eyes open but I knew he was gone on the inside. Beth and Tonya had stopped their crying.

My wife couldn't take it. She couldn't watch the horror so she passed out. I was glad she fainted. What they did was inhumane.

Eve laid there covered in pool of her own blood. Before they left, they chained her one hand up against the wall. She wasn't moving. I couldn't hear her breathing so I didn't know if she was dead or I was too weak to hear the sound of her heartbeat.

If people call me a monster, so be it, but I hope Eve had moved on to the afterlife.

If she was alive,  they were only going to do something much worse to her. She is too pure to be in a fucked up world as this. It's better for her to be free of all these. It was better for her to be away from all these demons.

I couldn't wipe out what I saw.

She was too weak to let the words out but she still begged for them to stop. Over and over until she became limp. There were four guards. The girl stopped moving right before the second one was done. The other two became furious and started to kick her awake. When she remained unmoving, the two guards who had their way with her laughed at the other two frustrated ones.

They then chained her up and left.

Now, all I could do was stare. My wife has not woken up, and I fear she will not. Our skin were beginning to turn into a bluish purple. We've gone too long without blood.

I too was becoming too weak to stay awake. Esther and Henri got their wish after all.

As my eyelids grew heavy, I suddenly felt cold. I sat up despite the pain in my abdomen. I realized that the ground was getting colder and colder by the second. Alex began to stir as well, then he started shivering in the cold. Before we knew it, the ground was frozen and covered in ice.

The bars began to freeze, white ice spreading all over the dungeons.

He was here.

It was at that moment I heard loud footsteps. He came and stood in front of our cell, staring at me in shock.

"S...she's i...in that one.." I pointed at her cell. He read the look on my face and didn't want to move at first. He was afraid to turn. He sensed the horror that he was about to face.

He looked down, then slowly turned to the opposite direction. The ice in the dungeons were getting thicker. I could see his body tense up.

He stood frozen for two seconds before he broke down the gate and rushed to her unmoving form. The Prince dropped to his knees and cradled a bloodied Eve in his trembling arms. Feeling his head pounding due to fear that he never tasted for centuries, he let out a loud, tormented cry of pain.

Another man came rushing in, he became nervous when he saw the ice. He stared down at something and fear took over him. I looked at what he was staring at and saw a red glow coming from underneath the ice. They were everywhere like puddles. It didn't take me long to realize they were actually fire beneath the ice. The Prince couldn't control himself.

He continued to cradle Eve's body in his arms. When he released another roar of anger and grieve, the fire burst out from the ice and the entire area was now on fire.

~~~~~~~

Silvian's POV

I have never seen anything like this in my entire life. I couldn't understand anything except that Prince Phoenix cared deeply for the girl in his arms. I rushed to him at once. Holding his shoulder gently , I slowly crouched down.

"Phoenix listen to me!!" I then touched the girl's chest and let out a sigh of relief. "She's still breathing. It's shallow but you can still save her. Take her to the nearest infirmary and give her your blood. You can save her only if you move fast but you have to stop this Phoenix!! I need to get these people out! Now!!" I shook Phoenix awake. He needed to stop the fire from spreading.

"Please! She needs you! Stop this and go keep her alive!!" 

That's when the fire immediately stopped. Phoenix wordlessly stood up with the girl in his arms and left in a blur.

I stopped to catch my breath for a few moments.

"Stand up, Alpha King. They are being released." I cleared my head and nodded at the worried soldier beside me. I had ordered some of the soldiers who fought during the war to come with me and thank goodness I did. My head was spinning with so many fucking questions.

They released Percival and Odelle first and carried them out. Next were three young humans. They looked numb and emotionless. I could see that they were also starved.

"Take them to the doctors!" I ordered after looking at one of the girls. Her arm was bloodied and so were the boy's wrists. The older looking girl wasn't harmed but she needed to be taken care of as well. She looked dead.

More questions clouded my mind.

Once I made sure the rest of them were safe and taken to the doctors, I hurried to where Phoenix might be. I ran two floors up to the west wing. A servant boy helped me find the infirmary Phoenix was in.

When I got there, it looked more like a big clinic to me.

Phoenix was sitting on a chair outside the double doors with his head buried in his hands. He was breathing hard, trying to control himself. I've never seen him like this so I had no idea what to do.

I slowly walked towards him. "The rest of them will be taken care of. Some of them are badly injured but none of the injuries were fatal." I stopped to see if there was a reaction but there was nothing. He was still breathing hard.

"Phoenix....will she make it?" Silence. He didn't even lift his head. After a long time, his breathing calmed a little.

"She'll make it," he said barely audible but I heard him and was relieved. His reaction did not change though.

"My Little Flower may not be the same," he said after a while.

############################

That's it for now my AMAZING readers.

Don't forget to share your thoughts 💭 💭 💭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 103K 70
'Are you afraid, do I scare you, baby girl'? He asked me in a sturdy accent And all I could do is nod in affirmation, as I lay on the bed trembling u...
148 25 23
After he lost his throne to the hands of his younger brother, Reginald is banished from the vampire kingdom, never to return, and sent to the human r...
8.2M 194K 100
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
241K 11.8K 60
Book 1 - Saved By The Devil ✅ Book 2 - Return Of The Devil ✅ Book 3 - Crowned By The Devil ✅ Book 4 - War With The Devil ✅ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sce...