Piece Of Art (Devan Key x Rea...

By co1eywo1ey

I decided since I didn't finish my other one, I can do a short book with maybe.. 30 or more parts?? I will tr... More

Art Class
Tomorrow pt 1
Tomorrow pt 2
A/N
A/N
Sorry!
Movie Night
Jealous?!
Bullies(haters back off) pt 1
Bullies pt 2
Bullies pt 3!!
The REAL confession pt 2
A/N
Girlfriend tag/q&a
Idk
Second-first date ❤️
Meeting your parents pt 1
A/n (rant)
About that rant
Meeting your parents pt 2
I'm so late..(please read)
You what?
A/N important (about my schedule)
Alone time
Idek, he's cute
Picture perfect
PLEASE read!!!|| a/n
Short story || Devan's reaction to you turning into a boy
Important, please read || A/N
Picture perfect pt 2
Late shoutouts!! 😬
Read this if you want to me to follow you or give you a shoutout. (Instructions)
Random lil' update

The REAL confession(cliffhanger)

1.2K 28 14
By co1eywo1ey

This story is set maybe 3 months or so in the future.

✔️EDITED✔️

(1494 words)

Devan's POV

Today is the day. The day I finally confess to y/n. I've liked her since we first met, and my like has grown stronger till the point where you might even be able to call it love. She's the most beautiful, talented, and nicest person I know. Sometimes when we are hanging out I get the urge to hold her in my arms and never let go. Sadly, that's impossible for me to do.

I've been thinking of a way to confess for a while now and I finally found a way, that I can do without exploding.

The only problem is, I won't get a chance to see her reaction. It could be good or bad but, I'm just too nervous to even go near her.

The way I'll confess is a YouTube video on my channel, just for y/n. I'll text her to check out my recent and hopefully she'll see it.

I guess I could film the video now, but I haven't really thought of what I'm going to say. I'll need a script to go off of. Or maybe I shouldn't.. whatever way is more thoughtful. I want this to come from my heart. Not off a piece of paper that I've already rehearsed.

Reality doesn't work like this. So why should a video?

I grab the camera and set it up in my room. My room is too plain for the topic though.

I need to decorate.

"Collins!" I yell to him as I grab the car keys.

"What's up?" He answers.

"I'm going to the store to buy stuff for a video! Do you mind if I take your car?"

"Why can't you take your own?" He asks.

"Because we let my friend borrow it for the week!" I say. "Have you already forgotten?!"

"Oh yeah. You can take it!"

I run out the door with my wallet in my pocket and hop in the car.

I drive off to the store and think of what I'm going to buy.

By the time my car is parked, I've thought out everything for the background. To make it special.

I write down everything on a piece of paper.

Rose petals
White fairy lights
Candles

That's all I thought about. There isn't much, but it took a long time to plan out how I'm going to decorate as well.

I walk into the store with my list and go to the plant section. There aren't any rose petals by themselves. Well, that would be stupid.. so I grab a few roses and put them in a basket.(by stupid I meant they'd dry out.)

An elderly lady walks up to me and says, "is there a special someone that these are for?"

"Yeah.." I blush.

"I remember when I was young and in love like you." She smile and starts walking away. "Good luck."

"Thanks." I answer while thinking, 'good luck?'

Welp. Roses, check!

Rose petals✔️
White fairy lights
Candles

The next thing I buy is the fairy lights. I think they'd look romantic with the roses. This is going to look really nice for y/n.

Fairy lights, check!

Rose petal✔️
White fairy lights✔️
Candles

Last but not least, candles. I've seen movies where people set up candles to be romantic, so I guess it's a little cheesy, but that's alright.

I end up buying vanilla scented candles. Mm.

Candles, check.

Rose petals✔️
White fairy lights✔️
Candles✔️

I walk up to one of the cashiers and buy all the stuff.

"I thought Valentine's Day was in February." They joke.

"Haha yeah. I guess I'm a little late." I joke along with them.

I walk out of the store, get in my car and drive away.

Once I get home I run to my room quickly and put everything on my bed without Collins noticing.

First I put up the fairy lights like this: (I'm putting pictures from images on this chapter)

Then I set up the petals like this: (I couldn't find one with fairy lights that looked right)

Last, I put the candles on my bedside tables and back up to admire my work.

After I finish admiring my work, I sit on the bed and turn on my camera to start filming the video. (I know this is a bad idea but.. I'm already here so... here we f*cking go.. I'm AlReAdY tRaCeR)

"Hey guys, this is actually my first and only video on this channel. I usually just put videos from Collins's that are featuring me in them on my channel.
Today's video is really special. As you can tell from the title, and from the background, this video is for someone very special. Someone that I've known for a long-ish amount of time. Someone that I need to tell something to." I take a deep breath and continue. "This video is for my very best friend, y/n. She's been with me through tough times. I've also been with her for tough times. She's helped me open myself up to other people outside of youtube more. She's just been the only person I've really wanted to see.
I love everything about her. Her personality. Her beauty. The way she laughs and smiles. Every time I look at her, my entire day just brightens up. I never want to let her go. So, I've finally gotten the guts to do this." I blush and scratch the back of my neck. "This might be awkward but, y/n.. will you be my girlfriend?" I stare awkwardly at the camera for a few seconds and eventually turn it off. (Sorry, that was really long)

I edit the video and the upload it. My heart starts racing as I wonder, what if she doesn't like me back? I brush it off and watch it upload.

I grab my phone and text her.

——————
Hey

Hi

Can you watch my recent video?

On Collins's channel?

Ah, no. Mine. Call or text me when
you're done. Bye.

Ok, bye.

—————

Now to wait.

Your POV (finally)

I go onto Devan's YouTube channel and see a video that was posted a few minutes ago called, "Dear y/n"

Oh my god. Is the video for me? That was a stupid question.

I click on the video and see a pretty red and white background. With roses all over the place and dim lights lighting up the room. It's really nice but, now I'm confused.

The video starts playing and I watch it intently.

So far the entire video has been Devan complimenting me and saying how amazing of a friend I am. I get closer to the end and hear him say, "y/n... will you be my girlfriend?"

My eyes open wide and I stare at the screen as it goes black. Devan just.. asked me out.

How should I answer?! I mean, I like him too, but I'd also like it if he asked me in person. It's really sweet but.. ugh.. I, I.

I pick up my phone and call him.

He answers straight away and says nervously, "you saw the video right? What's your answer?"

"I saw the video.. I um. It's really thoughtful of you to spend so much time making that for me but, I, I don't know how to respond."

"Oh.. okay." He says disappointed.

"I'm so sorry.. I just, would've preferred if you asked me in person." I say with mixed emotions.

"Ah.."

"Meet me at the park. I just want to give you a second chance." I say happily.

"Second chance...?" He answers quietly.

"See you." I hang up without an answer and lay on my bed.

I guess I should get going.

Devan's POV

Oh no.. oh no. She didn't like the video!! Aghhhh! I knew it was a strange idea! She said I get a second chance though so, I know!

I get changed into a suit, grab a rose and start running to the park.

Your POV

I start walking towards the park. When I get there I see Devan in a nice suit sitting on one of the benches.

I walk towards him nervously and he stands up.

"Y/n."

"Devan, what—" he puts his finger against my lips and start talking.

"I've liked you ever since I met you, y/n. You're the most beautiful girl I've met and you're so, so talented. I just.. had to do this." He gets down on one knee and my eyes widen. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I feel tons of mixed emotions and don't exactly know how to answer. People pass by and stare at us making me nervous as heck.

"Uhh.. wow, Devan I—-"

And that's the end! Told you it'd be a cliffhanger. I have ideas, for the next chapter like, ••• ••• ••••• •••••• ••••••. That IS something. Hope you enjoyed! Bye bye~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60K 980 22
There's a YouTuber (Collins Key) and there's a girl. What happens when they meet? (I felt like it ok?) . . . Check out "Devan Key X Reader" as well p...
15.3K 487 34
I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 11 YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED Pewdiepie x Reader The unexpected happens here. ••••••••• Is there any chance that you can find love...
2.4K 34 4
{Hamilton X Reader} --------------------- 19 year old (Y/n) had just finished highschool and had no idea what to do next....... What happens when a b...
939 28 4
Hi guys! This is just me trying to write a few short stories. I got a lil' tired of long ones and this book will be many stories compiled into one. ...