thief.

By asanation-

jennie tests the popularized phrase of 'ride or die' when she comes back in contact with a now dangerous frie... More

π•₯π•™π•šπ•–π•—.
the town home.
the medic.
the other doctor.
the bag of chips.
the club.
the fight.
the video.
the sandwich.
the basement.
the office.
the neighbors.
the bathroom.
the racer.
the racer pt. 2
the couch.
the club dancer.
the cup of coffee.
the problem.
the stare.
the water bottle.
the arena.
the daydream.
the gun.
the soirΓ©e.
the jinx.
the nickname.
the knock.
the phonecall.
the move.
the admirer.
the invite.
the lunch.
the shot pt. 1
the day off.
the flowers.
the bullet.
the breakdown.
the storm.
the kitchen.
the surprise trip.
the mom.
the photo.
the bruise.
the girlfriend.
the shirt.
the past.
the girl.
the chair.
the dress.
the sister.
the break-in.
the jump-attack.
the weakness.
the reveal.
the abduction.
the deal.
the deal pt.2
the sacrifice.
the break.
the thief.
the epilogue.

the shot pt. 2

6.1K 403 68
By asanation-

Jennie felt very numb. Sluggish and frozen, even.

She killed someone.

Jennie Kim just shot someone. This had gone against everything she had stood for.

She was against violence, she hated guns. She hated death, she hated murder. She hated the concept of it all.

Her hands wouldn't stop shaking, and Jennie refused to speak to anyone the rest of the way back to the base.

Fortunately Jennie had just passed out from the shock previously, JJ had managed to wake up Jennie in time and get her moving...

But she didn't feel herself at all. She couldn't feel anything at all.

Numb.

"Jen, we need more bandages." She heard Irene say besides her, shuffling inside the clinical room. Jennie nodded briefly, pulling out a box from a near counter and passing it to the older girl.

Irene blinked. "Uh, go sit down. I'll take care of them for today."

Was it weird she felt this way? No one else seemed affected by the whole fight, hell, Irene just carried on like there wasn't a bleeding man sitting next to her.

After getting her ear treated, Jennie sat down, sipping at her water then dropping the bottle to the floor.

She couldn't even bring herself to think why she had done that. Had she faced herself with the actual reason, Jennie might've driven herself to insanity.

Her reason was preposterous.

Ridiculous.

Jennie inhaled sharply, her knee bouncing nervously. What would Taeyong think?

Shit. What would Taeyong think? She certainly wasn't the same girl anymore, she was a murderer, she just killed someone, she shot them, but she really didn't mean to kill them, would he understand that?

"Jennie."

"Yes?" She fiddled with her hands, unable to look up.

"V wants to see you in his office. Now." Chaeyoung aired, then frowned at the state of the brunette before her.

"What happened to you? You look..."

Jennie brushed past her without a further word, biting her lip. She pressed the elevator button several times, foot tapping against the floor agitatedly.

She was nervous, and very scared. What happened to her?

This was hardly like her normal behavior. Jennie always was calm, she always knew what to do. She felt like she was going insane right now.

She wanted to cry, but she couldn't. Jennie's world was spinning in a hypnotic, dizzy manner. It was like several sirens going off all at once, every fiber in her was at war with each other.

Jennie was dying on the inside.

She opened the door to his office, when she didn't find him in there, Jennie closed the door, sitting down at a chair cautiously.

It had been for him.

Jennie had an instinct that something bad had been about to happen when that man had shown up with the rifle.

Taehyung had been far away...

"You're here." She heard his voice suddenly, he closed the door behind him. Jennie shot up from her seat, nodding.

"Yes." Even the small reply came out as a grave whisper.

"So, what exactly happened to Yeri?"

She brushed back her hair, sitting back down. "It was um..."

"A-A knife wound." Jennie finished, shrouding her hands away.

"Will she be fine?"

"Yeah, it wasn't super deep. Irene is taking care of it right now. She should be okay within a few weeks at most. But she should, uh, refrain from doing anything in that time." She glanced around. "I-I told her this already."

He nodded, glancing at his computer. Probably documenting her injury just to make sure she wouldn't do anything. "Anyone else who got injured?"

"There have been minor issues like bruises and superficial cuts, but nothing major asides from her. So...no."

Taehyung fixed his glasses, glancing at her. "What about you?"

"What?"

"You, Jennie. What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Are you okay?"

She nodded quickly. "Yes, I'm fine."

"Then why were your hands shaking?"

Jennie froze. It had been hard enough just forcing words out of her mouth without stuttering in every single sentence, after every single syllable...how was she supposed to brush this one off? A long silence elapsed over the two, she mentally cursed at his attentiveness.

"It's nothing."

"Nothing."

"Yes."

Taehyung sighed, cupping his chin with his hand. "I can see right through your lies."

"I-I'm...not." She leaned back, forcing herself to look away from him. "Not lying, I swear."

"Very well then." He got up. "You're dismissed."

Huh?

She had strangely expected a little more than that. He was just going to let it go like that?

"It's late." Jennie commented. "Shouldn't you be getting back too?"

"I'm a busy man Jennie," He stated, not looking up from his monitor. "business never sleeps."

She sighed, about to turn and leave.

This was wrong. She had to tell him. It wasn't about her, it was about him.

Jennie inhaled sharply, running a hand through her hair.

"Taehyung."

It took him a moment, before he glanced up with his standard poker face.

"Someone tried to shoot you in the alleyway," She breathed. "JJ and I saw them."

"What?"

"I-I'm sure of it. It was a sniper, looked just like one, even in the dark. Jisoo wasn't sure at first, but she soon realized it too. They were only used for long distance things and you weren't anywhere near us, so I just figured that it meant—"

"What happened to the sniper?" He didn't bother trying to conceal his emotions; Taehyung was baffled. Shocked.

"T-They missed."

"Missed?"

Jennie glanced away. "Yes. It must've been too far out of range, so they just missed."

"I don't think so." Taehyung stood up, adjusting the cuffs of his shirt. She glanced from his hands, to him, then the window displaying the dark night sky.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't think that's correct. It seems off. How could someone just bring a sniper and miss? More importantly, why would Jisoo just ignore the sniper? That's not like her."

Jennie's eyes widened when he gripped onto her shoulders, then tipped her chin up with his other hand, forcing her to look at him.

"You shot them."

Jennie finally broke at those words, a soft sob escaping from her lips. She lowered her head almost immediately, nodding.

"I-I'm sorry."

When her head slumped against his chest, a soft gasp left Taehyung.

It wasn't that something broke in Jennie. Something broke in him too. She was still that emotionally weak girl.

Jennie had always tried to conceal her true feelings, and brush off things as if they didn't bother her.

She was still the same.

So was he.

Taehyung found it extremely hard. It was extremely hard for him to be around her, extremely hard to act like he didn't feel anything.

Nothing had changed since then.

And now this...it shocked him. Jennie, a girl who refused to hold a gun, who was a doctor, had shot someone.

She killed someone to save him?

Jennie didn't even know half the story of what was happening and yet, she did that for him?

It hurt because whenever Jennie cried, the old Taehyung used to hug her and tell her everything would be okay.

Now, the new Taehyung didn't know what to do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 206 31
two best friends, grow together, they are like 'one soul in two different bodies ' both have crush but on different people and they start dating w...
247K 9.3K 31
Jennie : "Stop. Just stop. It's nasty." β€’β€’β€’ - in which Jennie catches Taehyung doing something bad and Taehyung develops a new nickname.
51.2K 1.8K 25
mafia's girl. ―❝what about killing you?❞ started: eigth of april 2O2O ended: twenty fifth of april 2O2O edited: twenty fourth of september - fourteen...
9.6K 589 16
"I did wrong. I am sorry but I didn't mean anything more than what happened that night. I should have made it clear that night. Let's not meet ever a...