Bad Apple [Twilight Fan Ficti...

By BigDreams91

In this retelling of the story Twilight, everything has changed. On Bella's first day, Edward manages to chan... More

Preface
1. Birthday
2. Party
3. Stitches
4. Ride Home
5. Breakable
6. Homework
7. Dinner
8. Threat
9. Proposal
10. Theater
11. Friends
13. Port Angeles
14. Stalker
15. Visions
16. Lies
17. Struggle
18. Daze
19. Nightmare
20. Guest
21. Confessions
22. Shock
23. Truth
24. Confrontation
25. Rules
26. The Cullens
27. Girl Time
28. Halloween
29. Spring
30. Surprise
31. Graduation
32. Sudden
33. Premature
34. Conflicting
35. Mind over Matter
36. Burn
37. New World
38. First Hunt
39. Legends
40. Meeting
41. Plans
42. Understanding
43. Eternal Family
Epilogue - Leaving
Series Information
Sequel is up!

12. Scary Stories

8.8K 190 49
By BigDreams91

12. Scary Stories

            The weeks passed by again. I became closer with Edward and Alice more than I thought possible. I still hadn’t gone over to their house and I was a little grateful. My list has grown over the past few weeks. Charlie finally made up with Billy so it was a good thing that Jacob was back in my life.

He had called the house and talked to me on more than one occasion. I needed to talk with him. I barely remember a conversation that I had with him on first beach.

~Flashback~

Mike, Jessica, and Angela had invited me to go with them to La Push. It’s a small reservation outside of Forks. Charlie has friends over there that I completely forgot about. Jacob had shown up grinning his entire face lighting up around him.

Jessica mentioned my epic fail of trying to be friends with the Cullens but the La Push boys didn’t accept it.

“The Cullen’s don’t come here.” said one of them.

I was really curious why he would say something like that. I managed to get Jake to walk with me down the beach. I had never flirted before so I wasn’t sure if I was rusty or not but I tried my hardest.

“Who was that other boy Lauren was talking to? He seemed a little old to be hanging out with us.” I purposefully lumped myself in with the youngsters, trying to make it clear that I preferred Jacob.

“That’s Sam – he’s nineteen,” he informed me.

“What was that he was saying about the doctor’s family?” I asked innocently.

“The Cullens? Oh, they’re not supposed to come onto the reservation.” He looked away, out toward James Island, as he confirmed what I’d thought I’d heard in Sam’s voice.

“Why not?”

He glanced back at me, biting his lip, “Oops. I’m not supposed to say anything about that.”

“Oh, I won’t tell anyone, I’m just curious.” I tried to make my smile alluring, wondering if I was laying it on too thick.

He smiled back, though, looking allured. Then he lifted one eyebrow and his voice was even huskier than before.

“Do you like scary stories?” he asked ominously.

“I love them,” I enthused, making an effort to smolder at him.

Jacob strolled to a nearby driftwood tree that had its roots sticking out like the attenuated legs of a huge, pale spider. He perched lightly on one of the twisted roots while I say beneath him on the body of the tree. He stared down at the rocks, a smile hovering around the edges of his broad lips. I could see he was going to try to make this good. I focused on keep the vital interest I felt out of my eyes.

“Do you know any of our old stories, about where we come from – the Quileutes, I mean?” he began.

“Not really,” I admitted.

“Well, there are lots of legends; some of them claiming to date back to the Flood – supposedly, the ancient Quileutes tied their canoes to the tops of the tallest trees on the mountain to survive like Noah and the ark.” He smiled, to show me how little stock he put in the histories.

“Another legend claims that we descended from wolves – and that the wolves are brothers still. It’s against tribal law to kill them. Then there are the stories about the cold ones.” His voice dropped a little lower.

“The cold ones?” I asked, not faking my intrigue now.

“Yes. There are stories of the cold ones as old as the wolf legends, and some much more recent. According to legend, my own great-grandfather knew some of them. He was the one who made the treaty that kept them off our land.” He rolled his eyes.

“You great-grandfather?” I encouraged.

“He was the tribal elder, like my father. You see, the cold ones at the natural enemies of the wolf – well, not the wolf, really, but the wolves that turn into men, like our ancestors. You would call them werewolves.”

“Werewolves have enemies?”

“Only one,” he stated.

I stared at him earnestly, hoping to disguise my impatience as admiration.

“So you see,” Jacob continued, “the cold ones are traditionally our enemies. But this pack that came to our territory during my great-grandfather’s time was different. They didn’t hunt the way others of their kind did – they weren’t supposed to be dangerous to the tribe. So my great-grandfather made a truce with them. If they would promise to stay off our lands, we wouldn’t expose them to the pale faces.” He winked at me.

“If they weren’t dangerous, then why…?” I tried to understand, struggling not to let him see how seriously I was considering his ghost story.

“There’s always a risk for humans to be around the cold ones, even if they’re civilized like this clan was. You never know when they might get too hungry to resist.” He deliberately worked a thick edge of menace into his tone.

“What do you mean, ‘civilized’?”

“They claimed that they didn’t hunt humans. They supposedly were somehow able to prey on animals instead.”

I tried to keep my voice casual. “So how does it fit in with the Cullens? Are they like the cold ones your great-grandfather met?”

“No.” He paused dramatically. “They are the same ones.”

My mind was a whirlwind of thoughts once he said that. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to converse with him any longer. Suddenly we heard a voice yelling from back on the main area. I could see Mike and Jacob’s friend, Sam, waving us over.

Just as quickly as our moment had started, it vanished into thin air. It would be impossible to get him to talk while Sam is hanging over his shoulder so I didn’t even try.

A couple of weeks had passed. I was paying more and more attention to the Cullens. Things had gotten worse at the main table. Since Rosalie seemed to have a hard time with Angela and me with Edward at the table, we decided to find another table. Jasper also seemed a little relieved that we weren’t sitting with them either.

Anyway, back to the situation at hand. I’m currently walking down the hallway toward the cafeteria. I’ve decided that I need to find a way to talk with Jacob. My truck has been sputtering a little bit so Charlie thought that I should leave it alone for a few days so that it could get its own breather.

Edward has been bringing me to school and taking me home for the past week. He seems happy about it, which was strange to me. Things were even stranger on Mike’s end. I haven’t seen him or heard from him in weeks. I don’t know whether that is a good or bad thing.

“Bella!”

I smile turning my head toward Angie as she comes to a stop beside me, “What are you doing today, Bella?”

I shrug, “I don’t know. Charlie is supposed to take me out to eat tonight. I believe we may see some of his friends from La Push there. I’m not sure, though.”

She nods understanding, “You know Tyler’s back in school….”

I sigh shaking my head, “How’s he holding up?”

“His arm is in a cast. He’s heard about Mike already though. You should say hi. Although you may not want to since he’s at the table with Jess and Lauren.”

I groan gripping my backpack straps, “Great, that’s just fantastic.”

Angela grins nodding her head, “I know. I also wanted to let you know that you’ll be sitting with Edward alone today. Ben and I are probably either eating at the table with Austin or in the library. That history project is more complicated than we realized.”

I smile her completely understanding, “That’s fine, Angie. We’ll be fine.”

She gives me a hug before running off behind me toward the school library. I sigh lowering my gaze toward the floor entering the cafeteria ignoring the stares on my face. The entire school still stares at me as if I’ve done something wrong. I check the food line before shaking my head and sticking my nose in the air. I guess a salad it is then.

I quickly fix my salad feeling a presence next to me as I turn to find Edward grinning at me, “Hello Bella. How has your day been so far?”

I roll my eyes grabbing a lemonade bottle from a machine as I walk beside Edward toward our usual table alone. I glance toward my old table where Jessica and Lauren are sitting beside a casted Tyler cooing over him. Jessica suddenly stands to her feet smiling toward Tyler as she and Lauren make their way to the lunch line.

“You should say something if you want. Tyler would appreciate it,” whispers Edward nodding toward the table.

I smile nodding walking toward the table. Tyler glances up toward my approaching figure smiling widely, “Bella! It’s good to see you’re back in school.”

I nod the smile slowly slipping away as I take a look at his arm, “That doesn’t hurt, does it?”

He rolls his eyes, “Not much really. The cast is kind of cool. I just hate my mom has to bring me and pick me up from school.”

“How many people have signed that already?”

He glances down toward the green cast smiling, “My family signed it in the hospital. Since I’ve been in school people have been signing like crazy. You shouldn’t feel guilty about what happened between Mike and me. He needed to realize that I wasn’t at fault and I wasn’t going to allow him to beat me up like that. My arm only broke because he shoved me against the floor and I used my arm to break the fall. My leg is just bruised but that went away fairly quickly. My mom was worried about sending me to school because of Mike. Have you heard from him lately?”

I shake my head a deep frown on my face, “No, I haven’t heard anything. Charlie won’t let me see him and he’s been suspended from school for sometime. I’m not sure how long exactly.”

Tyler sighs nodding, “I heard from him last week. He didn’t mention you but he wanted to apologize and my mom just about went off.”

“You shouldn’t talk to him, Ty. I’m worried that with him alone right now he might do something.”

“Bella, you shouldn’t worry about him anymore. He changed after his dad left him and his mom once the store went under. It’s not your fault that he’s acting this way. He just needs to find himself again and realize it’s nothing anyone did that made his dad leave. Mr. Newton was having problems after that store went under and I believe everyone in town was awaiting the fallout.”

I glance up hearing approaching footsteps sighing, “I’ll see you later, Tyler. Jess and Lauren aren’t my biggest fans right now.”

He rolls his eyes shaking his head, “It’s not your fault. I’ll come see you soon, Bella. I’m sure you want your chance to sign the great cast.”

I giggle smiling, “Sure thing, Ty. I’ll see ya later.”

I turn around walking off toward the table where Edward sits. A strange look is on his face as he glances behind me toward the table holding his family. I place my salad tray on the table taking the seat across from him smiling, “What’s wrong, Edward?”

He moves his head toward me smiling but I can see something is bothering him, “Nothing. Rose is just being her usual self.”

I raise an eyebrow at him but shrug it off. Just another thing to add to the ever-growing list of things about him and his family.

“So, what are your plans after school, Bella?”

I pour the salad dressing over the salad glancing up toward him attempting to smile.

“I’m not sure. After school, you’ll have to take me to the station, though. Charlie wants to take me out for dinner. I can only assume that his friends from the reservation will be there as well, Billy Black and his son, Jacob Black. They are good friends of Charlie. Billy is the one that gave me the truck when I arrived.”

Edward nods and I can tell something clicks in his eyes. The gold topaz eyes that I’ve grown so used to have darkened just slightly. Someone else that hasn’t stared into his eyes the way I have would never notice the change in his eyes.

“What about you, Edward? What are your plans far after school?”

He smiles with a strange glint to his eyes, “Oh, just homework. I can only guess that Alice will be shopping after school. She doesn’t have her own car so I’ll probably have to drive her into the city.”

I stab the lettuce in the salad with my fork smiling, “So, what’s the forecast for the rest of the week? You promised me on a decent weekend that we’ll get to hangout. We haven’t gotten to yet. Something came up last weekend and the weekend before that it was sunny and your mom took all of you into Seattle which I wasn’t allowed to accompany.”

Edward shrugs, “I’m sure about that. We haven’t been camping in a while. Emmett might want to go camping or something like that. Esme, my mom, might want to visit some family the weekend so I’ll have to check with her. Esme tends to plan things at last minute so I don’t know.”

He sounds as if he’s lying which is never good. He quickly changes the subject every time he notices my expression figuring out his lie.

“So, Bella you haven’t heard from Mike?”

I shake my head chewing the food in my mouth, “No, I haven’t. I hope that I never do again.”

Suddenly Edward glances over my shoulder again but his face morphs into something else. I shake my head hoping that I’m imaging things once again.

“Edward?”

He shakes out of his stare giving me his attention, “Yes?”

I scrunch up my lips shaking my head, “You seemed pretty mad. Is everything okay?”

Edward sighs shrugging his shoulders, “Alice. She wishes we would sit with them again. Rose doesn’t really care for new people. She doesn’t expect us to stay here long. She doesn’t like to make friends when we’ll move again.”

I tilt my head to the side, “You move often?”

He grabs the top of my bottle spinning it on the table, “We’ve moved frequently. When my parents died and I was put into the system, things changed. I was about ten when I came to live with Carlisle and Esme. Rose, Jasper, Emmett, and Alice all came next. I was the first. Carlisle and Esme have always wanted to see the world so we usually stay in a place for two years and then leave again. It’s the number one reason why my family sticks to themselves. You’re the first person we’ve ever let into our group that wasn’t family.”

I don’t why but part of his huge speech seems like the truth but the other seems like a huge lie. I shake my head keeping quiet going over things in my mind. I hardly notice I’ve been silent for twenty minutes as my salad is gone just as the bell rings.

Edward stands grabbing my tray before I can blink, “Come on. I’ll walk you to class.”

My class after lunch is one of two that I don’t have with any Cullen. I sigh grabbing my backpack following beside Edward toward my next class.

~*~

I groan walking away from my locker hearing the usual loud voices from the parking lot.

“Bella!”

I stop hearing the familiar voice of Alice Cullen jogging toward me. She smiles brightly at me her dress sashaying with her bounce, “I wanted to talk to you. Edward never seems to want me to talk with you.”

I nod listening to her but already knowing that Edward seems to keep us away from each other, “Yeah, he does.”

“So, Edward said you were going with your dad to dinner…”

I glance over at her slightly confused, “Yeah, probably the usual diner in the center of town. Probably going to talk with Charlie’s friends from La Push. Billy and Jacob Black have been close to Charlie for years now.”

She tilts her head to the side before recognition comes across her face a smile spreading, “I hope that you have a good time tonight, Bella. We should hang out soon.”

I nod slightly uncomfortable with her over active personality, “Sure, Alice. We’ll figure something out.”

She claps her hands wrapping me in a hug, “I’m going to hold you to that, Bella.”

She skips off toward her side of the parking lot as I shake my head.

“Bella?”

I turn my head to find Edward standing a few feet behind me with a tight lip smile stretch across his face.

“What did Alice want?”

I shrug, “She just wanted to know about my plans for tonight and she wants us to hang out soon.”

Edward sighs shaking his head before walking ahead of me, “Come on, Bella. We have to get you to the station before the Chief goes crazy.”

I jog to catch up opening the passenger side door and sliding in. Edward is already in the car with his backpack in the backseat making me feel like the slow poke. Then again Edward could go for the track team with his long legs and fast speed.

I pull the seatbelt over my body as Edward starts the car heading onto the highway.

“How long has it been since you saw Jacob?”

I glance out the corner of my eye toward Edward to see his face staring out the windshield with his hands tightening around the steering wheel.

“He showed up in the parking lot the day of my birthday. He seemed alright then but I haven’t heard anything in a month. Charlie and Billy haven’t been getting along because of the stupid stuff happening on the reservation.”

He nods changing lanes, “What stuff has been going on?”

I roll my eyes folding my arms over my chest suddenly feeling embarrassed, “You don’t want to know really.”

Edward chuckles shaking his head, “I take it that it has something to do with my family?”

I nod, “Apparently the teenagers in La Push thought the rumor about your family leaving was true. They started a bunch of bonfires and things that caused Charlie to do down there. He was less than pleased. He hated having to go over to your house and talk with Esme. That was so embarrassing for him. Angie was over when he came home complaining about everything.”

Edward smiles crookedly toward me as he turns into the police station parking lot. I spot Charlie’s cruiser by the door as Edward pulls in beside it.

“Remember to have fun, Bella.”

I roll my eyes shaking my head, “I’ll have fun in my own way. I’ll see you in the morning, right?”

Edward nods, “Of course, Bella. I’ll be at your house at the same time tomorrow morning.”

I nod pushing the door open and stepping out. I wave toward Edward as I enter the station smiling at the familiar scent of paper and coffee. A few officers smile at me to which I give a couple of nods before stepping up to my dad’s secretary.

She raises her head smiling at me, “Bella! It’s good to see you today. I’m so glad that you’re better from the birthday fiasco.”

I nod attempting to keep the scowl off my face, “Yeah, I’m all better. My dad said to meet him here for dinner.”

She smiles nodding, “He mentioned that about an hour ago. Just knock first and go on in.”

I smile at her walking past her desk toward my father’s office. I knock carefully hoping that no one is in his office.

“Come in,” I hear my father’s low voice from the other side.

I push the door open smiling to myself toward my father. He’s sitting at his desk with a bunch of paperwork and folders spread in front of his face.

“Hi, dad. Are you ready to go?”

He raises his head smiling at me dropping his pen, “Yeah, might as well. I’m not getting anywhere with this paperwork.”

I notice the stress on his face stepping toward him, “What’s the matter, dad?”

He shrugs grabbing his jacket and gun belt, “It’s nothing, I guess. Just some kid had gone missing in Seattle. The last known sighting of him was about twenty miles outside of Forks. They sent me all the information about the boy but there’s been no such luck.”

I frown nodding glancing toward the desk grabbing a sheet of paper.

Riley Biers

“There’s been no news at all?”

Charlie just shakes his head at me, “Nothing at all. According to the papers, his clothing was found outside of Forks which means everyone believes that’s the last place he was.”

I nod placing the paper back on the table. I follow Charlie out of the office as He stops by the secretary requesting her to gather some of the missing person’s reports for Forks by the end of the week. Charlie seems terribly stressed right now, which has me worried.

I follow Charlie out of the station toward his cruiser sitting in the parking lot. Charlie unlocks the doors allowing me to climb into the passenger side buckling my seatbelt. The ride to the restaurant is quiet as usual. I can happily formulate a plan in my mind to get Jake to talk about the legends. Perhaps I can tell them all it’s for a project in school to know about someone’s history.

Charlie would believe me and not ask too many questions. That way Charlie can’t be upset for talking about the legends in the public setting. I don’t want to cause any more problems between Charlie and Billy anyway.

The restaurant isn’t far from the station so we make it there in about ten to fifteen minutes. Charlie pulls in beside the familiar truck of Billy’s, confirming that we are indeed sharing dinner night with them. We climb out of the car entering the restaurant.

Charlie talks with the hostess for the table with Billy and Jake.

“Charlie! Bella! Over here!”

I turn toward the familiar voice of Billy sitting at the table in his wheelchair with a huge smile on his face. Jake sits beside him with a scowl on his face. I would guess it’s been about a month or half a month since I last saw Jacob. It’s hard to believe it’s been so long since my birthday with being out of school because of my arm and leg.

“Hello guys,” I smile toward Billy and Jake. The scowl on Jacob’s face just gets harsher as I notice his clothing for the first time. Being the beginning of October already it’s pretty chilly outside when it rains as it’s been doing off and on all day. Jacob doesn’t seem affected by the harsh weather though as he’s dressed in shorts and a sleeveless tan shirt. I’m surprised to see sneakers on his feet as I half expected to find sandals or possibly bare feet.

Charlie takes the seat in front of Billy while I take the seat in front of Jake. He turns his head away from me using one hand to cover his nose slightly. Well, isn’t that strange.

Charlie engages Billy in conversation about the missing boy while I attempt to get Jake’s attention.

“Hey Jake. That dream catcher was awesome.”

I see the slight hint of a smile on his face as he turns toward me. I just notice once again that his hair has been cut and his skin is slightly darker as if he’s been hanging out in the sun more often.

“What happened, Jake? You cut your hair and you’re wearing strange clothes for this type of weather.”

He merely shrugs, “Dad seems to think I’m coming down with something. I’m always warm and he sort of forced me out here. I’ve made some new friends. Sam is a better friend than he used to be, I understand him a lot more than before.”

I nod smiling, “Speaking of Sam and La Push, I’m sort of curious about those legends. You never did get to tell me the full story last time. I’m kind of doing report for school about some old legends, something most people have never heard before. I kind of wanted to do the Quileute legends if that’s possible.”

Jacob rolls his eyes shaking his head, “Listen, you don’t want to do that. Those darn legends are nothing but legends that a bunch of old men came up with. I would really prefer not to talk about them as I hear them every day at home from dad. I’d like to talk about your boyfriend, if he is still your boyfriend. Newton.”

At the mention of Mike my body goes into defensive mode. I’d really prefer not to talk about him right now.

Before I can reply a woman comes and takes our order. I order some pasta with a baked potato and a diet coke. Mike never would allow me to eat normally. I stare at Jake as he orders half the menu consisting of the rib plate but I can only guess that he’ll order something else after dinner.

Charlie and Billy quickly resumed their conversation as I returned to Jacob, “I’d really prefer not to talk about him, if you don’t mind.”

Jake releases a sarcastic chuckle, “What about the Cullens?”

I give him a strange look, “I thought you didn’t believe in those legends, Jake.”

He gives me a simple easy smile but suddenly Charlie buts in, “What’s this about the Cullens? I’m tired of hearing about that.”

Charlie turns to Billy shaking his head, “I thought people in La Push were past this.”

Billy shrugs his shoulders, “Jake has been hanging out with Sam. You know how those boys are these days. They were the ones with the bonfire a few weeks ago. I’ve told them to knock it off but as you can see I can only do so much.”

There seemed to be hidden words in Billy’s sentence. I’m sure he didn’t try very hard at all to get them to knock it off. All of this just sparks my curiosity further as before Jake never cared about the legends and now suddenly he doesn’t want to talk about them leaving cryptic clues about what the Cullens are. I just don’t understand. I came here for answers and all I’m receiving is more questions.

Throughout the rest of dinner I leave Jacob alone. He obviously doesn’t want to talk about those legends. Maybe I can get something out of Billy one day without Charlie around. Billy believes them wholeheartedly so maybe he will say something.

The food is brought out and I stuff my face in an attempt to keep Jacob from talking to me. His attitude has me at my wits end with him. I didn’t do anything to him so why should he be on my case like this. Charlie turns to Jake as he’s eating, “Jacob, you haven’t heard anything about that missing boy have you?”

Jake glances toward his father out the corner of his eye before shaking his head, “Sorry, Charlie, I haven’t heard or seen anything. Billy mentioned it to me and I said something to the boys on the res, we haven’t seen anything to report about.”

Charlie sighs glancing toward me, “I suppose I have to be lucky that this one hasn’t gotten lost or anything. I’d never stop looking for her. I’d go to the end of the world to find her.”

I smile at him feeling my face flush slightly in embarrassment. Quickly Billy changes the conversation again about their next fishing trip. Jake watches me with strange eyes causing me to feel embarrassed once again. Dinner finishes quickly as Charlie decides to order the cobbler to go and Jake orders another meal of the hamburger steak with gravy and gravy fries. Billy orders a small thing of dessert shaking his head at his son.

Jake and Charlie scamper off to the restroom after ordering the to-go-meals leaving Billy and I alone at the table.

“So, Bella,” says Billy serious smile on his face, “if you really want to know about the legends, search cold ones on the internet. You might find something interesting about your precious Cullens.”

I give him a strange look but Charlie returns before I can ask him about what he means. Billy just smiles nodding at me, leaving the conversation alone completely. Charlie pays for the dessert saying goodbye to Billy and Jake as they sit waiting on their food.

“I look forward to seeing you down at La Push more often, Bella. I’d be good to have you around the house some. Jake’s rabbit has been fixed so he might be able to take you driving sometime,” smiles Billy a smirk forming on his face.

Obviously both Charlie and Billy would mind it too much if I started dating Jake. Jake’s more of a best friend or a brother, I couldn’t see him ever becoming more than that really. Charlie carries the foam container holding the cobbler to the cruiser as I slide in the passenger seat once again.

The entire ride home my mind is racing through millions of thoughts. Billy said to check cold ones on the internet. If I remember the small information Jake told me, cold ones is the part of the legends about the Cullens. I guess Billy can really see through someone just like Jake. I can see where he gets it. It’s just a shame I never met his mother before she died she probably was a wonderful woman.

Charlie pulls into the driveway cutting the engine, “I don’t know about you, but I had a great time with Jake and Billy. You’re more than welcome to visit them any time you like as long as you let me know. We might make a day out of it or something.”

I nod, “Sure thing, dad. I’ll try sometime soon. I just don’t want to push my luck right now. Going down to La Push might be a bad idea for me. We’ll see though.”

We both climb out of the cruiser entering the house as Charlie puts his gun belt up and moves toward the kitchen, “I’m just going to put this cobbler in the fridge. We can eat it anytime.”

I smile yelling out, “Sure, dad. I’ve got some homework so I’m going on up to my room.”

I hear the static of the TV as a response as I quickly climb the stairs running to my room. I force the door closing the door back. I flip on the light tossing my backpack to the bed knowing I actually don’t have homework. The small amount of work I do have could be completed in twenty minutes or less which means I could do it before school starts tomorrow.

I quickly turn on the ancient computer wish my father would invest in a laptop or something. It’ll take a few minutes to start up so I quickly decide to shower in that time. I gather something pajamas and undergarments stepping out of my room, “Dad, I’m going to shower first. The computer is starting up right now.”

“Alright, Bells!”

I enter the bathroom shutting and locking the door. I drop my clothes on the counter turning on the shower to heat up first. I shed my clothes waiting a few more minutes before hoping in. The water is slightly scalding causing me to add some cold as I didn’t before. I quickly shower attempting to clear my thoughts concentrating on the temperature of the water. Once I’m done I step out grabbing the towel on the rack behind the toilet drying off and dressing in my pajamas.

I shove a hairbrush through my hair and locate my toothbrush quickly brushing my teeth from the food. I use a few face products to keep my face smooth before putting my dirty clothes into the hamper and stepping out.

“I’m done, dad.”

I hear him groan in response and I can only assume that it’s because his team is losing in the game. I enter my bedroom shutting the door and sitting in of the computer. I quickly connect to internet opening up Google and the search bar.

Cold ones.

I hit the search button watching as it gives me plenty of things to go on. Considering I don’t know much about what the Cold ones might actually be, I should probably read up on the legends themselves.

Quileute legends Cold Ones.

The revised search brings up book references. I double click the link drumming my fingers against the desk waiting for it to load. Once it loads I check the results to find a bookstore in Port Angeles that has a book about the Quileute legends. I nibble on my bottom lip as I search the desk for a piece of paper and a pen.

I quickly write the name of the store, the address, and the book I’m looking for.  I guess I’m going to Port Angeles tomorrow. To get there, I’m not telling anyone my plans. I can go there after school tomorrow and be back hopefully before Charlie gets home. I only hope my track record of not seeing Mike holds up but then again his and his mom’s drug dealer is in Port Angeles. I can only hope and pray.

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 168 14
Bella is a senior in high school. She has everything thing. She has plans to be a doctor. She is a cheer captain and dating the Football star Edward...
84 43 55
Is Bella really over the trauma of Edward leaving her? She says so, but Edward isn't so sure. A reimagining of the Twilight Saga that explores what w...
36.5K 1.5K 33
Bella is being bullied at school she picked on at and has no friends. She lives in Phoenix with her mom and step dad Phil. She wants a change in her...
171 7 50
A retelling of Twilight as a Thriller. After years away, Bella Swan made the decision to return to Forks, Washington for her final two years of high...