All Roads Lead Back To You

By 90Vihbz

RnB story that takes place in the 90's with Devante Swing as the main love interest. Please expect atleast... More

Introduction
Cast
Chapter 1 : How It All Started
Chapter 2 : Oh Hell Naw
Chapter 3 : Leaving?
Chapter 4: Caught Up
Chapter 5 :The Aftermath
Chapter 6: Welcome to Uptown
Chapter 7 : Make it Right
Chapter 8 : Lovin' The Wrong Company
Chapter 9 : Peach Roses
Chapter 10 : Peach Roses Part 2
Chapter 11 : Should We?
Chapter 12 : Mixed Affairs
Chapter 13 : The Meeting
Chapter 14: Niggas With Attitude
Chapter 16: How Do You Move On?

Chapter 15 : Broken Pt1

487 14 1
By 90Vihbz

Chapter 15 : Broken Pt1
Theme : When Crying is Easy - Kmichelle
Year : March 1991
POV: Cherry

*Professor Jones in MM*

Today I'm sitting in class. Professor Jones's class to be exact. I agreed with Marlon and De to speak with the professor and ask him to go out to lunch. Well actually I had planned on fixing him something to make it feel more genuine. Hopefully it goes well.

" well class that's all we have fo today. Please study for Mid-terms." He said wrapping up class. Lately he's been letting us out early, he hadn't been giving us shit as usual either since that day my pager went off and I blanked on his goofy ass.

" Any questions,comments, concerns?" He asked. As usual there were a few people who asked a few questions here and there but once they all got answered he officially released us.

"Ok you've got this" I mentally said to myself. I felt my self growing nervous as I grabbed my notebook and book bag waking down the auditorium steps toward the podium where Professor Jones had also been packing up his items into a brief case. Once I made it to where he was he was so caught up into what he was doing he didn't notice that I was standing there so I cleared my throat to grab his attention.

" Oh Ms. Perkins, to what do I do I deserve the honors" he said.

I'm not gonna lie that threw me off a little because I literally cursed this man out a month ago. But in the way he said it you never know. I couldn't tell if it was his bland ass personality or if he was being shady but I'm gonna keep pushing anyways.

" Well ..." I cleared my throat

"For starters I loved the lecture today." I said expecting a thank you but instead I received a cold stare.

" Uhh secondly I wanted to extend a sincere apologize for how I came off the other week. And thirdly I wanted to invite you to lunch as a peace treaty." I said hoping for a better reaction this time.

"Well thank you for the apology that means a lot too me so I know one would mean a lot to you. I apologize for attacking you in the manner that I did. If I had known that things would've escalated I would have never said those things and sure I'd love to go to a lunch as long as we could stop by Benny's Ice Cream as my treat." He said offering a soft smile instead of a deadly stare.

" Sounds like a plan!" I said.

*****

At Benny's Ice cream Parlor

POV : Cherry

The original plan had been for us to walk to Benny's but because we were going the lunch at my house right after we figured I'd be best for us to drive to Benny's and then we drive to my apartment separately since I stay closer to Rochester and so does he.

" Hello welcome to Benny's" the cashier said behind the stand. Usually this place is packed down the street especially on today. Its Toppings Tuesday meaning you don't have to pay extra for any toppings.

" What can I get for you today?" The guy asked

" Butter Pecan" Professor Jones and I said in sync laughing. He honestly isn't that bad a person. Definitely miss-understood maybe, but he isn't as horrible as he comes off. We actually are having fun. After we chatted about his upbringing and how he because a college professor. His upbringing is pretty similar to mine a church kids moving to New York in search of a better life. Instead of making a career with his talents which had been managing groups taking them to the next level, He chose to stay in school.

***

Later that afternoon at Cherry's Condo

" Boy you sure know how to throw down." Professor Jones said causing me to laugh.

" well thank you sir, you know ya southern women sure do have a magic touch." I said.

" you sure do" I mumbled lowly I'm guessing to make sure I didn't hear him but I did. To avoid making this awkward I ignored his comment and walked towards my stereo changing my music to soul ballads from the 70's and 80's.

" oh yes my type of music" he said jumping up dancing around my living room to all the songs that played except for a song by the four tops. He stood still putting his hands in his pockets. I noticed his mood change and decided to speak on it.

" what's going on? You don't like four tops or something?" I asked causing rubbing my head.

" nah- no it's just they were one of the groups I managed back in the day" he said still looking down.

" wow that's must have been cool! I said growing excited. "I know that must have been fun I can tell y'all had crazy road stories I said laughing briefly thinking about this upcoming tour I'm supposed to be a part of.

" not exactly. We had good times until they left me behind because I wanted more for myself with my education. After they fired me they grew to become the stars that they are now. Till this day I encourage people to stay away from the music industry it's full of phony people with amateur talents." He spat looking down. It makes sense why he's always down my neck about my career but I ain't got shit yo do with him being bitter about getting fired.

" well I can understand but I don't think that it's good for you to blame others for your choices." I said patting him on the back walking was to the stereo changing the song.

" how about we listen to the radio."I suggested trying to changing the atmosphere.

Soon as we turned on the radio we heard a song that sounded familiar coming to an end leaving the DJ to end the song by saying " alright alright again folks that was Come and Talk to Me by uptown's new act Jodeci. First time on being on the air let me know how ya like it peace."

I just jumped up and down feeling excited cause I know De and the boys have worked hard for this. I'll be sure to call them tonight and congratulate them! Uptown is on the map baby!

" you know you look so cute when your in deep thought." Professor Jones said to me.

" what?" I said clearly disgusted with his comment folding my arms.

" nothing I didn't mean to offend you my apologies" he said holding his hands up in defense. After he said that we kind just had an awkward silence for a few minutes

" maybe you need to loosen up a bit" he said to me giving me a weird look making me feel uneasy. See his comments earlier already had me feeling a type of ways but now I'm full blown uneasy and ready to kick him out.

" boyyy I'm getting tired" I said fake yawning walking towards my stereo turning it off. Hopefully he catches the hint to leave.

" tired? It's barely seven o'clock, you must be an Lark." He said walking towards my tall bookshelf that housed my many awards and accolades that I've received through the years.

I let out a very nervous chuckle. Nigga leave is all I kept thinking but the more and more I kept trying to motion for him to leave it's like he took it as a sign to make himself more and more comfortable and he keeps staring at me. I keep moving around trying to ease my nerves but nothing's working.

" well why don't you tell me more about your relationships. Do you have a boyfriend?" he asked keeping his eyes on me. Y'all now I'm shaky at this point because this man is getting super comfortable. Even going as far as taking off his shoes. Man what the hell.

" Uh- uh yes and he's in his way over here he actually just called to let me know that he'll be home soon" I lied offering him a weak smile.

" you know I'm not stupid right?" He asked now standing up. I began walking towards my dining table where we had been eating just hours prior.

" um what do you mean- did I uh offend you in anyway?" I said stumbling over my words. Getting more and more fearful by his actions.

" you know I find it funny "Cherry" how you say you have boyfriend and that he called you letting you know he'd be home soon when I've been with you all day and haven't heard the phone ring not once" he said getting closer to me.

" y-you need to le-ave" I managed to get out through my trembling voice.

" Now see baby your too pretty to be fightin this, fightin me, just give me what I came here for and I'll be leave I swear" he said stroking my cheek with his index finger, backing me up into a corner between the kitchen walkway and dining area.

" I invited you here for lunch that's it now I'm gonna ask you one more time to please pack yo shit and leave me the hell alone or I'm gonna call the police." I spat looking him in the eyes. His eyes are full of lust and hatred. I know that mine were full of fear. I needed to do what I could to get this man out of my apartment.

" come on sweet heart there's no need to call the cops baby. Just give me what I want. " he said now putting his hands on my wrist pinning me against the wall.

" GET THE FUCK OFF ME BITCH" I screamed at him kneeing him in his balls causing him to yelp out in pain, with tears flowing down my face. I had started to run to the nearest phone but right before I could reach the phone a forced from behind pulled me by my hair slinging me back causing me to cry out in pain.

" I see you play hard to get well we both can play he said with a hand full of my hair in his hands pulling harder on my curly Afro. I somehow managed to reach my arms behind my head reaching upwards grabbing his face to scratch at his face aiming for my thumbs to plunge his eyes.

" YOU BITCH!" He screamed letting my hair go. Once I was free I grabbed onto one of the wire baskets I keep my the end of my couch for mail, and hit him in the mouth with it causing his lips or teeth to bust and bleed. After that it's like switch popped in his head and he wiped his lip, looking at the blood on his finger then looked back up at me chuckling shaking his head in disbelief.

He charged at me tackling me to the ground and began giving me blows to the face. I couldn't do anything but scream in hopes that a neighbor or just anyone could hear me but it was no use. See when I move in the condo game with sound proof walls so that my piano playing didn't disturb anybody.

After what felt like forever he stopped punching me leaving me on the ground wailing holding my ribs and face balled up crying all I could get out were the words " just leave" over and over again.

" oh baby I'm just getting started" he said standing over me unzipping his pants.

" I see you didn't wanna play it nice so now we're doing it my way you hear me just be a good girl you understand" he said. I just laid there thinking about the traumatic events that were gonna be taking place.

" I SAID DO UNDERSTAND" he said through gritted teeth slapping me in the face pullling an item out out his pocket with his free hand that made a blade-like sound bringing it to my neck.

All I could do was lay there on the ground. he found a way to drag me across my floor by my ankles moving me by a wall in my living room. I soon felt my pants being removed as he still kept the pocket knife by my neck. I just sat there with silent tears flowing from my face to the cold wooden floor that laid beneath me.

" turn over" he demanded making me turn on my stomach face down in the floor. I soon felt a cool breeze between my legs that had quickly been replaced with his presence and he began to forcefully thrust inside of me causing me to yelp at the pain as my body went numb.

" shhhh remember be a good girl do as I say, I'd hate to use this blade" he said bring the pocket knife closer to my neck. I looked around my surroundings seeing a digital clock display the time 7:13. I kept my focus on that clock. It's the only thing giving me hope that I'll make it out of this situation alive.

I always thought that losing my virginity would be a special night full of love and passion. I'd never thought that I'd be a shameful night accompanied by self-guilt, fear, and resentment. All I could do was repeat the Lords Prayer in my head.

7:15

I kept my focus on the clock until I felt his presence leaving my body. Soon after I heard him putting his clothes back on. He didn't say anything to me but I stayed in the same position on the ground until I heard my front door locks become undone and heard the door slam. I just laid in shook. I took the opportunity to now cry however loud I needed to cry I just let it out . Those were the longest two minutes of my life.

I just never in a million years would think that something like this would happen. I always swore that I'd somehow fight off whomever attempted to assault me but I tried my best but I couldn't stop him. Or did I?

Trapped in my thoughts I hadn't noticed the blood coming from my vagina until I felt the cramping pains. I just wish that she would've killed me. I'm not sure how I'll ever over this.

After about an hour of sobbing on the door i pulled myself up went to change clothes and walked out of my apartment grabbing my keys and headed to my car and drove to the nearest hospital.

Hey y'all. I just wanted to leave a quick message. The sensitive topic discussed in this chapter may not be suitable for and may cause triggers for some readers. Please understand the events and situations that take place in my book are completely fictional. If you are personally dealing with sexual assault here's the hotline number to " National Sexual Assault Hotline" ‭1 (800) 656-4673‬ . Please remember you can always message me and talk if need be. Love y'all💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.7K 3.7K 37
๐๐„๐‡๐ˆ๐๐ƒ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Œ๐€๐’๐Š, stormi evans is the biggest female r&b singer on the planet. with the fame and success, such tragic events in h...
68.1K 1.9K 31
๐Ÿ—๐ŸŽ๐ฌ short stories & imagines โ™ก imagine this . . . Copyright ยฉ gincity 2020/2021 Mature Content Started: April 4, 2020 Status: Complete (for now)...
89.2K 3.9K 52
E.X.I.T 22, a very successful multi-platinum 4 member girl group gets dropped from their label Interscope Records due to constant fighting , and alte...
16.9K 738 55
THIS IS BOOK 2! The first book is Come & Talk to Me: A DeVantรฉ Swing Fanfiction, so READ IT FIRST to understand THIS book and each character better...