Devotion [h.s]

By happydays1d

{SEQUEL TO MALIGNANT AND HIDEAWAY} MATURE READ! (18+) "Lay one finger on my daughter and I'll have you destro... More

Authors Note
Prologue
205
206
207
208
209
210
211
212
213
214
215
216
217
218
219
220
221
222
223
224
225
226
227
228
229
230
231
232
233
234
235
236
237
238
239
240
241
242
243
244
245
246
247
248
249
250
251
252
253
254
255
256
257
258
259
261
262
263
264
265
266
267
268
269
270
271
272
273
274
275
276
277
278
279
280
281
282
283
284
285
286
287
288
289
290
291
292
293
294
295
296
297
298
299
300
301
302
303
304
305
306
307
308
Epilogue

260

163K 5.2K 55.6K
By happydays1d

IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN A VERY HOT MINUTE SINCE I UPDATED AND IT BREAKS MY HEART TO SEE ALL THE 'UPDATE' COMMENTS ON MY LAST CHAPTER BECAUSE WEVE ALL BEEN THERE IN A BOOK AND IT REALLY SUCKS :(

I'm still committed don't worry and updates will be more frequent again I have just been swallowed in Christmas vacation but I'm back now so let's eat this wheat!!!!!

**This book is going to get crazy intense again VERY VERY soon and it will continue to be crazy until virtually the end so buckle up!**

I hope everyone had incredible holidays and an amazing new year!! ❤️

ps thank you for all the comments asking if I was okay!! I'm fine☺️

Niall Horan

"God damnit why do you guys have no beer here?" Louis hollers from the kitchen as I keep my eyes on the television screen with Briar next to me.

"Did you just come over to get beer?" I asked while not detaching my vision from the movie.

"No but it helps." I hear him say back as the fridge door shuts.

"Drink water for once you alcoholic." I shake my head and look down at Briar who was staring at the movie with me, holding her stuffed bunny under her arm.

Louis walks over, passing my eyesight and sitting down on the love seat couch to my right. He slumped into the brown couch with his knees popped and spread and a glass of water grasped in his left hand, resting on his left thigh. He showed up only a couple minutes after Harry and Amelia left for their walk, and it wasn't planned like that.

"It's so hot in here, do you need to have the fireplace going all the fucking time?" I can see him furrowing his eyebrows in my peripheral vision as I tried to keep attention to the movie.

He's in a shitty mood and I don't want to deal with it. I don't know why he came over to begin with, he knows the air is still thick with everything that's happened with Liam and Amelia's miscarriage.

I decide to just not answer while watching the leads of the movie confess their love to each other, I've been waiting two hours for this fucking part.

"Fuck I wish movies weren't so stupidly dramati-"

"Louis can I help you with something? Or are you just bitching to bitch?" I raise my voice as I cut him off from finishing that sentence, looking at him with my undivided attention now.

He stares at me in a slight glare while staying melted into the couch with a bitter attitude and annoying pestering complaints. There was a moment of silence as we kept eye contact, I wanted an explanation.

He rolled his eyes and sat up more straight, leaning forward to put his water on the coffee table.

"I may have made a mistake." He confessed, relaxing his aggravated features. I would be lying if I said I wasn't surprised at the turn this took.

I sigh and pause the movie, slumping back in my seat as Briar stayed leaning into my side.

"And you're just realizing this now?" I say more jokingly.

"Shut up I'm trying to tell you something important." He shakes his head at my joking remark.

"Okay fine, what's wrong?" I say in seriousness more this time.

He leans on his knees and dips his head forward to awkwardly scratch the back of his neck.

"I kinda..fucked Audrey." He confessed and immediately my jaw drops.

"You didn't!" I shouted in shock, he nods in response with his lips formed into a line.

"I kinda did." He says in guilt.

I groan and toss my head back over the back of the couch, clamping my hand over my eyes.

"Louis you idiot." I exhaled in grief. 

I guess I can't really get mad at him, I am secretly seeing someone who is far worse then Audrey...

"I know I know!" He says in defence. "But you're gonna be mad when I tell you that isn't the worst part.." He adds with more suspicion in his voice. I sit up from my seat and look at him again.

"And what is that?" I shake my head.

"I...erm.. have been like... spending all my time with her, and not for sex." He admits in an ever more awkward state.

"What do you mean then?" I arch my brow.

"Okay well it started when we slept together for the first time. The next morning we went out for breakfast because we were you know, hungry and shit. So that's normal, but then as days go by we end up going out for dinner and driving around and just doing many things together. Like she came grocery shopping with me yesterday dude." He spills and I was nothing short of utterly shocked I was hearing this coming from him. 

"So are you annoyed of her and want to her back off?" I ask, presuming that's the real reason this is an issue for him.

"Well.. she isn't actually annoying me at all. If anything I'm the one inviting her out with me.." He admits.

"So are you like.. together? Cause Amelia would kill you." I state.

"No no of course not! Niall you know I don't date. Plus we already discussed how we are just hookup partners and nothing more." He leans back in his seat again and shrugs with a cocky look on his face.

"Yeah, who also get meals together and grocery shop."  I roll my eyes.

"Okay well whatever. It's not a thing and it never will be." He says sternly.

"Hey it's your funeral." I shake my head and look down at Briar to my left who was looking up at me with those big green eyes. Her short legs were still crossed as she sat very pleasantly quiet next to me.

"We are not together." Louis states again while standing up, starting to walk over to the door. "And I wasn't joking when I said it's fucking hot in here." He opens the front door wide open, waving it back in forth to let the air in.

"Well then crack a window don't just hold the door open." I shake my head.

"But this lets more air in. It's way too ho-" Louis gets cut off by a giant object flying though the doorway and into the house. I flinch and widen my eyes as something black flies up and into the house up at the ceiling.

The object lands on the railing of the second floor that looks over the living room , and immediately my heart dropped when I realized what it was.

"Is that a fucking bird!" I shout and jump to my feet.

I. Hate. Birds.

"What the fuck?" Louis stands there staring at the monstrosity clamped on the railing.

"Shit shit shit shit." I dive my hands in my hair and pull the roots, feeling my heart race due to my phobia of birds. I barely got used to that little Chester thing Amelia was nursing back to health, and now there was a flying black bird staring at me with its bird eyes from above.

"Relax idiot, it will fly out." Louis rolls his eyes.

I look at Briar who was staring at the bird, not phased at all as she was still cross legged on the couch.

The bird was about average size, but fucking traumatizing for me to look at.

"Get it out Lou!" I shout while walking over to the corner of the room and staying as far as I can.

"You're such a fucking baby." He shake she's head while walking up the stairs to get to the bird. The door is left wide open and giving it the opportunity to fly right out but it won't.

Louis gets to the second floor and quietly walks over to the bird, trying to be gentle so he doesn't scare it. He manages to get right behind it, but when his hands reach out to grab it, it flies right off the railing. 

And towards me.

My eyes widened as I fled from my corner, my stomach knotting and my body to break out in sweat. I ran faster than my brain could process due to the piping hot adrenaline running through my blood.

"Louis!" I screamed as I ran, hearing the sounds of the wings flapping not to far behind me but I couldn't dare look back and stare my death in the eyes.

"Just clam down!" I hear Louis yell from wherever in the room, hoping he's doing something to fix this.

I run into the kitchen by the speed of light, circling around the island in hope this disease will leave me alone because I don't know long I can keep sprinting in terror.

And then I felt it, it's wing hit the back of my neck.

I screamed, high.

The most high pitch scream I ever let out flooded the house as I waved my arms around for it to get away from behind me but it was no use, the bird landed on me and I nearly pissed myself when it happened.

"Louis!" I screamed louder while frantically stumbling back into the living room with the bird flying all around my head and shoulders, literally not leaving me alone.

"Just stay fucking still." Louis shouts while walking up with a large old dusty phone book we keep in the cupboard.

"I can't it's fucking attacking me!" I bellowed with my eyes pinched shut and me staggering all over the living room.

"It's just flying on you it isn't attacking you!" He justifies but it didn't make me feel any better. My heart was racing and my body was shutting down in anxiousness. I have a phobia of birds and this situation was what my nightmares consisted of.

"Stop moving Niall!" Louis shouts again and this time I listen but it took a lot for me to do so.

I froze as the bird landed on my head, my eyes were wide and my knees were shaking. I needed to get the fuck out of here.

I made eye contact with Briar sitting on the couch whom still found this all very funny. Her smile was large and her dimples were an after effect of her laughter.

Louis slowly stepped up to me slower then I needed him to because I was having a full blown mental break down.

"Just stay... very ... still." He whispers with each step, staring widely at the bird on my head so I could clearly see the whites of his eyeballs.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

In one quick motion Louis raised the thousand page phone book back behind his head and swung it forward to hit the bird, but it was too quick. The parasite bolted off my head and flew out the open front door. I didn't even get a chance to let go of the breath I was holding though because in my next heartbeat the thick phone book nailed me hard on the top head.

"Fuck!" I exclaimed loudly, scrunching my neck from the hit that he didn't have enough reaction time to avoid.

Louis widened his eyes at the hard hit on my cranium, looking instantly guilty.

"Oh shit sorry mate!" He drops the phone book and sucks in a sharp breath between his teeth.

"Fucking hell that thing weighs as much as the god damn baby." I place my hands on top of my head over my messy hair, knowing I was fine but it still hurt.

"Well at least the bird is gone." He shrugs before going over to shut the front door, me still rubbing my head.

"I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight." I put my head in my hands, knowing I just lived a nightmare.

"Oh relax the thing was tiny." Louis shook his head in disbelief of my fear.

"I don't care, it's a bird and it attacked me. I could've fucking died!" I justify.

"It just landed on your fucking head!"

"It wanted to kill me!"

"You're fucked." He rolls his eyes.

"No I'm-"

"Fuck!" I was cut off.

I furrowed my brows because Louis didn't say anything when that word was exclaimed and it didn't sound like his voice, it was.. unfamiliar.

His eyebrows lowered at me as well as we stood a couple meters apart in the living room, looking just as confused as each other.

"Did you say that?" I said just to be sure.

"No.. did you?" He asks back but I obviously couldn't cut myself off.

"Fuck!" It shouted again, the voice not coming from Louis and I and it sounding... childish.

It was like a timer went off because both Louis and I's eyes widened and in that moment I knew we were thinking the same horrid thing.

We both, at the exact same time, turned our heads to where Briar sat on the couch with a big smile on her face and her hands grabbing her tiny feet.

"Briar did you just..." Louis spoke quietly.

"Fuck!" I physically watched her exclaim with a large half toothy smile and her eyes crinkling in happiness.

My eyes widened even more if that was possible and immediately Louis and I fell to our knees on the ground and shuffled over eagerly to the couch where she sat. We stayed kneeled in front of the couch looking at her in horrific awe.

"Did you just say your first word?" I asked her like she understood.

"And was it fuck?" Louis added in slight horror.

"Fuck!" She repeated for the fourth time, laughing and smiling wider then ever. It wasn't a perched articulated word but it was spoken enough to know exactly what she said.

My jaw dropped in shock because I didn't know what to do.

"Do we tell her that's bad?" Louis asks.

"But then she'll think it's not okay to talk." I object.

"Okay so do we praise her for saying her first word then?" He then asks.

"But it's a curse word." I object again.

"Fuck then what do we do?" Louis says in stress.

"Fuck!" She repeats him with that smile.

"Okay well first off stop saying that word around her because she'll keep repeating you!" I say to him to my left.

"Hey don't act like it's all my fault. You're the one cursing up a storm when a god damn budgie flew behind you!" He gets defensive.

"It's both of our faults." I don't want to argue because we had to figure out how to deal with this without Harry let alone Amelia finding out.

"What are we gonna do? Amelia will shit herself if she finds out Briar's first word was F-U-C-K." He spells out so she wouldn't-

"Fuck!" Briar says anyway, even though he avoided saying the word.

I groan in grief and throw my head forward on the couch cushion.

"Isn't she too young to be talking? She's like four months old." He states a very very wrong fact.

"She's nine months old idiot." I correct with a glare at him.

"Okay well whatever she's still really young to be talking let alone cussing." He stands up to his feet and points at her in stress.

"Believe me I know but Amelia and Harry don't need to know about this." I state.

"How? It's the only word she can say and she's gonna start saying it a lot now!" Louis interjects, looking at me like a dumb.

"We will just teach her a new word and repeat it a million times before Amelia and Harry get h-"

I was cut off by the front door opening and in walking Amelia and Harry with a grasped hand in one another. My lungs deflate making it more difficult to inhale and my skin suddenly becomes endured with a layer of sweat.

They both look at me kneeled on the floor in front of Briar sitting up on the couch, then look at Louis who is standing by the coffee table. He wasn't here when they left so I could understand that they were surprised he was here. Harry narrows his eyebrows and Amelia flicks her eyes back forth between each of us.

"What's going on here?" Harry asks, looking at Louis then to me sitting on my knees.

"We were just entertaining Briar." I answer vaguely.

"Why are you on the floor?" Amelia asked in confusion.

"I just though tha-"

"Fuck!" Briar exclaimed in joy, cutting me off in the worst way possible.

I watched the life leave both Amelia and Harry's soul as they stared at their baby daughter with wide eyes. I clamped my eyes shut and formed my lips into a line with cringe.

"Did she just.." Amelia trailed.

"She did." I answer in grief with my eyes still shut.

//

cute and also disturbing chapter haha

next update won't be that long of a stretch don't worry❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 761 85
Started: April 2023, Completed: April 2024 Riley looked forward to college solely for the chance to start fresh. Healing and growing was Riley's only...
7.2K 353 44
"𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵." "𝘠𝘦𝘢𝘩.. 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩." "𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘰...
27.3M 619K 106
BOOK 2/3 OF MALIGNANT SERIES (MATURE READ!) "We need to go, they're coming for us." He yells over the rain that's slapping repetitively against the...
12.5K 344 12
I looked up at him, unsure of what just happened. I saw the blood glistening off of his gold H ring as he pushed my hair out of my face, scanning my...