All Roads Lead Back To You

Bởi 90Vihbz

RnB story that takes place in the 90's with Devante Swing as the main love interest. Please expect atleast... Xem Thêm

Introduction
Cast
Chapter 1 : How It All Started
Chapter 2 : Oh Hell Naw
Chapter 3 : Leaving?
Chapter 4: Caught Up
Chapter 5 :The Aftermath
Chapter 6: Welcome to Uptown
Chapter 7 : Make it Right
Chapter 8 : Lovin' The Wrong Company
Chapter 10 : Peach Roses Part 2
Chapter 11 : Should We?
Chapter 12 : Mixed Affairs
Chapter 13 : The Meeting
Chapter 14: Niggas With Attitude
Chapter 15 : Broken Pt1
Chapter 16: How Do You Move On?

Chapter 9 : Peach Roses

532 19 6
Bởi 90Vihbz

Chapter 9 : Peach Roses
Theme : What You Do - Chrisette Michelle
Year : 1991
POV: Cherry

Well as you can tell new year, new album release date for us. After doing a lot of convincing the girls and I begged Andre a few more weeks to complete the masterpiece of an album. Written by Lisa , Puff , Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis , DeVante and myself this is definitely gonna be one of those albums that you play from front to back wit no skips.

We really spent a lot of time blood sweat and tears making this album perfect. The only missing piece to our little puzzle is having Lisa's leads on this new song called " What You Do" ( song in MM ).  It's one that her and Devante wrote last week.  We decided to have the guys from Jodeci helping her do backing vocals for the song.

Today that's all that we are doing. In the studio we have all the members of Magik, Jodeci and Mary in here. We all have grown to get comfortable with each other. We kind grew a bond with one another when I say we I mean Lisa,Mo, and Mary felt more comfortable with everyone. We went out to dinners together, we made appearances together , we went to the movies together stayed at each other's houses doing stupid stuff real life family type shit. Of course me and Don don't spend separate time together alone if we're doing anything outside of work it was done in groups. Hell I've never been to his house and he's never came over to mine. I'm guessing one step at a time?

I mean we've definitely gotten to a better point in our friendship versus where had been back when Jodeci had first signed to Uptown. We can make causal jokes without it being all weird. We actually work together a lot. A lot of people request us to write and produce which Andre loves. The more attention we are bringing to uptown the more money we all make which is always a great thing.

Lately I've gotten real close to this guy named Marlon. We met on the set of his tv show staring him and his brother Shawn called "The Wayans Brothers". I was on the set staring as a special guest for an episode and he walked up to me and wouldn't stop asking for my number even though he didn't have to try that hard. Marlon is so fine. He about 6'2 and is as skinny as a stick. Even though he is super linky he has this cool laid back vibe to him. He is super funny though he definitely knows how to keep me smiling and cracking up , and I'm talking like ugly laughing all the time!

We've gone on a few dates here and there and a few of those dates almost got out of hand cause we are both very attractive people but honestly I've never taken it all the way with a guy before I've gotten ate out and gave one guy oral but I've never full blown had a guys stick nothing but his tongue or fingers inside me.

Anyways Marlon is a sweet funny charming guy but sometimes he seemed like he'd start to get a little too emotional invested and right now I'm trying to have fun. He knows that and I'm made it clear to him that we are nothing more than friends at the moment.

"come on Lisa you gotta push it out" I spoke through the intercom that led from the sound board to the booth. Lisa is usually never this off I mean she's skipping words , bouncing off different notes. But not for nothing I've noticed that Lisa's been acting strange lately. She always wears black now and sometimes she would wear these shades all day had horrible mood swings. What really made me feel a type of way is that fact that you can literally smell the alcohol in her way more than we should. I'm thinking of having a chat with her later but I don't wanna come off as defensive.

" Ayo Cherr there's a package for you at the front desk downstairs" someone said walking into the room. Before I could make out the voice of who it was they had asked if they could sit and stay in the session that's when I turned around to see who it was and it was Chris Williams , one of our label mates.

" yea be my guest" I replied to him getting up from the Rollie chair walking towards the door.

" Ayo have Lisa try that first verse again. I'll be right back" I said to Devante. Before walking out I looked at Lisa and she looked like she wanted to cry and hide not taking her eyes off Chris. I looked back at Chris who had been giving Lisa this rough , evil stare. Something ain't right I can feel it in my sprit but imma find out.

" I'll be back y'all" I said again looking dead at Chris.

Once I got off the elevator from the second floor I walked to the receptionist desk only to be greeted by a beautiful bouquet of peach colored roses.

"Oh my God! Are these for me?! " I asked Justine, Uptown's receptionist all girly and excited.

" yes girl some guy dropped them off. I doubt it was anyone you know who dropped them off cause he thought I was you when he walked them to my desk."

All I did was shake my head and read the letter that had been attached to the flowers.

"Meet me at 3902 Summer Dr. apt. 809 for a dinner at my place around eight o'clock . Wear something nice even though I know you'll do that anyways knowing you ! Hopefully I'm see your beautiful face later!"

The letter had no name signed on it but I knew the whole time it had to be Marlon he can be super thoughtful. I've never been to his house before though so this should be fun. If he keeps playing his cards right I might let him cuff me.

POV: Devante

" Wow Lisa this sounds good asf , you did the rest of the song in one take. Where was this energy earlier" I said jokingly to her.

" wow De don-don't even dooo- do me like that" she said basically slurring her words making me kinda uncomfortable I thought shutting off the sound in her booth walking in.

" well when cherry comes back we can have her finish mixing and that will complete the album for y'all. But let me ask you something , why are you sitting here scared and drunk at four in the afternoon. If him being here is making you uncomfortable he can leave I said glancing back at the glass with everyone in it. Chris had the nerve to try and bring some girl in her with him to our studio session where he knew Lisa would be. Trifling.

" I know DeVante he just has this hold on me and the only way for me feel free is with drinks so I gotta do what I gotta do , loosen up damn." she spat.

I just walked out cause ain't no need in helping someone who clearly doesn't want the help. Lisa's got a nasty addiction and that addiction is Chris Williams.

Right when I had sat in my chair I saw theses big ol peach flowers in Cherry's hands with a big ol smile on her face to match.

" Girl who's buying you flowers on Friday afternoon?" I said joking with her. Then I turned to Dalvin who had a grin on his face also.

" well I don't know if y'all know but I've been kicking it with this guy lately and he basically invited me to dinner tonight" she said all happy with all her gums and teeth showing.

Me and Dalvin's smiling turned into exchanged looks of confusion. But I couldn't show it cause it's not really my place to be asking her personally questions and getting defensive. Hopefully only Dalvin knew what was going on with me.

" Oh word that's wassup " I said kinda dryly.
I don't want nobody tryna pick up on my vibe but her response kinda fucked up my mood.
By this point everyone had said their goodbyes in the studio and headed their separate ways including me cause I had a lot of shit to do this evening. Cherry stayed behind to finish mixing the verse. " I hope the grocery store had all the stuff I needed today cause I'm not in the mood nore did I have time to bounce from Walmart to Target to Harris Teeter.

POV: Cherry

As soon as I finished the track I gave it to Andre. He'd been gracious enough to give us more time to put out this record and I wanted to make sure that he had gotten the last song hopefully the next single , for my group ASAP. I couldn't even lie I feel so bubbly inside because of Marlon's cute sweet gesture. I've never had anything like that done. Like I said was if he keep playing his cards right he might end the night off with a smile on his face ya feel me?

First things first I have to stop to the beauty store and and re-up on my make-up cause best believe I want to be completely beat for him tonight. During my drive I kept checking the time and it said to be about 6:15 when I left the store.

I basically pushed it to a hundred my whole way home wanting to make sure I had time to make it home as early as possible so that I could get ready and be there on time. By on time I mean five minutes late. Always keep a man waiting a few minutes to build up that anticipation.

Once I got home and opened the door to my condo and rushed to my bedroom and picked out an outfit. It was between this sweet spaghetti strap off colored white dress. The white dress is really more on the reserved side not really showing and tittie or hugging my curves Like I need it too. So instead I went with this crushed red velvet dresses that fit just right and in Mo's words " screams dick me down". I wasn't a hundred percent sure if I wanted to take it there with Marlon tonight but It can't hurt to tease him a little bit am I right or am I right 🤷🏽‍♀️?

I paired the dress up with a nice black leather jacket with zippers on it and theses cute pair of chunky red velvet heels to match.

Once I finished matching my outfit up I decided to head to the bathroom turn up my waterproof radio and grab one of my pre-rolled blunts from my medical cabinet , and sparked it up only aiming to finish half of it. By this point the radio was playing How Deep Is Your Love by Keith Sweats ol sexy ass. I had the chance to meet him in person and I must say that he is definitely way better looking in person! I looked over to my digital clock and saw that it was already a quarter past seven so I turned the shower on stripping out of my clothes and getting into the shower. Once I started lathering up in my favorite body wash which is this lavender and peach scent that smells like good pussy in a bottle, I began to hear the radio play forever my lady. Honestly I loved this song but it had this vibe to it that made you wanna make a baby well in my case not have one but it don't hurt to practice am I right or am I right🤷🏽‍♀️?

For some odd reason my mind went directly to DeVante. Just thinking about his huge hands roaming every inch of my body made me roam my own body. I can't lie I use to always have fantasies about what I'd be like if me and Devante ever took it there like all the way there. Just the thought of him grabbing me up and whispering in my ear with that deep voice while he's deep in my pussy just made me wanna keep going but eventually I had contained my hormones enough to get out he shower and beginning doing my make-up and hair. For my hair style I decided to do loose curls in my hair which took no time at all , I got up , smoked the rest of my joint, put on my clothes and jewelry and headed out the door to Marlon's.

The whole time in the car I had a million thoughts running through my mind. For one what did his house look like since I've never been? I actually have seen the luxury apartment complex before because I know that Dalvin lives directly across the street in another set of luxury apartments in 3905.

Then more thoughts about how would his reaction would be to this outfit I mean I'm giving straight bawdy! I had even thought about if he'd be cooking the meal himself of having it prepared or us. I hope he has some kind of liquor cause I planned on being fucked up tonight.

Looking at the address on the complex that I believe to be his to double check that it was correct and pulled into the car deck searching for a spot as close to the eighth floor and lucky me I found one there right by the door. When I had pulled up and parked it was already five minutes past eight. " perfect" I thought to myself grabbing my belongs and hopping out of my blue wrangler locking the doors cause we still in New York ain't no fancy neighborhood stopping none of these niggas out here.

Once I made sure my door was locked I headed to the door and then to the elevator not even paying attention to the fact that I was on the eighth floor and turned around and walked down the hallway to the correct room number.

Right when I was a few doors down I had heard someone calling my name and turned around to see Coko from SWV. " hey girl" she said walking up to me. I gave her a dry hello back. She know I don't like her. See every time me and the girls have a show or appearance and SWV is there it's always some catty vibes they give off. They seem as if they wanna compete with us at everything but no shade no tea their singles never surpass ours on the charts🐸 but anyways we kept our conversation cute and simple she told me that she lived in the building but once I explained to her I was there for a friend she got the point and went about her business.

After walking down a few doors I finally reached my destination I was about to knock on the door but waited until I took out my pocket  mirror from my purse and teased my hair and make-up and right when I looked down to knock I saw a beautiful long steamed peach rose at the foot of the door I bent down to pick it up cheesing hard and once I did that I heard ruffling on the other side of the door letting me know that Marlon was watching me.

"I know you see me out here , open up sweetheart" I said in a sweet tone holding the rose up to my nose.

I heard a lot of locks being undone that's when my stomach started doing backflips. Not even sure why I was nervous but what happened next definitely caught me by surprise. Once the door opened it reviled a very nice looking man with a few tattoos showing through his shear grey button up shirt that actually wasn't button  up from his chest up, he had on these nice black dress shoes and some black slacks with a hand towel thrown across his shoulder indicating that he'd been cooking.

" Devante?" I said looking at him with confusion.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

82.7K 3.7K 37
𝐁𝐄𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐊, stormi evans is the biggest female r&b singer on the planet. with the fame and success, such tragic events in h...
40.8K 2.4K 27
{Book Two} It's been two years since DeVanté's incident and Morgan has moved to California. Expect MORE drama. Enjoy! ✨ -status: slowly being edited...
1.6K 108 7
'𝘕𝘶𝘯, 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯' 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘯 𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯' 𝘰𝘯 𝘨𝘪𝘯 & 𝘫𝘶𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘚𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘢𝘵...' 𝘐𝘮...
38.2K 1.8K 43
"Can you hold me down?" Devante From the luxury of producing some of the hottest tracks in the R&B genre, to living out his rockstar dream, young...