Her Darkness, His Light (Book...

By SJSebastian

"Come here" he said motioning for me to step closer. I knew that I had to obey his every word. It was just th... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Part 1)
Chapter 19 (Part 2)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1)
Chapter 23 (Part 2)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Part 1)
Chapter 30 (Part 2)
Chapter 30 (Part 3)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter (Just for You💖)
Book 2

Chapter 26

109K 4.3K 1.6K
By SJSebastian

So sorry for the long wait. 🙏🙏

Here's another chapter. It's a short chapter more like a bridge. Hope you enjoy. Don't forget to share your thoughts.

Have a wonderful day ahead. God bless!!!!

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

############################

Kyle's POV

The next day I was determined to speak to Tonya but in order to do that I had to ask permission from the royal brat and I did. I had to mentally prepare myself for what felt like hours before I asked him.

"Your Highness, may I be excused for half an hour this afternoon? I'll finish whatever I have to do before that."

I couldn't believe that I could be this nice. My voice sounded so foreign to even me. He better let me out.

After I was done, Timothy just stared at me.

For a long, long time.

We were then having a staring contest. Since I actually look him in the eye every time we have a conversation. Seconds turned into minutes. I wanted to ask again but then he decided to break the silence and by break I mean destroy.

"YOU BLINKED!!! HAHAHAH I WONNN!!" he screeched.

Umm.....do I look like I give a fuck?!

I couldn't say that of course so instead I gave him a tight smile. Still needed his permission.

"Ahh....about the break Your Highness?"

"Why do want it? I need a solid excuse, human."

Tiny, evil, psychotic bloodsucker.

"I just need to talk to a friend, it's very important." I said seriously.

"Is it a sssspecial someone?" he hissed.

"Um...I guess? I really need to talk to this person." I said hoping he wouldn't get any more creative questions.

"Hmm....okay."

"Really?"

"You can take an hour if you want. Or maybe two," he said sounding a bit weird.

"Ahh, may I ask why?"

"Because I want you to do something in return," he said smugly.

I knew it!!!!

"Which is?"

"You will come to town with me tomorrow. Servants don't actually tag along but I'm bringing you anyway because I can."

I gaped at him. Why in the world would he bring me out. I'd like that but to spend an outing with him? No freaking way. Why me?!!!

"Lady Esther has requested to spend the day with me and my oldest brother. Well, it wasn't actually a request, it was more of a statement. Anyways, she just wants to get close to my brother but she doesn't want to understand that my brother hates her and I don't want to be stuck in the middle of a drama."

And I don't wanna be stuck with you. Outside!!!

Here in his chambers, I can at least look at him and speak to him directly and casually. Sometimes I even raise my voice. But out there, I'd have to behave like an actual slave. Plus, I do not want to be anywhere near Esther and the Dark Prince.

"So take all the time you need with your special friend and tomorrow we'll be going out. Understood?"

"Yes." I gritted out not bothering to say 'Your freaking Highness.'

~~~

I ran to the gardens right after serving Timothy his lunch. I didn't know if it was the desperation or the pure determination to speak to her, but I found Tonya almost immediately. She looked weaker and I could clearly see that she was exerting herself. The way she was sweeping, it made me want to do it for her.

I strode over, surprising her by taking the rake from her and throwing it aside. I was only brave enough to do it because I was here with the permission of a Royal Pure Blood.

"Kyle?!" she yelped in shock her eyes went to her rake. "What are you doing here and you can't do this!" she said running over to pick up the rake but I held her hand.

"Wait it's okay. I'm here with Prince Timothy's permission."

"That doesn't give you the rights to throw rakes around Kyle."

"Sure it does." I shrugged at her mad expression. Her eyes looked tired and her lips were dry.

"You don't look so good," I said softly putting a strand of loose hair behind her ear. "You don't look too good yourself Kyle," she teased giving me a smile.

"Hey I'm always fabulous okay!" I said pretending to sound heart broken.

"So, I'm sure you didn't risk asking permission from the Prince to come all this way just to see if I was alright."

"You wound me Tonya, I could have...."

"Come meet me any other night," she finished my sentence.

"Alright, okay, I came to ask if you have seen our little red head recently," the moment the words left my mouth her face immediately dropped.

"You too?" I asked. She looked at me with tearful eyes. "You haven't seen her too, have you?"

"No," she whispered. I immediately turned around and ran my hands through my hair.

What the fuck.

"Fucking great. None of you?!"

"You think I don't want to see her?! I miss her like hell Kyle! Every time I ask, it seems as if it's the wrong thing to do. They keep telling me to be quiet and I honestly don't know what to do! Even Eve made me swear not to ask," tears were already running down her cheeks. I've never seen Tonya cry. Angry? A lot. But tears? I didn't know how to make her feel better so I pulled her to my chest. She cried a bit longer but stopped herself from crying too much.

"Where is she now?" I asked softly.

"With the Dark Prince probably. God knows what he's doing to her. Last time I saw her, she looked so skinny and small Kyle. She was weak. She...she doesn't come back to the quarters anymore."

"What do you mean? Then where does she sleep?" Tonya just gave me a pitiful look.

"He....he keeps her?"

"I guess so, she has bruises all over her skin. I know he drinks from her and I...I don't want to imagine what...."
I pulled her in for another hug before she finished what she wanted to say.

This only meant one thing, Eve wasn't going to last very long. The Prince will drain her out sooner or later then look for another flavor.

That can't happen. We had to do something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prince Phoenix's POV

It was almost seven when I neared my chambers. The council meeting ended a little late. War was always a complicated issue. I refused to dive into it as I came towards the doors.

I ordered my guards to never leave the doors for the day. I knew my Little Flower would try to leave as soon as she woke up. That could not happen.

As I walked closer to them, I looked at the guard on the right. He immediately gave me a low bow. "She didn't stop banging the doors for a long time Your Highness." I gave a nod and both of them left at once.

I slowly opened the door and walked in. My eyes scanned the room. She wasn't sleeping on the bed as I had hoped for. I looked around until my eyes landed on something red on the other side of the bed, on the ground. I carefully walked around the bed.

There she was, sitting on the floor hugging her knees to her chest. She was just staring out the window not moving. As I walked closer, I noticed that her fiery red hair was lose, hiding half of her face. When I got close enough I crouched down right before her. When my fingers touched her cheek she flinched away. Her whole body was guarded after that gesture. I attempted to take her hand but she moved away like it was a natural reflex.

Irritated, I pulled her forward and carried her towards the table, she used her small hands to push me away, although it did nothing to me I still felt annoyed as she kept pushing and struggling in my arms.

"Enough!!!" I yelled at her. She immediately stilled. The room was silent except for her heavy, panicked breathing.

"I thought I told you to never struggle," I said coldly putting in as much power into my voice as I spoke. I didn't want to scare her but I didn't like her struggling against me all the damn time. I hated it in fact. She continued to breathe heavily as I brought her to the table. I then gently sat her across my lap and called Percival in to serve dinner.

Once he left the tray and walked out, I began to feed her. I had completely forgotten to arrange the other meals for her. Being so caught up in keeping her in my chambers, the matter of food slipped my mind.

I made sure she ate as much as possible. Unfortunately, she stopped opening her mouth after just a few mouths. Even after I tried pushing the spoon in, she refused to eat any more.
I just have to make up for it with breakfast then.

Not one word left her lips the whole time. It was like she had given up on begging me to let her go. I hoped that was the case. She needed to learn. She was mine.

While holding her, my mind unconsciously drifted off to tomorrow's plan. Just thinking about it brought my mood spiraling down. My grip on my Little Flower tightened. I didn't want to be away from her and I damn well didn't want to spend any time with that Esther. The only reason I was going was because my parents made me to somehow agree.

Honestly, I didn't know how that shit happened. Before I realized what was going on, it was settled. I am to spend the whole day tomorrow with that pathetic creature.

In order to make things just a tiny bit bearable I made sure Angel was tagging along as well. I didn't know where we were going and I didn't care. I just hoped that my brother will stop me from burning anything or anyone if things went south.

My mind came back to reality when I felt something fall on my chest. I looked down and saw that it was her head. Taking a closer look, I noticed that she had fallen asleep. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was light and even. It made me wonder if she had fallen asleep or she actually passed out from fatigue. I guessed it was the latter.

She looked extremely worn out. I didn't know for how long she tried to leave the room, but it looks like she did a lot. I kissed her bruised knuckles before I gently lifted her and walked over to the bed. After laying her down, I debated if I should lay next to her. I stroked her cheek. She was so soft, so tempting.

Sighing to myself I took a shower, changed into more comfortable clothes and laid beside her. I wrapped my arms around her small waist and pulled her back to my chest. Her body was a perfect fit for mine. It was honestly the best feeling I've had in forever. So this was how normal felt like.

Laying with her, it felt normal. Natural.

I felt......like an ordinary being.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning came around too early. Extremely early. I didn't want to leave her side but I had to.

I quickly finished my morning routine and waited in the dining area for Esther and Angel. I couldn't wait to get this day over with. About fifteen minutes later I heard the clicking of heels. It got louder and then it stopped. I knew she was standing at the entrance of the dining hall. No doubt staring at me.

She then walked in confidently and took a seat across from me. She was wearing a short, fitted purple dress which showed off her body. She held a classy black hat to go with her outfit.

"Phoenix you're early."

"It's Your Highness to you, Esther. Nothing else." I said firmly making sure there was no room for arguments.

"Come on, we've known each other for so many years, I'm sure....."

"I said its Your Highness to you."

"Fine, Your Highness," she drawled. "Don't need to be so angry. It's a wonderful morning. Smile a little."

I remained passive. That was when Angel walked in. Following him was a young boy with blonde hair. The look on his face only showed misery. I could somehow relate to that.

"You're bringing someone?" I raised my brow.

"Yeap. He's my personal servant. He's going to keep me company for today." I simply nodded hiding my surprise.

"Good morning Timothy! How did you sleep?"

"Why do you ask if you don't actually care?" my brother tilted his head.

I smiled. She didn't know anything about Angel's vampiric gifts yet.

She let out a nervous laugh. "Excuse me? Was it wrong to ask?"

"I slept like a baby thank you very much. Now where's breakfast? I'm hungry."
The blonde servant went straight for the kitchen area but before he could go further, Angel stopped him.

"No, no. Not you!" the boy stopped obviously confused. "You can sit with me today," Angel suddenly blurted. Even I was taken aback. My brother never gets attached to anyone so easily. He's the closest to me after my parents. So when he asked his personal servant to sit at the royal dining table, I was quite amused. He must have gotten really close to the servant boy.

The servant however made no move to sit down. I couldn't say if he didn't want to break any rules or that he was just pissed at my brother for saying such things.

"Eerggh, I gave you the day off so you could come out with me human. Now come sit already!" he said adamantly. The servant boy dragged his feet like they each weighed a ton but he finally sat next to my brother. Angel beamed up at him.

"Surely you're not going to allow something like this!" came Esther's screechy voice. I forgot she existed in the hall.

"The boy belongs to my brother, a Royal Pure Blood prince. He can do whatever he wants with him," I said coldly.

"Your Highness that's a human. A servant at that. They do not share the same table as us. This is going against..."

"You're speaking the law to me? I know the law. The servant belongs to my brother and the young prince can do whatever he wishes with him. Period." I said. She was going to say something but breakfast was served.

We all ate in silence. From the corner of my eye I saw the boy picking his food and Angel filling up his plate. I knew the boy wanted to fight back but he held his tongue.

Once we were all done with breakfast, Percival came in to announce that our ride was ready.

I wasn't looking forward for this day.

############################

That's all for now guys. What do think is gonna happen???

Dun dun dunnnnnnn!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.8K 1.9K 38
*Previously Take Flight* Eliana is running from her past, and it's chasing her with a vengeance. When her loved ones are murdered before her by a cru...
4M 129K 41
I flinch as his hand reaches to my face, and aggressively pulls down the cloak from my head. He surveys my tear stained face and jewelry all the way...
170 29 28
I woke to a sudden breeze invading the warmth from the heavy blanket that caressed my skin. Here, alone with my thoughts, the still, calm quiet in th...
301K 7.3K 30
BOOK 3 "Dance with me Tallulah." His whisper slithered over my skin, tempting me to comply. I smirked as I brought forth my current, allowing it to c...