Dared To Love

Od hugmebrothapls

This is your typical clique bad boy and good girl story, but with a plot twist. This story is about getting r... Více

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Authors Note ~ Please Read
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Another IMPORTANT Authors Note ~
**Heads Up**
Chapter Twenty Six
Quick Note ~
Another Note :) - Important
Please Read :)
THE SEQUEL FOR DTL IS UP

Chapter Twenty Three

1.1K 44 8
Od hugmebrothapls

+++++

Ryder's POV

I admit I screwed up, bad.

Worser than bad.

I should have trusted Ember, listened to her, not walked away like I had.

I just-  

Seeing him, holding on to her like that- and I didn't even fight back, I just walked away. I was meant to protect my girlfriend, but instead I left her in hands of the enemy and look how that backfired on me. 

My fault, not hers. 

The tables have turned.

How could I be this stupid?

The only I don't understand is how Chloe 'fell in love' with me, I don't even talk to her much so I don't understand how that happened.

In anger, I wasn't thinking. How even did I end up with Chloe that night? I honestly couldn't remember anything after getting into Ember's room.

Why did everything have to be so messed up? Couldn't I just live a simple and happy life with Ember, in peace?

My chances with her have been blown, but there was some time to undo my mistakes.

I needed to protect Ember, no matter what.

"Jacob, go after Ember. Make sure she's okay, protect her," I instruct, "They'll go after her, knowing she's my weakness."

I hated how she was my only weakness, but I just couldn't help it. She is first true love.

"Also, tell Ky to stay with Chloe," I add, "Stay safe."

"Be careful yourself," he says, following my orders.

Nodding, he leaves. My hope of Ember's safety lied with him. Honestly, I wanted to be in his place, protecting her, but I knew this wasn't the right time. 

She doesn't want to see me right now, and I understand. But I know she trusted Jacob the most after me and Chloe, so I send him in her way, trusting him. 

I needed to know what happened last night, because all I'm hearing are lies and I was sick of it. I wanted everything to be as clear as crystal. 

I needed the truth.

+++++

Ember's POV

"Don't even try to defend him," I say, still wounded.  

I heard what he said, loud and clear. That was my proof that we weren't meant to be.

Things happen quickly, without knowing, it disappears within a blink of an eye.

Just like our relationship.

I always dreamt about Ryder and I being together, how perfect our lives would be, but now I'm reconsidering.

Chances are, I'm overreacting, but being hurt by someone you cared about for so long, will sting.

My whole life had been a twisted game. Someone was playing with me as their puppet. I was merely a doll to their collection.

"It's not why I'm here," Jacob starts but soon cut of by Charlie rushing behind him, panting heavily.

"Are you okay?" I asked, diverting my attention to him "What happened?"

Another thing to add to my list of worries. Everything bad happens within a one metre radius of me. 

Why?

"It's Damon," he informs, "He's hurt."

I froze, no words left my mouth. My thoughts scattered, only one stood out.

"Where is he?" Jacob asked suddenly, voicing my thoughts.

Damon was my only other best friend, and I couldn't risk anything happening to him. 

"Follow me," Charlie says, regaining his breath, and I follow, closing the door behind me.

+++++

We have been driving for almost an hour, yet Charlie wouldn't tell us whereabouts Damon got hurt. Jacob had been texting me his thoughts, unable to speak them aloud.

Jacob: Do you think this is a wild goose chase?

Me: I'm starting to believe it, but why?

Jacob: I'm turning on my GPS, and telling Ryder to track us. 

Me: Good idea.

"Where are we going?" I ask, trying not to be suspicious, "There isn't a hospital near here."

Tree's surrounded our road, with thick brown dust trailing us. No buildings, not even civilians in sight. There wasn't a passing car for about a few miles back, which worried me. 

Nothing was here.

"We're not going to a hospital," Charlie says, a change in tone as he started to smirk. 

This just confirmed my suspicion.

Why was he smirking? I turned to see Jacob as confused as I was. What was going on?

"Where is he, Charlie?" I ask, sternly, "Why are you acting like this?"

"I'm right here babe," a voice spoke from behind me, making me flinch in shock when I lay eyes on Damon, "Nice to see you still care about me."

What the hell? 

I almost screamed in fear, as I examined him. No blood. No bruises. Not even a damn mark to prove he was hurt. 

"What is that supposed to mean?" I question, annoyed and hurt that he lied, "Is this supposed to be a joke? Because it's not funny. My life itself is a joke, so please, stop-"

"We need to have a talk," he replies, signalling Charlie to stop the car, "It's time for the truth, baby girl."

My head snapped in Charlie's direction as I saw his satan like nature showing, with a sinful smirk across his lips, his eyes glowing with flaming anger. 

What did I do to him?

"Get out now," Charlie demanded, "Both of you."

I felt something hard being pressed against my head, and heard a trigger being pulled. I slowly turn around to see Damon, pointing a gun towards my head.

"Is this a joke?" I hissed, unable to handle the fact that someone like Damon could really put me in danger.

"Get out of the car Em," he growled, "Don't make me repeat myself."

Doing as told, Jacob and I get out of the car and stand on the side of the van. 

"What has gotten into you guys?" Jacob asked, only to be answered by a bullet fired in the distance, barely missing his head.

A warning shot.

"This isn't a joke," Charlie spat, "This is revenge."

Revenge for what? What did I do to him to deserve this? What in hell's name was going on?

So many questions circled my mind, all remaining unanswered, but the list kept growing. 

"Go check them," Damon commanded, keeping his aim between Jacob and I.

"What the hell-" I silently whispered to Jacob as Charlie gave a small nod, slipping his gun back into the waistband of his pants and walked towards us with long strides. 

"Don't worry Em, I'm with you."

Jacob's words made me feel somehow safer than before. I trust him.

"Try anything and you'll regret it," Charlie warned, searching our bodies. He found our phones, wallets, keys and other items, chucking them onto the ground.

Once we were empty, I felt my cheek warm up fast as a stinging sensation began to spread across my cheek when Charlie's hand collided with my face. I didn't even see it coming, it was as if reality had slapped me right across the cheek. 

My chin was violently grabbed with his index finger and thumb, increasing the pressure every second. With his spare hand, he grasped onto my waist, closing his fingers in. I could feel his fingers digging into my waist, making me squirm. 

"Get off her-" I heard Jacob demand, trying to pull Charlie of me. 

"Touch him and you're dead," Damon snarled, as I heard and saw Jacob back away with guilty eyes. 

"This is nothing compared to what Jack has in store for you princess," he snickered, his venomous tone sending chills all over my body.

"What did I do to you?" I retort, forgetting I was at gun point. 

I didn't care if they killed me. In fact, I should be thankful that they were taking me out of my misery. 

"You dumb-" he snapped, increasing his grip, with his fingernails digging further into my skin as I felt my blood ooze out, "Your boyfriend stole my girlfriend, and you're asking me what's wrong?"

"How is that my fault?" I ask, annoyed at how childish he was being, even though he had the upper hand, "Chloe somehow fell in love with Ryder and you're blaming me-"

"Since he's not here, you're going to pay and I'm going to enjoy torturing you every moment," he snarled, ignoring my comment. 

Finally he released his grip after one last, painful squeeze. I could feel more blood, slowly seeping from my waist, staining my top. 

During that painstaking moment, the weak Ember vanished and was replaced with the harsh Ember Wilson. 

Careless, strong, willing and brave.

I needed to show them I wasn't weak, I needed to stand up for myself.

"You have me, let Jacob go," I demand, my voice steady, "There's nothing left for me to fight for, so I don't care."

"No," Jacob cut in, his voice strong, "I'd rather die than leave you alone in this."

"That's cute," Damon finally spoke, lowering his gun, and starting to circulate us, "But since your ex didn't agree to Jack's conditions, this is the punishment. Your death."

"Then kill me," I retort, standing forward, in line with Damon, so we were exactly face to face. 

"I wish I could, but I'm afraid, your death isn't written in my hands."

Fear was long gone. 

I wasn't scared anymore. Adrenaline overtook my body. I was ready for a fight.

In the distance, I could see a few black vans approach us, making my anger level rise higher than ever. He had some nerve.  

Damon trailed my eyes to see what I was looking at, a victorious grin replaced his smirk, angering me more.

"Your ride is here."

Cursing under my breath as Damon handcuffed me, and shoving me into the van. Jacob came in through the other door, followed by Charlie beside Jacob and Damon beside me, trapping our only escape route.

"Call Ryder using Ember's phone," Damon instructed, as the car started moving.

Charlie did as he was told, unlocking my phone and dialling his number. It took a few rings before he picked up.

"Ember, I-"

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but it isn't Ember here," Charlie spoke with a sarcastic tone, but interrupted by Jacob. 

"Ryder, they got us. I'm so sorry-" Jacob says, but soon cut of by Damon.

"If you don't shut up, I swear I'll kill you right here," he growled from beside me. Too bad my hands were restricted otherwise I would have taught him a good lesson.

"Don't you dare," I warn, "I told you to leave him out of this."

"Well today's schedule isn't going to be going according to your wishes sweetheart," Charlie retorts, turning back to the phone.

"What's going on?" Ryder questions, worried and concern laced within his tone. How oblivious could he be?

"They're under our custody now," Damon informed, "Because of your stupid decision."

"Let them go-"

"Hope you said your goodbyes, as soon she'll be off newly married, only if she survives the game."

"I'll give myself in," Ryder reasons, his voice was cold, with a hint of softness, breaking my heart, "Just don't put them in the game. They've suffered enough."

"I'm afraid it's too late."

+++++

Author's Note ~

Hello everyone! So this is where the fun begins. I realise there's a few chapters left of the story but I will try my best to add all the loose ends. I'm sure for those who have read further, you'll know what the game is. But don't be a spoiler! Any guesses of what the game might be? Why did Ryder quit?

So the first major plot twist was with Chloe loving Ryder, in this chapter it was Damon and Charlie turning to the dark side and revealing their true identity! Anyone saw that coming? I hope not! So, please let me know if anything is confusing, I'm trying my best to extend the length of the chapters, but since I'm under a tight schedule, I need to wrap up the editing hopefully by tonight or tomorrow. I'm excited to edit the remaining few chapters as they were my fav!

Until then ~

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

192K 9.4K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
4.7M 54.3K 53
Sylvia moved to Florida and immediately was taken under by her neighbor. His name is Chase, and from the first time he saw her he has wanted her, and...
53.9K 4.3K 32
There were three things that Dawn was certain of: 1) she's tall (she stands 5'10 which is really tall for a girl and according to her, well, she's ba...
110K 3.7K 26
Sophia Brooks is an ordinary girl. She has her friends and life planned out. When she goes to college she is taken back that the college put a boy as...