𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐆 𝐋𝐔𝐕. || 𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐚�...

נכתב על ידי immortalpac

𝑩𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒆, 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝑰 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖... עוד

Prologue
1. Orange Jacket
2. Different
3. I care
4. As a Woman
5. Back at it again
6. Something so good
7. Moving in Together
8. 'Streetwise' Birdie
9. My cup of tea
10. Bloody lies
11. Just wanted to see you
12. What's the deal? Pt. 1
13. What's the deal? Pt. 2
14. In it together
15. Connection's off
16. Not used to this
17. Birthday blues Pt. 1
18. Birthday blues Pt. 2
19. Distant family
20. Nobody's fool
22. I did not know....
23. So over 'Streetwise Birdie'
24. More drama Pt. 1
25. More drama Pt. 2
26. Break up to make up
27. Doing my own thing
28. I don't know
29. For us
30. The Game
31. Confusion
32. As good as gone.
33. Guilty
34. Enough
35. Meant to be
36. Layin Low
37. Lost Soul
38. Don't think about it too much
39. Who can I run too?
40. Meaningful
41. Reminsce
42. I loved him too
Epilogue

21. Don't you trust me?

1.8K 76 41
נכתב על ידי immortalpac

June 4th, 1993
Three weeks later....

Harlem, NewYork

Harlem Hospital

Emoni,

"You ready to get home, auntie?"

"Yeah. I've been in here long enough, I'm ready to get my black ass home."

I gave off a small smile with a head nod. "I'll go get the car ready while you finish up in here, okay?"

"Okay."

I grabbed my keys and walked out of her area walking all the way down the long hall to make my way to the front door. I pulled open the door and went outside. I put my hand up to block the forceful wind that blew directly in my face.

On the walk towards my car, I eventually ended up putting my hand down not caring about the strong winds anymore. I've lived here long enough now to be used to the cold weather. Just not that used to it, to ever decide to stay here for good.

The plans still the same, as soon as I get my money together, I'm moving back home to Beverly Hills. But until then, I'm gonna continue to live with Birdie.

Speaking of him, we haven't seen each other in the past couple weeks. Well, we have seen each other but briefly, we talk on the phone more than anything and he doesn't seem to have a problem with that so it will stay that way.

Especially until I look more into what my auntie was talking about, telling me about all those other girls and what not. It's best we keep our distance, and to be honest I think it's making our relationship better, ya know, not living together has been great.

Both of us should have never agreed to move in together in the first place. It was too soon. That's when our relationship really started to crumble.

It's whatever though, what's done is done. I'm not gonna look back either only the future will make this relationship work.

So, so be it.

After getting the car started up I saw the nurse wheeling out my auntie. I shook my head clear of my thoughts before getting out of the car because I didn't want her in my business. "She's all set." Said the nurse with a sweet smile upon her face.

I gave off a small smile back. "Thank you," I said.

"You ready Auntie?"

"Yeah."

I helped my auntie up from the wheelchair and into the passenger side of the car. I jogged back over to the driver's side and got in the car. "You ready to go?" I said turning to her.

"Yep., " she said getting comfortable in her seat.

I smiled at her before turning back to the wheel. I reached over my shoulder to grab my seatbelt and strapped it over my chest.

"You coming to my house?" My auntie asked as I pulled out the driveway.

"No, I have some business to take care of." I said.

"Okay then. I need help fixing up my place though."

I sighed. "I know auntie, I'm gonna come over there tomorrow so don't worry about that. Just rest up today."

So with that being said, I continued on the drive to her house.

•••

After dropping my aunt off at home I finally arrived in front of Monte's house after asking around for a couple of hours. I parked in front of the house quickly getting out of the car.

I gotta take care of something, with this whole Monte situation. I know what I said before and I meant most of it, but if I care about something it's gonna show no matter how hard I try to block it out I just can't.

I'm not like Birdie. I can't pretend to be a careless asshole like he does. It's just not me so fuck what I said before about not caring because I do.

I have to get to the bottom of this.

I walked up onto the rugged porch, hesitating before knocking on the door. I crossed my arms looking around anxiously waiting for somebody to end the unsettling feeling fuming up my shoulders.

Two minutes later the door swung open and there stood a girl. She was Hispanic with curly black hair that sat on her shoulders and that's all I saw since I didn't really care to look at her. "Hey," I said.

"What's sup? Whatchu want?" she questioned giving me a dirty look.

"Um, are you Monte?"

"Um, No. Monte is my brother."

My eyes got big in shock. "Your brother?"

"Yep. Whatchu need to see my brother for? You got a problem?"

"No, I just heard that he knows Birdie and I—,"

"Birdie?" she questioned cutting me off.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, Birdie."

"And who are you to Birdie?" She asked with an attitude.

I put my eyes in my head, trying to hold back my anger. "I'm his girlfriend."

She scoffed. "His girlfriend?"

"Yes, his girlfriend."

"Well, Birdie's 'girlfriend', I'm Melissa. Birdie's chick."

I scoffed crossing my arms. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me, bitch, " she spat.

"Who the fuck are you calling a bitch?"

"You bitch. Get the fuckin' bougie earring from yo ear and you'll be able to hear me."

"Oh my fucking God. Look, can you just help me out, please? Please really, that's all I ask." I pleaded putting my hands up in surrender.

She said nothing putting her hands on her hips. "What's going on out here?" Another Hispanic girl questioned as she tried to step foot in the doorway but Melissa stopped her.

"Go back inside," she said. "I'm handlin' it."

She nodded taking a quick look at me before walking back inside the house. "So? Are you gonna help me or not?" I questioned growing annoyed.

She sighed rolling her eyes, she ran her fingers through her hair before speaking, "Birdie and I have been in a relationship for a while. I didn't know that he was in a relationship witchu, he played me too."

I shook my head back and forth in disbelief. "That's not true. That can't be true."

She sighed. "Monte and him sell drugs together sometimes. I met Birdie a couple years back. We've been dating ever since."

I stayed quiet looking directly into her face. "What? Still, don't believe me? Hold on den." She walked into her house leaving the door wide open.

She was soon back with a photo book in her hand. "Here," she spoke as she tried handing the book to me.

I refused to take the book from her hands not wanting to face the outcome of her story.

"What is this?" I asked.

She sighed. I watched as she opened the book to the first page. She turned it around to show me the picture.

It was her and Birdie. He had hair so it had to be old. She was in his lap and they both were smiling looking like the perfect couple.

"So what? He looks around a good 18 in that pic. That does not prove shit."

"Okay." She then shuffled to the back of the book. "How about this one then, it's clearly recent.

I snatched the book from her staring at the picture of her and Birdie together. They were kissing, his left arm was around her waist and his hand was on her ass. It was taken in somebody's bedroom I moved my finger off the bottom of the picture to read the numbers, 93.

I took a hard swallow keeping my eyes down handing the book back to her. "How recent is that?" I questioned blinking away my tears.

"A couple months back," she said crossing her arms.

And with that being said I turned to walk away hurrying back to my car. I took another hard swallow forcing down my cries. My hand shook violently as I tried to jam the key into the engine.

After a couple tries, I was able to put the key into the engine. I pulled out and off speeding off down the street. Tears swelled my eyes as I speed down the quiet street I can't believe that he would do this to me.

I thought that he cared about me but I guess that he doesn't if he needs another girlfriend other than me, I'm out here looking like a damn fool after I vowed to myself to never be one.

•••

I pulled up in front of our house not parking into the driveway because right after his bulshit story I'm leaving right back out the door.

I threw my body out the car slamming face first onto the concrete. Not caring, I stumbled to my feet and hurried up to the house. "Birdie?!" I shouted as I took my first step into the house.

I marched inside going straight into the kitchen. "Birdie!" I shouted once more, only louder this time.

Where the fuck is he at?

"Birdie! I know you're here!" I screamed stumping my feet like a little baby.

"What the fuck you yelling for?"

I quickly jilted my body around to be faced with him. He was dressed in nothing but his underwear with a towel wrapped around his neck, his toothbrush was hanging out the side of his mouth. He held it there as he stood perfectly still, his face tuned all the way up as he waited for my answer.

"Who the fuck is Melissa Birdie?"

"What?"

"Melissa! Who the fuck is she?!" I snapped.

"Some ho I used to mess with," he said nonchalantly throwing his towel on the couch while walking towards the stairs.

"Some ho? Oh, so you mess around with some 'ho' for years?!" I shouted jumping in front of him.

He stopped walking looking down at my face. I stared back into his eyes growing more impatient by the second. His glare cut deep like a knife, I could tell that he was annoyed by my line of questioning but I couldn't care less, I needed answers and I was gonna get them now.

He sighed running his hand down his head. "Can you just sit down so we can talk about it."

"No, I'm not sitting down anywhere. Just tell me. Did you cheat on me with her?"

"No."

"How can I believe you. She said that you guys are together."

"Yeah, we was. She was my bitch we did everything together, until one day I just got sick of her ass. So I left and never came back, I thought she'd take the memo that I was done but I guess not."

"So you're saying that you never even broke it off with her?"

"I changed my number and got all my shit from her place, how much fuckin' clearer could I have been?"

"I don't believe this. How am I supposed to believe that your not with her when you didn't even break it off with her?!"

"I'm not with her."

"Bulshit!" I screamed in disbelief.

"I'm not with her!" He screamed back sending chills up my spine.

I shook my head staring into his eyes. He stared back into mine taking a step closer to me, he kept taking steps until we were nose to nose. I fell into his chest missing the warmth of his body on mine.

He stood completely still, not even laying a finger on me. I just stayed silent knowing that he was going to speak to me soon again.

"Don't you trust me?" he spoke close to my ear, just above a whisper sending another chill down my spine.

I slowly raised my head to him. My heart sank as I saw the pain in his eyes. My throat tightened as I fought the tears away that wanted to cry ever so loud for him.

"I do, Birdie." I opened my mouth forcing the truth to seek through me. I nodded struggling to continue on as my tears began to pour out. "B-But how do you explain the picture? Pictures don't lie." I said taking a few steps back.

He raised a brow. "Picture?"

"She had a book filled with them. She said the last one was recent." I said to him, as I felt my heart slowly start to sink.

"Baby, she trippin' aight? I haven't seen that bitch since the beginnin' of this year and she knows that."

I just stood there looking up at him, thinking while not knowing what to say. "Shit, we can call Monte right now if you don't believe me," he said pointing in the other room.

"No, no, It's fine," I assured him. "You don't have to do all that I believe you."

I watched through blur as his lips formed a small smile. "Good. Come here."

A smile slowly grew on my face as well, before I stepped closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he went around my waist. Instead of kissing him I just laid my head onto his chest. He rubbed his hands up and down my back softly bringing me into his chest.

I breathed in admiring the natural sent of him. Oh, how I missed it. The way he laughs, the way he talks, it's just everything.

I know it hasn't been too long but it only takes a second and I'll already be missing him.

My Birdie.

"I missed you so much Birdie." I finally spoke again breaking the beautiful silence that laid between us.

"I missed you too baby," he responded hugging me tighter.

I smiled with my eyes closed squeezing my arms around his neck a bit tighter.

I need this man...

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

6.4K 271 43
𝐵𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑛𝑒𝑦 𝑂'𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑑𝑎𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝐵𝑟𝑖𝑎𝑛 𝑂'𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑟, 𝑠𝑜 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑚𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 �...
250K 8.3K 50
Living in Mobile has it times. Nobody wants to get out of this city more than me. I'm Lauren Savage... I guess my name kinda speaks for itself. 20, S...
61.6K 647 20
𝐅𝐞𝐦!𝐨𝐜 𝐱 𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐕𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐞...
759K 31.5K 50
𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 𝐢𝐭? 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨...