thief.

By asanation-

jennie tests the popularized phrase of 'ride or die' when she comes back in contact with a now dangerous frie... More

𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕖𝕗.
the town home.
the medic.
the other doctor.
the bag of chips.
the club.
the fight.
the video.
the sandwich.
the basement.
the office.
the neighbors.
the bathroom.
the racer.
the racer pt. 2
the couch.
the club dancer.
the cup of coffee.
the problem.
the stare.
the arena.
the daydream.
the gun.
the soirée.
the jinx.
the nickname.
the knock.
the phonecall.
the move.
the admirer.
the invite.
the lunch.
the shot pt. 1
the shot pt. 2
the day off.
the flowers.
the bullet.
the breakdown.
the storm.
the kitchen.
the surprise trip.
the mom.
the photo.
the bruise.
the girlfriend.
the shirt.
the past.
the girl.
the chair.
the dress.
the sister.
the break-in.
the jump-attack.
the weakness.
the reveal.
the abduction.
the deal.
the deal pt.2
the sacrifice.
the break.
the thief.
the epilogue.

the water bottle.

7.3K 400 124
By asanation-

"You look so sleep deprived." Taeyong snorted, grimacing at the ugly glare Jennie shot his way as he sat down across from her.

"What? I'm just stating the truth."

"Oh shut up."

He laughed, leaning back in his seat to run a hand through his hair.

"I've been pretty busy doing things here and there." Jennie admitted, taking a sip from her iced tea. "I really want to take a nap. A nice long nap."

"Then go do that when you get home."

"I would...but I have to prepare my notes for those stupid rounds we have tomorrow."

Taeyong grimaced again, Jennie sighed in agreement. "I know, don't rub it in."

"That sucks." He jeered, smirking. "What have you been doing anyways? You're always home doing nothing."

"I've been...running errands for Lisa."

"Well, that's your fault for choosing to be nice for once."

"Yah!" She shrieked, chucking her empty plastic container at his school, successfully hitting her target.

Taeyong yelped, ducking.

"Why are you always so violent?"

"I can't help it!" Jennie grinned. "Deal with it Yongie, it'll come in use to you one day."

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes back at her, getting up. "I left my water bottle back at the therapy gym. I'll be right back."

The brunette nodded, watching him leave. She began to dig into her bowl of fried rice, thankful for once that she had actually packed a decent amount.

Normally Jennie was always in a rush to get to work and never packed enough food for herself. Today seemed to be an exception.

Another reason to her excessive somnolent behavior was because she stayed up late—unable to sleep.

Ever since she exchanged those few words with Taehyung in the coffee room, it had her up...thinking.

What for? All it had been was a few words; nothing less, nothing more.

He was much different talking to in person. It was different hearing about him, different just watching him, and different speaking to him.

There were so many different perspectives and sides which Jennie had never seen to him before.

Kim Taehyung, the cute Daegu boy from seven years ago was just black and white. There was no reading between the lines. She knew everything about him and he knew everything about her.

Now all she saw were fifty shades of grey, everything blended together into light and dark that Jennie could no longer distinguish anything about him...had he changed? Was he same?

He did change, but she wasn't sure how. She couldn't pinpoint it, but there was a looming change in him.

Jennie assumed she was the same as well, but Taehyung probably wasn't stupid enough to keep thinking about how much she changed.

She was, after all, just their medic.

And it seemed like he didn't even want to hire her in the first place. Jennie didn't know whether to feel offended or not.

Maybe it had been to good intentions, he was with a bad crowd in the public. Maybe he didn't want her involved with him for good reason?

And that was the side that Jennie believed never changed. Maybe he just cared about her, even after all these years.

But that was unlikely, as much as she wanted to fantasize and believe. It seemed this Taehyung was just irritated and annoyed with everyone.

He seemed demanding, and never seemed to show any positive type of emotion other than subtle looks of impressment.

He doesn't even smile.

Who the hell doesn't smile? Lisa claimed that's the most she has seen Taehyung smile ever since Jennie showed up, because all she did was verbally quarrel with Dahyun and win—but Jennie never classified that as him smiling.

Taehyung never used to smile like that. In fact, he had the most unique smile in the world, it formed like a rectangular box, and showed off all his perfectly shiny white teeth...

Jennie looked around, frowning.

What was taking Taeyong so long? It didn't usually take him this long to get to the therapy gym.

Getting up from her seat, she slipped her phone into the pockets of her scrubs, heading back inside the hospital.

Sure enough she found him in the lobby, clearly in an argument with someone.

"Listen shorty, don't make me say this another time—"

Jennie recognized the tall guy jeering at Taeyong as Kim Hanbin.

The hospital might serve a good purpose for the general public, but that didn't mean the workers inside were necessarily nice to everyone.

It just so happened that Taeyong and Hanbin didn't get along. Jennie never bothered tapping into why they didn't get along.

"I am literally just an inch shorter than you!" Taeyong shoved past him, but Hanbin caught his wrist.

"Listen Yongle, I don't appreciate how you did me dirty during our rounds session today. I looked so stupid, and I relied on you!"

"You should've done your work!"

"Don't make me angry!"

"Try me!" Taeyong snapped back, eyes widened slightly when Hanbin raised a fist to punch the shorter.

He wasn't successful in punching the daylights out of Taeyong however, someone else caught his wrist.

Taeyong looked over startled, even more surprised to see Jennie gripping Hanbin's wrist.

"Jennie, what are you—"

She gave him a look to shut up, before glancing at Hanbin.

"What exactly is the problem here?"

"Wow, Taeyong. Really having a girl here try and fight me—"

"He didn't ask me anything. I ask again, what exactly is going on here? Did I hear correctly that you didn't prepare for your rounds?"

She twisted his wrist slowly. "Hanbin...who's fault is that? Your's or Taeyong's?"

He pulled his wrist from her grip, glaring at her. "Who are you?"

"Jennifer Kim." She rolled up her sleeves. "Don't be a wuss. I may be a girl, but you don't have to take it easy on me."

"Jennie, I don't think—"

"Taeyong, shut up."

"You really think this is a joke? I'm twice your size, Jennie."

"Am I laughing to you? I'm doing this on behalf of Taeyong—leave him the hell alone. We don't need people like you in here threatening our co-workers."

"Why you—"

He reached to grab her arms, but Jennie was faster. She in turn, grabbed his wrists, using her leg to turn him around.

She pinned his arms behind his back.

"Think smarter Hanbin." She whispered, smirking.

He grabbed a flap of her lab coat, yanking on it hard. She lost her footing momentarily, allowing Hanbin free.

He didn't hesitate to try and punch her shoulder, but Jennie ducked underneath him, once again thankful for her small stature. She stood up behind him, kicking the tall man in the back, sending him flying to the seats on the other side of the lobby.

It resulted in a loud crash.

Jennie looked on for a second, before dusting off her jacket for any dirt. She fixed her ponytail, then looked at Taeyong. That ended a lot faster than she predicted.

His mouth was agape, like a goldfish.

"Oh, don't do that." She hissed, shoving his mouth shut. "That's embarrassing."

"You just—"

"I have a black belt." Jennie mumbled, patting his shoulder. Something else caught her eye, she forgot what she was about to say.

Taeyong also looked in her direction, before sighing.

"Jen, but you literally just—he's Hanbin."

"And I'm Jennie Kim," Jennie drawled. "Your point? I told you once baby, I'm full of surprises."

"I think I need to take a day off." He breathed, slowly walking back to the outdoor cafe, where they had been originally eating lunch.

After making sure he was gone, Jennie shot a dirty look to Hanbin, who sat massaging his injured arm, then glanced over at the male and female standing at the entrance of the hospital.

Kang Seulgi and Kim Taehyung.

"Okay, you guys can't be in here. Let's talk somewhere else." She muttered, pushing the two out the door.

Jennie wasn't aware that they had just seen her single-handedly beat down one of the goon-like men in the hospital.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 4.8K 24
*SMUT! SMUT! SMUT!* *CONTAINS VIOLENCE* She's caught between two cartel leaders. One would die for her. The other would kill for her. She has to make...
227K 9.2K 42
Jennie Kim, daughter of a gang leader was given a mission to hunt and kill the son of another gang leader, Kim Taehyung. Secrets revealed throughout...
51.2K 1.8K 25
mafia's girl. ―❝what about killing you?❞ started: eigth of april 2O2O ended: twenty fifth of april 2O2O edited: twenty fourth of september - fourteen...
72.2K 3.1K 23
A short story between the initial encounter of two people; never seen before. #1 taennie #1 Taejen