Devotion [h.s]

By happydays1d

{SEQUEL TO MALIGNANT AND HIDEAWAY} MATURE READ! (18+) "Lay one finger on my daughter and I'll have you destro... More

Authors Note
Prologue
205
206
207
208
209
210
211
212
213
214
215
216
217
218
219
220
221
222
223
224
225
226
227
228
229
230
231
232
233
234
235
236
237
238
239
240
241
242
243
244
245
246
247
248
249
250
252
253
254
255
256
257
258
259
260
261
262
263
264
265
266
267
268
269
270
271
272
273
274
275
276
277
278
279
280
281
282
283
284
285
286
287
288
289
290
291
292
293
294
295
296
297
298
299
300
301
302
303
304
305
306
307
308
Epilogue

251

164K 4K 21.4K
By happydays1d

"Amelia stop!" Harry grabs me as I get to the stairs, prohibiting me from leaving.

"She's down there say someone shooting everyone!" I try to budge from his grip but he was always too strong for me.

"No, I don't care if she's down there. I'm not letting you getting shot." He objects and pulls me back.

"She's my best friend!"

"And you're my fiancé." He fights.

"Go to my room, I'll go and get her." Louis steps in, taking his gun out of his waistband which I'm surprised he had on him considering Audrey was straddling him not long ago.

"I'll go too." Harry says.

"No, you're staying here." I shake my head. "You don't even have a gun on you."

"You don't?" Louis arches his brow in surprise.

"No, but I'm not staying up here and hiding." He furrows his brows.

"You're not hiding, you're keeping Amelia safe. I will get Audrey on my own. Just stay in my room, please." He says in demand before turning around and running down the stairs to the mayhem.

"C'mon." Harry grabs my hips and hurries me further into the hallway and into Louis room.

"Harry I won't ever forgive myself if something happens to her." I feel my heart race to the point where it aches and my hands were shaking.

"She will be fine, Louis will get her. Maybe she ran out the door already when she stormed away from you." He states while pulling me into Louis' room and shutting the door.

"But what if she isn't." I stare up at his green eyes, standing a couple feet in front of him. I felt like crying, but I couldn't cry yet. My throat was dry and my stomach was turning in nothing but fear. I don't know what I'll do if Audrey gets hurt, especially after the argument we had.

"She will be." He says as I hear more screams come from the main floor and more gunshots. I wanted to throw up in nerves.

"I have to go find her!" I go to storm past him and back out the door but he grabs me by my upper arm.

"No, you're not going down there." He pulls me back calmly.

"Harry let go!" I shout and try to free myself from his firm grip on my arm.

"Amelia." He spoke quietly but I ignore him.

"No Harry! I am not sitting up here while she is down there with her life at risk! I won't do it!" I scream at him, my blood boiling. I tug my arm repetitively, trying to get to the door but he won't let me go. He pulls me back to him so I slam into his chest.

"Let me go!" I scream as he holds both of my arms now. "Harry!"

He doesn't say anything, just looks down at me with a straight face, holding my upper arms tight.

I try with everything I have to free myself but I couldn't. I was upset and getting enraged that he wasn't letting me go. I started punching his broad chest with the sides of my fists but he wouldn't let me leave, trying to push myself off of his body.

"Harry!" I shout and hit but he still won't budge.

"No." Is all he says.

"Please!" I shout in adrenaline.

"Amelia.." He murmurs.

"Let go of me!" I hit.

"Amelia." He says a little louder while leaning down to be head level with me but I don't listen, I couldn't listen to anything other then the horrors going on downstairs as he tried to get me to look in his eyes.

"I need to find h-"

"Amelia!" He screamed in my face, and I mean screamed. His voice was the loudest I've heard in awhile. The level hurt my ears and the layers to it were thick, it was a terrifying yell and it shut me right up. His eyebrows were furrowed and his jaw was sharp, he looked mad.

"Listen to me because I won't repeat myself! You are not going down there so stop trying to fight me on it! I know you're scared for Audrey but she is not your priority right now! You're priority is our daughter and to get home to her alive so don't even think about touching that door handle. Got it?" He shouted, holding my upper arms as I stood still. His green eyes burned into mine and I lost all the words to speak.

And then it happened, I started to cry. Not because he yelled at me, but because I couldn't stand the thought of loosing Audrey in many ways then one. Not only am I afraid for her life, but I'm afraid I lost her for good already. She's scared of me, she doesn't trust me.

Harry's eyes soften and his jaw releases a bit more. He pulls me into his chest and wraps his strong arms around me, holding me close and letting me cry it out as I hug him back.

"She'll be alright." He whispered.

Louis Tomlinson

I get down the steps and see people running out the door, hoping she was one of them but I needed to make sure for Amelia. There were a couple dead bodies around the living room, pooling of blood. The living room didn't have one alive soul in it, it was cleared.

More gunshots fired in the kitchen, multiple ones. I heard some yelling and it made me realized guys from Malignant we're having a gun fight with who ever or how many other intruders there were.

I look around the empty room and make sure she wasn't hiding anywhere. I want to say she left, but something about me thought otherwise. I scanned around the room, checking the main floor bathroom and see nothing.

"Audrey!" I whisper shouted but got not response.

I walk over to the coat closet beneath the stairs and open to it up to low and behold, Audrey sitting on the floor with her knees to her chest. She had tears screaming down her face and was shaking. She flinched and looked up at me.

"Please don't hurt me." She yells, terrified.

"I'm not hurting you." I shake my head and reach my hand out for her to grab. "Let's go before you get us both killed." I say.

She looked at my hand and didn't want to grab it, still looking terrified.

"If you want to hide from a gunman in my closet all night then be my guest, or you can't take my hand and come with me where you will be safe. It's your call but I'm about to shut this door in five seconds." I say with my hand still held out and the gun in my other.

"Y-you could be the gunman." She stutters in her tears.

"If I was the gunman then I would've killed you already when I brought you to my room, now let's go." I say in response, loosing my patience.

She hesitates but grabs my hand, I pull her up and out of the coat closet, shutting the door behind her. I go to take her to the front door so she gets out of this place, but a guy with a gun runs through the doorway with open fire.

All at once I wrap my arm around her head to turn her into my chest while shooting the guy at the same time so she didn't have to see it happen. She screams at the noise and balls the side of my shirt with her fists, her head into my chest securely.

The man falls to the ground and I take an a-line to the stairs instead of outside because I didn't know if there were more shooters out there. I run her to upstairs as she refuses to look anywhere, keeping my arm around her. We race to the top and I go right down the hallway towards my room.

I open the door to see Harry holding Amelia in the middle of the room, her eyes lit up when she saw Audrey alive against me.

"Oh my god." Amelia ran up and grabbed her from me as I shut the door, wrapping her arms around her and Audrey hugging her tightly back in tears. "I'm so sorry." Amelia cried into her shoulder.

"W-why is this happening?" Audrey stutters a cry.

"Because it's dangerous here. We will get you out safe alright?" She tells her in comfort, rubbing her back while Audrey was obviously trying to keep it together but failing.

"I'm going to get Liam from his room, I need to make sure he's okay before going back down there." I say while opening the door up, but the minute I do I hear the sounds of gunshots happen right outside the door.

Someone was upstairs.

I slam the door shut instantly, Audrey jumps from the gunshot noise and holds Amelia tighter.

"Under the bed, both of you now." Harry says, grabbing Amelia who was holding Audrey in her embrace.

"What's happening?" Audrey stutters.

"You booth need to hide right now." I say while staying against the door that doesn't lock.

Harry guides them both to get under the bed, and they don't ask anymore questions thankfully. They slide under and lay facing us, Audrey a crying mess and Amelia shushing her while surprisingly keeping it together herself. She seems so much more stronger then I ever remember her being, I guess that just means she has seen some shit and something like a gun fight doesn't scare her as much anymore.

Harry and I stand behind the door, our backs against the wall. My door doesn't have a lock, so I couldn't keep him out if he wanted.

We wait silently near the door, hearing footsteps walk closer down the hallway to where we were. I held my gun up to my chest, Harry being weaponless which was a dumbass choice if you ask me. I've never known this kid not to have a fucking gun tucked in the waist of his pants, so why he doesn't have on now just confused me.

The door bursts open as Harry and I remain behind it. A pair of arms holding a gun poke through the entrance way and without a second to spare Harry knocks it out of his hands. The gun flies to the ground and I take the opportunity to grab his arms as he was barely seen in the doorway. I take him and twist his arms back and tackle him to the ground.

He was a man, a man in neither a Salvation or Deception uniform. He looked older, maybe thirties. He had thin amounts of brown hair and scruffier, I've never seen him before in my life.

With his front to the floor, I held his arms behind his back and Harry stepped of his head so the side of his face was pressed to the floor, facing Harry.

"Who the fuck are you!" Harry yelled, keeping his boot pressured to his face.

He doesn't answer, just squirms beneath our holds but fails.

"Answer me!" He screamed louder, the veins on his neck popping.

"Ethan sent me. He says hello." The guys lips turn to a smirk.

His words made me remember that day at the grocery store with Harry and Briar. The guy that tried to take Briar said the exact same thing that this guy did.

"Why are you here!" I shout.

There was a pause, I couldn't even hear anything from Audrey under the bed anymore. The sound of the shooters breathing was the only thing tainting the silent room.

"To make all you bad people.. disappear." He spoke his answer.

The answer was so simple, but it confused me in many way. All the bad people? What kind of answer was that?

It sounds like something a child would say.

I look at Harry who stared at the guy with wide eyes and a quiet face. He looked uncomfortable, nervous even.

"Just kill him." I say to Harry while holding his hands behind his back still.  In response he blinks a few times, looking back down at the guy.

He takes his foot off his head and leans down to grab his head instead, getting ready to snap his neck. He stared at him for a second while hiding his head for far to long. Why wasn't he doing it? Their was so much hesitation in his eyes.

"What're waiting for! Kill him Harry." I repeat for I don't know why.

He looks at the guy, then looks over at Amelia under the bed, still hesitant.

"Harry!" I repeat.

"All the bad people?" He instead says to the man, shocking me at this point.

"For fuck sakes!" I grab my gun with my one hand while holding his wrists with my other. "Cover her eyes Amelia!" I shout in rage, referring to Audrey before I shoot the bullet into the back of the captives skull.

Harry flew his hands back from his head so they wouldn't get shot, killing the man.

Audrey screams from the noise as I hope her eyes were covered like I asked. The man's body fell limp, and Harry just stared at him for a second before at me in anger.

"You could've shot  my hands dick!"Harry stand up straight as do I.

"Well why didn't you kill him yourself! What's your fucking issue! It's not that hard!" I shout back.

"Because we could've asked him more things!" He rebuttals.

"Ask him what? His favourite fuckin' colour? He was trying to kill us Harry! A year ago you wouldn't of even let him let out a breath before shooting him between the eyes!" I yelled in anger.

"More about what he meant! Did you hear what he said?" He shouts.

"Yeah and it was stupid! Don't you understand that this man was the sent by the same man who tried to take Briar! We had to kill him!" I shout.

"No we didn't! He was from Deception and we could've used him as a hostage or something so we could meet with this Ethan!" He shouts while Audrey and Amelia get out from under the bed.

"How do you know he and this Ethan is apart of Deception?"

"Because when I was underground to get something from my apartment, it was owned by an Ethan!"

"Please stop arguing!" Amelia shouted, making us look over and see her holding Audrey who was a shaking mess. She was staring at the dead body, petrified.

We stare at her for a moment and realize she probably has never seen something like this before.

"Let's get her out of her." I say more quietly? Looking at her scared eyes for a moment before back at Harry. "We're talking more about this later." I say more sternly.

//

"I wish all the bad people would just.. disappear sometimes"

Sound familiar?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 4.1K 60
He was all seven of the deadly sins Harry Styles, a father of two twin girls, runs the most dangerous, well-known cartel, respected by many. Feeling...
27.7K 805 85
Started: April 2023, Completed: April 2024 Riley looked forward to college solely for the chance to start fresh. Healing and growing was Riley's only...
769K 21.3K 125
"You should've thought about that before you asked me to be your sugar baby!?" "How am I supposed to break it to you I have kids?!... oh yeah I'm lo...
781 1 45
Book 1 of the Apex Series- 2nd book in progress "Harry, she's not coming home." Eleanor tried and I lost it. "She has to! I'm here! She wouldn't fuc...