Best Of Me [YoonMin]

By xxsnapdragon

~Book Trailer in Author's Note~ "So then, what's the cure?" "There is no cure..only medicine to keep me stabl... More

Author's Note
1: Birthday
2: Diagnosis
3: He's Here
4: Like Father, Like Son?
5: Cold
6: First Impressions
7: Friends?
8: He's Okay I Guess
9: In the Way
10: He left?
11: Too Fast...?
12: Worry
13: Affection
14: Don't Leave Me
15: All He Needs
16: Dinner
17: Falling
18: Crushed
19: Confession
20: Acceptance
21: Official
22: Revelations
23: Min Company
24: Danger
25: Coma
26: Thoughts
27: Planning
28: Brothers
29: News
30: Storm
31: Not So Secret Now
32: New Problems
33: A Disappointment
34: Cheesy
35: Be Okay
36: Angel
37: Time
38: Mission
39: Ruined
40: Cat Out of the Bag
41: Love is a Piece Of Cake, No?
42: Burn
43: Love/Hate
44: Goodbye
45: It Was Only a Kiss
46: Bad Timing
47: Gone
48: Questions
49: Just Hang On
50: Admittance
51: Family
52: Sooyoung
53: Clues
54: Talk
55: Breaking News
56: Rainy Day
57: Coffee
58: Familiar Faces
59: Not Dead
60: Keep a Secret
61: We Meet Again
62: Something Old, Something New
63: Delicate
64: The Truth Untold
65: Terminal
66: If It's Meant to Be...
67: Red
68: Divide
69: Blood
70: Poison
71: Okay Now
72: Looking Up
73: Conference
74: Thank You
75: Where Is Home?
76: Celebrate?
77: Welcome Home!
78: Dream
79: Official
80: Too Good to Be True
81: Final Battle
82: Haru
83: Reality
84: Bonding
86: Abundance
87: Nerves
88: I Do
89: Euphoria
90: The End
Epilogue: Plus and Minus
Message From the Author (Not an update)
Best Of Me OST Out Now!

85: A Funeral

1.4K 65 19
By xxsnapdragon

(3rd Person POV)

The Next Day

Jimin woke up early, dressing himself in his all black attire. He removed his earrings, setting them aside. The only jewelry he left on was the silver ring on his left hand. After running a comb through his hair, Jimin stared at himself in the full length mirror. He adjusted the black tie around his neck, lost in his own thoughts. Being apart from Yoongi had helped Jimin regain that sense independence he had given up so long ago. However, he also felt an empty part in his chest, a little home Yoongi had formed in his heart. 

Haru's soft cries pulled Jimin from his thoughts. He smiled a bit and turned around, heading to the crib beside his bed.

"Is our Haru awake now?" Jimin muttered lovingly, retrieving the infant from the crib, "We gotta get you all dressed."

Jimin decided to dress Haru in the opposite color of what everyone would be wearing. White everything, except for a black blanket Jimin would carry around. As soon as Jimin was done dressing Haru, he placed him back in the crib to prepare his portable oxygen machine and diaper bag, both of which were conveniently combined into a back pack. Although it was relatively heavy, Jimin put it on. He attached the oxygen tube to Haru before picking the infant up.

"All ready, Haru?" Jimin smiled, leaning down to place a kiss on the baby's head. Jimin took another quick scan around the room, ensuring he had everything. However, he caught a glance of himself in the mirror.

Jimin, all dressed in black, holding Haru, all dressed in white. On their way to Kirang's funeral. A sudden wave of guilt washed over Jimin, causing him to tense and choke up.

"You know...if your dad had never met me," Jimin said, his voice cracking as he was on the edge of tears. He looked down at Haru, who just barely opened his eyes at the sound of Jimin's voice, "...Maybe your momma would still be here. I'm sorry, Haru. I promise you and Kirang that you will be raised well..." Jimin sniffled, tilting his head backwards to avoid crying. He took a few deep breathes, shaking his head. There was no sense in wallowing in the past.

The ride to the funeral home was quiet. The mood was somber, as if reality was finally sinking in with everyone. It was a cloudy day, thick gray clouds covering the sky.

"Look at all the media." Jin said as he pulled up into the entrance of the funeral home. Reporters were lining the doorways, camera flashes going off as attendees arrived. Kirang was the rich daughter of a well known business man, it was no doubt her sudden death was a hot topic. Namjoon got out of the car first. Followed by Taehyung, Jungkook, Seokjin, and then Jimin.

Jimin squinted as the cameras flashed around him. He used the blanket he had brought to cover Haru, shielding him from the flashes. He used long strides to get into the funeral hall, sighing in relief once he was inside. The smell of burning incense filled the room, rows of benches lining the hall.

Through the large crowd of people dressed in black, Jimin could see the wooden casket in the front of the hall. It was surrounded by beautiful white flowers, candles, and a large portrait of a smiling Kirang rested at the head of the casket. It was closed, the lid adorned with fresh white roses. Jimin quietly made his way to the front, excusing himself as he squeezed through the crowd.

Jimin stood there quietly, staring blankly at the casket. He moved over to the benches and sat down in the front row. His eyes shifted to Kirang's portrait, to her bright smile and perfect hair. And suddenly, Jimin was crying. He felt the warmth of tears on his cheeks, his chest squeezing painfully. Haru was asleep in his arms.

He wasn't sure how much time went by. People came and went, saying their final goodbyes to Kirang. Jimin didn't know who they were, and they didn't care who he was. Like the plague, they avoided Jimin, the crying mess with the baby.

After his tears had run dry, Jimin stood. He paced around, trying to soothe a fussing Haru.

"What's wrong, Haru? Hmm?" Jimin muttered lowly to the baby, who was crying.

"Haru? Is that what you named my grandson?"

The strange voice coming from behind Jimin startled him. He turned around quickly, clutching Haru closer.

"Why do you look so startled, brat? Don't remember me?" An older man said, staring at Jimin. The man's gaze held the same heartless, cold feeling as Mr. Min's. It made Jimin take a step back. The man followed.

"I'm Mr. Kim, Kirang's father. And this ," Mr. Kim reached out to stroke Haru's head, "Is my grandson. Why do you have him?"

"I...he's.." Jimin's mind was reeling. He instinctively moved Haru away from the older man's reach.

"Give him to me." Mr. Kim snarled lowly, the threat only heard by Jimin.

"What? No...I can't." Jimin frowned, his eyes wide and darting around the room in search of help. But none of his friends were in sight.

"You know...my daughter died because of you." Mr. Kim glared at Jimin, his hand reaching out to grip the blanket surrounding Haru, "And now you're denying me my grandson. I don't think so, bastard."

"Don't you dare lay a finger on them."

Someone's hand reached out to roughly grip Mr. Kim's wrist just as he was going to pull on the blanket. The deep, almost animalistic growl surprised both Jimin and Mr. Kim. They turned to look at the owner of the voice and the hand.

It was Yoongi, his eyes narrowed and angry. Like a lion, ready to attack. Yoongi pushed Mr. Kim's hand away from Jimin before he lightly pushed his lover backwards a few steps, using his own body as a shield for him and his baby.

"He is my son." Yoongi snarled, threating but not loud enough to draw attention, "You abandoned your daughter and your grandson. You have no business here. Leave. Now."

"I'm not going to leave." Mr. Kim crossed his arms, "Not until I take her kid."

"Over my dead body." Yoongi scoffed, "If you're done, then leave."

"It won't be hard to take him, then." Mr. Kim chuckled, "The guilt of killing my daughter will be too much for you."

The loud sound of skin hitting skin echoed through the room, causing everyone to fall silent. Mr. Kim's eyes burned with anger as he held his jaw,  aching with pain from Yoongi's touch. 

"Leave." Yoongi said again, the veins in his neck popping out from the anger, his hands shaking, "Unless you want me to put you in jail or in a coffin for all the bullshit you pulled alongside my damn father.  If not,  leave , and never come back. Haru is my son."

"This won't stay like this. " Mr. Kim pointed a threatening finger at Yoongi as he backed away. The older man turned swiftly and stalked out of the room,  anger radiating from his body.  Yoongi watched him leave before he turned to face Jimin,  his face instantly softening. He cupped Jimin's cheeks.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Yoongi's eyes thoroughly scanned Jimin's body.

"I'm fine. We're fine." Jimin nodded, hugging Haru closer in an effort to stop his shaking hands.

"I promise as long as I'm alive..." Yoongi used his index finger to gently trace the soft curve of Haru's cheek, "...Nothing and no one will harm either of you. Ever again. I will live for you."

Jimin noticed a look he'd never seen before in Yoongi's eyes. As he stared down at his son in Jimin's arms, Yoongi looked...tame. Centered, focused. He looked at peace.

"I love you." Jimin breathed, without even thinking. He just said it, easily and simply.

Yoongi's lips curved into a small smile. He lifted his gaze from Haru to Jimin.

"I love you too." Yoongi leaned forward and pressed a small kiss into Jimin's lips. He didn't care if anyone saw. This was his reality and they would have to accept it.

"And thank you, " Yoongi murmured as he pulled away. He reached down to touch Haru's hand, the infant wrapped his small hand around Yoongi's finger, "For taking care of Haru. For everything, really. Thank you, Park Jimin."

Jimin simply smiled, his heart feeling like it was going to explode with love. Love for Yoongi, love for Haru, love for life and everything that was to come. It was love, pure and solid love.

The burial followed the funeral. However, niether Jimin or Yoongi could bring themselves to attend. The rest of the guys went in place of them.
.
.
.
Later That Night

After a long, calming shower, Jimin stepped out of the bathroom. Dressed in fresh pajamas and towel drying his hair, Jimin walked into his and Yoongi's bedroom. A smile spread across his face as he saw the world's most tender sight. Yoongi was sitting on the bed, carefully feeding Haru a bottle. Yoongi treated Haru like a glass doll.

Jimin took a seat beside him, smiling at Yoongi's concentrated expression. Soon, the baby emptied the bottle.

"Now you gotta burp him. Here, I'll show you." Jimin placed a blanket on Yoongi's shoulder and helped Yoongi adjust Haru on his chest, his tiny head resting on his shoulder.

"Pat his back." Jimin instructed, and Yoongi followed along. After a few pats, they accomplished their goal and Yoongi cradled Haru again.

"Should we try a bath?" Jimin smiled, lightly poking Yoongi's cheek.

"Us? Didn't you already shower?" Yoongi looked over at Jimin curiously.

"No." Jimin giggled, pointing to the baby in Yoongi's arms, "Him. Haru needs a bath."

"Oh. Sure. Let's go." Yoongi nodded, watching as Jimin stood and prepared the things. Fresh clothes, a diaper, a towel, baby wash, lotion. Then, he headed out of the room and into the kitchen.

"Hey, where are you going?" Yoongi stood, adjusting Haru in his arms as he followed Jimin. The various baby items were already set up on the kitchen counter, and Jimin was adjusting the cold and hot water in the kitchen sink.

"What are you doing?" Yoongi questioned.

"Setting up the bath." Jimin smiled, "Haru is too small for the regular bath. This is safer for him and easier for us."

Yoongi was in awe of Jimin and his knowledge.

A few minutes later, they had Haru in a small tub of water. Their sleeves were rolled up, and Jimin was using a soft sponge to wash the infant.

"While I was away, I spent a lot of time reading about his condition and infant care." Yoongi muttered quietly, his eyes glued on Haru and Jimin's careful hands.

"Oh, really?" Jimin asked, smiling.

"Yeah. I learned a lot. I even went to a CPR class and learned basic first aid. I even sat and chatted with a ton of pediatricians. I wanted to be really prepared...but I could never be as good as you." There was a small pout on Yoongi's face. It made Jimin laugh.

"Love," Jimin smiled, lightly elbowing Yoongi, "I'm only somewhat good at this because I've had practice, but I could never replace you or even Kirang. You're his dad. All of this will come naturally come to you. Just give it time."

"Time." Yoongi nodded softly, a small smile on his lips, "Yeah, okay. I have all the time in the world." 

Sometimes, the littlest things take up the most room in your heart.

A/N: hello friends! Double update yas. Only a few chaps to go until the end, hang in there folks. I have a new fanfic ready to go, (crime/mystery/angst) but I need your opinion on something! Which ship should I make it?  Thank you in advance friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 365 10
Alternate endings to "hanahaki | yoonmin" - In which the first book never ended.
26K 2K 60
you once asked why i never felt good enough to love you, this is why All rights reserved ©️2018 immortalitatis- cover by the lovely @hurtcopain
202K 8.7K 31
taehyung, a normal highschool boy with barely any friends, goes onto an online texting app. what could go wrong? |started:112716 / finished:031518|
18K 496 21
Teaser " Sir is the scandal is true?" " Sir did you and the famous song writer Min Yoongi really fuck last night. " " Is the video edited or not?" "...