The Academy - Book III

By emmyles

This is the final installment in the Series! *This book features very mature content! If you don't like your... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Don't Kill Me
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Q & A
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine - Side Chapter
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four Part 1
Chapter Fifty Four Part 2
Chapter Fifty Four - Part 3
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six part One
Chapter Fifty Six Part Two
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Author Note
Word Index and Information
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Help Pick a Cover
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Nine

5.2K 197 39
By emmyles

Chapter Twenty Nine
Ah'Taria - Docking Station

"You know I would have come and gotten all of you.  It would have saved you days on the transport,” smiled Kaelen.  His hazel green eyes danced merrily as he pumped his father's hand before Clarence Ward pulled him in for a big bear hug.

"Son I don't think my stomach could handle your method of travel and the last time Jal Quin laid in bed for days," remarked Clarence with a warm smile.  "Plus it was the perfect chance for Jal Quin and I to find out how Zero and Zahar like attending the academy on Jigu.  The one on Ollyum is a lot different from Jigu."

Kaelen looked over his father's shoulder to see Zero and Zahar strolling toward them enthusiastically talking with Jal Quin.  He took the large silver bag from his father and slung it over his shoulder.  "And how do they like it so far?"

Clarence frowned slightly, "They say that a lot has changed but a lot more has stayed the same." Clarence shook his head as he visibly searched for the right words.  "Listening to them made me proud and want to cringe at the same time.  I can't imagine how you and Mia were able to make it through the academy."  Clarence sighed dejectedly as he picked up a smaller bag, "Never mind technically she didn't make it and neither did you."

Kaelen ignored his father and focused on what he hadn't said. 

"Why?" Kaelen eyes narrowed on a purple and red mark on Zero's neck.   "Zee what's that on your neck?"  Kaelen's irradiated frown turned into a smug tilt of his lips when he watched Zero's brown skin flush red and his hand fly to the mark.

"It's a bruise I got at school in a sparring match," sputtered Zero a little too quickly, his hand still covered the mark as his eyes darted around to make sure that his parents weren't listening.

"Uh huh," laughed Zahar as she bumped Zero playfully.  "That's a love bite from his friend that he's been seeing for the past few months.  Cornelius," she laughed playfully skipping around Zero before she stuck her tongue out and ran toward Kaelen.  

Zahar paused in front of Kaelen and arched her dark brown eyebrow.  "I've missed you big bro!" Not waiting for a reply she stood on tip toes and planted a kiss on his smooth cheek.  "You are even more handsome than the last time I saw you," she giggled before she walked away.

"And you have grown up a lot,” laughed Kaelen his hand darted out and ruffled her dark brown hair.  "New hair cut?"

"It's called the cupid cut," smiled Zahar as she turned to show Kaelen the back of the short spiky bob.  "This was in one of those books that Mom likes to stare at."

"Yeah," chuckled Zero. "The women in those images had a lot of very weird hair styles. At least Zahar chose one that wasn't too controversial."

Kaelen tilted his head to the side and took in Zero.  "So tell me more about your friend."

Zero looked behind him nervously, when he saw his parents were walking toward the exit he shrugged. "Nothing to tell Core and I are nothing, more nothing less, then friends."

"Uh huh," smirked Kaelen.  He and Zero followed behind slowly. "I thought Lex was coming with you guys?"

"He will be coming in a week.  He definitely will be here before the engagement party," smiled Zahar as she wedged herself between Kaelen and Zero.   "His wife and paramour are both at each other’s throats and he's decided was not bringing either with him."

"Oh," frowned Kaelen puzzled. "I thought Elisa and Midas got along fairly well the last time I saw them."

"That was before," sighed Zero as he ran his hands over his low cut hair.  "From what I heard all hades broke out when Elisa announced she was expecting -."

"Yeah," interrupted Zahar gleefully her brown eyes twinkled as she spoke. "Izzy told me Midas is jealous and scared that Lex may terminate the paramour contract now that Elisa is expecting."  Zahar moved closer to Kaelen and whispered, "I'm sure you know that Lex promised Midas that his and Elisa's relationship was a politically match."

"Well the truth is," cut in Zero as they walked toward the exit and taegsi stand.  "Lex was head over heels for Elisa."

Kaelen frowned as he listened to Zahar and Zero talk more about the triangle Lex had gotten himself into.  When they made it to the taegsi stand he sighed in relief when they finally stopped gossiping about his old friend.

"Oh before we get to the house I should let you know that I have guest staying with me," mumbled Kaelen as he sat across from Jal Quin and Clarence.

"Oh," Jal Quin forced a smile, her hand reached across the distance and she gently patted Kaelen's hand. "Have you moved Ruby in as well?"

"Ruby will not move until after the wedding."  Kaelen kept his expression blank when he saw the disappointment in Jal Quin's eyes.  "Did you whisk me to have her move in?"

"No," replied Jal Quin anxiously. "I'd prefer if you'd have married someone that was less scheming," mumbled Jal Quin her head rested on Clarence's tense shoulder and she closed her eyes.  "That woman has no place in our family."

Kaelen watched as his family all seemed to withdraw into themselves after Ruby's name was mentioned.  He blinked slowly in an attempt not to invade the private thoughts of their minds.   "Dad, yours and Jal Quin's room is unoccupied but Anthony and Sebastian are in Zero and Zahra’s old rooms.  Kevin is in the attic so I had arranged for you two to stay in the rooms next to mine."

"The paramour suites," scoffed Zero his lips turning down as his eyes swung back to meet Kaelen's hazel ones. "Why didn't you just open up two more rooms?  That house is huge!"

"The house had one servant her name is Bethany," replied Kaelen as if that answered Zero's question.

"Can't I at least share a room with one of the guys or with you," moped Zero.

Kaelen frowned at the mark on Zero's neck and shook his head. "No you'll share a room with Zahar."  He didn't wait for a response and continued, "There's also Xara -."

"We're here," exclaimed Zahar eagerly as she happily exited the sleek transport.

At the Same Time
Ward Residence, Silver Lights District

Xara sat quietly in the window seat, her eyes glued to the small spare device Anthony had let her borrow from his room earlier.  Thought not as big as hers she could still read the stories that Ebony and Kayla had both suggested.

So engrossed in the witches tail that Kayla had suggested, Chimney Sweep Michelle, she didn't notice the door knob being turned or the door opening.  Xara jumped slightly when she heard someone clear their throat followed by a loud thump.  Her eyes swung to the door and she frowned at the small, thin woman that stood there staring at her with questioning and disgruntled eyes.

Xara ignored the unspoken question, her eyes narrowed on the items in the woman's arms.  She hurried from her seat, walk over and snatched at the lavender and yellow flowered sundress that laid on top of the pile the woman held, "What are you doing?"

The blonde haired woman shook her head as she stepped away from Xara.  "Lord Anthony told me that Master Kaelen wished for me to move the clothes from the paramour suites into his."  The blonde's blue eyes raked over Xara before she attempted to step around her.

"What?  Why," asked Xara anxiously her hands reaching out for her clothes.

"I'm not sure," frowned the woman as she looked Xara up and down.  Thoughtfully she continued, "I apologize I wasn't informed that there was another servant in the house."

"I'm not a servant," whispered Xara before lifting her chin. "I'm a guest like Anthony and my cousin Sebastian!  And those are my clothes -."

"Oh," frowned the woman her light blue eyes looked Xara up and down before she smirked knowingly.  "I thought these belonged to his fiancé but there are a few rumors circulating that Master Kaelen has a person that sees to his needs aside from Lady Ruby."  The woman paused and arched an eyebrow, "Being that I've heard from a reliable source that he doesn't believe in co-habituation or kissing before marriage I assumed -." 

Xara waved away the idle gossip and pointed at her dresses, "My relationship with Kaelen is none of your concern.  But why do you have my clothes and why would he wish to have them moved here?"

"You should speak to the master of the house about that," responded Bethany with a shrug as she walk to the large closet.  Several minutes later she walked out her gaze on the stunned Xara, "Since you are a guest here I'm sure you know that his parents and younger siblings are coming to stay for the ceremony."  At Xara's bewildered look she sighed, "I have a few more trips.  Why don't you assist me and we can get to know each other better since technically we are both servants."

"I am not a serv-," began Xara only to stop when Bethany continued to speak.

"So that one rumor about Master Kaelen is true.  I've been here for 3 days and hadn't seen you so assumed that Nia was mistaken about a woman being here," stated Bethany looping her arm with Xara.  "I haven't seen Master Kaelen yet but from what Lord Anthony stated he's not someone I should take lightly.”

Xara frowned and tried to pull her arm away from the other woman.  "Kaelen has mentioned once or twice that he sees me as such but I -."

"Uh huh," nodded Bethany as she dragged Xara out of the room and through the door to the other room.  "I know you haven't signed the contract but Nia said that her mistress, Lady Ruby Hand in case you didn't know, has already confirmed it as so.  Between you and me I can't see why Kaelen would need a paramour when he has Ruby.  She is very well trained in the arts of seduction and sex."  Bethany shrugged away her own question, "He isn't from Ah'Taria so he probably doesn't understand how good he has it with her yet."

Xara remained quiet while she listened to the woman talk endlessly about Ah'Tarians views on relationships and sex.  Bethany spoke slow and low to Xara as she walked back into the closet and pulled out more clothes. While Xara stood there flabbergasted she learned that Anthony and Sebastian had hired Bethany.  That Bethany had once worked at the Hand's residence before she'd left to marry. She returned after her husband was promoted but the Hands weren't hiring and so she went to an agency and was placed at the Ward Residence.

"I couldn't believe my luck when I was told I was going to be placed at the third seats residence," gushed Bethany as she placed more clothes in Xara's hands.  "The rooms on the lower level are splendid!  I've asked Lord Anthony is my husband and I can move into one of the servant apartments down there."

"Are they," responded Xara overwhelmed by Bethany’s upbeat personality.

"In the days I've worked here I can't believe I haven't met you," continued Bethany happily.  She moved clothes from Xara's lax arms and started to hang them on the empty side of the closet.  "You have to be the most favored paramour in the galaxy!  You will be sharing a room with his lordship until he is married."

"Call me Xara, please.  I am not Kaelen's paramour and I'm sure this is a mist -."

"Not yet," laughed Bethany as she walked back out the closet and joined arms with Xara so they could go retrieve more.  She walked back into Xara's old almost empty closet with a skip, “You have a lot of clothes!  But I've yet to see a paramour that didn't dress well.  Mr. Hand's paramour dressed in the finest silks and satin and had so many jewels."  Bethany paused and giggled, "Oh by the way my name is Bethany.  Bethany Sumter."

Xara nodded before she followed behind Bethany finding herself unable not to smile at the enthusiastic woman.  She nodded, smiled and laughed as Bethany took out more of her clothes.  With the last trip Xara watched as Bethany filled up several empty drawers.  After Bethany had neatly folded all the items, Bethany turned and frowned.  "I am curious though.  Even though it's only next door wouldn't it have been simpler to open a new room?"

"I don't know," sighed Xara.  She stared down sadly at her underwear folded neatly next to Kaelen's.  "I think Anthony may have misheard Kaelen and had meant for you to open and air out one of the other bedrooms for his siblings.

"Maybe so," smiled Bethany, " and if that is his wish I'll definitely do it immediately and put your stuff back in the paramour suites."

"I'm sure it's a misunderstanding," whispered Xara.  She walked back into the main area of the bedroom with Bethany on her heels only to stop when she saw Kaelen standing by the window seat in his hand the device she'd earlier been reading from.  "Kaelen," asked Xara tentatively.  "You are back earlier than expected."

Bethany appeared next to Xara her eyes wide as she got a firsthand look at Kaelen Matthew Ward.  "My Lord," nodded Bethany with a smile. "I have completed your request."

Cold hazel eyes lifted from the handheld to gazed at Xara before they shifted to Bethany’s. In a matter of seconds they thawed and a warm smile lit his face.  "Thank you.  I appreciate your diligence."

Bethany beamed under Kaelen's praise.  Her eyes took in his handsome face, athletic body and her smile grew.  She leaned toward Xara and whsipered,  "I'm so jealous of you and Ruby." She smiled wider as her gaze met Kaelen's "Is there anything else I can assist you with, my lord?"

"Not right now," smiled Kaelen.  He placed his hands and his pockets before his eyes moved to a silent and watchful Xara.  He hands flexed in his pockets before he gave Bethany another smile, “I wish to speak to Xara alone for now."

Bethany nodded, she turned to stare at Xara, "We should talk again soon."  A worried frown knitted her eyebrows when she felt Xara tense up slightly before Xara tried to smile and nod. "Um, Master Kaelen, Xara stated she would show me -."

"She will do that once I'm done -," Kaelen paused as he seemed to search for the right words.  In a chilling voice he continued, "As soon as I'm done with her."

Bethany nodded slowly before she walked toward the door.  "Master Kael-"  Bethany turned around and gaped when she saw Kaelen roughly grab Xara by the hair at the nape of her neck, pull her head back and slam his mouth onto hers.  "Oh gods on high," exclaimed Bethany softly.  She hurried to exit the room before he noticed she'd not left yet.

Bethany stared at the door she'd closed behind her and mumbled "Nia swore that Lady Ruby said it was against Nah'Byian beliefs to kiss before marriage."  A small smile lit her face, "I have to tell Nia this," she giggled as she walked toward the stairs.  "I knew not being Ah'Tarian he wouldn't appreciate how much Lady Ruby got around."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

381K 12K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
1.4M 15.5K 12
warning :- Mature content. Grace stepped back in fear when he stepped ahead. "Do it again and I will break your legs..." He warned. Her eyes filled...
408K 6.5K 42
Originally "My girl." NOT EDITED⚠️ "You love hugs Don't you?" "Only yours." - "You know, if you wanted a kiss you could've just asked, princess."...
869K 34.1K 66
Warning: DARK ROMANCE Story contains detailed mature scenes possessing dubious consent not recommended for age group below 18 years old. YOU HAVE BEE...