Falling For Mischief - Book O...

By LadyHiddlesLoki

"You will be the death of me Lani." I smile and as he leans in to kiss me again, i turn my head so he kisses... More

1 - Birthday Girl
2 - London
3 - How Could You?
4 - Brothers and Sisters
5 - Young Love
6 - The 'Date'
7 - Dating the Famous
8 - Baby News and Back to Australia
9 - Surprise!
10 - Melbourne
11 - Making It Through the Week Part 1: Tuesday
12 - Making It Through the Week Part 2: Wednesday
14 - Tragedy
15 - Tom Hiddleston.... My Boyfriend?
16 - Rocky Road of Recovery
17 - Back to Britain
18 - Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow
19 - Hollywood Blunders
20 - Bringing The Past To The Present
21 - Act of Stupidity
22 - Trying To Fix.....
23 - ..... What Can't Be Fixed
24 - Monty's Mistake
25 - High School Memoirs
26 - Reminiscing About The Past
27 - Lani's Painful Past
28 - Good Morning
29 - The Truth And Falling For Mischief
30 - A Chance At A New Start
31 - Toronto
32 - Horns That Hold The Halo
33 - Something Unexpected
34 - Telling The Family
35 - Back Home
36 - Disney Diaries Part 1: Lion King 1, 1 1/2 and 2
37 - Disney Diaries Part 2: Tangled, Beauty and The Beast and Bolt
38 - Disney Diaries Part 3: Hercules, Princess and The Frog and Aladdin
39 - Disney Diaries Part 4: The Little Mermaid, Tarzan and Mulan
40 - Disney Diaries Part 5: Frozen, Ratatoullie and Home on the Range
41 - Together Again
42 - Flesh Wounds
43 - Brendon's Advice
44 - Lazy Day
45 - Overprotective Streak
46 - Too Soon
47 - Forever and Always
48 - Finale
BONUS CHAPTER - Hit And Run
BONUS CHAPTER - Double Trouble
Authors Note/Next Book Notice
20 Facts About Myself
NEWS!
Original Posted
One Shots Ideas

13 - Making It Through the Week Part 3: Thursday

558 20 5
By LadyHiddlesLoki

Lani's P.O.V.

Thursday 16th February

This morning I was woken up by Isabelle. Not exactly the wake up call I was expecting when her and Ashton decided to jump on me. I got up and chased them downstairs into the kitchen and made them some pancakes for breakfast.

Tom got up not too long after me, but he looked buggered. I helped Sammy get the kids ready for school and after searching for a hairbrush for 20 minutes, it was found and i braided Isabelle's hair. 

The day was actually calm today at school. No fights, no nothing. It got a bit quiet at one stage so i turned the radio on, then started our own mini singing competition. I had 3 other teachers come and tell me to keep my class under control but once they left we got straight back into it until lunchtime. So much for getting work done.

I got another text from my mum asking what time me and my mystery guest were going to be there. The way i see it, i'll get home from work, get into some more comfortable clothes, grab Tom's hand and then head out the door again. So i just told her we'll get there when we get there. 

Tom bought me lunch! How he knows what i liked is beyond me. He bought Subway for both of us and we sat outside watching the kids during recess. I noticed a few of the girls from the older years looking at Tom every now and then. I couldn't help but cover my mouth to stop myself from giggling. I think they knew who he was.

The rest of the day we actually got the work we were supposed to done and dusted for the day. Once that was done we turned the radio on again and just sang till our little hearts were content. Probably one of the best days of teaching i've ever had.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about my parents and other brothers meeting Tom. I'm a bit skeptical. Although they reacted to Monty when i told them about him.... I guess I'll have to wait and see. Hopefully it goes well.

Yours, Lani

Third Person P.O.V.

She entered the house after getting back from work and busied herself to get into some more comfortable clothes. 

 "Tom!" She walks out of the room, just finishing a braid that she put into her hair.

"Yeah?" He walked out of his room in a pair of blue jeans and white shirt.

"You ready?"

"I guess so. Anything i should know before i meet them?"

"Not really. You'll be fine." They walk out of the house, locking it and getting into Lani's car.

After about 20 minutes, they pulled up in front of the house and she turned the car off before getting out. "Well welcome home. I guess that's what can be said." She walks upto the front door and knocks with Tom standing behind her.

"Hang on a minute!" A voice shouted from the other side of the door. Lani recognized it as Luke. 

"Take your time." She answered. There was a clatter of something hitting the floor. She rolled her eyes and the door opened a crack to reveal a partial face that belonged to her brother Luke.

"Lani?"

"Are you going to let me in or not?" The door opens wider to reveal Luke standing in board shorts and a grey sleeveless shirt. 

"Who's at the door Luke?" A feminine voice calls from the kitchen.

"Its Lani." Lukes eyes move from Lani to Tom and his eyes go wide. "And Tom." A woman walks out from the kitchen wiping her hands on a towel.

"Lani!"

"Hey mum." She hugs her mum and giggles. "I want you to meet someone." She walks back towards Tom. "This is Tom Hiddleston. My boyfriend." 

Her mum looked over Tom and smiled. "You must be that British lad who acted alongside Chris. It's nice to meet you, names Leonie. Come on inside. Liam will be here soon, I sent him out to get a few things."

Lani takes Tom's hand and they walk inside. "Do you want a drink?"

"Sure, i'll take whatever you have." Lani lets go of his hand and moves into the kitchen and grabs a glass and pours some juice into it. She walks back out and gives it to Tom.

While Tom is sitting and talking with Luke, Lani helps her mum in the kitchen. "He seems nice." Lani looks at her mum.

"He is. Chris says hi as well. He had to stay over in England." She grabs her phone out of her pocket when she hears it ring.

"Hello?"

"Lani! Are you at home yet?" The voice of Chris was on the other end.

"Yeah i am. I'm in the kitchen with mum. Can I tell them about you and Elsa's news?"

"Sure. Make sure to say hi to everyone for me."

"I will. Love ya."

"Love you too." Chis hangs up and she disconnects the call.

"What's this news about Chris and Elsa?" 

"Well-" She lets out a squeal as she feels fingers jab her side.

"Good to know your still easy to sneak up on isn't it Lani." She turns and faces a smiling Liam.

"Liam! It has been forever!" She hugs him tightly. He chuckles and hugs her back.

"I got those things for you mum. I put them outside with dad by the barbeque."

"Thanks Liam."

"I knew there was one person i was forgetting." Lani lets go of Liam and hears him laugh as she runs out to the backyard. "Dad!" Her dad turns around quickly and smiles when she calls out.

"Hey!" She runs to him and hugs him too. He spins her around a few times. "How's my girl?" He places her back on her own feet.

"I'm great. Come inside for a minute. There's someone I want you to meet." He raises an eyebrow at her but follows her inside nonetheless. "Tom!" He turns his head in her direction as she calls his name. He puts the glass down and gets up off the couch and walks over. "Dad. This is Tom Hiddleston. My boyfriend."

"Ah, you must be the one that acted alongside young Chris."

"That's me. Its nice to meet you." He holds his hand out and Lani's dad shakes his hand.

"Names Craig. Its nice to know Lani has found someone to settle down with. Now if you'll excuse me I have a barbie to light. Luke! Liam! Will you two grow up." He tells off Luke and Liam who are arguing like two year olds and then walks back outside to get the barbeque started.

"So I guess that's my family. The only family I've known." Tom pulls her into a hug and she hugs him back tightly as well. 

"Hey Lani!" She moves her head from Tom's chest and looks over to her brothers. "There is a surprise waiting upstairs. Come on." Luke holds out his hand for her to take. She looks at Tom and he nods his head. She moves out of Tom's embrace and grabs Luke hand.

Once they are upstairs they come to a stop in front of her bedroom door. "What is so special about my bedroom?"

"Just open the door. You'll find out." Liam says as Tom walks up behind them. She hesitates for a few moments and then places her hand on the doorknob, turning it slowly. 

"Why are the blinds closed? Guys did you shut my blinds? You know how much that annoys me." She walks into the room and over to the window, opening the blinds and flooding the room with light.

She turns and stops dead in her tracks. "Chris?"

 "Hey Lani." Chris replied with a smile. She stands there gobsmacked. Her mum and dad had walked up and were standing beside Luke, Liam and Tom. Chris was leaning against the doorframe.

"What are you doing here? You were in London."

"I flew over last night. This wasn't my idea though. It was mum and dad's."

"But why?"

"Well this was an idea to get the family together to celebrate. It's a late celebration I know." Leonie explained.

Lani stood there slightly confused. "Celebrate what?"

"Your birthday silly." Liam spoke up. "Granted we are a few days late but this is to make up for missing it."

She looked at everyone standing in front of her and smiled. She walked upto her parents giving each of them a hug, moving onto her brothers and then to Tom. She stayed in Tom's embrace the longest and pulled him into a kiss. She didn't care that her brothers or parents were standing there. All she could see was Tom.

She pulled back and looked at everyone again. "Thank you. So much. This is by far the best birthday i think i've ever had."

The rest of the night went without a problem. They all sat and ate what came off the barbeque and laughed as they celebrated. Lani keep sneaking glances in Tom's direction. He seemed to be the only one to notice because he would smirk slightly whenever he caught her out.

------ LATER THAT NIGHT -------

"Well, we better get going, mum. It was great seeing everyone again. And thank you for the best birthday celebration ever." She walks around giving her parents hugs and then each of her brothers.

"Drive safely hun." Her mum said as she waved from the door of the house.

"I will. Bye." She gives them a wave and drives off.

"Well they were nice people. Your other brothers are definitely interesting." Tom spoke from the passenger side. 

"They are. But really, they can be idiots sometimes, like most brothers. They have their good and bad days. Both I've had the chance to see. You do not want to see either of them on a bad day."

"I'll make sure to stay on their good sides then." he chuckles slightly and goes back to watching outside the window.

She smiles and turns a corner not far from Sammy's house. Suddenly Lani slams on the brakes as another car comes flying towards them. Her eyes go wide and everything happens in slow motion. 

A loud crash sounds as car hits car. Lani hits her head on the steering wheel, knocking herself out and creating a cut across her forehead. Tom is luckier and manages to keep from hitting his head on the dash and groans before looking over to the driver side where Lani is hunched over the wheel with blood running down the side of her face.

"Lani!" He doesn't move her for fear of making it worse but goes through her bag to get her phone. He steps out of the car with some difficulty as pain shoots up his right leg whenever he puts pressure on his ankle. He leans against the car and dials a number.

"State your emergency."

"There's been an accident, someone's hurt. Please, we need an ambulance."

"Where are situated?"

Tom had no idea. he knew they weren't far from Sammy's house. "Umm, we are on High Street, Northcote?"

"You don't sound sure of that."

"I'm not from here. I have only been to Melbourne once before. I'm pretty sure that is where we are."

"Ok, we are sending out a team to your location." The line goes dead as he hangs up on them. He leans against the car more as he can't walk or put pressure on his foot. He looks at the phone and looks through her contacts until he gets to Chris's number. He lingers for a moment before pressing the call button.

"Lani?" Chris answers after 2 rings

"Chris. It's Tom."

"Tom? Why are you using Lani's phone?"

"We were driving home, we are in Northcote. At least i think we are. Sammy lives in Northcote yes?"

"Yeah, Tom what happened?"

"There's been an accident. Chris, its Lani....."

A/N: Ok you will no doubt hate me after that. No she doesn't die. That would bring the story to an end way to quickly. Please don't hate me! Tell me what you think

~Z

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 623 30
ENEMIES TO LOVERS SLOW BURN - LOKI X READER MCU/HP AU - COMPLETED This story is set in an alternate version of the Harry Potter universe where Tom Ri...
8.2K 186 43
"You look like, you just got hit by a semi truck, fell into a rocky river, and were drug through the mud by a fluffy white unicorn!" He said, gesturi...
3K 158 14
Hazel has been a fan of Tom Hiddleston since she first saw him in theaters during the first Thor film. Ever since she followed him on his socials and...
49.7K 2.1K 77
LokixFem!ReaderxBucky IMPORTANT: A little message to those who may not have read the full description: You end up with one of them, not both. This is...