Never Gonna Happen (ON PAUSE)

By mbffhhc67

Winter is a sarcastic but socially awkward girl just attempting to get through high school without endless dr... More

Introduction
Chapter 1- Recap
Chapter 2- Near Death Experience (Exaggeration)
Chapter 3- Grumpy
Chapter 4- Movie Night
Chapter 5- Two truths and a LIE
Chapter 6- MAD
Chapter 7- Eventful Start
Chapter 8- Lasagna
Chapter 9- Moron
Chapter 10- Frenemies
Chapter 11- Party
Chapter 12- Downhill
Chapter 13- Tension
Chapter 14- Knot
Chapter 15- Rain Drops
Chapter 16- Algebra
Chapter 17- Bonding
Chapter 18- Another Side To The Story
Chapter 19- Detective Skills
Chapter 20- "Project W"
Chapter 21- Paintballing
Chapter 22- Win OR Lose
Chapter 23- Indenial
Chapter 24- Guilty
Chapter 25- Thoughts
Chapter 27- Fight
Chapter 28- Jay & Tyler
Chapter 29- The Monroe's
Chapter 30- Cameron
Chapter 31- D R A M A

Chapter 26- Soccer

62 10 3
By mbffhhc67

It's 4pm now and I find myself being dragged down the football field by Jacob.

"Winter you're gonna make me late to my own soccer game. You're coming with us. I won't take no for an answer. Screw the fact you're mad at them but you can come and support me". I huffed scowling at Jacob as he continued to pull me towards the bleachers where people had began to seating themselves waiting for the game to start.

They still had 30 minutes left until the game started but people at Solano high took these soccer games seriously.

God knows why cause I know I didn't.

Jacob and I have never really been close but now that I got to know him I knew one thing.

He was persistent. Very, persistent.

and hot.

God help you Winter.

"Since when did you want me to support you Jacob? I wouldn't be surprised if it was Carter or Jay even though I'm not speaking to him but why are you being so adamant about me watching you guys?"

"Well first of all, I kind of think that the boys attacking you that day was a douche move and let's just say we're bonding through the soccer game".

This makes me laugh half heartedly and I shake my head.

"How does one bond by watching a soccer game?"

He halts turning around and looks at me puzzled.

"Well", I can tell he's struggling to answer the question which only makes me laugh harder.

"Well because you're supporting me so that means we're bonding and when you support me I'll do better", he finally says and well..

"I guess I'm sold. Do you want me to be your personal cheerleader? Shall I get the Pom poms out?"

Jacob cackles his shoulder shaking in the process.

"GOOOO JACOB", I say sarcastically but enthusiastically raise my arms in the air and jump up and down giggling.

"Oh please do it again so I can record it this time".

"Nah you only get to see it once", I flash him a smug grin and he laughs.

"Well. Thank you for that little show I'll be sure to get a goal in just for you", he winks before waving goodbye to go get changed and leaves me standing alone but in a much better mood than I was before.

I turn around to see Coco waving at me and I wave back but the smile on my face is wiped off when I see Jessica standing next to her with her arms cross.

Jessica wears a blue cheerleading outfit that shows off her toned stomach and long legs whilst her hazel orbs scowl directly at me. My little show to entertain Jacob by mocking cheerleaders must have ticked her off but I avert my gaze towards Vanessa whose using a hand gesture calling me over.

Nessie. Our nickname for Vanessa which I found adorably cute.

I didn't really want to be around Jessica but seeming as I was cool with the twins I walked my way towards them.

"Hey girl. How've you been?" Nessie gives me a tight hug before pulling apart and studying my face in concern.

"I'm great don't worry", I give her a reassuring smile before looking at Jessica whose is still sending daggers my way.

"Have you got something to say?" I raise an eyebrow in question.

"Not to traitors I don't", she spits out.

"Come on Jessica we talked about this be nice", Nessie sighs.

"No. If she's made my boyfriend mad that means I'm mad. No in-betweens", oh how pathetically romantic.

"Stop acting like a child", Coco scolds Jessica but she shakes her head.

"As I said before, you're a traitor".

"Jessica, you seriously need to say less things", Coco insults her but Jessica ignores her flashing me a very pleased smile because she knows that  her comments have annoyed me.

Actually her existence annoyed me right now so I speak my mind.

I was doing a lot of that these days.

"Maybe you think that because you have Jay wrapped around that little finger of yours that he will protect you from me but you're wrong I won't hesitate to slap the shit out of you. Traitor? I mean come on you're the school bully, you always have been and you always will be and I can see straight past the bullshit you hypocritical bitch. So think again, the next time you open your mouth to speak to me".

Her pale skin flushes a deep red and she steps towards me angrily. Her hazel orbs darken as she looks at me.

"I took Jay from you. You've lost Tyler and I won't hesitate to turn the rest against you", she speaks in a hushed tone so only I can hear her threat and I give her a placid smile before she whips her hair dramatically which attacks my face and walks off to the group of cheerleaders.

Did this bitch just?

"What the hell just happened?" Coco furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"World war 3 apparently", Nessie replies and I look at the two of them. I mentally calm my self even though I'm raging inside.

"Not today. Today, we support the guys. Even, though I'm not speaking to four of them".

"Four?" Coco asks in confusion.

"Tyler, Jay, Chase and Mateo", I state.

"What did Mateo do? He never even spoke" Nessie defends quickly and I sigh resisting the urge to roll my eyes.

"Well he didn't have to necessarily open his mouth to speak. He just nodded in agreement with Chase which very much pissed me off".

"Oh come on Winter. Get over it. You're mad at him for nodding?" Nessie rolls her eyes at me.

"I'll get over it when each and everyone one of them apologise for being assholes. Why is it that you're so quick to defend him anyway Nessie?" I wasn't mad at her for defending him I was more so amused. I grin cheekily at her knowing I had won this little argument.

Young love, right?

She blushes before shrugging her shoulders in defeat.

Coco curiously looks at her sister.

"Am I missing something?" She asks.

"Just the game which is about to start", I change the topic before we seat ourselves at the front and watch the guys walk out.

My eyes train on one guy and one guy only and that's number 26. The teams quarterback who strides confidently towards the middle of the field earning him lots of whistles and girls screaming how much they loved him.

Yes girls, just boost the guys ego even more why don't you.

He combs his hand through his jet black hair before turning around and scanning the bleachers like he was searching for someone. His eyes flicker through the crowd until they reach my gaze.

Tyler's presence scorches me. He was a living proof that god still existed the way he was created so perfectly and so carefully. His intense gaze makes me nervous and I shift uncomfortably.

Then he flashes me a smile and I hadn't realised I had been holding my breath this whole time.

Even his smile was perfect.

I mentally sigh at myself.

An eager looking girl which I then realise is Daisy Roman runs towards him in her way to short idea of a cheerleader skirt basically attacking him before she pulls him into a long kiss.

And yet still, he's looking directly at me. Even when he's kissing her he looks at me.

Like he wants this to hurt me.

... and it did hurt me. A lot.

Like he wants me to feel the hatred he feels towards me.

... like a very hard slap to my face.

Like he was taunting me.

... and he was succeeding.

He pulls away from her and I could tell he had a satisfied smug look on his face.

I look away clenching my jaw in frustration.

Then I see the Barren high boys walking out towards the field and I find myself searching for Trevor.

When I catch his eyes, I grin blowing him a kiss.

The cheese.

Trevor chuckles in amusement and catches the kiss.

I know, I know gag.

I know Tyler saw the sweet little exchange me and Trevor just had because the smugness has been wiped off that handsome face of his.

Good.

Two could play this game.

Jacob ^^

Trevor ^^

Tyler ^^

(Me waiting and ready for the drama about to come in the next following chapters)

LOL😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1M 88.3K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
96.1K 3.6K 38
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
63.8K 2.8K 48
Book One of the Adler series ** St. Sinclair, the illustrious academy honoured nationwide as a catalyst for the intellectually gifted youth. Though i...
239K 7K 51
we young & turnt ho.