ยน๐’๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ž โ”€ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๏ฟฝ...

By stydiqs

๐—” ๐—ด๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—น๐—น ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ. ๐Ž๐‘ โคต... More

๐’๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ž
๐Ÿฌ. ๐—ฎ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐˜€ & ๐˜€๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ๐˜€
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ. ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜†
๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฆ๐›๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐’๐ž๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ. ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ. ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—น๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ต ๐—น๐—ถ๐˜๐˜๐—น๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฏ. ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜€๐—น๐˜‚๐—ด๐˜€
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฐ. ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฝ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ ๐—บ๐˜†๐—ฟ๐˜๐—น๐—ฒ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฑ. ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ฎ ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฒ. ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿณ. ๐—ฑ๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ฐ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฏ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿด. ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜๐—บ๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜๐˜€
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿต. ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐˜† ๐˜ƒ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜†
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฌ. ๐˜€๐˜๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿญ. ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ผ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ธ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ถ๐˜
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฎ. ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—น๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฏ. ๐—ฎ ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ณ
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฐ. ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—น๐—ฒ
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฑ. ๐—ฎ ๐—ท๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ด๐—ต ๐—ถ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—น๐˜†
OBSERVANT
POA โ†ด
DEMENTORS
HIPPOGRIFFS
RIDDIKULUS
HOGSMEADE
WEREWOlVES
BUTTERBEER
HOLIDAY
PATRONUM
STRUT
COCKROACH
EXAMS
BLACK
MARAUDERS
SCABBERS
EXONERATED
TIME-TURNER
RESIGNATION

FIREBOLT

2.6K 136 210
By stydiqs

*~*

"How on earth have you ever been able to read your notes? Padma, I'm unable to make out what the word might say," said Tilly exasperated, shaking her head at her friend. "If you can't read your notes how do you expect to use them when doing your assigned homework? Can the Professors even read what you turn into them?"

"I just get into such a hurry that I—"

Padma stopped speaking while in the midst of an excuse and a look of horror come across her face. She looked to Tilly with wide and pleading eyes.

"Is this it?" asked Tilly, speaking slowly to Padma. "Have you gone and lost your mind?"

"Don't you hear it?" Padma whispered, and before Tilly could open her mouth to speak loud hollers and stomping was able to be heard coming for the Ravenclaw Common Room.

"They're early," said Tilly, checking the small watch on her wrist. She had timed her meeting with Padma in the Common Room, just so they'd have it to themselves and wouldn't be rudely interrupted. "Why on Earth would they be early?"

Tilly let out a loud groan of annoyance from the couch that she and Padma occupied, when the Ravenclaw Quidditch team, loudly and rudely came strutting through the doors like a rooster when they've spotted a hen. For much longer than Tilly would like, they had been whooping and hollering about the entire castle to prepare for the big game scheduled with Gryffindor. Matilda must admit that she was glad that she didn't have to put up with Harry going around acting as those in her own house. She seemed to think of this type of act as barbaric and cowardly.

Quickly before he had the chance to disappear with a group of his friends, Tilly stood from the couch and caught the attention of a boy she usually tries to avoid.

"Asher Morgenstern!"

Her long-time admirer quickly took notice of the voice calling his name and he quickly turned to face her. When he walked up to her their height difference was immediately noticeable. His six-foot-something frame made her five-foot frame seem much smaller than usual. He towered over the small girl and yet she showed no signs of intimidation when standing directly across from the towering Quidditch player.

"Would you be so kind as to tell me what the whole deal is here?" Tilly leaned over to glance behind Asher and at his team.

Following her gaze, Asher looked over his shoulder at his teammates that had begun to slowly disperse throughout the room and forming into even smaller groups. He turned back to face Tilly who had her eyebrows raised curiously at him and nodded.

"It's nothing important, honestly," said Asher, trying to look calm and collected while he spoke to Tilly. "It's just us preparing for the game tomorrow."

His answer didn't satisfy Matilda. It didn't tell her why they had to resort into acting like cavemen every single day. It didn't tell her why they would feel the need to yell at the top of their lungs in the Great Hall for every meal, while walking the halls of the castle, before every Quidditch practice, after Quidditch practice, and any other time Quidditch was mentioned or slightly hinted at.

"I just assumed that our team would already be prepared for the upcoming match with Gryffindor tomorrow," said Tilly with the shrug of her shoulders and long, drawn out sigh. "If you've already resorted into caveman-like behavior, it seems as though Roger Davies and the team are exhibiting symptoms of a Napoleon Complex."

Just as Asher opened his mouth, he closed it again. He wanted to have time to think of his response. It was obvious the Morgenstern boy admired Matilda, and even though the other students in Hogwarts were just now becoming aware of how talented and smart she is, he's always known—it didn't take her teaming up with Harry Potter and his friends for him to realize how strong she was. So, after vying for her attention quite often he wanted to make sure he used his time wisely when he managed to get it. Asher wanted to give an answer that Matilda would carry with her even after their conversation had ended. Something that would make her remember his intellect.

"The team is very much so prepared. Us jumping around doesn't contribute to our ability to play, but it helps to boost the confidence of the players and the team as a whole," said Asher nervously, reaching back to scratch behind his neck. A type of nervous tick that Tilly has noticed he uses often. "Doing that can also intimidate the opponent—make them believe we're more prepared than they are because we're exuding confidence..."

"I'm sure you've given yourself a pep talk before a big exam and felt the need to make the other students feel as though you're more prepared."

Tilly thought about what Asher said for a moment but couldn't recall a time when she felt it necessary to give herself a pep talk before an exam.

"No, I've never given myself a pep talk, I already know I'm going to do the best on any exam I take, and I don't feel the need to convince myself I'm confident because I know I'm confident," Tilly told him truthfully. No one is more confident in her abilities than herself, Matilda Winters is her own biggest fan. "I've also never felt the need to prove to the other students that I'm more prepared for the exam because they already know. I certainly don't need to parade about the campus only to try and make others believe something about me."

Matilda had rendered Asher Morgenstern speechless. This wasn't something new though, often whenever he was near Tilly, he would tend to forget how to talk—just ask his twin brother Bentley Morgenstern. As he thought about her words, he began to wonder if he or anyone else on the team were truly confident or just trying to appear that way.

"You should try being confident in yourself instead of relying on others to perceive you that way, Morgenstern," Tilly told him, a small smile playing at her lips. "Besides, I don't think the Gryffindor team is buying the charade—I mean I haven't seen them parading about like barbarians."

A loud and easy to place cackle sounded from across the common room, and Tilly instantly paired the laugh to Bentley Morgenstern, who sat on the window seat on the far end of the room. He had been reading a book he randomly picked off a shelf and listening to his twin's awful attempt at talking Quidditch with Matilda. A sport in which she is notoriously known for disliking.

Asher glared over at his darker-haired brother as he continued, chuckling softly while shaking his head. Not once did he bother looking away from the book in his hands.

"Take my advice Morgenstern, it may just prove to do you well in the match tomorrow," said Tilly after Asher had finally brought his attention back to her and wiped the scowl from his face. "I should be going. Come along Padma, we can study in our room."

Padma, who had been more focused on the conversation between Asher and Tilly than in any other classroom quickly gathered her things from the couch and followed Tilly to the stairway. From the corner of her eye, Tilly was able to witness Asher go up to his brother and snatch the book from his hands and take it across his head. Bentley showed no signs of fighting back as he went on taunting and laughing at his twin brother.

"You're aware that Asher Morgenstern has been crushing on you for years now, aren't you?" asked Padma once the two girls were far enough away from the common room.

Most every student in Ravenclaw and other houses at Hogwarts were very aware of the way Asher Morgenstern felt for the third year Ravenclaw. If it wasn't his brother giving it away by the constant teasing it was Asher's complete inability to be discrete or normal while near or talking with Matilda Winters.

One of the many talents that Tilly prides herself in having is the ability to read people; not their minds or anything, but their movements, actions, and tics. Because of her ability to read people she can easily tell when someone is lying, nervous, or even scared. Tilly will observe her surroundings in such detail that she'll notice things that others wouldn't even consider looking at or for. So, of course, she knows about Asher Morgenstern's long-time crush on her. She's just never cared enough to address or act upon them.

"I'd have to be completely oblivious if I didn't know about his crush, Padma," sighed Tilly as the two girls reached their door.

Luna had decorated it for Christmas just as she does for every holiday, but now since Christmas is over the everyday decorations are back up. It was decorated in multiple colors of blue and gold and she's hung a portrait of each of the roommates on the door as well. Tilly though was most fond of the twinkling lights and the glitter.

Easily with the wave of her wand, Tilly unlocked their room door and the two of them entered the empty and cold room together. Tilly placed her school bag and wand on the bed before shrugging off her sweater causing goosebumps to instantly appear up and down her arms due to the breeze coming from their open window.

"Then why don't you agree to go out with him?" Padma asked suddenly, surprising Tilly. "The Morgenstern twins are so dreamy!"

Padma fluttered her eyelashes and spoke as if she were in a dream-like trance. She let out a long, loving sigh and fell onto her bed.

"I can see that they're attractive Padma, I'm not blind," said Tilly, rolling her eyes. "And while I certainly enjoy the attention, I get from his feelings for me, I'm most definitely not looking for a relationship."

Padma let out a scoff as she laid her notes across her bed when Tilly came over to sit beside her.

"Well, if you're not interested recommend your great friend Padma, to him," said Padma, shrugging her shoulders as Tilly looked at her as if she was crazy. "I am in no way opposed to a relationship or someone crushing on me—also either brother will work."

"Padma, before you get into any relationship perhaps, we should work on your handwriting first," suggested Tilly. "Your future boyfriend may want to be able to read your love letters to him."

With a sigh, Padma agreed and she and Tilly went on studying and talked no more of Asher or any other boy at Hogwarts unless they were written in Padma's notes.

The evening went on and Tilly continued to help Padma understand some of her notes and writing. When Luna arrived in the dormitory, she also began trying to read Padma's awful writing and was unable to decipher most of it. It wasn't until Cho arrived in the room wearing a large smile and a skip in her step that the girls had started getting ready for bed.

"Ahem!" coughed Cho in an attempt to get her roommates' attention, with a long sigh from Padma the girls turned to give Cho their attention. "Aren't you going to ask me how my day was."

"You, telling us to ask you how your day was, slightly defeats the purpose of asking, does it not?" said Tilly pulling the comforter down on her bed to reveal her light blue sheets. "Now it just seems forced and I don't want to..."

"What she said," Padma chimed in, nodding towards Matilda.

Cho rolled her eyes and let out a huff.

"I'll ask," said Luna happily. "How was your day Cho?"

Luna sat happily on her bed excited to hear from Cho who had a smile on her face once again.

"Oh, Luna, I'm so glad you asked," said Cho coming over to sit on the end of Luna's bed. "I've been promoted to the Ravenclaw seeker!"

Luna's eyes lit up happily for Cho, even though the blonde would happily be wearing her lion scarf the next day.

"You're on the Quidditch team—since when?" Padma asked suddenly, halting in making her bed and standing up straight to look at Cho. "You truly are stalking Potter AND Diggory now, aren't you?"

Tilly let out a snort of laughter knowing Padma was trying to get a rise out of Cho.

"I've been on the team since my second year Padma, you've come to games I've played in," cried Cho. "And, I'm not stalking anyone!"

Padma continued to torment Cho about being obsessed with Harry and Cedric until the four of finally drifted off to sleep.

. . .

After Cho loudly left the room this morning dressed in her house colors, something every Quidditch team does on the day of their match, Tilly woke up. Neither, Luna or Padma was awoken by the slamming of their door and for a second Tilly remained in her bed with her eyes closed, hoping she'd be able to go back to sleep, but it seemed to not be in the cards for today. Angrily, she threw her large, golden duvet to the ide and unhappily made her way to the girl's washroom to start preparing for the day.

It didn't take Matilda long to finish up in the bathroom and to head back into her dorm, where her two other roommates still lay, happily sleeping. Being sure to be quiet Tilly searched through her chest and armoire until she had finally settled on an outfit to wear on this chilly day.

She put on a long-sleeved, light grey shirt and a pair of dark black tights before pulling a darker grey sundress that her mom had bought her while they were in Italy over her head. Normally she'd settle upon just wearing the dress with a shorter sleeved shirt under or perhaps no shirt, but the air was still cold at Hogwarts. For her shoes, instead of wearing one of her many pairs of Mary Jane pumps she opted for a pair of black ankle boots with a short, wide heel. Before leaving the room, Tilly pulled her hair into a bun and finished it off by tying a silk ribbon around it. Tilly was always known to be wearing a pair of Mary Janes or having a ribbon somewhere in her hair.

When Tilly went down to breakfast, she noticed many of the boys that Harry talks to were sitting around him as if they were guarding his new broom, the thought of that made Tilly roll her eyes, she often couldn't believe how materialistic the students here could be. Still, with all the people surrounding Harry, Tilly made her way to the Gryffindor table and when he noticed her, Ron began telling Seamus and Dean to scoot over so she would be able to sit beside of him and across from Harry.

Tilly quietly thanked Ron as he and Harry continued with their conversation.

"Did you see his face?" said Ron gleefully, looking back at Malfoy, Tilly copied his actions as well.

Malfoy sat at the Slytherin table glaring over at Harry. Beside of him was Daisy Morgenstern, the younger sister of the Morgenstern twins and Claire who were all three in Tilly's house. The timid, blonde girl wore a nice button up shirt with specks of yellow, blue, and greens all about it and around the neck was a bow, attached to the shirt. She had her head laid on a large, green sweater, not looking particularly happy about being awake.

"He couldn't believe it! This is brilliant!" continued Ron, after turning back around to Harry.

Wood, who had been hovering since Tilly sat at the table, basked in the glory of the Firebolt.

"Put it here, Harry," he said laying the broom in the middle of the table and carefully turning it so that its name faced upward.

People from the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables were soon coming over to look. Luna came to wish Harry good luck, Cedric Diggory came over, followed by Harper, Tilly's older sister and congratulated Harry on having acquired such a superb replacement for his Nimbus, Tilly began to snap at Cedric for the back-handed compliment, but her sister quickly dragged Cedric away. Percy's Ravenclaw girlfriend, Penelope Clearwater, who obviously had no taste in boys, asked if she could actually hold the firebolt.

"Now, now, Penny, no sabotage!" said Percy heartily as she examined the Firebolt closely. "Penelope and I have got a bet on," he told the team. "Ten Galleons on the outcome of the match!"

"I'll give you ten Galleons right now if you stop talking," Tilly mumbled to herself while rolling her eyes at the people so transfixed on the stupid broom.

Penelope put the Firebolt down again, thanked Harry, and went back to the Ravenclaw table.

"Harry—make sure you win," said Percy in an urgent whisper. "I haven't got ten Galleons. Yes, I'm coming, Penny!" And he bustled off to join her in a piece of toast.

Tilly watched astounded and offended as Percy went to sit at the Ravenclaw table with Penny and her friends. Just last year he made her move from the Gryffindor table because she was a Ravenclaw.

"That two-faced, no good prat!" said Tilly angrily.

"Sure you can manage that broom, Potter?" said a cold, drawling voice.

Draco Malfoy had arrived for a closer look, Crabbe, and Goyle right behind him.

"Malfoy, when I said two-faced, no good prat I wasn't calling for you," said Tilly, already annoyed by his presence. "Now if you don't go away, I'm going to use that broom to sweep out the TRASH!"

Malfoy glared down at Tilly who smiled happily at him, knowing that would only bother him more. He showed no signs of going away though.

"Got plenty of special features, hasn't it?" said Malfoy, eyes glittering maliciously. "Shame it doesn't come with a parachute—in case you get too near a dementor."

Crabbe and Goyle sniggered but stopped quickly when Tilly narrowed her eyes at them.

"Pity you can't attach an extra arm to yours, Malfoy," said Harry. "Then it could catch the snitch for you."

Before the Gryffindor team or Matilda had the chance to react to Harry's amazing comeback a loud laugh came from behind Draco before quickly stopping, then the entire Gryffindor team laughed loudly. Tilly noticed that behind Draco stood Daisy Morgenstern, shaking her head and attempting to hold in a laugh. Malfoy's pale eyes narrowed, and he stalked away. They watched him rejoin the Slytherin team, who put their heads together, no doubt asking Malfoy whether Harry's broom really was a Firebolt.

"Harry, that was truly beautiful," complimented Tilly, still laughing with the Gryffindor team.

At a quarter to eleven, Harry followed his team to the locker rooms, leaving Matilda and Ron at the table. The two talked while quickly finishing their breakfast and somehow Ron had coaxed Tilly into attending the Quidditch match with him. The weather proved to be nice. It was a clear, cool day with a very light breeze; Harry should have no visibility problems today. Luckily, Ron and Tilly were able to find good seats in the stadium, but it felt odd without Hermione being there with them.

"I sure do hope Harry wins this," says Ron, shoving his hands deep into his tattered, coat pockets to keep them warm. "With that Firebolt he's got to win."

"He could do it without the Firebolt," said Tilly, looking over at Ron. "It doesn't matter the broom, it's the person who is flying it, and Harry's very talented flying a broom."

Ron was surprised at the kind words that Tilly had to say about Harry. Of course, he along with each other have noticed Harry and Tilly becoming closer, but he never suspected her to speak so highly of his Quidditch skills. Ron found himself becoming a little jealous over their quick forming bond.

"Ron, are you alright?" asked Tilly when she noticed that he had been staring at her, but showed no signs of speaking.

Snapping out of his trance Ron nodded quickly.

"Yeah I—I uhm—was just thinking," he answered.

Tilly nodded offering him a small smile, before turning back to face the field.

When the Gryffindor team walked out into the field the crowd erupted into a tumultuous applause. The Ravenclaw team, dressed in blue, were already standing in the middle of the field, already have gotten their applause. Cho Chang was the only girl on the Ravenclaw team, which meant Tilly had to hope for her to do well because of the sport being highly male-dominated. It was evident how nervous Cho was, she was shifting from foot to foot and she kept inhaling deeply.

"Mount your broom. . . on my whistle. . . three—two—one—"

Harry kicked off into the air and the Firebolt zoomed higher and faster than any other broom on the field; Tilly and Ron stood from their seats and watched as he soared around the stadium and quickly began searching for the Snitch. Finally, Lee Jordan began his commentary on the game, which was being monitored by Professor McGonagall.

"They're off, and the big excitement this match is the Firebolt that Harry Potter is flying for Gryffindor. According to the Which Broomstick, the Firebolt's going to be the broom of choice for the national teams at this year's World Champion—"

"Jordan, would you mind telling us what's going on in the match?" interrupted Professor McGonagall's voice.

"As annoying as I find Lee Jordan and Quidditch, I can't help but to respect the amount of research he does for these matches," said Tilly, looking over at Ron who nodded in agreement.

"Right you are, Professor—just giving a bit of background information—the Firebolt, incidentally, has a built-in-auto-brake and—"

"Jordan!"

"Okay, okay, Gryffindor in possession, Katie Bell of Gryffindor heading for goal. . ."

Harry quickly streaked past Katie in the opposite direction, gazing around for what Tilly could only assume to be the Snitch and Cho Chang tailed closely behind him. She was undoubtedly a good flier—she kept cutting across Harry, forcing him to change direction—already much better than Malfoy, thought Tilly.

Harry continued to streak past the other players and finally, Katie Bell succeeded in scoring the first goal of the match, and the Gryffindor end went wild, except Tilly, she only clapped for the points given. Tilly also found herself smiling widely as Ron jumped up and down cheering for his house and even more so, his best friend.

Suddenly, Harry dived for the ground; Cho saw what he was doing and tore after him—Harry was speeding up, he was doing well. Tilly had taken notice the last time she watched Harry play that dives were his specialty—he was less than ten feet away—

Then a Bludger, hit by one of the Ravenclaw Beaters, came pelting out of nowhere; Harry veered off course, avoiding it by an inch, and in those few, crucial seconds, the Snitch had vanished.

There was a great "Ooooooh" of disappointment from the Gryffindor supporters and Tilly before she caught herself and quickly ceased herself from making any noise, but she was also a little proud of her house and secretly contributed to the applause for their Beater from the Ravenclaw end. George Weasley, with a red face, vented his feelings by hitting the second Bludger directly at the offending Beater, who was forced to roll right over in midair to avoid it.

"Gryffindor leads by eighty points to zero, and look at that Firebolt go! Potter's really putting it through its paces now, see it turn—Chang's Comet is just no match for it, the Firebolt's precision-balance is really noticeable in these long—"

"JORDAN! ARE YOU BEING PAID TO ADVERTISE FIREBOLTS? GET ON WITH THE COMMENTARY!"

Ravenclaw was pulling back; they had now scored three goals, which put Gryffindor only fifty points ahead—if Cho got the Snitch before him, Ravenclaw would win. Harry dropped lower, narrowly avoiding a Ravenclaw Chaser, scanning the field frantically.

Harry accelerated, eyes fixed on the Gryffindor goal post—but just then, Cho appeared out of thin air, blocking him. Whatever he was looking at, was gone. Harry then turned his Firebolt upward and was soon about twenty feet above the game. Cho was following him, and finally, Harry was able to take notice of this himself. She had decided earlier in the game to mark Harry rather than search for the Snitch herself, which was the lazy option according to Tilly.

Harry dived again, and Cho believing he'd seen the Snitch, tried to follow; Harry pulled out of the dive very sharply; she hurtled downward; he rose fast as a bullet once more, and then he saw it, for the third time—Harry's attention had now turned to the Ravenclaw end.

Still watching Cho, Tilly quickly took notice to something happening at the edge of the field, and she automatically knew who was behind it.

Tilly's attention drifted from the match and to the edge of the field when she caught glimpse of a black cloak. At first, it would be easy to assume that it was a dementor but upon closer inspection, she knew there were no dementors. There was only a group of idiot bullies, and Tilly knew exactly who was leading this group.

"Oh no," sighed Matilda in annoyance, getting Ron's attention as that tone is usually reserved for him. "I've got to go, please stay here."

Quickly, before Ron was able to question or demand that he go with her, Tilly started for the edge of the field. The game was still going strong and Harry was after the snitch, but right as she neared the edge where she was headed, she heard the two words come from Harry.

"Expecto Patronum!"

Tilly's eyes widened as she realized Harry had released the charm on Malfoy and his band of idiots. It wasn't that she was worried about Draco or any of the others, but she didn't want them to be dead or seriously injured for Harry's sake. Even though it was the Slytherin teams' fault if they were killed or severely injured Harry would be forced to face consequences. She didn't want that for Harry, and even if they were bullies and awful towards him, she knew Harry would never forgive himself for doing something like that.

"You lot really are the most cowardly and idiotic here at Hogwarts, aren't you?" said Matilda crossing her arms over her chest as she walked up to stand beside the pile of boys. She nudged one who had managed to get up on all fours with her foot, causing him to fall back onto the grass with a groan.

She wasn't worried now, seeing as though they weren't dead or hurt too badly.

Professor McGonagall was approaching behind Matilda who went on scolding the boys, who lay in a crumpled heap.

"Do any of you know what a dementor truly is or what they're capable of? Probably not seeing as how you just showed the entire school how idiotic all of you are," said Matilda, circling them as a group of dolphins would do to kill a shark. "You out of everyone should fear them the most Malfoy, considering your family history and present. . ."

"I think I can take it from here," said McGonagall, from behind Tilly. "Thank you for holding them for me, Miss Winters."

Tilly nodded to McGonagall.

"An unworthy trick!" she shouted. "A low and cowardly attempt to sabotage the Gryffindor Seeker! Detention for all of you, and fifty points from Slytherin! I shall be speaking to Professor Dumbledore about this, make no mistake! Ah, here he comes now!"

As Professor McGonagall went over and began speaking to Dumbledore, Tilly looked down at Malfoy fighting to extricate himself from the robe, Goyle's head was stuck inside it.

Tilly scoffed at the pathetic sight before turning around and heading back for the castle. She tightened her coat around her, as the sun was beginning to set, and the temperature had dropped.

"Matilda!" Ron calling her name made Tilly come to halt before pushing past the large castle doors and entering the warm air. She turned to face Ron who was standing amongst many other Gryffindors.

"Yes?" she questioned as she walked to stand near him and Harry.

Ron looked over at Harry nervously and Harry gave him a nudge.

"Th-There's a party in the Gryffindor Common Room and we wanted you to come," said Ron with an excited but nervous tone.

"Ron, this is a celebration for the Gryffindors," laughed Tilly. "I am a Ravenclaw and if you remember correctly, we didn't win."

There came a laugh from behind Ron.

"Oh, come on Tilly," said Geroge Weasley, his arm slung lazily across Fred's shoulder. "You're just as much Gryffindor as any of us."

"He's right," Fred agreed, nodding. "We've gotten very used to you being around!"

Tilly took a moment. She couldn't help but be flattered by all the students who enjoy her company, especially those in other houses, but partying wasn't what she had planned for tonight. Instead, she had a date with the library and books about Hippogriffs and Laws.

"It sounds wonderful and I thank you all for the invite, but I really can't," said Tilly. "I've got plenty of things to finish and a party would only be a distraction. Perhaps next time though?"

She looked over at Ron with a small smile and he nodded, also smiling.

"Congratulation Harry, you played great!" she said before turning on her heel and making her way into the castle.

Tilly instantly went for the library which she could find while blindfolded due to her always being in that room. She found all the books she could that she nor Hermione had read yet in order to help Hagrid save Buckbeak. There wasn't much time left to save the poor creature.

*~*

Tilly's Quidditch Match Outfit

*~*

Hopefully, the updates will be more regular now, had a case of writer's block while writing this chapter.

No promises though, I'm truly trash!

ENJOY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 58K 93
โ”โ”โ” ๐Œ๐ˆ๐’๐‚๐‡๐ˆ๐„๐… | โ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž'๐—๐–พ ๐—๐–บ๐—„๐–พ๐—‡ ๐—†๐—’ ๐—๐–พ๐–บ๐—‹๐—, ๐—๐–บ๐—‡๐— ๐—๐—ˆ ๐—๐–บ๐—„๐–พ ๐—†๐—’ ๐—…๐–บ๐—Œ๐— ๐—‡๐–บ๐—†๐–พ ๐–บ๐—Œ ๐—๐–พ๐—…๐—…?โž โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ *:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง *:๏ฝฅ๏ฝฅ๏พŸ...
386K 3.9K 53
Title.
29.7K 988 35
๐”ฒ๐”ซ๐”ข๐”ต๐”ญ๐”ข๐” ๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ก
286 1 24
Book 1 ๐Ÿ“•