Love Remembers

By jkh01234

Georgia is a seventeen year old country girl who lives on a farm in Ohio with her boyfriend Jake. One day whe... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chaper 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue
New book!!!

Chapter 13

365 7 0
By jkh01234

Love Remembers

Chapter 13

*****Letty’s POV*****

Looking back on the past I remembered how much Georgia has changed since then. She has become such a better person that nobody would believe she ever acted like that in the first place. After that day Jake and I talked each week at the race track, and the day soon came that Eric did prove himself to be a pri*k just like Chris said he was and Georgia came stomping over wanting to leave when I was hanging with Jake. But she got distracted and wanted to meet him so we were there for yet another two hours while she ignored me for Jake. Soon after that we came to the tracks for him, and I noticed whenever we went out places he came along.

                I also got introduced to something new called jealousy. Whenever I felt this I simply pushed the thought away. I mean how could I be jealous of Georgia? She’s my best friend, always has and always will be too! It was simply a crazy thought when I was happy for her. Although I met Jake first and I felt quite a strong attraction to him after getting to know him better, after I saw how they both look at each other I just pushed it away also.

What else could I have done in that situation? I couldn’t just tell him, it would cause more trouble for me than what I already had on my plate. Plus it could tear my friendship apart with Georgia, which I know for sure I wouldn’t be able to bear. So ever since that day I have been hiding my feelings and waiting and waiting for a time for them to show. Or even for a chance to help either of them out because that’s what a friend does, and after all I am a good friend and that’s what mattered most to me.

I was jerked away from my private thoughts as I noticed Georgia’s now awake body stirring. I quickly stood up and drifted over to the side of her bed.

“Hey Georgia, how you feeling” I asked softly

“Better, but I’m so confused. Why am I here in the hospital when I’m supposed to be at your house?”

“It’s kind of a long story Georgia, why don’t you eat a little bit of the food I brought up first and then I’ll tell it to you.”

“Sounds good to me, I’m starving. What did you bring?” she asked and glanced over to the boxes of food I had left sitting on the chair that my butt just occupied.

“Well why exactly would I tell you, it’s a surprise, duh.” I said sarcastically.

“You would tell me because I have had enough surprises and mysteries that still are yet to be solved for a lifetime today.’

“Good point, I brought salad, fries, and chicken breast.”

“Yum sounds amazing right now.”

“Oh believe me it is.”

“You ate without me?” She asked in utter shock.

‘’Oh my god, if it means that much to you I’ll ask the nurse to go make me a sandwich.” I replied sputtering with laughter.

“Good! You know I hate eating when no one else is.”

“Yes I know, “because it feels like everyone is watching you shovel food into your big mouth.” I quote the saying she says every single time she has to eat alone.

“Exactly, you know me so well my little Lettykins! I’ll call in the nurse.” She said happily, calling me the nickname she knows frustrates me, and she hasn’t called me in about two years.

I would have said something about the nickname but because of the memory loss she wouldn’t know anything about me not liking it or not having said it for two years up until now. So I just gritted turned around and walked over to get her food, gritting my teeth along the way to keep from popping off with something that I would surely regret later.

She pressed a button on the intercom and waited till the nurse picked up. When she did she proceeded to telling the nurse that if she got me a turkey sandwich I would give her a hug. With that she released the intercom button which hung up on them, and turned back to face me as I was carrying her food towards her bed and setting it on the tray.

“Why exactly did you just tell the nurse I would hug her if she brought me a turkey sandwich?” I asked curiously gazing at her.

“Well first of all the nurse for this shift isn’t a she, he is male. Second last I checked you loved turkey sandwiches. Plus the male nurse has a cute butt, which I thought you would like.” She replied with a wink and dug into her salad.

I just shook my head and sat down on the foot of her bed pulling out my phone and checking the time. It was five thirty nine right now, visiting hours were until eight pm. So I had a good two hours and twenty one minutes left to visit with Georgia for today. Unfortunately I have to tell her some of the things that she wanted to know before I left. This should be great fun, I thought sarcastically to myself as Georgia finished shoving food in her mouth. This just so happened to be the exact time the nurse walked into the room with my sandwich in hand.

“Hello Miss, here is the sandwich you requested.” He told her as he approached the bedside and held it out.

“Why thank you, and here’s the hug I was telling you about.” Georgia said gesturing to me.

I glared at her and stood up awkwardly, and gave the guy a hug even though I seriously didn’t want to. I know people hug others randomly, but I’m just not that type of person!

“Thanks,” He said with a wink and proceeded to leave the room. On the way out I glanced at him and Georgia was right, he DID have a cute butt.

“Told you,” Georgia said noticing me checking him and handed me my sandwich.

“I’ve seen better,” I told her in reply thinking of Jake. I wonder if Georgia would ever remember him, or if she would stay like this, the past two years completely lost to her.

“Sure you have, and now back to what we were discussing earlier what’s going on?”

“You were in a car accident Georgia, and you lost some of your memory.” Some was quite a big exaggeration for two years but oh well she didn’t need to know that right now.

“I was?” She asked completely shocked.

“Yea, there are a few things you’ve got to know before you leave the hospital but if you start getting worked up I’m not allowed to tell you anything.”

“Ok”

“First of all Georgia what year is it?”

“It’s 2010 what kind of question is that?”

“The question to prove you lost your memory, look at the date on my phone.” I told her pulling it out and showing it to her.

“But it can’t be 2012, I swear yesterday was my dad’s birthday and he turned forty two.”

“Well he’s forty four now hon, and speaking of you parents something else happened over that two year time period.”

“What?” She asked, voice shaking.

“This is hard to say, but Georgia, you’re parents abused you, and threw you out of the house. They told you they didn’t want you anymore and they always liked your brother more.” I said the last part softly and glanced down at my toes, I hated having to tell her that but it was something she had to remember.

“You’re lying to me; they would never do that to me. I know my parents better than you do Letty why would you make something like that up?”

“Georgia please believe me, I wouldn’t lie to you or make something as serious as that up.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“Somehow I figured you wouldn’t.” With that I left the room leaving Georgia speechless and walked up to the nurse’s counter.

“Excuse me mam,” I began getting the nurses attention. “Am I able to see Georgia Matthews’s past history file?”

“Name please?” she asked looking up from whatever she was doing on the computer screen.

“Letty Collins,” I recited, leaning against the counter.

“Here you go,” She said handing it to me because I had the permission to view it because I was on of Georgia’s guardians.

“Thank you,” I told her taking the folder and starting back off to Georgia’s room.

I didn’t want to have to show her the file with pictures and descriptions of the past few times she was beat and had to come to the hospital. It was brutal because she had the shit beat out of her. Her parents just let her have it not caring how much damage they did. They didn’t just do physical damage though they did mental damage. Before the accident, every time Georgia thought of her family the first image that came to mind just so happened to be the ones of her being abused. I just shook my head at the thought and entered her room again.

“Here,” I told her tossing the file in her direction and went to sit down. “Since you didn’t believe me look at the file. All the proof you need is in there.”

I heard her gasp as she read over it, and looked up to see her eyes widened quite a bit compared to how they were normally. She didn’t glance up at me though; her eyes kept hungrily reading and scanning over all the information in that file. I didn’t see if she finished or not because I was looking out the window, but at some point I heard the file hit the floor and looked over at her.

“You were right,” She said breaking the silence. “I-I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine, you didn’t know.”

“No it’s not fine! I called you a liar and acted like a b**** when you were telling me the truth. I just can’t believe they really did that to me.” She said breaking down and putting her head in her hands.

“Hey, hey,” I said walking over and sitting next to her on the bed pulling her into a hug. “It’s ok, I forgive you. “

“But where am I going to go after they discharge me Letty? I have no house!”

“You’re staying with me for the time being, my family is yours and we were chosen as your guardians until you’re the age of eighteen.”

“You were?” She asked sniffling and looked up at me, her eyes glimmering with tears from crying.

“Yea and you got a shock coming with that too. My dad’s actually alive believe it or not.”

“But how? Your mom said he was dead.”

“Turns out he wasn’t, the whole time I thought he was dead he was out with people here there and everywhere across the United States. Mom only said he was dead because he left me at a young age and she didn’t want me to feel the abandonment that she felt.” I said shrugging.

“Did your brother know? How can you shrug at a time like this?”  She said all worked up and not a tear falling out of her eyes anymore.

“Yep, he knew all about it because he would’ve figured it out if she lied to him like she did me because of how old he was.”

“Well that answers one part of my question but not the other part.” She pointed out, raising her eyebrows.

Gosh dang it I was hoping she would forget about that part I hated admitting stuff, I really did. I always have preferred keeping my feeling to me, myself, and I. But no Georgia never ever missed one little detail about something important.

“Well I simply don’t care; I mean he wasn’t there for me when I grew up so technically he’s not a father figure in my life. He simply helped make me, and if he didn’t want to be there for me then why did he come back now?”

“Well I guess that’s the way to look at it.” She replied and gave me a hug.

“I know it is, now come on let’s get you cleaned up, your eyes are all puffy.” I told her standing up and putting the bed rail down so she could get out of that contraption.

A/N:

HOLY SCHNEIKES!

I Didn’t realize that I would get 240 reads in a day! Let alone 269! I’m thrilled! I seriously mean it! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I’m so excited that Love remembers is doing this good! :D THANK YOU!

If it wasn’t for your reading, voting, commenting, and fanning I most likely would’ve gave up on this book. But I’m defiantly not going to now thank you so much!

Teaser: How is Georgia REALLY feeling about finding out about all this new information?

Next update: at 320 reads J So go go go please J

Don’t forget to rate vote comment and fan please! I would really appreciate it! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 252 30
Charlie, a nineteen-year-old girl, has been on her own for five months during the zombie-apocalypse in America. She drives around Georgia in her old...
32.9K 1K 44
this story is about a girl that just moved to another school after staying with her dad for long time she is now living with her brother and mother a...
Begin Again By sam

Teen Fiction

292K 9.1K 29
Savannah Jacobs is a 17 year old girl who goes to school and does normal things. Well that's what everyone thinks. Four years ago she was in a coma f...
1.6K 88 18
Kylie Jefferson a 17 year old girl who thinks she won't ever find love. When she finally finds someone who loves her there's a twist he lives 11 ho...