What Could've Been |Sequel To...

By rawisrollins

Set one year after Harper and Spencer moved to London, you see how much their life has changed. And how much... More

The Time Of Our Lives..
Dream On
Our Secret Spot
Home Is Where The Heart Is
Mommy Duties..
Taking The Train
The City Of Love
Paris Night Life And Exes
The Black Widow
8 Years Ago..
MisCommunication
You Dug Your Own Grave
It's Okay To Not Be Okay
We Found Love Right Where We Are
Forever Dreaming Of You
Shining Star
Tokyo Princess
Kiss Your Career Goodbye..
Halloween & The Big News
Does It Get Any Easier?
She's Very Good For You
Volunteer Work
Please Behave Yourself
One Last Guest
Guess Who's Back
One Step At A Time
Welcome To New York..
Confide In Me
Don't Open Your Door
What Could've Been

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

235 10 0
By rawisrollins

"I still remember the first time I met Hunter..I didn't have my contacts in and I bumped into him in catering..told him to fuck off and go suck a fat one," Maddy chuckled. "You could imagine that didn't go over too well."

"Typical Maddy." I smirked. "I remember when we were put on 'probation' one of my first weeks on the job."

"Mind telling us why?" Dean raised his eyebrow.

"Best left unsaid..a lawsuit could still happen." Maddy winked, making Dean give us a 'WTF' look.

"We're only kidding.." I shrug.

"Maybe.." Maddy sung, making everyone laugh.

We were all cuddled up on the couch, fire burning, reliving old stories. It felt nice reminiscing on the past.

The kids were asleep, and we had already placed all the gifts under the tree. It was Christmas Eve, and I was super excited because I loved Christmas.

Maddy had revealed to us that when her and Dean go back to Las Vegas, they can find out the gender of the baby. Everyone began putting their guesses in.

Mostly everyone said boy. We needed to even the odds out a little. We said next would be Cathy and Finn's turn, but they said for now their content with everything.

"I think it's time for us to head back to the hotel. We'll be back tomorrow morning to open gifts." Nikki stood up from the couch, Dolph doing the same.

We all gave them hugs and waved goodbye as they left. I began getting sleepy myself. So I said goodnight and went to the room.

I climbed in the bed and a few minutes later, Maddy and Dean did the same.

"Remember the Christmas I told you to apply for the interviewing job? And then you got it a few months later.." Maddy whispers.

"Yeah, I do.." I smile, thinking back to that moment 2 years ago...

Christmas Day - Las Vegas, Nevada

"Here we got you one last gift.." Maddy handed me a big box. I gave her a look, her and Dean already spoiled me this year.

"Just open it!" Dean whined.

"Alright alright." I begin tearing the wrapping paper off it. I got confused as I did, noticing that the box felt very...light.

Not that I was expecting a huge present, but it didn't seem like there was something in there.

"Is this a prank? Ill whoop both of your asses if it is." I grumbled.

"Just. Open. It." Maddy repeated.

I lifted up the cover and saw..a packet?

It had the WWE logo on it, and I scanned my eyes down and read 'Application: Backstage Interviewer'

"Maddy..what is this?" I questioned.

"I found out there's a position available at RAW. Talked to Hunter about it, and he wants to meet you and said he'd give you the job right then and there." Maddy shrugged, a smile on her lips.

"M-Maddy..this is insane..t-thank you so much!" I try to find the right words. I'm speechless.

I tackled her and Dean in a hug, squeezing them tight.

"Thank you thank you thank you!"

"Alright alright don't kill me.." Maddy chuckled.

We spent the rest of the night talking about how cool it'd be working together. And what I didn't know was when I got that application, it changed my whole life.
-

"Nikki...that seems like an awful lot of bags there.." I raised an eyebrow, eyeing her wagon she pulled inside.

"Hey, I have to spoil my niece and nephew!" She defended.

The kids were anxiously awaiting by the tree, trying to pull the presents towards them. I had them dressed in matching striped pj's, and I put a bow in Hope's hair.

Larry and Kev had bow ties on, and AJ was was dressed in a Krampus sweater. I had Grinch pajamas on, and everyone else was dressed for the festivities.

Once Nikki unloaded all of her Gucci, Michael Kors, Coach, and other expensive gifts, we began opening. The kids went first, me and Seth helping them tear the wrapping paper off. That had to be Ethan's favorite part.

They ended up with loads of bath toys, outdoor equipment, designer onesies, Brie had sent them silk diapers, Roman sent them a pair of baby Jordan's.

I got them matching accessories. Ethan's was a chain that I put around his neck, attached was a locket with the letter 'E' on it. Inside there were two pictures, one of Spencer, and then one of me. Same thing with Hope only hers was a bracelet and had the letter 'H'.

"Awww that's beautiful." Cathy smiled.

"Alright Harper its time for your gift!" Seth clapped, getting up from the couch.

"Seth I told you not to get me anything." I groaned.

"Well oops." He smirked, handing me an envelope.

I opened it and pulled out a card that had a golden retriever on it.

At the bottom in small print were the words 'Excited to finally meet my new family! See you soon!'

My mouth dropped as I looked at Seth for confirmation. He nodded, "He's yours."

"Seth..thank you so much!" I pull him into a quick hug. 

"Don't thank me..I knew you wanted another puppy, so I found one back in Chicago and it's with my parents right now." He explained.

"Well I guess it's time for your gift." I grabbed his present and handed him the box. He opened it and looked at it in awe. I bought him a gold and black watch, considering his broke a while back.

Engraved on the top was 'S.R.' Seth pouted his lip, "Harper this is so sweet..thank you."

"Anything for you." I grinned.

The rest of the morning we spent opening gifts, laughing, and then cleaning up the big mess of wrapping paper. Finn and Cathy made French toast and omelettes for breakfast, with spiked egg nog for the adults, and orange juice for the kids (AJ, Punk and Maddy included).

But I had to admit, this was the best Christmas I've had in awhile.
-

On our way back to Iowa, everyone just flew back with us, considering New Years was just a few days away.

AJ , Punk and Larry drove back to Chicago and would come back for the party, Nikki and Dolph were staying in one guest room, Maddy and Dean in the other. Cathy and Finn took the air mattress.

Seth was officially moved in his new place, and was going to spend the whole day decorating and making it more cosy.

Our new puppy was happily relaxing in his new bed, we still had to name him.

I was happy Brie, Daniel and Birdie were flying out as well, and the whole gang would be officially together.

Everyone was exhausted and was taking naps, while I was fixing lunch in the kitchen. The kids were watching cartoons.

I opened the fridge and pulled out a jug of water and turned around, jumping back when I saw Hope smiling up at me.

Wait a minute..

I looked back at Ethan, seeing him wobbly make his way over to me.

I cried, picking them both up, "My babies are walking!"

They giggled as I spun them both around. I would remember this moment forever.

- - -
Seems like the gang had a good Christmas together!  Hope and Ethan are growing up so fast😭 you also get to see the backstory on how Harper got the interviewing job! Thanks for reading :) 💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 840 29
Moving into a new state is the opening to a new beginning. It sure was for Colby, only that he didn't expect the start of his new life to turn the wa...
616 13 1
3 Years has passed, Kim is now living on her own in NYC where she is pursuing her dream as a Victoria Secret model. She is currently single and is re...
3.8K 397 23
When a devastating situation and one drop too many entangle, Rebecca is quickly led down an unforgiving path, and a familiar face returns to town, fi...
13.4K 242 31
Commander Beth Taylor (aka Hannah Clark) was being protected. She didn't know them very well. When a storyline was created to bring them back togethe...