Azure Saviour | dark h.s.

By kissable_brits

Céline, a strong and independent woman, with a rough, misfortunate, and violent past. Harry, a troubled and... More

a little note
cast list
trailer
one | 1
two | 2
three | 3
four | 4
five | 5
six | 6
seven | 7
eight | 8
nine | 9
ten | 10
eleven | 11
twelve | 12
fourteen | 14
fifteen | 15
sixteen | 16
seventeen | 17
eighteen | 18
nineteen | 19
twenty | 20
twenty one | 21
twenty two | 22
twenty three | 23
twenty four | 24
twenty five | 25
twenty six | 26
twenty seven | 27
twenty eight | 28
twenty nine | 29
thirty | 30
thirty one | 31
thirty two | 32
thirty three | 33
thirty four | 34
thirty five | 35
thirty six | 36
thirty seven | 37
thirty eight | 38
thirty nine | 39
forty | 40
forty one | 41
forty two | 42
forty three | 43
forty four | 44
forty five | 45
forty six | 46
forty seven | 47
forty eight | 48
forty nine | 49
fifty | 50
fifty one | 51
fifty two | 52
fifty three | 53
fifty four | 54
fifty five | 55
fifty six | 56
fifty seven | 57
fifty eight | 58
fifty nine | 59
sixty | 60
epilogue
q & a
a final note
Céline Meets Josie and Hazel
Thea's First Words
The Héline Wedding
Thea's First Day at School

thirteen | 13

4.3K 240 325
By kissable_brits

re·un·ion

Azure Saviour has 2K reads! Thank you so much to all of you reading and supporting my story! I love you all so much! 

It was also my birthday on Wednesday. Yay...I guess. Carry on now. 

Harry.

Sitting in my car, I rested both of my forearms on the steering wheel, my hands were clasped together. There were two things on my mind, my sister and C. My brain understood why Gemma was there, but it was confused about why the mysterious girl I see once a week was there.

I reached out for my phone, which was placed in the cup holder. I checked the time and saw a text from my sister that the plane had just taxied towards the gate. I'd already parked my car in the lot ages ago, which was probably the worst idea. Easily, I could have circled the airport and waited until after she got her luggage, to go quickly stop at the door to pick her up; but, I didn't. I guess it was something that I'd have to pay for. Then again, my sister's worth it.

I got out of my car and walked towards the 'Arrivals' sign, which was practically everywhere on the airport grounds. Once I made it inside, my eyes peered around to find many others awaiting their friends and loved ones. It's been a long time since I actually picked up anyone from here and I forgot how much I came here; and I wasn't too sure if I missed doing that or not.

"So my big brother didn't lie when he said he'd pick me up from the airport; and he's on time, what a shocker." A female voice spoke from a little distance away. A voice I knew far too well; and from someone that I hadn't seen in quite some time.

"You're a bloody idiot if you'd think otherwise." I laughed and saw my younger sister skip her way into my arms, hugging me tight. I missed her. Why was having family around so ... impossible? "Welcome back to KC, little sister."

"Ah yes. Good ol' Kansas City. I forgot how tiny this airport is." She said, her eyes wide as she looked around.

"You're seriously comparing this airport to Heathrow?" I let out a short chuckle.

"Nope." She shook her head, laughing. "I was comparing it to JFK."

"A comedian."

"I take after my favourite brother." She grinned.

"I'm your only brother." I raised my brow at her reply.

"True."

"Did you bring any more —?"

"Just this." She pointed down to her carryon.

"Good." I smiled, grabbing hold of the handle and pulling it my way. "Because I wasn't going to wait for the carousel to start up anyway."

"Such a gentleman, Styles."

"That, I am. I guess I'm the better Styles, then." I smirked, placing my arm over her shoulder.

"Only in your dreams, big brother. Only in your dreams." She smiled and she wrapped her own arm around my waist, as we walked through the door automatic sliding doors. 

..

"So what are we going to do while I'm here." Gemma asked as I merged onto the highway.

"I mean it's not your first time here, but I'm going to make it seem like it is." I grinned. "My little tourist, how would you like to go to a baseball game? The MBL and all."

"Harry, you're seriously taking me to a Royals game?" She informed me, clearly knowing the city's baseball team. I was well aware of the Chiefs, but like the Royals, they weren't exactly known as the best football team. No matter what, I rooted for the Packers.

"You like baseball, right? Plus I think they won the World Series in 2015." I informed, proudly. Suddenly her mouth dropped and she locked at me with a shocked expression. "What?"

"Since when does big brother know about the American pastime?"

"Since forever." I scoffed.

"You're such a liar." She scrunched her nose and laughed.

"Alright fine, I figured it's about time I learn something that my little sister likes." There was no chance I could bullshit my way out of this. She knew. She always did.

Gemma had always been my best friend, ever since I knew I had a sibling. Sure we're several years apart and she was completely unexpected — especially considering the divorce —, but that didn't matter. The fact that after our major gap, we're still so close is, 'a miracle' — like my Mum says.

"Still sounds odd coming from you, but I'll go with it." She smirked.

"You do that, now." I chuckled an reached over to pinch her cheek. It quickly resulted for her to slap my hand away.

"You still haven't changed." Her nose scrunching as she spoke.

If only you knew.

"Not really, no. I'm always the same when it comes to you."

"I wouldn't want you any other way." She grinned. "You cut your hair though. That's a big change."

"Yours has grown out, quite a bit."

"Yeah, but yours seems done for a purpose; or am I wrong?"

"You are. I just needed a change."

"Right." She muttered, but I heard it loud and clear. "It looks nice though. Different, but nice. You look like an actual grown up man now."

"And I didn't before?" A small chuckle escaped my lips. It was odd how our conversations could go from stressing to light, in mere seconds.

"Not really, no." She said, grinning widely. The car suddenly became silent, the only noise came was from the cars that surrounded us, each of them, probably in a rush to do something. Whether that something was to go hang out with friends, see their family for an early Sunday dinner, or to someplace that was urgently calling for them. Each of those reasons, or many more, couldn't live up to the thoughts that roamed around in my mind. 

"So how's mum?" I asked, nervously.

It's been months since I've seen or spoke to my mum. With everything that happened, it took every caring part out of my mind, body, and soul. My mates helped keep me in check and it took several tried of Gemma reaching out to me, before I finally gave in to talk with her. Even with the love that remains for my family, it's only been my sister that I keep in contact with. It feels horrible to know that I'm even doing such a thing, but I can't get back to where I used to be; because, nothing is the way it is anymore. Nothing.

"She's good. She misses you a lot." Her voice was soft.

"I miss her too." I replied, sincerely.

"You don't even call, Harry. Why? What happened?" I noticed her head ten towards me from the corner of my eye. This was a time that I couldn't face her.

"Life." I replied, hoping that she'd let the conversation drop.

"I just don't get it. I mean, you always used to —" She pushed further.

"Gem, drop it." My tone stayed strong and firm.

"But —"

"I'll turn around and take you back to the airport." I pointed my finger towards the rear glass, a small smile tugging on my lips. With Gemma, you could never stay annoyed at her for too long.

"Alright, don't get your knickers in a twist."

"So how was your flight?" 

"Long." She simply answered, as she shrugged. 

"Wow, you've really learned how to have a decent conversation." I chuckled.

She was just like C. Harry, stop. 

Honestly, can you just think about your own life once. Just once. But she is part of your life. Fuck, I can't believe this shit.

"I'm kidding, H." Her laugh filled the small vehicle.

"It's nice to know that your English classes have helped immensely. Not sure how you'll be able to defend people; you know, studying law and all."

"Shut up." She chuckled. "I'll have you know, so far I've nailed all my classes so far."

"Impressive. I'm proud of you Gem."

"Thanks." A smile formed on her lips. "I did meet a nice guy on the plane to New York though. He gave me his number."

"What happened to staying single for a while?" My brows furrowed in confusion.

"I am; and of course, I'm still getting over Oliver." She sighed.

"But you broke up with him." 

"I know."

"So —"

"Look, I'm not like you. I'm actually getting over them the proper way, unlike one person I know." She lightly snapped.

"Don't compare us. Please." I shook my head.

"I wasn't. I was just sa—"

"No. You weren't. Fuck, lets just change the subject." My jaw clenched, just as someone cut me off. "You fucker, you want to change lanes, then give a damn signal. Damn it."

"Language."

"Don't be a mother." I bit my lip in frustration. 

"Don't be an arse." She replied, sassily; and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Looks like my little sis is growing up."

"I'd have to be, to start dealing with someone like you." I felt her poke my shoulder.

"Hey now." I whined.

"So you're taking me to a Royals game?" She changed the subject. Thankfully.

"If you want to."

"Sure."

"Good, because we're going anyway. I already bought the tickets." I grinned.

"Of course you did." She laughed.

God, I missed my sister. I didn't think that I was missing out on so much, until this exact moment. There's was just something about family that made a person feel whole. I couldn't even imagine how it was for C, who's only recently got a part of hers back. What had she done before? I can't even imagine it.

Both Niall and Liam's family were still back in the U.K. My Irish friend also had a sister, who was actually his twin. One that was older than him by two minutes. Whilst Liam had two older brothers, and a much younger one — a surprise baby. Much like Gemma was. Dylan on the other hand was a single child. His parents only wanted one and that's what they did. According to him, right after, his father got a vasectomy, to assure their decision. They were all very family oriented, just like I was; but that all changed eight months ago.

Everything.

..

"Boys!" Gemma called out to the lads, as soon as they came into view. Of course, there was no way to get out of taking her to a bar to see them. We could have went bowling or something, but no, she just had to get her way. I'm an idiot for listening to her. 

Bloody sister.

"Harry, shut up. You love me." She turned her head towards me, not realising that I'd said that out loud.

"Watch your mouth, Gem." I kindly warned. "And yes, I do love you. You need to stop getting what you want, you know?"

"I do, but I'd rather not." She laughed. "How are my three favourite guys? Niall, I see that you're still single. Dylan, I like the girl on your arms, I wish it were me though. Oh Liam, you've gotten taller; or you seem so, I'll find out when you stand up."

"Gemma, always a pleasure." Liam nodded, a smile on his face. 

"She's always had a smart mouth." Niall chuckled and raised his arms, so he could give her a hug. "Come here, my favourite non-related sister."

All of them knew my sister very well. They all treated her as if she were their own. Never would any of them consider seeing her differently. For one, they've known her for several years; and for two, she's much younger than them. She's always been close with Niall's twin, even though the age gap also existed, it didn't make a difference for either of them. 

I asked for a beer and sat down on one of the chairs, surrounding their occupied table; Gemma doing the same. She attempted to try and get a drink, but I took her wallet out of her purse, before we drove down to the bar. I had a feeling that she would try and pull a stunt like that; and I was right. 

We dropped off her things at my house and gave her some time to relax, before we went out for dinner. It was then that she nagged on saying she wanted to go out to see my friends again and I couldn't say no to her — for the most part. I hated that.

Dylan's arm was wrapped around his girlfriend's shoulder, who was the only other female amongst us. It wasn't often that she came out with us, but I'd told my friend that Gem would be in town, so I felt it would help add an even more casual mood between us. 

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Sage." She firmly spoke, reaching her arm out to shake my sister's hand. I smiled as I took a sip from my drink, clearly amused by her obvious reaction. 

"Oh, I know. I'm just messing. No need to be protective or jealous, I'm not a threat. Even if I were to try anything, which I did in the past, Harry would kill me." Gemma casually said, smiling. "I'm Gemma, Harry's wonderful sister."

"Scratch the wonderful, and add, pain in the arse, sister."

"Don't be like that, H. You love me."

"I do. Remind me why, though." I chuckled and she stuck her tongue out at me. It was moments like that, which reminded me that she was still younger. There were so many times that I thought she was my age or older, because of the way she talked or acted.

"It's nice to meet you." Gemma's tone, completely sincere.

"You've got nothing to be jealous about, darling. Like she said, she's just Harry's pain in the ass sister." Dylan said, smirking at the woman who he targeted. 

"Arse. Have you know, that I'm not interested in anyone right now. Especially any of you. I need me a strong man; someone who's smart, carefree, and not a jerk. Which basically excludes all of you." She laughed and we shook our heads. 

"It's seriously great to have you back, little sis." Niall said, pulling her into him. "And if whoever that man is, if he's a prick, we'll make sure he doesn't live a happy day after that."

"I love you guys."

"Likewise, Gemmy."

"Liam, I swear —" 

"That you love him too." I finished off for her, chuckling. 

We spent an hour together, enjoying our time laughing and reminiscing some old stories between us. Of course, it wasn't brought up, and I was secretly thankful for all of them for not mentioning it. At a point in time, I needed a breather, so I stepped outside; and the first thing I did, was light a cigarette. 

Gemma still didn't know that I smoked, even though I had a feeling she would find out soon. I preferred that she didn't. It wasn't something I was proud of. Then again, about ninety-five percent of what I was currently doing, wasn't specifically meant to be shown at the Hall of Fame. 

"Harry?" My sister called out for me and heard her footsteps nearing me.

Fuck. I spoke too soon.

"Yeah." I quickly threw the butt on the ground, stepping over it. 

"Since when have you started smoking? You always hated it and told everyone how much it's bad for you." I could see her arms crossed from the corner of my eye. There have been so many moments that I look her in the eye — this was another time. 

"It's been a few months now." 

"Big brother, a few months since —"

"Yes, since." I interrupted. "I don't want to talk about that right now; or ever."

"I just don't understand. What's the point of it? You're only harming yourself."

"I know." I shook my head, lowering my focus to the ground. I felt small from the things that I've done. 

"I don't want you to smoke. No one would wants that. You don't even want it. Why are you doing this to yourself? I can see that you aren't happy, Harry. It might not show to many people, but I can see it."

C, could even see it. 

"I'll try to stop." I lied. I should mean what I was saying, but I didn't. There was no point of it; or stopping anything harmful that I was doing to myself. I wasn't worth the good

"I know you're lying, but I hope there's some truth somewhere deep down inside you. I'll meet you back inside." She sighed and I nodded, staying silent to her comment. 

Taking a deep breath, I looked up at the dark sky above me. The darkness filled the world on this side of the planet. There was always light somewhere. The same light that also refers itself to the silver lining. Did I have one? I wish I did. The stars and the moon were nonexistent as the thick clouds hid them. Heat already surrounded the city, showing off its soft haze from the humidity. My ears listened to the same sound each and every day — the volume only set higher on the weekends. It still wasn't how I liked it to be — how I wanted it to be. That was a moment I still had yet to see again. A moment that had happened only yesterday. 

..

Céline.

My feet swung below me as I sat on the bench. My bench. Our bench. 

The thing was, there wasn't an 'our'. We weren't together. We were just mere strangers that had become acquaintances; maybe even possibly friends. There wasn't anything more than that though. I knew that it wouldn't become any more. It couldn't. My feelings decided to want the wrong person. He wasn't meant for me; at least, at this time, he wasn't. Then again, what was time? 

It's just a sequence of events. We have the ability to change our future, from what we do in our present. I couldn't change Harry though. I knew him; but I didn't know him. At this current moment, I wished that I could make those feelings fade away. I wished they had their own minds. Then again, they did; which is why they decided to attract themselves to a man that I can't have. 

Letting out a deep sigh, I checked my watch to find the hour much later that I planned on being here. It was a only a few seconds before I stood, when I began to hear the familiar sound of boots clicking against the concrete ground. Harry.

He said he wasn't going to come tonight. It wouldn't even matter, since we only made a 'deal', to meet once a week — which we never specified an actual day. I didn't even want to come today, but I just felt the need to get out of the house. I couldn't find it in me to even go to bed. It was much later than I usually came, but here I am.

"Hello." He greeted me with the slightest smile, as he took a seat next to me.

"Hey." I replied, meeting his eyes; but his moved out the city surrounding us. "I thought you weren't coming today."

"I just needed to take a breather."

"Did your sister arrive safely?" I asked.

"That's why I needed a breather." He chuckled lightly. "I'm surprised you're still here; or even here at this hour."

"Like you, I just wanted to get out and relax." My lips curled upwards. "To be honest, I was just about to leave."

I didn't know why I admitted that. What if he wanted this time alone to himself? What if he told you that it was okay and I should leave now? What if he told you that he just didn't want you here at all. What if —?

"I'm glad you didn't. I could use the company." His voice broke me from my thoughts.

"But I'm usually silent company."

"It still fills the empty void in my life." Those words somehow made my heart skip a beat. My presence in his life actually means something to him? I didn't expect that. I didn't expect a lot of things from him; but they just, happen.

"I got tickets to the Royals game." He randomly spoke out and I looked at him, who had a small upwards curl that played on his lips. "I showed them to Gemma, she was really excited."

"I'm glad." I smiled.

"I would've, um —"

"It's okay, Harry. It's a bit early for you to invite me anywhere." I interrupted, clearly watching the awkward expression on his face. Which to be honest, was quite cute — he blushed. Cute? Céline, stop.

"Thanks." He anxiously laughed.

"No problem."

"Maybe some other time." His words, completely surprised me; but I hid my expression well.

"Maybe." I softly spoke and a warm look was on his face. It was hard to decipher what it meant though.

Harry was closed off and completely reserved from everything he said and showed. Everything that I ever told him, about him, was based on all of those simple things. There was no possible way to dig deeper under the crust of his soul, unless if he, himself, opened up that route for me. 

He wasn't sure about doing such a thing or if he was ready — he wasn't though. The evidence was clear as day. The thing was that I wasn't worried about him being ready, because it was me that I was mainly concerned about. I felt that I was never going to be ready for whatever it is he had hidden inside him.

"How's the prick of the boyfriend she has?" I questioned, curiously. It more or less something to just keep the conversation going between us. I loved the silent moments we had, but knowing more about him, was one of my new favourite things to do — and of course, listening to the raspy tone of his voice, was better than music on its own.

"Dumped."

"Oh?"

"Thank God, yes. It happened a little while back and I was so relieved when she told me. " He chuckled.

"You seemed to have hated him quite a bit."

"Hate is a strong word, more like I disliked him to the point where I wanted to bash his face into my fist."

"Damn." I was taken back by his words. "That's...intense."

"Eh." He shrugged and I laughed.

"Well, like I said before, you have good over-protective, brotherly instincts." I smiled and he turned to do the same, before we were interrupted by the ringing of a phone — Harry's.

He pulled it out of his back pocket and let out a deep breath as he swiped the screen, answering the call. I didn't mean to pry, but I got a quick glimpse of the caller; of course, it was Harry's younger sister. His large hand put up the device by his ear, but quickly moved it away, as her voice was loudly heard through the receiver. Her accent was just a thick as Harry's, tinted with a soft sound of songbirds.

"Harry, where the bloody hell are you?" She scolded, loudly. The phone wasn't put on speaker, but it was easy to hear her voice.

"Out." He answered simply. His voice was stern, an unamused expression on his face.

"You know, it's rude to leave your sister alone at home. Especially if she came to visit you." I held in my laugh, when I heard the irritation in her tone.

"You were asleep."

"So you just decided to sneak out."

"I didn't sneak out, it's my own house." He pinched the bridge of his nose tightly.

"You could have told me that you wanted to go and screw some other girl, I would have been okay with it."

"Gemma, for fuck's sake. I'm not out screwing any girl. I don't —" He seemed to have caught himself with something important. I felt the urge to find out what it was, but there was no way I was going to be able to do that anytime soon.

"You know that —" She started to speak, but she was quickly interrupted.

"Gem, get your arse back to bed. I'll be home soon."

"You better be. I'll tell mum." I showed a small smile at her light scolding.

"You wouldn't tell her." He chuckled. "And that's the reason why I still call you a child."

"I'm not —"

"Sleep, Gem. I'm not babysitting you. You're old enough to understand certain things in life."

"Wait a second. You didn't want me to come visit you, did you?" I felt a hint of sadness in her tone.

"God, of course I did. I miss you, baby sister. I just — I have a lot on my mind. I'm sorry for leaving." He took a deep breath. "Get some rest, I'll see you in the morning. I'll make you a big breakfast if you do."

"A —"

"A triple cheese and mushroom omelette, with shiitake mushrooms; and a freshly squeezed cup of orange juice to go with it."

"I love you, big brother." She said. I had no idea what she looked like, but all I knew was that I'm sure she had a wide smile on her face.

"I love you, too." Harry replied and ended the call.

I smiled as his eyes met mine. "She seems lovely."

"You heard all that, didn't you?" He looked at me, his brows furrowed.

"She's got a big voice." I replied, then realising that I shouldn't have said that. "Um, sorry. I wasn't overhearing

"That's alright. My phone pretty much lacks privacy." He chuckled and I nervously bit my lip, still unsure if he truly meant what he said. "Honestly, C, don't worry about it. It really is okay."

"Okay." I nodded, smiling. 

The two of us, looked back out towards the city that was filled with the positive and negative things in the world. The black, the white, the grey. The good, the bad, and the perfection. The normal; and the colourful.

..

A/N:

This chapter was a little peak into Harry's previous life. His past was about to be brought up, but like always, he stopped it from being spoken about. What is it?

What'd you guys think of Gemma and her relationship with her older brother?

Also, Céline and Harry have another close connection to one another; a mutual one. What...or who is that? 

What else did you like about the chapter?

Pretty please, with a cherry on top, press on that little star on the chapter. Those are always nice, little gifts.

Much love!

S x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 1.1K 35
Mabel Donovan, a twenty-two-year-old dealing with writer's block, is presented with the life-changing opportunity of closely observing the enigmatic...
296K 9.7K 54
When Harry hijacks her car in the middle of the night, Harley is forced to become a getaway driver for one of New Orleans' most fearsome criminals. T...
313K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
88K 2.6K 31
She was Christian Horner's rebellious daughter, who had joined RedBull as a photographer. He was the team principal of Mercedes-AMG Petronas, who wa...